PDA

View Full Version : Anime Conji 2012

RichAndCreamy
07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm kicking off this new thread with $35 3 day badges for Anime Conji 2012!

http://animeconji.org/reg/

dark--typhoon
07-28-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm kicking off this new thread with $35 3 day badges for Anime Conji 2012!

http://animeconji.org/reg/

Great! How long does the $35 deal last?

RichAndCreamy
07-29-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm going to try to keep all the prices the same till at least the end of August. We're going to have a site check today and work on a LOT of precon planning this month!

Maybe even announce a guest or two? :mfg:

KUJO3423
07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Maybe even announce a guest or two? :mfg:

YIPPIE!

darklynx
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Site check was successful. We also have a lan party in planning for the con. I also just ate a burrito.

Kitsune-sama
08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Yay! 2012 thread 8D!

RichAndCreamy
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
And now pre-reg is live on our main site! prices are still the same. 1 day badge sales will be live at PMX.

http://www.animeconji.org/2012/?page_id=124

I think we'll raise prices right before PMX so buy soon!

dark--typhoon
08-01-2011, 11:30 PM
And now pre-reg is live on our main site! prices are still the same. 1 day badge sales will be live at PMX.

Will the other prices be the same up until con time? Mainly, the 13-17 child badge and the 18-20 college student badge.

SenSen2006
08-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Start thinking of cosplay gatherings you guys might want to do. I'll have pictures of the areas and a schedule up once the Conji forums are up.

El_Duque
08-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Jeez already.

Kitsune-sama
08-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Jeez already.

:3 Yep, already. It's never too early to get excited/ready for a convention
(especially one as awesome as Conji)

kankuro-san
08-08-2011, 12:07 AM
There will be Cosplay Chess. Ill be making a thread on Facebook maybe.

dark--typhoon
08-08-2011, 12:12 AM
There will be Cosplay Chess. Ill be making a thread on Facebook maybe.

YEEEESSSS!
Only thing is, I don't have FB, so could you make a thread here on cosplay.com instead where everyone can see it?

I'll participate as a piece - costume: Ichimaru Gin from Bleach; and if I can request a spot, king side knight.

atlantisan
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM

How much are the 1 day badges? Saturday specifically.

darklynx
08-10-2011, 02:39 AM

Not sure yet. We'll let you know as soon as we figure it out though.

RichAndCreamy
08-10-2011, 04:56 AM
(This is not set in stone!)

Online Pre-Registration

$35.00(full weekend badge)
Discounted Full Weekend Rates

Free (Child 5 and under with paid adult)
$15.00 (Child between 6-12 with paid adult)
$25.00 (Child between 13-17)
$30.00 (18-20 and college students [with proof of ID])
$30.00 (teachers and librarians [with proof of ID])
$30.00 (military and family [with proof of ID])
$30.00 (fan group members*)

Event Registration:

$25 All Day
No discount sales or single day sales

Rate increase #1 November 10th

$45 Full day
$40 Discounted Rates
$30 Group rate stays the same with a 20 person minimum

Single day rates now live:

$15 Friday
$25 Saturday
$15 Sunday

Rate increase #2 January 5th 2012 End online sales midnight March 1st

$50 Full day
$45 Discounted Rates

$50 Full day
$45 Discounted Rates

$20 Friday
$30 Saturday
$25 Sunday

At Door Prices:

All Days $55
Discounted rates $50
Friday $25
Saturday $35
Sunday $25

No more group sales.

RichAndCreamy
08-10-2011, 04:58 AM

For $5 more you can get a 3 day badge if you buy now instead of wait for $25 Saturday badge to go live!

animenerd93
08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey id be willing to run the katekyo hitman reborn gathering or the hetalia gathering!!!!!!!!!

also i was signed up to staff, but havent been told where im working.......

Evil Bishounen
08-11-2011, 12:45 AM
I'll definitely be back again, and this time I'll be better prepared to take advantage of the epic scenery at the Town & Country.

Has anyone on staff tried contacting Admin to see if we can get an Anime Conji subforum? This is San Diego's only anime con, after all, and I imagine having its own subforum on cosplay.com would attract more attention.

Also, I can't find a forums link on the Conji website. Is it down?

Kitsune-sama
08-11-2011, 12:57 AM

I'm not sure what happened to it on the site, but here's the link for it:
http://www.animeconji.org/forums/

RichAndCreamy
08-11-2011, 02:25 AM
I'll definitely be back again, and this time I'll be better prepared to take advantage of the epic scenery at the Town & Country.

