PDA

View Full Version : Alyx Vance Shoe Help?

Hakkari
07-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Right, so finding screenshots or pictures with Alyx's shoes visible is harder than finding the Holy Grail, apparently @_@

All the art of her is cut off at the knee or right above the ankle, and googling pictures of her doesn't net many results. The few pictures I've found of her full-body without being naked or perverted have gotten me mixed results on what kind of shoes she's wearing.

When I asked friends and relatives, a few said that they looked like sneakers, and others said they looked like combat boots. I can't honestly tell because they're always shrouded in shadows in every. single. shot. I even went back into the game and I STILL couldn't tell.

So a little help, please?

Reference (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/001df60e.jpg)
Reference (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/2157700293_7bec339c8b.jpg)
Side View (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/1805849918_ce654af717.jpg)

I know it's not that big of a deal, but I really want to make the costume as accurate as possible due to the fact that it's so simple.

Also, would I be recognized if I'm not in a group with a Gordon Freeman or a Headcrab Zombie or something? I don't mind not being recognized by a lot of people, but has anyone who's done her (or has seen her done) gone without a group? Because I can get my sister to be a Headcrab Zombie, she said she would be willing to, but she also wants to be one of the Disney Fairies the same day I'm planning on wearing the Alyx Vance costume. I'd rather not have her not do something that she wants to do, especially since she just got into cosplay, anime, and cartoons in general.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

SvK
07-20-2011, 07:32 AM
The Source SDK is a free download through Steam if you own Half-Life 2. It includes a model viewer that lets you view any model from any angle in bright light. That is the best way to get your own reference images.

I would recognize you from the duct-taped jacket and Black Mesa t-shirt, but I'm a big Half-Life fan. You may not be recognized that often, but I think people that do recognize you would be very happy to see you.

Hakkari
07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
The Source SDK is a free download through Steam if you own Half-Life 2. It includes a model viewer that lets you view any model from any angle in bright light. That is the best way to get your own reference images.

I would recognize you from the duct-taped jacket and Black Mesa t-shirt, but I'm a big Half-Life fan. You may not be recognized that often, but I think people that do recognize you would be very happy to see you.

I was aware of Source SDK, but I really hate screwing around with modding programs @_@ I'll try it, but I always get ridiculously confused by them xD;

And awesome! ^_^ I had quite a few people recognize me as Chell even when my sister had her Companion Cube off, but I just figured that was more because Portal 2 had just come out. I'm glad that there are a few pieces that still have Alyx stand out.

Thank you :D