PDA

View Full Version : I need alot of help with a complicated project

closetcosplayer
07-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Hello. I am a cosplayer, kinda new to the field. I have been pulling off closet cosplays, but i am finally deciding on a difficult project. I was suggested 2 characters by one of my friends, both from Katekyo Hitman Reborn. She suggested personality wise, i am either like Lussuria, or i am like Ipin. Now, i am a female, but i can pull of guys pretty well. So, it's not a gender thing. It's actually choosing between TYL Lussuria, whose wig is a pain, and TYL Ipin, whose wig is a little easier, but making the costume in total is a little harder. Can i get opinion, and then may i get suggestions on both problems?:confused: Arigato, thanks for your time!

Mangos_Limes
07-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Hiya
I personally think that Lussuria is just plain awesome, so I'm very partial to him. What TYL I-pin costume are you going for? The Ramen delivery one would be fairly simple to make and you could almost do a closet cosplay for that. All you would have to make would be the ramen box-thing.
The Varia coat is quite difficult to make. But there is a pattern that I can suggest for that. Pleather is a difficult material to work with, and it was a royal pain in the ass. You can buy black pants and sew tan/white stripes on them.
So if you are going for difficulty level, I-pin would be the better choice. But if you want more pictures I would go for Lussuria, because even if people don't know the anime they'll probably just want to take your picture because of the unique outfit.
I apologize for this extremely long reply.

closetcosplayer
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Hiya
I personally think that Lussuria is just plain awesome, so I'm very partial to him. What TYL I-pin costume are you going for? The Ramen delivery one would be fairly simple to make and you could almost do a closet cosplay for that. All you would have to make would be the ramen box-thing.
The Varia coat is quite difficult to make. But there is a pattern that I can suggest for that. Pleather is a difficult material to work with, and it was a royal pain in the ass. You can buy black pants and sew tan/white stripes on them.
So if you are going for difficulty level, I-pin would be the better choice. But if you want more pictures I would go for Lussuria, because even if people don't know the anime they'll probably just want to take your picture because of the unique outfit.
I apologize for this extremely long reply.

Well, thing is that there are not alot of reference pictures for either, so i'm just having difficulty choosing that way. Also, i had the Ipin discussion with my friend who suggested these costumes to me. You can almost do a closet cosplay for the Ramen one, but thing is that the box is kinda almost required since it is an identifying factor for her...... And i like the lussuria idea better, but it's the wig and then the jacket. I could probably cheat a little and make it out of cotton or something, since i'm not experienced with pleather, but fact of the matter is it still looks hard!!! And the wig is one of the 'dang it, i need it custom, say goodbye to 100 bucks' kinda deals....... seeing as i'm not the best wig styler in my group, i would most likely go for ipin just because it looks a little simpler......