Has anyone on staff tried contacting Admin to see if we can get an Anime Conji subforum? This is San Diego's only anime con, after all, and I imagine having its own subforum on cosplay.com would attract more attention.

I"ve contacted them and so has several members of my staff. Can you help petition them to give us a forum? We're on our third year, do or die because we have a hotel contract!

We're going to launch new forums. Officially we're calling the old forums dead. Anything there is non canon :P

xShadow-Lightx
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I wonder how long does it take for a panel to go through. I haven't yet gotten a full response for it. I need to know so I can plan out the rest of my con time. It is limited for me since I have classes conflicting during those days. Not to mention that I will have to help out with staffing as well as letting others who are on the panel know. It's hard if there is going to be things conflicting. Thanks

Kitsune-sama
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I wonder how long does it take for a panel to go through. I haven't yet gotten a full response for it. I need to know so I can plan out the rest of my con time. It is limited for me since I have classes conflicting during those days. Not to mention that I will have to help out with staffing as well as letting others who are on the panel know. It's hard if there is going to be things conflicting. Thanks

Have you gotten an email saying that your submission was received? Or are you waiting on what day/time your panel will be at?

darklynx
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM

When was the last time you heard anything? And I'll see what can be done also.

yuna131422
12-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Moi~. I can't wait~.
Just a couple months away!
I am getting all my cosplay materials bought slowly yet surely. c:

I think I may need some photographers so I can get some photoshoots in. o:

darklynx
12-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Depending on what and when, I can push you toward photogs I know.

corycat90
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
So excited to go to this con again, it was so much fun last year--you all are a great bunch of people. Super happy that it's during my spring break this year too.
Expecting to only do one cosplay this time around--i haven't even gotten started though! Go me.

0JennxYukina0
12-23-2011, 12:09 PM
This will be my first time going to Anime Conji, and at the Artist Alley! So very excited about this.. can anyone tell me how long the $99/night deal lasts over there for the hotel, and when the latest Artist Alley Staff contact you for an invoice?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information given. <3

draco87
12-24-2011, 05:36 PM
This will be my first time going to Anime Conji, and at the Artist Alley! So very excited about this.. can anyone tell me how long the $99/night deal lasts over there for the hotel, and when the latest Artist Alley Staff contact you for an invoice?

Ill pass the word along and try to get some info to ya

darklynx
12-25-2011, 05:32 AM

Sorry about the wait on this. I asked about the room block closure, and it's not till about 2 weeks from the con I believe.

For the invoice on Artist Alley, were you in the initial wave? Because I know some invoices were sent out. If you're really worried or haven't heard anything in a while, email artistalley@animeconji.org and you should get something decently fast. If not, let me know and I'll try to catch the AA head when they're free.

Why am I up this late? Woo.

0JennxYukina0
12-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Ill pass the word along and try to get some info to ya
Much appreciated! If you haven't already, I've already gathered some needed information about what I asked about, so it's all good. Thanks again for helping me out.

Sorry about the wait on this. I asked about the room block closure, and it's not till about 2 weeks from the con I believe.

For the invoice on Artist Alley, were you in the initial wave? Because I know some invoices were sent out. If you're really worried or haven't heard anything in a while, email artistalley@animeconji.org and you should get something decently fast. If not, let me know and I'll try to catch the AA head when they're free.

Why am I up this late? Woo.

I appreciate the info on the rooms! So I'm guessing it wouldn't be an issue reserving one around the beginning of February then, with the regular $99/night price?

As for Artist Alley, all is taken care of! They sent my invoice 2 days after my post. Barrie Young was awesome answering my questions and telling me everything I needed to know. c:

darklynx
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I appreciate the info on the rooms! So I'm guessing it wouldn't be an issue reserving one around the beginning of February then, with the regular $99/night price?

As for Artist Alley, all is taken care of! They sent my invoice 2 days after my post. Barrie Young was awesome answering my questions and telling me everything I needed to know. c:

Yeah, should be no problem. If there is, let me know and I'll bother our hotel liaison about it.

Ah, good good.

If you need anything else just let me know.

0JennxYukina0
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, should be no problem. If there is, let me know and I'll bother our hotel liaison about it.

