PDA

View Full Version : Pottermore

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Who's in? Who doesn't feel like staying up? What really cheesy username did you get?

My boyfriend helped his little sister and me get in on day 3 XP He's so nice :'D

RoseHanabira
08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm in.

Today's registration is closed now, but I actually was able to get it at around 10:30-ish this morning. They know that there are lots of Harry Potter fans around the world so they are changing the time that the window is open every day, which is good.

Vavo Natsumi
08-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm in! Day 4; I couldn't stay up that late for the other days, but today's time was quite nice. I'm MarauderCat104, which I really don't mind since I love (most) of the Marauders, and I've been told I'm quite Cat like.

StrawberrySiren
08-03-2011, 12:17 PM
I can't get in because I keep falling asleep. -__-

Anyway, who else is having problems getting the emails? I've been blindly checking the site for clues. According to her twitter, Evanna Lynch is having the same problem.

Gabbyv23
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Got in on the second day.
Username is SilverMist143... but I've seen worst.

ToroSonyCat
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I got in!
My username is RoseWalnut8.

I chose that one because it reminded me of Rose from Homestuck and had the least numbers on it XD I think it's pretty decent.

ThakYuki
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
I got in on the first day. I'm WillowSand42. I didn't get my registration email immediately, but since it was 4 in the morning, I just went to sleep and it was in my inbox when I got up at 10.

HidingintheMist
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I got in Day 2 after falling asleep on Day 1. WillowMoon44. It had the least amount of numbers, and didn't sound terribly ridiculous

FallofIcarus
08-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm in! I'm so excited. I got Pumpkinstar157 ^^

Eleksin
08-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Got in on the second day since I forgot about it the first day. All of the name I got were really stupid sounding, but I'm YewCastle174. I wish I got something better. :/

Stina006
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
you know, you could have changed it after registration for beta is closed. i think...>_> someone told me you could choose differently later on BEFORE you get sorted. but they might be full of it.
i'm happy with my name. Got in Day2. at 4-5 i think...i heard it was pretty easy yesterday. -how many Champions times 49 or something.

Vavo Natsumi
08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
i heard it was pretty easy yesterday. -how many Champions times 49 or something.

That was today's question, The number of Triwizard Champions multiplied by 28.

What was the question on your day everyone?

Stina006
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
That was today's question, The number of Triwizard Champions multiplied by 28.

What was the question on your day everyone?

ah yesterday, today, same thing XD
mine was....multiply the total score of Griffindor vs Slytherin in Harry's 3rd year by 48 or something.

IAmShorty
08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
I got in ont he first day! Im BatNettle67.....It was the least stupid sounding one of the bunch =/

Eleksin
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Mine was what chapter was the quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor canceled times 49.

Chamber of Secrets, despite being my favorite book, is the only one I don't own. I had to go to the HP wiki to look it up.

Alyxiane
08-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Mine was what chapter was the quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor canceled times 49.

Chamber of Secrets, despite being my favorite book, is the only one I don't own. I had to go to the HP wiki to look it up.

I thought it was 42 you had to multiply it by. o_O But I got the same question nevertheless. :P

I'm HeartSpirit182. ... It's cute despite the cheesiness it contains to some. ; w ;

Chaletica
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Got in today! I'm FrogPhoenix4.... it was the one with the least numbers. Was lucky that I had Order of the Phoenix randomly in my shelf...

Still waiting for my mail, though.

Kuchikichan
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Just got in! I was sad I couldn't pick my own username but I'm FelicisPotion196. Felix Felicis is "liquid luck", or a potion that brings you luck so I'm pretty cool with it.

Anima-Mort
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
How did I just find out about this. I'm so ASHAMED.
Registrations for Day 5 have been closed, but tomorrow being Half-Blood Prince, I have an staggering abundance of confidence in myself! :'D

...I'm not sure how much I'm kidding when I say I have a pool of self-esteem reserved for the sole application of egging myself on in the event of any hypothetical Harry Potter-trivia-situations becoming a reality.

RoseHanabira
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Am I the only one who finds some sort of amusement in having an ultra-cheesy username that only a preteen could come up with? I get to feel like I'm 12 all over again, and I'm loving it.

Alyxiane
08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Am I the only one who finds some sort of amusement in having an ultra-cheesy username that only a preteen could come up with? I get to feel like I'm 12 all over again, and I'm loving it.

I'm loving it too. I mean it's HeartSpirit182 of all things for me. So cheesy and kiddish and legitimately something I would've come up with myself when I was 9.

