PDA

View Full Version : Katsucon-Thursday-Photoshoots 2/12/2004

Eurobeat King
11-22-2003, 04:27 AM
Hey everyone,

At Nekocon 2003 this year, I got to the con a day earlier (Thursday, around noon) and in the afternoon through the evening, I was able to have some photoshoots with my friends who showed up at the con hotel for pre-reg. or just hanging out. Friends like Minakochan, Reiko, Tora, CordlessRunner, Oshi, Midknight, and more were there, and in costume, and I was able to get some nice pics during the day and night, indoor and outdoor. :)

For Katsucon 2004, since I plan to arrive a day early (I booked a night at the Courtyard Marriott for Thursday, February 12th) I will be there to take pictures of any cosplayers who wear costumes on that pre-con day/evening. I don't know how the weather will be like when the con comes, (cold & windy I'm guessing, as long as it's not SNOWING!!) so indoor photoshoots will probably be the best place for them. I've been to that hotel several times in the last few years, so I know where are some good places for photos.

I'm going to try to get to the hotel before noon on Thursday (if I leave SF,CA Wednesday night), so after checking-in and possibly resting for a bit, I'll be ready in the afternoon, so I encourage anyone who plans to cosplay on Thursday, if they would like pictures, to keep an eye out for me and my camara. :) Katsucon has become big throughout the years, so why not treat it like a 4-day con with cosplaying & pictures on the day before it starts?

See you soon!!

kelldar
11-22-2003, 11:41 AM
aw too bad I'm only technically getting there on thursday (like, midnight, lol)!

Tora
11-22-2003, 12:12 PM
I'll be there Thursday evening (with most, if not all of the crew) ^_^ Can't tell you 3 months in advance what costumes (if any) we'll be in... but we can hang out in the least!

Can't wait ^_^

BlueLady
11-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Al any plans for a group picture yet?..
Even though Im from this coast, might be nice to have an east coast group shot like the animagic or AX ones ( can the AX one be outdone??)

Eurobeat King
11-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Kell: I might still be up.. ;) I remember at Otakon & Nekocon, on the night before the con started, I stayed up until 1am or so (East Coast time) Can't remember what I was doing up so late when I should've been sleeping, getting ready for the big Friday..

Tora: Wear the kitty-costumes again like you did at Nekocon. You could call it your pre-con costumes, unless those were specifically for Nekocon.. ;)

Blue: Tab. we will have a gathering, fersure. :D There was one last year and it was pretty big, but I can only imagine Katsucon 2004's will be three times as big.. :thumbsup: And that can cause a major traffic issue (not to mention a lot of members NOT being seen due if there's not enough space) Last year the gathering was on the bottom floor of the hotel, but I think that won't suffice this year.. An outdoor-photoshoot won't work either, with the cold weather (snow or not..) will have everyone freezing their assets off.. We'll work on the place/time as the con gets closer, so look for a thread about it soooon.. :)

Sami
11-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey chief!

I'll be there Thursday, but I don't know what time.. depends on how ballsy I'll be when asking for yet more time off from work. ^_- I will be there Thursday night at the very least though, so depending on what I bring, I may throw something on and hunt you down. :) We shall see.

Sorahana
11-22-2003, 07:50 PM
I wish I could be there on Thursday but I can't. Hotel is too expensive..........and evil school lol XD. We're coming on Friday morning so whee......=D.

ShatteredSunset
11-23-2003, 01:36 AM
Yah, school is evil :\ I can't be there till late Friday... missing stuff isn't fun. Ah well, at least I get to go... with it being in the bloody awfully expensive Hyatt, I was afraid I'd miss it.

Anikiki
11-23-2003, 10:14 AM
I don't have school on Friday but with the prices on hotel rooms and all, I cannot make it until Friday morning. Maybe you can reschedule the shoot or something cuz I like to be in a photoshoot with my new costume.

yuffieleonheart
11-23-2003, 12:42 PM
i'll be there thursday evening i think ^^ with my friends

Eurobeat King
11-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Yuffie: You actually can make it to Katsu, Nikki? :bigtu: That's schweet! Hopefully you and your friends will cosplay on that Thusday night (if it's not toooo late) for photos.

Lyn
11-23-2003, 01:21 PM
yuffie: You're going?! YAAAAAY! That's soooo awesome! *glomps you*

I have no idea if the people I'm rooming with are going up on Thursday night or Friday. I'm going to try to skip school on Friday (bad me, I know) and would like to go up Thursday late afternoon but I don't know if the others are or not. I'll have to ask them. If so, I'll talk to them about maybe getting into some of our group costumes early.