Ah, good good.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Well, I haven't gotten a word of any problems, so I bet everything is good now! All that's left is to get my Seller's Permit and wonder what kind of artwork people would want to buy at the con. :)

sicdedman
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
i was going to go to Anime Conji this year but when i saw AM2 was going to be a different date than AX this year i put my money towards AM2. perhaps next year Anime Conji. :'(

yuna131422
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
So, I was thinking of doing a cosplay lipdub with different songs at Conji.

Songs of choice are:
Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding
Army of Love by Kerli
Tea Party by Kerli [for the lolitas at the con]
Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
Starstruckk (feat. Katy Perry) by 3OH!3
Stay the Night by Millionaires

Run by songs with me and I will decide if the songs are good enough to create something with.

I would love to actually get this done. It gives us some interaction with each other.

I also posted this in the Conji forum.

stitchez
01-30-2012, 05:07 AM
I can't wait~ I got my first ever AA table (need to kick myself into finishing all my merch, bluh hand sewing!) for Petite Cute Team and got my hotel room booked too. Everything else like roomies giving me their money is slowly falling into place. So excited to stay at the Town and Country instead of the Days Inn like last year. Does anyone know anything about any retainer fee's btw? like the nightly charge that they hold in case you mess something up in the room?

On the cosplay front = Got Sanji done (when the wig comes in that is), Blood Dupre half done (need to make the top hat, tie, blazer and style the wig when it comes in) and Robo Legs Tavros needs ALL of the work otl.
Also got to make my little bro his vest for Luffy and help him find sandals and a hat to work. He's so excited since it's his second ever con~

HidingintheMist
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
A friend and I will be attending for the first time this year(As Madame Red and Ronald Knox from Kuroshitsuji). We may have another with us as well. Anyone have any idea as to when one day badges will be on sale, and what price they're probably going to be?

Thanks in advance.

FancyIndia
01-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I can't wait~ I got my first ever AA table (need to kick myself into finishing all my merch, bluh hand sewing!) for Petite Cute Team and got my hotel room booked too. Everything else like roomies giving me their money is slowly falling into place. So excited to stay at the Town and Country instead of the Days Inn like last year. Does anyone know anything about any retainer fee's btw? like the nightly charge that they hold in case you mess something up in the room?

On the cosplay front = Got Sanji done (when the wig comes in that is), Blood Dupre half done (need to make the top hat, tie, blazer and style the wig when it comes in) and Robo Legs Tavros needs ALL of the work otl.
Also got to make my little bro his vest for Luffy and help him find sandals and a hat to work. He's so excited since it's his second ever con~
It's my first year going to Anime Conji and having an AA table as well! It's pretty exciting :)

Kitsune-sama
02-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Blood Dupre half done (need to make the top hat, tie, blazer and style the wig when it comes in)

D: Oh my god, such conflicting emotions! You make me want to finish Elliot March for Conji, even though I'm not supposed to be finished until October! CURSES!

Mai-Yuki
02-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Hey all!

i'm just wondering if there'll be any south park cosplayers going to conji this year??? o:

ローレン
02-04-2012, 12:04 PM
This will be my first time attending Anime Conji.
Depending on whether there are cosplayers that cosplay from the same series as I do, I might bring:
1.) Mitsunari Ishida (sengoku Basara 3)
2.) Yuuka kazami (touhou)

Hazel Chaz
02-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know anything about any retainer fee's btw? like the nightly charge that they hold in case you mess something up in the room?

Do you mean like a deposit? Usually they just put a hold on your credit card. If you're hoping to pay with a debit card, or cash, you'd better call the hotel and ask them.

dbchan
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
This will be my first year at Conji! Looking forward to it!

Already working on some FF3 costumes for friends and I!

RichAndCreamy
02-08-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm still sad we don't have our own dedicated subforum. Do the admins ever go to cons so I can attempt to pester them? lol

AnimeGamer
02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm curious if there is some set guidelines they follow internally that a con has to achieve to get a subforum.

stitchez
02-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Slight change in cosplay plans. Tavros has been dropped! Not enough time or funds sadly. BUT - I just got my Sanji wig in today. The back is longer than what was in the picture so it needs a bit of a trim but after that and replacing the jackets buttons with gold ones thats done. And Blood's base wig is at the post office. Imma pick it up tomorrow and try and style it this weekend. Still need to make jacket, tie, hat stuff, tie pin and hopefully make my cane which Imma dedicate next weekend too.