RoseHanabira
08-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm loving it too. I mean it's HeartSpirit182 of all things for me. So cheesy and kiddish and legitimately something I would've come up with myself when I was 9.

Haha, yours is quite similar to mine actually, I have something other than "Spirit" and the number it tacked on the end is a palindrome number. I purposely picked that one out of the list because it honestly was something I could have made when I was younger.

Vavo Natsumi
08-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Pottermore final clue is out! Hurry before it's too late, if you're not registered already!

ShadowDrac
08-05-2011, 08:53 PM
ThestralRain206. Because it has THESTRAL, curse it. I love those things so much...

Oh goodness. One more site for me to lurk on. T_T I really don't have time... must go back to work... failing... must make this site for non-profit.... -dies in the attempt to leave-

Chimera~Moon
08-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Got 2~ FelicisWolf-enterrandomnumbershere- and Mistauror196 got them on day 1 and 3 xD

Eleksin
08-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Well good job to everyone who got in. Hopefully the experience will be as exciting as it is hyped up to be.

I now check my email everyday for that welcome letter.

MeiChama
08-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Username is ChestnutHowl114 and I got in on the very first day. I was surprised too. XD

Curucar
08-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I actually remembered today, because some twitter friends were guffaw'ing over the answer being 420. None of us do drugs, but being Coloradoans (where the stuff is legal-ish) it provides a stupid laugh.

I think the naming system picked up on my crazy cat lady tendancies. I'm RainCat160.

sam vimes
08-05-2011, 10:59 PM
You have to register? Piss on that noise from a great height.

Stina006
08-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome letter will come sometime after Beta register is done.
i'm still curious how this whole thing is gonna work- usernames and all...will we see each other...play minigames together? have a little virtual character or something.....??

StrawberrySiren
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Finally got in. BladeChaser175

Alyxiane
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
i'm still curious how this whole thing is gonna work- usernames and all...will we see each other...play minigames together? have a little virtual character or something.....??

My wishful thinking wants an semi-elaborate customization should we get a virtual character. (I'm a dressup game nut.)

Eleksin
08-06-2011, 12:48 AM
I'll play minigames with you Stina! I wish it has stuff like that!

My wishful thinking wants an semi-elaborate customization should we get a virtual character. (I'm a dressup game nut.)

Oh man, this SO MUCH.

ThakYuki
08-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I wonder how this Pottermore thing will work. I hope it's not just some regular old forum. That'd be lame and not worth it. :/

Stina006
08-06-2011, 01:52 AM
I wonder how this Pottermore thing will work. I hope it's not just some regular old forum. That'd be lame and not worth it. :/

if it were just a regular forum i doubt people would be going so crazy for it XD
and OMG i LOVE dressup games XD like, we put on our clothes for Hogsmeade, or we buy quidditch team T's...or house-specific clothing....or witches hats and capes and such...who knows!?

lol Elksin look me up when you can XD
or...however it's gonna work ><

Alyxiane
08-06-2011, 02:34 AM
if it were just a regular forum i doubt people would be going so crazy for it XD
and OMG i LOVE dressup games XD like, we put on our clothes for Hogsmeade, or we buy quidditch team T's...or house-specific clothing....or witches hats and capes and such...who knows!?

lol Elksin look me up when you can XD
or...however it's gonna work ><

Must not get hopes any higher. Must not get hopes any higher. ... Eh, it's failing.
So far I only have one request above all else: When it gets to the sorting hat, Ravenclaw please. (o ^ o );

Gabbyv23
08-06-2011, 03:17 AM
I wanna get Slytherin but I bet I'll be ravenclaw :<

Annwel
08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
HollyBludger162 and I'm also PhoenixHazel11. Two. :P

I didn't make the second one because I was trying to be greedy or anything but the first account I made was with a Yahoo! email account and later I heard that there was trouble with Yahoo! receiving emails from Pottermore so I panicked and made the second one with my Gmail account. The main reason I panicked was that I basically learned that Yahoo! would receive the emails slowlier and that in a certain amount of time, activation for accounts expire. Yeah.

I'm going to give one of the accounts to my friend, though, after I can actually access the account and change its information (password, email, etc.). But honestly, I actually do feel pretty bad about it whether you wanna believe me or not.

RoseHanabira
08-06-2011, 09:50 AM

Ohmigod this. Customizable EVERYTHING, please.

