PDA

View Full Version : Luna wig help!

danceswithkoala
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm working on a Luna costume but I'm having a bit of trouble with the wig. The one I already have is just too unwieldy to wear for a long stretch of time, so I went looking and I've found one that's pretty much perfect except that it has a fringe.

I don't have much experience with wigs, so I think trying to remove the fringe would be a disaster waiting to happen, so what do I do? Do I get the one that's basically spot-on in every other way and just claim artistic licence with the fringe? Or do I pass and keep looking? I'm not in a particular hurry - I don't actually need the costume until next year - but I don't want to set my sights too high and miss out, y'know?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations?

StrawberrySiren
08-03-2011, 11:09 AM
What's your budget? Because I know of a wig that's pretty much exactly like Evanna Lynch's hair but it's $40. It has bangs but they look like they're very long and touch the bottom of the chin so they blend in with the rest of the wig anyway.

danceswithkoala
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
It would take me a couple of weeks to save for it but $40 is definitely doable. I'm based in the UK though so it would have to be able to be shipped here (should have mentioned that before...and obviously I'm willing to amp up on the shipping costs to reflect that).

StrawberrySiren
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Well it's from a US based company so according to their site, priority shipping would be around $20.

http://kingdom-arts.org/Luthien.html
A good color for this wig would be platinum blond.

danceswithkoala
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Oh that looks perfect! Thanks for the link.

patriciarakel
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Personally, I think fringe on characters like that is perfectly acceptable. Not too many people particularly care if you perfectly match the movie version of a character when it's based on a book. Most people will take an excuse like, "I just always imagined her with fringe." Done. No argument. I cosplay Ginny and I used a slightly wavy wig, pulled it into pigtails, pined the fringe back and put a black headband on top. Artistic License. Someone actually told me they liked my version better than the movie. No one would beseech you for a little thing like that. Or, at least, they SHOULDN'T, if they're normal, reasonable people.