Ordering my brother's straw hat tomorrow, gonna work on his vest soon and hes gonna buy some sandals and he's done as well! And i have a friend whos willing to so a shoot for us Sunday, so excited~

It's my first year going to Anime Conji and having an AA table as well! It's pretty exciting :)

I'm all a flutter! Trying to really push myself to make my merch cause school caught me a bit offguard with the work load. I'm hoping to have most my purses done by monday though~ Gosh so excited! and hoping my permit comes in asap, i got the email saying i was approved already so i just need the hard copy... i think? gosh how does this work XD

D: Oh my god, such conflicting emotions! You make me want to finish Elliot March for Conji, even though I'm not supposed to be finished until October! CURSES!
If you did that would be pretty swell~ No pressure though, I know how deadlines can be! And I might be bringing him to ALA if you attend that? HnKnA group~*~*~*

As far as I know atm just myself and my friend will be going as Blood Dupre and Pierce respectively on Friday. Though I heard someone else was wearing Elliot, just not too sure when. Even if you don't finish him say hi to us!!! I'll prolly be in Artist Alley at the Petite Cute Team booth (table 7/8).

I'm still sad we don't have our own dedicated subforum. Do the admins ever go to cons so I can attempt to pester them? lol
I'm curious if there is some set guidelines they follow internally that a con has to achieve to get a subforum.

AM2 got one rather quickly, before their first official con year even (i dont hink many count the one day event the year before as it's first year). Not sure why they haven't granted conji's request :<

stitchez
02-10-2012, 03:50 AM
oops double posted, sorry about that @n@ stupid comp.

FancyIndia
02-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Slight change in cosplay plans. Tavros has been dropped! Not enough time or funds sadly. BUT - I just got my Sanji wig in today. The back is longer than what was in the picture so it needs a bit of a trim but after that and replacing the jackets buttons with gold ones thats done. And Blood's base wig is at the post office. Imma pick it up tomorrow and try and style it this weekend. Still need to make jacket, tie, hat stuff, tie pin and hopefully make my cane which Imma dedicate next weekend too.

Ordering my brother's straw hat tomorrow, gonna work on his vest soon and hes gonna buy some sandals and he's done as well! And i have a friend whos willing to so a shoot for us Sunday, so excited~

I'm all a flutter! Trying to really push myself to make my merch cause school caught me a bit offguard with the work load. I'm hoping to have most my purses done by monday though~ Gosh so excited! and hoping my permit comes in asap, i got the email saying i was approved already so i just need the hard copy... i think? gosh how does this work XD

If you did that would be pretty swell~ No pressure though, I know how deadlines can be! And I might be bringing him to ALA if you attend that? HnKnA group~*~*~*

As far as I know atm just myself and my friend will be going as Blood Dupre and Pierce respectively on Friday. Though I heard someone else was wearing Elliot, just not too sure when. Even if you don't finish him say hi to us!!! I'll prolly be in Artist Alley at the Petite Cute Team booth (table 7/8).

AM2 got one rather quickly, before their first official con year even (i dont hink many count the one day event the year before as it's first year). Not sure why they haven't granted conji's request :<

I hated dealing with school and trying to get ready for cons. It was the worst. Woo hoo for graduating haha
I'm waiting on my Seller's Permit as well >.< I haven't even received an email yet. How long did you have to wait to get your email from when you sent in your application? (If you don't mind me asking)

stitchez
02-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I hated dealing with school and trying to get ready for cons. It was the worst. Woo hoo for graduating haha
I'm waiting on my Seller's Permit as well >.< I haven't even received an email yet. How long did you have to wait to get your email from when you sent in your application? (If you don't mind me asking)

Only my second semester so i got a bit of college to go X'D

Ummm a little less than a week if I recall to get the email? And I just got my papers in today. Turns out it wasn't my wig, it was my permit in the mail X'D

HidingintheMist
02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Ordered my wig for Ronald Knox, just have a few more things to get for him. It's looking like it'll be very likely I'll be attending. C:

zabimaru2468
02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
:D im soooo excited!!! :mfg: this will be my 1st time going to conji (along with my friends) got almost everything ready...just need to finish sewing my friends breffs (Stocking and Panty) cosplay and finish my Mexico (Hetalia) cosplay. ._. though the road trip down there will be a bit unconfortable...but worth it :D lol so what im going to wear for conji is Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden), Female Mexico (Hetalia), and my bear kigurumi

SenSen2006
02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
If anyone is planning on hosting cosplay gatherings, please post them in the Forums at Animeconji.org/forums

AnimeGamer
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow, can't believe it's already March. Conji is only 2 weeks away now...

