PDA

View Full Version : Allen Walker 3rd Uniform cosplay

Torra-chan
08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi all,
I am looking to cosplay as Allen Walker in his third uniform, but sadly I fail miserably at sewing / the sewing machine available to me breaks all the time.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good commissioners who have done D. Gray-Man cosplays in the past. Or any good websites that you have bought D. Gray-Man cosplays from.

(For commissioners I really just need the jacket and it's accessories and I would like to keep it under $100)

Kratos99
10-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Hi all,
I am looking to cosplay as Allen Walker in his third uniform, but sadly I fail miserably at sewing / the sewing machine available to me breaks all the time.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good commissioners who have done D. Gray-Man cosplays in the past. Or any good websites that you have bought D. Gray-Man cosplays from.

(For commissioners I really just need the jacket and it's accessories and I would like to keep it under $100)

Sorry for the two month late reply to this, hopefully you still need a cosplay. Or better yet you found one or made one that you like.
http://dream-cosplay.ecrater.com/p/8332913/d-gray-man-cosplay-costume-allen#
I was in the same situation as you, but I ended up buying mine. ^
Basically message the person and tell them your measurements. And measure as much as you can.
My only problems with them were;
- The pouch doesn't open. But you could sew on a zipper and use that...
- The buttons aren't as they appear. I was pretty upset with this. But they aren't awful by any means.
- The gloves will need to be replaced. They are horrible. ;X

Mehdia
10-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Torra-chan actually ended up commissioning me for the jacket. I just have to resin cast the buttons and it will be sent off. I've gotta find a day when I'm not working and busy so I can finish those damned buttons...they have taunted me like crazy since it's all I have left to do on her jacket. If anyone is interested in the progress, there are some shots in this gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/173629/ though I don't have any shots since I got the patch in (ordered that from cosplayhouse since my embroiderer hadn't gotten back to me for the patch) or made the cross bar. I've made everything you see on that jacket from the jacket itself to the zipper "pocket" (I put it in quotations because it doesn't open) to the beaded chains to the pouch, which actually does function as a pouch and opens up. I will also be casting the buttons like I said so they are the exorcist uniform buttons.

Just a little note, if anyone else ever wants one of these on commission, just PM me and I will see if we can work together^^