Sorahana
11-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Are you gonna have a photoshoot any other time besides Thursday? I'd beg my mom to leave on Thrusday but she'll say no so.......:whines: Anyway, Yuffie you're going?! Wh00t! I wanna meet you lol XD.

kelldar
11-23-2003, 04:20 PM
hee good I'll have a reason to wander around when I get to the hotel ^__^
yuffie! I can't wait to see your costumes in person! :D

Eurobeat King
11-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Kell: That would be great to get pics of you & YuffieLH side-by-side as FF7 Yuffie & KH Yuffie. :) You two plan out a day & time, and I'll be there to take the pics. Of course, with Kell I usually find you anyway when you have your 8-9 costumes per con.. ;)

CCAmanda: Yesh, the main cosplay.com photoshoot will take place Saturday afternoon.. THIS thread is about taking individual-cosplayer photoshoots during the day/night on that Thursday before Katsucon starts. (If you look at my Nekocon pictures, the first few pages were of my cosplayer friends posing at various locations inside/outside the hotel) I plan to do that for Katsucon, so if you can't be there for Thursday, just wear your costume(s) on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I'll do my best to get photos of you. :) And of course, please make it to the cosplay.com photoshoot ( THE LARGE GROUP GET-TOGETHER) on Saturday.

yuffieleonheart
11-23-2003, 04:44 PM
omg! i feel so loved XD <3! yea i can't wait to see all of you!! ^o^ dun worry al ~_^ nothing keeps me out of cosplay for long XD i'll be in costume as soon as i can =33333

Sorahana
11-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Yeah!! I shall find you Yuffie cause I want pics with ya!!
And Eurobeat King-okies!! I need to get some pics bymyself...some good ones at least.....;____;. Hope you take pics of me lol XD. I have like 6 costumes for this thing lol XD.

Eurobeat King
11-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Yuffie: I trust you. ;) You'll prolly be in costume before I wake-up Friday morning.. :thumbsup: This Katsu I'm going to pre-reg. so I'll take care of that Thursday evening. ;)

CCAmanda: Sure, if I don't ask to take your picture, just come up to me and ask me to take pictures. I won't be cosplaying too much, but you can't miss me wearing normal clothes, my SuperEuroBeat shirt, or my all-white attire.. "You're Eurobeat King, right? I'm CCAmanda on cosplay.com" is a nice introduction. ;) If you also tell me what the next costume you'll be wearing will be, that also helps.

Reiko
11-23-2003, 08:15 PM
^_^ We'll be there alright ^_^

Xx Lulu xX
11-24-2003, 02:34 AM
^_^ Im 75% sure that i'll be there thursday, i think Isami'll be with me, she has to ask her mom, but I'll be there, I'll probably be wearing my Songstress Lenne Thursday if anything ^_^

Oshi
11-24-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure my carful (RyuujinMike, TyJILDown, Suou718, MarkShark) isn't gettin there til Fri morning o.o; Unless we have rooming for the night..... But I'm pretty sure we don't have Thurs night reserved

Lilli
11-24-2003, 03:19 PM
o.o Depending on how lucky I am, maybe I can get Thursday off and be there early-ish in the day, whee :3 (As opposed to showing up at 4 pm, hehe)

Maaauuu, I've been sick at the past few cons, and havn't had a chance to hang out with everyone!! *tries to be ultra healthy for Katsu, whee*

Neko Cathy
11-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Oh so this isn't the cosplay.com photoshoot, right? Since I left friday open for no classes, I will be in early Friday.

Lilli
11-24-2003, 05:35 PM
No, it's the "We're Here A Day Early And Bored, So Se're Gonna Get Dressed And Start The Party A Day Early" photoshoot.

Or such is my understanding :3

Raine
11-24-2003, 07:07 PM
I might be there Thursday night. If so, then I'll be with Yuffie. But unfortunately not if we arrive too late, because I'll be dead tired and would have a Ritz Carlton hotel room to look forward to. *o*

Sorahana
11-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I know for sure that I shall be getting there Friday morning sometime....must force my caravan (family lol XD) to get up early and get moving lol XD. I'll probably be wearing my Yuna costume down there lol XD. Then I'll have to debate what days to wear my other 5 costumes lol XD.

Xx Lulu xX
11-24-2003, 09:15 PM
^^ i think i'll get up early to go, probably have isami sleep over the night before, and sleep on teh way down, i'll most likely wear lenne when i get there :D

ainslye
11-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I will probably (80%.. depends on how work goes) be there Thurs evening (2ish hour drive after we get home from work). I'd love to participate if we don't get there too late... only problem is.. what to wear??
^^

Eurobeat King
11-28-2003, 01:12 AM
UPDATE: Well, I bought my airline tickets for Katsucon today (on Thanksgiving, too!) and so it looks like I get to keep this thread going! ;) I'll be arriving on Thursay, February 12th, around 9:30am. So I should be getting to the Courtyard Marriott by 10am, and depending if I get my room around that time, I might nap first before going to the Hyatt to check it out. (After almost 7 hours total of flying, a stop-over in Chicago, and losing 3 hours, I need to get a little rest since I'm rarely able to sleep on planes..) So let's say anytime after noon-1pm I'll be wandering around the Hyatt, looking for people.