Reaver
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
yep, barely 2 weeks away now! This is Barrie, I run the artist alley and most of the other exhibits at the convention. So definitely come and visit our exhibit hall this year, it's WAAAAAYYYYYY bigger than last year! ^_^

YunaBlueheart
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Second year going! I'm so excited to go!! To see it a lot bigger too! yay<3
I will be going:
Friday: Riku (kingdom hearts 2)
Saturday: Lightning (Final Fantasy 13)
Sunday: Axel (Kh2)

So excited for this con!!

dotingly
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
third year going to conji! i'm super excited to be going for the third year! i'm not quite sure who i'll be wearing yet, as i'm trying to finish up itsuki (sengoku BASARA) in time for the con, but with the complexity of the outfit i'm not sure if i'll make it!

likewise, i'm excited and can't wait to meet up with old friends!

Rosegoddess3
03-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

Be sure to check out the Friday night Kage no Matsuri dance (a.k.a. "Shadow Festival") at Anime Conji! We're holding a themed costume contest at midnight =)

https://www.facebook.com/events/141008092684927/?ref=ts

Also, you can kick the festivities off early with our Day 0 Dance party: https://www.facebook.com/events/252502051501463/

And Saturday we'll be featuring several DJs from AX at our Cosplay After Party Dance!

Yay!

Hitomi-chan99
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Ok People! I Need An Axel Cosplayer To Be In A Masquerade Skit...I Am Gonna Be Roxas And My Friend Is The Other Character. Its A Funny Skit. Any Takers???

sicdedman
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
was wondering. for those that have attended Anime Conji:
I called the Hotel about Parking Price they said it is $14 a day.
but does Anime Conji have a Special Con Parking Price? such as PMX/ALA does if you attend those con's?

this will be my first year at Anime Conji, looking forward to it!

stitchez
03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
was wondering. for those that have attended Anime Conji:
I called the Hotel about Parking Price they said it is $14 a day.
but does Anime Conji have a Special Con Parking Price? such as PMX/ALA does if you attend those con's?

this will be my first year at Anime Conji, looking forward to it!

When I called a few months back they told me it was 4 a day for parking. Did you mention you were attending the convention?

sicdedman
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
When I called a few months back they told me it was 4 a day for parking. Did you mention you were attending the convention?

Yea, i E-mailed Anime Conji this morning they told me it was $4 for parking.

I mentioned to the hotel that i was attending the Con and they said they know nothing bout the Prices worked out and switched me to another department of the hotel that handles conventions but nobody answered so i hung up.

so yup $4 is what it is!!! I'm happy with that with money the way it is right now. + Gas Prices, i'm driving all 3 days 145 Miles Round trip every day. coming from Wildomar.

Hazel Chaz
03-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I mentioned to the hotel that i was attending the Con and they said they know nothing bout the Prices worked out and switched me to another department of the hotel that handles conventions but nobody answered so i hung up.

That's fairly typical, based on what I've seen at several different hotels. The parking rate is in the contract, and they issue a memo during the actual week saying "charge these people this rate." The reduced parking rate doesn't get tracked in their computers the way the room rate does.

And yeah, the T&C convention rate is very cheap!

El_Duque
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM

so yup $4 is what it is!!! I'm happy with that with money the way it is right now. + Gas Prices, i'm driving all 3 days 145 Miles Round trip every day. coming from Wildomar.

Oh good, I remember it was $8 all day with in-out priviledges last year.

yuna131422
03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome new comers to Conji! I am sure you will have a blast. I am going to be Princess Jasmine this year for Friday and Saturday. Sadly, I will not be able to make it on Sunday because of my work schedule. I love seeing new faces at Conji. :)

SycoTik
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Howdy!!! This will be my 3rd year going, always a blast. :) I would like to know though how updated the gatherings or if they will be included in the mobile application anytime soon?

sicdedman
03-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Howdy!!! This will be my 3rd year going, always a blast. :) I would like to know though how updated the gatherings or if they will be included in the mobile application anytime soon?

from what i see on the (Anime Conji Site) here is what it says:

(ANNOUNCEMENT)
(Please be sure to check here on the website a few days before the con for the finalized cosplay gathering schedule, and we will also have printed schedules available for you in the foyer (where registration is being held).

here is a List of Gathering's & Time's but this was last Updated (January 29th) by the Looks of it :

http://animeconji.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=11623&sid=42af6a610105e9b03c39b2d5786641c3

SycoTik
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Ah cool. Thank ya dude ^_^

darklynx
03-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been around to answer as much stuff lately. Life and con running stuff kind of... ate away at time. But if anyone has any questions I can try to answer, let me know.

