PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool Mask - can't see out of it

ILikeNinjas
07-30-2011, 09:42 PM
This may sound bizarre, but I am having trouble seeing out of my Deadpool mask. I've tried stretching thin, white, stretchy material across the eyeholes, but it's like seeing through a thick fog.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how did you remedy it?

Aer
08-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Its gonna be that way. For my Taokaka I am basically looking out of black spandex. Its not terribly bad, but I always have a helper in the costume. If you want to make it a bit easier, however, what I did was heat a needle and poke little holes around the area my eyes are in the spandex. This melts tiny holes that don't seem like they would do much, but they help! You can't notice them unless I point them out and you are looking specifically for them.

sociologies
08-08-2011, 12:26 AM
What material are you using over the eyes?
I wouldn't recommend using lycra or anything scratchy for the whites. Your best bets are white gauze (what I use for the exact same character - visibility is fine, to me. I haven't worn it since I got contacts, so I imagine I will be able to see detail even better through it), fine mesh, and if you're okay with a more Spidey-esque look, plastic white lenses.
Still, there'll still be a degree of fogginess as compared to not having any material over your eyes. If you realllllly can't tolerate having fabric over/near your eyes, I'd just cut the fabric out of the equation and use white contact lenses (or sclera lenses, if you only plan on wearing the costume for a few hours) and white makeup around the eyes.

Good luck with your costume!

vegsrus
01-17-2012, 05:06 PM
I have the same problem! here is the trick i did...looks kinda ghetto but i fixed it for the pictures i took... When i was walking around i noticed i could see out of the black eye part of my suit way better so i kinda had the mask "off centered" to my face and i walked around " in charachter" by moving my head in different ways so that the lop sidedness of my mask wasnt really noticeable...when it was time for pics...i quickly straightned the mask...

stonesour_17
02-28-2012, 10:05 AM
For my Deadpool I found this works and doesn't look too bad. I take white pantyhose and cut off a foot, I then stretch that foot over my head to about my nose so I can still breathe, I then put my mask on top of that with the eyeholes cut out so the white is beneath the mask, that way no matter where the mask moves the white stays in place!