Lilli: Katsucon has always been 3 days long, but like AX, Otakon, and Nekocon this year, I want to get there the day before, rest up, scout out the location, meet up with people, and if they're cosplaying, take pictures! So in a sense, getting there on Thursday and having fun makes it feel like a 4-day con..

Ainsyle: Jen, wear whatever you want to. You could wear Tifa since it's simple, else we could save that for Friday or Saturday, since maybe we'll find Kim & Trina (if she's going) to do the Tifa-Trio pics again.. :)

Lilli
12-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Poor Al, I wasn't insulting you ^-^\/ I always show up the day before and leave the day after too, hehe ^^;; It's just easier, not having to rush, and be in spaz "omg omg omg what time is it?" mode.

Edit: (Like SO WHEN YOUR FLIGHT GETS DELAYED, you still know you'll get to the hotel in time. *ANGRY CHEW RANT NYAR DIE DIE DIE* /end )

And of course yeah :3 It gives more time to see some of the people you see twice a year, and take more happy photos, mau!

But a spade is still a spade :3 Hehe

Eurobeat King
12-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Lilli: I knew you were, and I didn't take it seriously. ;) *hug* I'm not sure how many cons in 2004 I plan to go to the day before the con actually starts (Katsucon, Anime Expo, Otakon, and a couple others) to do pre-con photoshoots of people who are there a day early, but I'll do my best. :D

Less than 2 months to go 'til Katsu!! Bought 2 256mb CF cards at BestBuy on Black Friday (the day after Thanxgiving) for only $40 each! hehe That was worth getting there at 6am that morning and waiting 2 hours in line to pay for them.. I think.. :thumbsup: So I think I'm set for Katsucon pics.. all 4 days!! :skidude2: See you all there!

daguru
12-14-2003, 08:10 PM
i got a question 'bout this con. Is the hotel where the con is being held, or is it attached to a convention center, or is it like otakon (where your hotel is 7 blocks away cuz you waited till june to reserve a room)? *hits self on head*

well, EK says he's familiar with this hotel and i just wanna know (cuz Im bringing 4 costumes). can ya help out please?

Eurobeat King
12-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Daguru: Katsucon isn't as big as Otakon, and Katsu is a hotel-based convention. That means that the HYATT is the only hotel where the con is being held, where all the events are happening, and the only hotel to have a con-rate for their rooms. I'm not sure if the Hyatt is sold out, but you can always try the Courtyard Marriott which is the closest hotel. You can also try the Holiday Inn which is across the street by the McDonald's, but that's a little further off and a pain in the @$$ to walk to/from in the cold and snow.. :thumbsup:

Carmila
12-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah! It looks like I will be driving up on Thurs, though I don't know how long it will be. I think the drive is like 10 hours or so, but I am not sure and I will be leaving here around 8 or 9 am. So I will try and be there if I can!

Ranma Saotome
12-15-2003, 02:40 PM
I'll be there Thursday night, I'll try to look fer ya Eurobeat. Hell, I might buy ya a drink. :D

UnwantedKikyo
12-16-2003, 02:39 PM
I will be there either thurs. or fri. mabey cause im rooming with tora...mabey and need to kno when I can get there...hehe ^_^'' alotta mabeys in there huh? but I will be there in Rinoa,Kikyo,and mabey Mitsuki Sanada's skool uniform*points to avatar*. Thats bout it....ok that is it. but ok...shutting up now ^_^ hehe

Lady_Sephiroth
12-16-2003, 06:22 PM
I can't get there till Friday ... we only have reservations for 2 nights...

I never actually thought of going to a con the night before ... It's only a 4 1/2 hours drive for me I could leave after work and concieveably get there Thursday night ...

I may throw this to an open vote for the other 4 people in my room (I am the holder of the almighty credit card mwhahaha) but I'm almost sure we won't be able to get there till Friday ...

I wonder if my aunt would put me up for the night on Thursday and/or let me park my car in her driveway ...

Ranma Saotome
12-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Lady_Sep, maybe someone will let you bunk for one night. ^^

Kasai
12-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Oh man, I hope I can get there on Thursday.. x.x

I hate being fifteen. Oh, how I wish I owned a credit card and a car. ::sigh::

If I do get there on Thursday, it'd be Thursday evening and I wouldn't be wearing anything. Well, I mean, I wouldn't be naked.. ha ha. But I wouldn't have a cosplay. I'd want Thursday to be my "::big sigh:: Okay, I'm here, I'm alive, time to breathe" time. But I guess a little mingling with cosplay.com-ers wouldn't be so bad once I get myself organized. ^^

otakutre
12-24-2003, 10:09 PM
I'll definitely be getting there sometime on Thursday. Upon looking at my classes... I'd say I'll be there around dinner time. There's an okay chance that I can get my group to put on our Modern Zelda costumes and get some nice group shots. Or, should they be punks... or should I just be super motivated... I'll wear Ulala from Space Channel 5 which probably will only get worn at nights for the entirety of the con.