For the app, I can try to add the gatherings, but it all depends on my schedule. I'm not sure if the person initially working on it was planning on adding them or not, but I do believe we will have a sign at con that lists them.

RichAndCreamy
03-12-2012, 05:13 AM

Oh hey! You were emailing me :wave:

If you're driving that far why not stay at the con? Find some room mates to make it cheaper?

sicdedman
03-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh hey! You were emailing me :wave:

If you're driving that far why not stay at the con? Find some room mates to make it cheaper?

:Waves: how it going!

Every Con i Attend I Always stay in a Hotel, Believe me i would love to stay at Anime Conji! but right now money is not that good I have the *Would be* Hotel money going in other directions right now, so commute is my cheapest option at the moment. perhaps next year I will stay in the hotel!!

Hcoregamer00
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I will be in Conji as industry, representing Anime Expo and I will also be doing heavy cosplay photography.

See all of you guys on Saturday.

iSaucyCosplay
03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm so excited for this years Anime Conji! This is going to be my 3rd year going. I haven't had time to finish my Tryndamere cosplay so I'll probably just end up doing some cosplay photography with my trusty Canon (:

Can't wait to see everyone ~

sicdedman
03-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Well, looks like Rain (Saturday,Sunday,Monday) High % all 3 days...

All the weekends it has to rain has to be on Anime Conji Weekend.. dang it i wanted to walk all over the place.. but not in the rain DOH'!

I will still enjoy myself though!!!

Access
03-14-2012, 12:06 PM
In case of rain, are there alternate locations for the outdoor activities like the cosplay gatherings? Forecast says a significant chance of rain on Saturday, Sunday.

FancyIndia
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM

I know how you feel (coming from Lake Elsinore, so weird to know someone going from the same area), between gas, and what not, I was getting pretty concerned about parking, too. I actually came on here to ask and I am happy to find an answer. :D Everyone is so on top of it on here.

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about rain >.< Well, better go change my outfits I picked out lol

iSaucyCosplay
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
In response to the concern of rain, most of the venue is covered by roofing except for like the pool, and the tabled area (Where cosplay chess was last year) so walking around shouldn't be too troublesome but the cosplay gatherings will probably have to move if the rain is too heavy...

Station
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Is there a lot to do on Sunday? I've never gone before and was planning to go this year, but I got work and college stuff Fri-Sat.

sicdedman
03-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Is there a lot to do on Sunday? I've never gone before and was planning to go this year, but I got work and college stuff Fri-Sat.

here is the Program Schedule!
http://www.animeconji.org/2012/wp-content/uploads/Anime-Conji-Schedule-v3-03.08.12.pdf

I do have a Question about (AutoGraphs) when are the times and what Guests are going to be Available to Sign the Autographs???
It does not say on the (Grid)

iSaucyCosplay
03-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow and the rest of the weekend! (Couldn't go to Day 0 because of a Track Meet today) I cannot wait to see you guys there! Can probably find me as Itachi all 3 days unless I do something else last minute.

Shii Arisugawa
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM

Station
03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
You should watch one of my performances on Sunday! >=D It's been a while since I last saw you, hehe

Thinking about grabbing the discounted weekend pass for college students and going late Saturday and all day Sunday. Hopefully I'll run into you and some other friends.

El_Duque
03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Day 1 photos (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2799859761221.2118758.1400361314&type=1)

Day 1 on Youtube (http://youtu.be/QqI6NpuKJfw)
Got some photos up already for Day 1. Go ahead and tag yourselves and/or your friends.

Station
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Went yesterday and had quite a bit of fun. Enjoyed the very nostalgic 'Everything Awesome About your Childhood' panel. Met up with some cosplay buddies. Found a couple niche items in the dealers hall that I liked. I actually came in 2nd in the finals at the 'Name that Anime Tune' game, which was very fun.

I saw you during the half-time performance last night, Shii. I had no idea you were talking about something like that. That was well done!

Hcoregamer00
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I went to Anime Conji on Saturday, here is my photo album. Feel free to tag yourself in Facebook or send me a PM if you want larger pictures of the photos I took of you.

