PDA

View Full Version : so...um...who won?

Lyn
11-24-2003, 03:09 PM
I unfortunantly had to leave the Cosplay early (as quite a few of you know already) since I got really sick all of a sudden. So, I didn't get to see who won and I was wondering if anyone knew who won what since the site hasn't said anything and I'm impatient. Did they announce the Hall Costume winners as well? If so, anyone by any chance remember the winners of that at all?

Notorious C.U.Z
11-24-2003, 04:33 PM
I unfortunantly had to leave the Cosplay early (as quite a few of you know already) since I got really sick all of a sudden. So, I didn't get to see who won and I was wondering if anyone knew who won what since the site hasn't said anything and I'm impatient. Did they announce the Hall Costume winners as well? If so, anyone by any chance remember the winners of that at all?

I remember! Umm, the Hall Contest winner for Friday was Corey (the Jinn from the Cosplay Skits) as MegaMan's Zero, I think the winner from Saturday wasn't there when they announced the results... The winners of the walk-ons was the Saint Seiya cosplayer (for Overall), the Suikoden 2 cosplayer (for pro category), the Kaneda cosplayer (for novice) and there were some other special awards and Honorable mentions as well that I can't quite remember all of them (the one I can recall was the Knight from RO cosplayer got two awards)... The skits: Novice category was the Dark Ky cosplayer doing the "Interpretive Dance" thing (for Novice), "It Doesn't Sound Right In English" with Kagome and Sango (for Journeyman) and "A Day In The Life of The Bandit King" with Jinn (for overall).

... hope I got all those right! ^^;;

Lyn
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Thank you! ^^ The knight from RO was arisu-chan, so I'm very glad to hear she got some awards. It was an awesome costume.

I think the winner from Saturday wasn't there when they announced the results...

Do you remember anything about the entry's number or the name? Was it by any chance number 13?

Rosiel
11-24-2003, 04:42 PM
What I remember... @_@ which might not be accurate since I was dead tired.

Youth Award: a Naruto character. (Edit: boy referred to the character being male btw but I removed it since it caused confusion. ^_^)

Best craftsmanship: the Ronin Warrior.
Best Advanced: myself.
Best Novice: the guy with the big gun.

Best presentation: Inuyasha people.
Best Advanced: Rogue and Flexei.
Best Novice: black ky.

Best of show: kid with the stuffed crow

Judge's awards: Myoubi, Arisuchan, kid with the stuffed crow.

Best hall for Friday: Some Megaman cosplay.
Best hall for Saturday: Rogue and Flexei

Mirror
11-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey I just wanted to point out that the winner for Youth wasn't a boy she was (and is ^_~) a girl

Lyn
11-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Slightly confused here. Notorious C.U.Z, you said that the winner for Sat wasn't there? So, I'm guessing if thats true, then they gave the award to Rogue and Flexei instead 'cause they were there? Or did they get it originally and you just got your info wrong? Did they announce 2nd place winners for that or just first place?

Eh, kinda need to know since it's slightly important. I'll probably e-mail the staff if no one remembers though.

Zephyr Rhapsody
11-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Cody, cosplay's youngest pimp, won Best of Show and a judge's award for his Jing costume. Ahem, the hall costume he also won (his third) was his... NOT a person named Corey.

- Corey (the non-cosplayer at AUSA '03)

ki kuru kitty
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes, t'was exciting and unexpected that I won best in Novice. ^_^ I am truly honored to have won another award and by that celebration I bought a cool leather jacket with Spike painted on the back with the coupon.

Oburi_Shima
11-25-2003, 04:49 PM
I didn't win but I shoulda won something for walkin around half the con with a burger king crown on my head...I'm a sad clown...

Flexei
11-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Slightly confused here. Notorious C.U.Z, you said that the winner for Sat wasn't there? So, I'm guessing if thats true, then they gave the award to Rogue and Flexei instead 'cause they were there? Or did they get it originally and you just got your info wrong? Did they announce 2nd place winners for that or just first place?

Eh, kinda need to know since it's slightly important. I'll probably e-mail the staff if no one remembers though.

They just had their information wrong. It was the 3rd and 2nd place Friday hall costume winners that weren't there. All of the saturday hall costume winners were there. 3rd was a girl in a white chi outfit, 2nd was this girl: http://rogueandflexei.com:8900/cosplay/animeusa03/animeusa_10.jpg , and 1st was Rogue and me in our Jam & Axl-low costumes.

Lyn
11-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Flexei - Ah, thank you for clearing that up. ^_^ And congratulations on the rewards you two got. Your costumes were really awesome.

Oshi
11-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Cody, cosplay's youngest pimpCouldn't have put it better myself. Heh.

AngelWings
11-29-2003, 05:15 PM
I didn't cosplay this Convention, but I did win best singer for the Karaoke Friday night ^^. I was dressed in a custom JRock costume for most of Saturday.

aku
11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
I didn't cosplay this Convention, but I did win best singer for the Karaoke Friday night ^^. I was dressed in a custom JRock costume for most of Saturday.

I won for being the most passionate. :B

AngelWings
11-30-2003, 05:35 PM
I won for being the most passionate. :B

I 'member you ^^.