PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, be prepared! Anyone else going around the Charlotte area?

akusagi
11-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Not sure what I'm going to do this year. I'm thinking Rikku from X-2. It IS an
awesome game! I love it!

liz-maru
11-23-2003, 09:44 AM
^^ aweshome!

HikaruShindo
11-26-2003, 03:37 AM
If I finish my Utena costume for Katsucon.. then Ill definately bring it!

Im hoping to make either an Eternal Sailor Uranus costume or finish my Aisha ClanClan costume thats just been sitting in my closet >< we'll see how it goes

KireiX
04-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Im gonna be heading to AZ from the Charlotte area. Good to see another charlotte enthusiast!

IXArachneXI
04-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Anyone else think it's odd that Durham has a con, but Charlotte doesn't?

Kilayi
04-15-2004, 03:47 PM
yeh and I know that Greensboro has a convention center, but no interesting cons happen... at least not that i know of... O_o maybe somday *sigh*

GreatSG
04-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I live in Hickory, that's like... 40-50 miles east of Charlotte. I'm looking into a long drive to the con, gotta go pick up a friend in Siler City so i'll be taking I-40 and then Hwy 64 for a good portion of the ride.

michiko-chan
04-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Anyone else think it's odd that Durham has a con, but Charlotte doesn't?

I think it's further proof that the eastern part of the state gets all the good stuff while Charlotte gets screwed. Charlotte has a rather spiffy convention center, but maybe an anime convention isn't "world class" enough for whoever's in charge.
Guess I'll see all y'all Charlotte people there! :)

sakeninja1
04-16-2004, 01:36 PM
The charlotte convention center is nice but its not inside a hotel which kinda of sucks cause would not be able to walk around with our alc (cough cough) I mean props. LOL Plus they would have to enforce a really strict weapons and custom policy which would make the con no fun if it was held there would be treated like Bootleg Con (A.K.A) Heros Convention. LOL

<---- 45 min away from Charlotte. If wondering.

IXArachneXI
04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
yuck :P I hate HeroesCon. But then I make it a point to give that store as little money as possible. Everyone! Come to Borders! We have the best and biggest manga section in town- and we have me! :)

DDR Faery Spice
04-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I might come to Borders just to bother you, Arachne-chan!XP But yeah...'nother Charlotte person...Otakon is in a convention center, though I think it's overcome that stigma...but they have to enforce really strict policies, so I don't think we'd be able to do as much carousing. And carousing's half the fun! So I'll gladly ride to Durham...for now. ^^

Nuriko_no_Miko
04-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I've been counting down the days til AZ 2004 since the con last year... working on my Songstress Yuna costume as we speak XD And it's even more exciting now that Yuu Watase and Chika Sakamoto are going to be there ~dreamy eyes~ ....Yeah, anway. I suppose Concord is considered the Charlotte area - either way, I'll be there ^-^. What costumes are the rest of you bringing?

For that matter, how many of you were there last year? It'd be interesting to know how many of you I saw....

~Eniko, Nuriko no Miko

DDR Faery Spice
04-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Costumes I'm bringing: DDR Faery(of course!), Nami from One Piece, and Sake Ninja Cougar. I can't wait to meet Watase-sama...and Sakamoto-sama....*worships* AZ is the best. I'm also trying to complete a DOA:XBV swimsuit for the pool. I've never seen the pool. It's sad. But yeah. I was there last year too, as the DDR Faery and Hinoki from Betterman. The pics are in my gallery. Did you cosplay last year, Nuriko?

Nuriko_no_Miko
04-17-2004, 03:13 PM
But of course! ^-~. Last year was my first cosplay... I went as Nuriko (shocked?). The outfit wasn't from the anime, but the long purple braid kinda gave it away ^-~ I was quite bright. Here, piccy: Chichiri n' Nuriko (http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/az2003/20/image/az2003-1146.jpg)

I'll be wearing that costume again this year... made some improvements on it. As mentioned before, I'll also be going as Yuna from X-2 in her songstress outfit. ^-^. Now, let's see.... ~skitters off to the gallery to see if she recognizes DDR Faery~

Kilayi
04-18-2004, 08:10 PM
oi! Nuriko i saw you.... but you prolly wont remember me.... like i saw Faery and she didnt remember me either.... its because i sisnt have time to talk to either of you.... heheh... i talked to lotsa peoples about random things.... Bwahahah!!! (has had little sleep)

GreatSG
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Everyone! Come to Borders! We have the best and biggest manga section in town- and we have me! :)

I think the Media Play in Hickory might ahve you beat. :p

DDR Faery Spice
04-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Nuriko-chan! I have pics of you! And I REMEMBER you!!!! X3 I remember thinking "Wow, that Nuriko is really pretty!" You looked slightly bishounen-esque, so pardon me for going fangirl. ^^ You were an awesome Nuriko! I wonder how many more of you I remember...

AppalachianYuna
05-03-2004, 01:25 AM
I'm going...I'm from right outside of Charlotte--Concord. ^_^

IXArachneXI
05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the Media Play in Hickory might ahve you beat. :p

Blah! That's in Hickory, not Charlotte! Plus they don't have me! :bigtu:

meedlymee
05-03-2004, 11:51 PM
im like two hours from charlotte, in boone, does that count? does it does it?

but im only half an hour away from hickory, and i must say, their media play does rule quite a bit.

DDR Faery Spice
05-04-2004, 05:51 PM
bishie-chan lives in boone!

meedlymee
05-04-2004, 08:27 PM
i know bish! she went to school with me!

IXArachneXI
05-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Do you go to App?

meedlymee
05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
no, my family lives here because my dad works at app, i goto the community college but i'll be at app next fall.

it'll be sweet, or so i'm told.

