PDA

View Full Version : my outfit

Reno_kun
11-24-2003, 02:14 PM
i was trying to pull of kusanagi from blueseed and i want othe peoples oppions to this picture keep in mind i had little to no money to cosplay thanks.

Karasu
11-25-2003, 12:19 AM
-You need the four green eyebrows. (yes, he has four.)
-Needs the black dot in the middle of your forhead.
-Roll your sleeves up to your elbows.
-If you want people to recongize you, take off the black gloves and draw the blue seeds (katamas?) on your hands. I know you don't have a lot of money, but you can draw them on with a marker or body paint of some kind.
-I think he wears brown-ish loafer shoes. Changing the shoes is an option. I was just pointing it out because I'm picky.

KusanIvy
11-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah! Another Kusanagi! I'm so happy when I find other Blue Seed cosplayers!

First of all the costume is very good. The coat is great - perfect length and the perfect colour. As Karasu said all you have to do is roll the sleeves up (and take off your watch ;) )

As for make-up, again as Karasu said you need the four eyebrows and the dot in the middle of the forehead.

I got a pair of fake eyebrows from a costume shop and dyed them green but if you're strapped for cash you could always 'paint' them on using a bit of your green hair dye (assuming of course that you used one of those coloured gels that comes out in one wash).
The 'dot' can simply be applied using a plain black eyeliner pencil.

Adding the mitamas is up to you. I can't see the back of your gloves but if you can see a lot of the back of your hand then I would add the mitamas. I made mine out of blue clay and stuck them on with spirit gum but drawing them on would work as well.

Kusanagi wears grey pants (not black) and a black shirt with a collar. With the front fo the shirt open there's room to draw the chest mitamas too. He also wears his shirt tucked in. And if you can find a belt that would be great too.

And then there are the dreaded loafers. I hate loafers so I made claws instead. :D But loafers would be the less time-consuming, and perhaps cheaper, way to go (although I don't think the claws cost me more than $5 to make).

Now most of that was just nitpicking by an overly obsessive Seedling. If you get recognized by most fans it's going to be for a) the coat (which is great), b) the green hair (but do add the eyebrows!) and c) the gloves and blue seeds.

But still - great costume!!

Hotaru's Sister
11-28-2003, 04:33 PM
*nods to everything KusanIvy said*

Lil_Sexy_Yuna
12-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi all! I want to know how much you think my Diana costume is worth? I know the hair sux! http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/jacon2003/28/image/j2003-1683.jpg That is me at Jaocn 2003!