Anime Conji 2012 Saturday Pics (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.916339042202.2237626.15110552&type=3&l=d270fda979)

I would have taken many many more pictures if it didn't rain so much on Saturday.

ChuPata
03-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Masquerade halftime show vids!

Idolm@ster Cosplay - Angel Hearts at Anime Conji 2012 (1/2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS_P01wWfQ&list=PL9580D89A9B59F8EE&index=1&feature=plpp_video)
Idolm@ster Cosplay - Angel Hearts at Anime Conji 2012 (2/2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzdzwB6pDE&feature=bf_next&list=PL9580D89A9B59F8EE&lf=plpp_video)

TBZK
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
If anyone got a picture of a Snow and a Serah together let me know because it'se most likely me and my friend! Thank you!

darklynx
03-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Was great seeing you all, now I must rest. A lot.

Wobniar
03-18-2012, 11:38 PM
I was Chopper from One Piece on Saturday... if anyone got any pics they could show that'd be great! Thanks

kthardin
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
I've got the gallery of pics I took up here at TFA Cosplay (http://www.tenchifanart.com/tfa_cosplay/v/Anime_Conji_2012). If you see your picture and you want an unedited, larger, and/or raw version of your pic, email me and let me know. Have fun!

Anrui Ukimi
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM
A bit cosplay unrelated, but if anyone knows anyone who might have *mysteriously* acquired the official Japanese CD & DVD from the Gintama Best OST with no case after Saturday's Swap Meet, feel free to let me know. Because they didn't even have the guts to steal the whole limited edition case with insert booklet and mini foldout posters, which I now have minus the CDs. >:|

Ryoko-and-Yami
03-19-2012, 04:26 AM
A bit cosplay unrelated, but if anyone knows anyone who might have *mysteriously* acquired the official Japanese CD & DVD from the Gintama Best OST with no case after Saturday's Swap Meet, feel free to let me know. Because they didn't even have the guts to steal the whole limited edition case with insert booklet and mini foldout posters, which I now have minus the CDs. >:|

Oh noo! D: That sucks!

BTW, thank you for bringing such nice YYH things for swap meet. : ) It's so hard to find anything of my favorite series.

RichAndCreamy
03-19-2012, 04:38 AM
If anyone got a picture of a Snow and a Serah together let me know because it'se most likely me and my friend! Thank you!

I tried tagging you in Mike Rollerson's photo but you were already tagged! Approve it already! lol

TBZK
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I tried tagging you in Mike Rollerson's photo but you were already tagged! Approve it already! lol

He's the one who had to approve it NYEH :P! He did it though hahaha.

TBZK
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I've got the gallery of pics I took up here at TFA Cosplay (http://www.tenchifanart.com/tfa_cosplay/v/Anime_Conji_2012). If you see your picture and you want an unedited, larger, and/or raw version of your pic, email me and let me know. Have fun!

AAAAH YOU HAVE OUR PICTURE <3!!!!!! Thank you for posting~~~

AnimeGamer
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm lagging right now on photos and videos. I'll get around to it. I have emails to send out, and emails to (hopefully) receive.

I'll see if I can nudge people to nudge people about getting a Anime Conji board on coscom for next year.

Yainawai
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
If anyone has pics of Spike and Rarity from My Little Pony on Saturday, could you post a link? I don't own a camera, so I need to find pics of my cosplay from other people. I was the Rarity all in white with the 3D diamond gem cutie marks. I was also Pinkie Pie on Sunday with the bubble gun party canon, with Roy Mustang. Thank you so much! This was a great convention!

DreamyDemon
03-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Does anyone have video of the Masquerade?

Anrui Ukimi
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh noo! D: That sucks!

BTW, thank you for bringing such nice YYH things for swap meet. : ) It's so hard to find anything of my favorite series.

Yeah, well, it's a risk of having that many people around that I couldn't always watch. :/

No problem! I'm glad you were able to find something you liked. <3

Mike Rollerson
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
My photos are up @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3579666896793.169975.1426787518&type=1 - plese tag yourself or friends if you know any of the cosplayers.

More coming over the next couple days!

Ryoko-and-Yami
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
My photos are up @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3579666896793.169975.1426787518&type=1 - plese tag yourself or friends if you know any of the cosplayers.

The page isn't working for me.

Hcoregamer00
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM

I don't know how you do it, but your pictures are so amazing.