Whee! Can't wait to actually meet the oh-so-infamous Eurobeat King instead of just having sightings. ^_^

UnwantedKikyo
12-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Well im only 14! my dad is like you can miss school and I will take you!!! haah ^_^ thank god for him and tora for letting me room with her! hehe ^_^ *hugs dad and tora*

Eurobeat King
02-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I look forward to seeing everyone who's going to be there on Thursday before the con starts, and I'll be ready on that afternoon/evening to take pictures of whoever plans to cosplay. :D Depending on the time and weather, I could take pics OUTSIDE if anyone wants snow pictures (if there is any..)

Admin will be arriving later on the in afternoon/early evening, around 5pm, and so i'd say after 6pm or so he'll be joining me in taking pictures, so until he shows up and is ready to go with his 11MP camera, I'll do my best with my duo-cameras (2MP & 4MP) :thumbsup:

We hope to get a lot of good pictures that day, but the fun doesn't stop with just photoshoots. During the evening, we plan to have our con-tradition, the Cosplay.com Table-Gathering, a day early!! :bigtu: Sometime in the evening (after 8 or 9pm) we'll be setting up our stuff for everyone (on the bottom floor of the Hilton outside of main events) to come visit: Admin will have his photo albums with the BIG 13"X18" cosplayer photos, and I'll have my chibi-printer to print up some of the day's photos. And of course, I'll have music playing (SEB: Super Eurobeat music of course!) but also some other dance music like Techno-Kingdom Hearts ;) FinalFantasy-dance, Freestyle, and some anime remixes. It'll be fun, so please swing on by to check out the photos, pose for some if you're arriving later in the evening, and overall to have fun!

If you're arriving LATE in the evening, we should be having the gathering until midnight or so, since we all need to rest up for the BIG day on Friday.. But do stop on by to say hello, since it'll be easy to find us..

Take care everyone, and good luck finishing up those costumes!! We'll see you all on Thursday or Friday! ciao~

yukitoLeonheart
02-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Nice.......I am doing some photoshoot's of my own with my friends, the night, and maybe some sparkles..........but I could use some decent pics of my gay empowerment Luffy Flag I made for the rally the next day and the Luffy costume with lot's off flare.....probably will be the only time I am wearing it, but the flag is staying with me allllllll weekend.

AndoMasanobu
02-09-2004, 12:02 AM
ill be getting there friday night, depends on what time my bf's band practice is over-_-' but ill definately be there. hopefully i wont have a prob checking in, since its my ma's card ^ ^ that i wont have on me. theres a first time for everything. im used to just driving to the con everyday ^_^ Ill be bringing a few cosplay's with me, but i might just do my dark egc thrusday if anything

Notorious C.U.Z
02-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone,

I look forward to seeing everyone who's going to be there on Thursday before the con starts, and I'll be ready on that afternoon/evening to take pictures of whoever plans to cosplay. :D Depending on the time and weather, I could take pics OUTSIDE if anyone wants snow pictures (if there is any.)

Hiya, Eurobeat King!! I live in the DC area, so I can say for sure that (as of today) most of the snow that we got from the past week is melted away and there doesn't look to be any more new storms coming through, but it WILL be super-windy, so bring a good jacket!!

If a friend or two of mine can join the fun, that'd be cool, but I definitely plan on being there in the afternoon by 1 PM or so even if I go solo... It'll be great seeing you again!!

Joe Bombable
02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Hahaha! Great, now I can my my grand appearance... so when is this taking place, I'll walk around the hotel I guess. Maybe have a smore or a drink somewhere. But you'll definately hear me a mile away.

Follow the music...

Tsumanne
02-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Cool I'll swing by on thursday. Despite my pleas the government has decided that I am to work from 4:30am - 6:30 pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday......... Crap. So I'll only be able to make some late night appearences. I live in DC. And I just finished my first true anime costume too. My Patlabor uniform. If I'm luckey I might be able to get off early on friday or saturday. If the plane I have to guard flies away somewhere there is no reason for me to sit around and guard it's parking spot.

Eurobeat King
02-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks to those who did show up Thursday evening for the few pictures that I got, like Reiko and her gang who did Gravitation. Those will be first pictures that go up starting tomorrow night, so keep an eye out for it. ;)

HikaruMiazaki
02-16-2004, 06:27 PM
>< I missed Katsu cuz I was sick and going to A-Kon instead for Miyavi. Ohhh I feel so left out xP