PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar!!!!!!

Blackstar96
07-24-2011, 06:33 AM
im in the planning stages of doing my first cosplay, and if you havnt figured it out yet, its blackstar... anyone have tips for my first cosplay. whats the best way of going around it, what will be expected of me at a con, etc, etc?:bigtu:

darrenxaxel
07-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Well if you are cosplaying Black Star, first of all for Con behavior, DO NOT ACT IN CHARACTER UNLESS SOMEONE APPROACHES YOU IN CHARACTER. Trust me, you will make LOTS more friends that way. Not that Black Star isnt an awesome character, its just that people who dont watch the anime, or dont particularly like Black Star would become annoyed. If a character approaches you in character then by all means, play around a bit, but try not to climb on top of things screaming about your show ^^;;
There is more about Con behavoir in the General Cosplay chat.

As for making the costume, im sure there are more threads in here about it.

pokkypok
08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
^Agreed. Especially with a character like Black Star, you should only act in character if someone approaches you looking for a response in character. For example, a Soul cosplayers running towards you in slow motion yelling "BLACK STAR" or if someone says something like "Hey Black Star, who are you going to transcend?"
You can also do like in character posing and stuff, or sometimes at gatherings you can get away with acting like him.
But in general at cons, be yourself an treat others how you would want to be treated.
And if this is your first costume, do you know how to sew? If not, it might be a good idea to commission it or buy it off a site.
If you do, I would suggest going to thrift store shopping and looking for garments that fit you and can be modified.
You're on your own for the wig. XD
Try googling for tutorials, the Internet has pretty much everything somewhere.