PDA

View Full Version : wig suggestions

ravenmist
07-22-2011, 10:17 PM
So, I'll be cosplaying Amy Pond and Rose Tyler for DragonCon this year and I'm having problems trying to find good wigs for them. Anyone have a good suggestion?
I'll be doing The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances Rose Tyler and then The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone Amy Pond.
I don't need anything perfect, but I'd like them pretty close. I'm just having major issues finding ones close enough. I'm on a budget so I'd like to avoid the $70-$100 ones, especially for Rose. So close enough will do.
Thank you in advance!! I'm so lost.

GraelynRose
07-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I use Perücke a27 for Rose. You can look it up on ebay. It's a bit long so I had to cut it, but it works until I can afford a more expensive wig...or just raise enough money to dye my hair again.

A lot of people have been using New Look's Linda wig for Amy. I'm looking into that as well. I wanted to cosplay ToA/F&S for Otakon, but I didn't have the funds for a new wig. Especially since my hotel room plans fell through three times before finding a spot in a one that was a bit more expensive than I would have liked. :(

Good luck! :)

ravenmist
08-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow, I could have sworn I replied to this days ago. Hmm.
Well, I did order my Amy wig, but I'm still having major trouble finding a Rose wig.
I did look up the Perucke one and there's one on Ebay, but the coloring looks too light. I do like it though. Hmm. Decisions. Darn you Rose and your hair.

supergeekgirl
12-02-2011, 05:55 PM
To resurrect a thread instead of starting a new one about wigs...

I'm trying to decide what would make a good Ten wig. I've always had trouble with sideburns. I really never ever want to hand-tie hair again after doing it for one project. Has anyone found good wigs with sideburns or good sew-on sideburns that actually match real wig colors/textures?

I have chin-length blond hair, so without a cut and dye to play Ten, real hair is right out.