IXArachneXI
05-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Be careful- App is cursed. No one actually graduates from there. But I guess if you live in Boone you're used to the eviliness that is Boone. Can you tell I'm a App drop-out? :D

GreatSG
05-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Be careful- App is cursed. No one actually graduates from there. But I guess if you live in Boone you're used to the eviliness that is Boone. Can you tell I'm a App drop-out? :D

Go Catamounts! *Waves WCU banner* :cool:

meedlymee
05-06-2004, 12:00 AM
man oh man do i know about the app curse. im only going for two years though, and my parents live here, and..well im stuck until medical school. besides, app has the best forensic science program in the state (future forensic pathologist here).

SakeNinja2
05-06-2004, 12:07 AM
LOL I have some friends at App. Everybody ends up becoming a scruffy hippy. We call them the "nappy Appys" but hey, it's a cheap place to stay when I want to go skiing!

annereathe
05-06-2004, 08:25 AM

Not true, not true. I actually managed to graduate from App. Now if I could only get out of Boone...

meedlymee
05-06-2004, 11:53 AM
oh man you live in boone?

IXArachneXI
05-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Tell me about the dirty hippies...not only did I go to App- I was in Wataga (spelling??) college AND lived in East.

annereathe
05-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Tell me about the dirty hippies...not only did I go to App- I was in Wataga (spelling??) college AND lived in East.

Shut Up! I was in Watauga and lived in East. From '96-'99. Were you there then?

And I totally know about the dirty hippies. If I ever hear another Grateful Dead song in my life, it will be too soon.

annereathe
05-06-2004, 02:50 PM
oh man you live in boone?

Yeah, I've been here for almost 8 years, although I did take a brief hiatus to do some graduate work at UNCG. I don't really hate Boone, I think it's beautiful and all that blah, blah, blah--I'm itching to move somewhere bigger.

DDR Faery Spice
05-06-2004, 05:14 PM
SG, you go to WCU?? I'm applying there next year as a music major(I'm hoping....)! I'm kinda scared though...I'd have to join the anime club, and they look frightening. But the Catamount Singers are totally awesome. But yeah.
OMG, meedlymee, you went to school with Bishi?? And forensic pathology is a coolish field.
Anyway, 3 weeks exactly till AZ!

IXArachneXI
05-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Shut Up! I was in Watauga and lived in East. From '96-'99. Were you there then?

And I totally know about the dirty hippies. If I ever hear another Grateful Dead song in my life, it will be too soon.

I was a freshman in '98...we may know each other!

there's nothing quite like being woken up at 8 in the morning by bongo drums to make you want to kill someone...

meedlymee
05-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I've been here for almost 8 years, although I did take a brief hiatus to do some graduate work at UNCG. I don't really hate Boone, I think it's beautiful and all that blah, blah, blah--I'm itching to move somewhere bigger.

its too cold here, im from miami! i'd like to go back.

the college students are leaving tomorrow, all of them, right after the graduate. oh god i cant wait. once again the smell of patchulli will leave the town..if only for a few months.

GreatSG
05-08-2004, 11:17 PM
SG, you go to WCU?? I'm applying there next year as a music major(I'm hoping....)! I'm kinda scared though...I'd have to join the anime club, and they look frightening. But the Catamount Singers are totally awesome. But yeah.

I wish I did, my dad was Alumni ther, and yes, Western has a great music department.

annereathe
05-10-2004, 08:39 AM
I was a freshman in '98...we may know each other!

there's nothing quite like being woken up at 8 in the morning by bongo drums to make you want to kill someone...

The girl that lived next door to me my freshman year would have her boyfriend over and they would beat drums for like an hour really late at night, which I guess got them excited or whatever, becuase then they would have really loud sex. Bleh.

I think '98 was the year I was the RA for Subfloor. My name's Annie. Blue hair, green hair, stupid big pants. The pants have gone the way of the dodo, thankfully.

annereathe
05-10-2004, 08:41 AM
its too cold here, im from miami! i'd like to go back.

the college students are leaving tomorrow, all of them, right after the graduate. oh god i cant wait. once again the smell of patchulli will leave the town..if only for a few months.

I know, this is my favorite time of year in Boone--the weather's nice, the traffic's not bad, all the idiots have cleared out for a while and the Florida tourists haven't moved into their summer houses yet. I love it!

IXArachneXI
05-10-2004, 09:38 PM
The girl that lived next door to me my freshman year would have her boyfriend over and they would beat drums for like an hour really late at night, which I guess got them excited or whatever, becuase then they would have really loud sex. Bleh.

I think '98 was the year I was the RA for Subfloor. My name's Annie. Blue hair, green hair, stupid big pants. The pants have gone the way of the dodo, thankfully.

I think I remember you. I was one of Summer's freshmen friends. My name's Stacy and I was the punk looking chick with the facial piercings and spiked hair. I was usually found past out in the tv room since my roommate's boyfriend moved into our dorm room, making my life hell. XP

annereathe
05-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I think I remember you. I was one of Summer's freshmen friends. My name's Stacy and I was the punk looking chick with the facial piercings and spiked hair. I was usually found past out in the tv room since my roommate's boyfriend moved into our dorm room, making my life hell. XP

I think I remember you, too. Did you have a lip piercing?

Kasumiangel
05-13-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm not from the Charlotte area (I'm in Asheville), but I will be driving through Charlotte on my way to the con. We're picking up my husband's little brother there, and caravaning up there with a couple of friends who are in Charlotte or the Charlotte area. All total, I think that makes 8 of us coming from Charlotte.

IXArachneXI
05-13-2004, 02:27 PM
I think I remember you, too. Did you have a lip piercing?

I had my eyebrow pierced and my nose.