:D

Mike Rollerson
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks Kris!

If the facebook link doesn't work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikerollerson/sets/72157629602512527/

Shii Arisugawa
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM

Hitomi-chan99
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Who Got The Pixs From The KH Gathering? Was The Only Roxas!

Hcoregamer00
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Ohh I didn't know you watched the masquerade, thanks so much! =D I was pretty exhausted once we were done, holy crap haha

Thanks to everyone else who came to our shows~ our first show on Saturday got cancelled due to the weather (wet stage = not good!! eek), and the last shows on Sunday started late as it took a while to get set up. Major props to the Anime Conji staff for being super accommodating, this was the most fun I've had at a con in a long time, and I hope we get invited to perform again next year! We'll aim to get our full group down here too! =D

I got some awesome shots of your team during the masquerade show.

It takes about 1/4th of my Saturday Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.916339042202.2237626.15110552&type=3&l=d270fda979).

AnimeGamer
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Ugh, uploading pictures today has been horrid. I'll eventually get them all up on Photobucket eventually - but it's been slow going dealing with Flash and Javascript errors.

I'm also working on all the video I've taken over the weekend. Day Zero Dance, Anime Last Comic Standing (somewhat, due to camera overheating issues), the impromptu Vocaloid Dance contest, some of Cosplay Chess, and a very impromptu dance video shoot thrown together in 12 minutes right before the sunday Feedback panel. I'm probably only 7% done with all the video editing I have to do - so I guess I better get on it.

EDIT - All my photos are finally up (even the trash throw away ones. >_> ). You can find them here or in my sig:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/Anime%20Conji%202012/

If anyone wants originals, please drop me a tweet on twitter. I also started doing RAW format on Saturday on the advice of fellow photographers - so I'm willing to send those out too.

Rerouch
03-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Okay, I'm finally just about done posting all the photos I took on Day 2. All that's left are the mini shoots I did for the Digimon cosplayers, Kuro, and some anime with a Penguin #3. xv x
Go ahead and tag yourself
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.382469501778351.92993.365318060160162&type=1

darthnini
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I wish I knew this thread existed before the con! Here's a link to my Anime Conji pics (http://www.flickr.com/photos/78111059@N02/sets/72157629616853781/), feel free to take/tag if it's one of you. BTW I'm not a good photographer. FYI.

DefectiveNaruto
03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you would be willing to be on our podcast to talk about your experience at anime conji this past weekend? I am the co head honcho over at missionstartpodcast.com and we just started a new podcast called the Conover. Normally we talk to our own staff that went to a convention to talk about it, but I am opening it up to everyone for this next episode to talk about anime conji. if your interested, make sure you have skype and a mic, and send me a pm on here or email me at anthonybeanes@missionstartpodcast.com

and yes i am real this is not a bot haha. but anyways hope to hear from someone soon!

Kaitsu-Ralia
03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone had any pictures or videos of the flashmob group that performed on Saturday at Conji around 2pm in the convention center lobby. I'm part of that group (I was like a gothic maid that day) and we're all searching for any and all videos and pictures. Thanks~

AnimeGamer
03-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Most of my video footage from Anime Conji is now up on YouTube. I just shuffled my videos into a convenient playlist located here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL07C629FA385D5060

I still have yet to upload any of my footage from Anime Last Comic Standing, but the footage toward the end wasn't good anyway (my camera was overheating). I think eventually a full length video of it is going to go up, like what happened last year. Anyway, I'll get my own footage from it up on YouTube soon.

Oh yea - I wanted to film the K-Pop flash mob, but I didn't know where it was going to happen so I missed it. :(

faerieharp
03-23-2012, 03:03 AM
Does anyone have pictures from the Lolita Fashion Party?

ReverseTrap
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Anyone have pics of me? I only recall people taking pictures for my Jet Set Radio cosplay on Friday.

dbchan
03-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Here's my gallery from Conji!

Lots of Kingdom hearts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sailorsiren/sets/72157629259239886/

Access
04-03-2012, 09:08 AM
video playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxv4fno5-nk&list=PL2C95C70C1435E159
day 1: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/226740/
High School of the Dead: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/226884/
day 2: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/227115/
masquerade (complete): http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/227218/
day 3: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/227287/
If you want me to post a photo here with better resolution, just pm me and I can post them on dA or somewhere else.

RichAndCreamy
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I started a 2013 thread! go go go! http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=295307