Number15
08-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't like the fact that it seems to choose a username for you. That's kinda dumb. I want to join, but I didn't bother fighting for early access.

Hope it's worth it for those who went the extra mile!

Annwel
08-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't like the fact that it seems to choose a username for you. That's kinda dumb. I want to join, but I didn't bother fighting for early access.

Hope it's worth it for those who went the extra mile!

The reason why people can't make their own username is due to privacy reasons. :B

Kuriin
08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
and because screening usernames is apparently too much work

I got in yesterday morning, EchoDragon18~ not that bad of a name XD -waits in anticipation of welcome email-

ThakYuki
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Anybody got a welcome email yet? I've been waiting all week in hopes of getting one.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I've got such a cheesey name, PumpkinSeeker...some #s.

And I hope I get into Ravenclaw! >3<

Andand I also hope it does have the dress up character thing cause I love doing that kinda stuff.

OR...Make a Harry Potter MMORPG. Beecauuseee, that'd be awesome.

Stina006
08-06-2011, 11:56 PM
well registration has to close until october.
after that it says, wait a few weeks for your welcome letter...
""You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can’t let everyone into the Beta site at the same time.""

Eleksin
08-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Well I got in on the second day so hopefully mine comes in soon. I want to be in either Gryffindor or Slytherin. I really like both of the houses and I feel like I'm one of the few people that do.

StrawberrySiren
08-07-2011, 02:29 AM
I really hope I get into Ravenclaw. My grades aren't stellar but I do like learning and I love reading up on stuff. But my school colors are Hufflepuff so I'd settle for that.

JiseiHakushaku
08-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Oh, yay, more people on Pottermore!

I got in on the last day. My username is ErisedFeather26. ;D

Alyxiane
08-07-2011, 05:01 AM
I really hope I get into Ravenclaw. My grades aren't stellar but I do like learning and I love reading up on stuff. But my school colors are Hufflepuff so I'd settle for that.

Other than having Hufflepuff colors the same as my school, I'm quite the same. XD While I can show that I'm very intelligent and have overachieving qualities, I am very lazy and unmotivated most of the time which leads to my grades being all over the place. (It's the whole alphabet on my last report card!)

So in essence I like learning just for the sake of learning not for a grade. I like to challenge my brain with puzzles and read nonfiction books and have a preference on watching educated-related shows as opposed to Jersey Shore and the like. :P

ThakYuki
08-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Other than having Hufflepuff colors the same as my school, I'm quite the same. XD While I can show that I'm very intelligent and have overachieving qualities, I am very lazy and unmotivated most of the time which leads to my grades being all over the place. (It's the whole alphabet on my last report card!)

So in essence I like learning just for the sake of learning not for a grade. I like to challenge my brain with puzzles and read nonfiction books and have a preference on watching educated-related shows as opposed to Jersey Shore and the like. :P

Lol, I'm exactly the same. I'm too lazy to do all the necessary work for A's in all my classes, but I still do well in them (I try to get no C's as I'm in college). Lol I'll bet my old roommate wondered if I was going to drop out as I sat and played World of Warcraft most of the time.

I still have always loved Ravenclaw and must be in it. It better not be lame like this ooooold Harry Potter site that automatically sorted you in Gryffindor, no matter what your answers were on the survey.

xiaohimecece
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I signed up on the first day within 10 mins when the first clue came out. ;A; I'm desperately waiting for my welcome letter to come. The whole sorting thing is like an identity crisis to me though. XD I only want to be in Gryffindor, but I well know that my personality would put me into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. There's probably no way I'll get into Slytherin.

Stina006
08-08-2011, 12:48 AM
I signed up on the first day within 10 mins when the first clue came out. ;A; I'm desperately waiting for my welcome letter to come. The whole sorting thing is like an identity crisis to me though. XD I only want to be in Gryffindor, but I well know that my personality would put me into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. There's probably no way I'll get into Slytherin.

Slytherin's are cunning and ambitious.
Griffindor's are super brave and chivalrous.
Ravenclaw's are witty, intelligent, creative, and carry alot of wisdom
Hufflepuffs are insanely loyal and hard working.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Does anyone remember back when the first two HP movies came out, how AWESOME the Harry Potter website was?

There was the Wand Shop which would tell you what wand is right for you.
The Sorting Hat where you answered a series of questions and it sorted you into the right house.
Creating your pet (I think it was out of a cat, owl and rat) to bring along your Hogwarts Journey.

Those were the days!

DireKitty
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Pottermore....?

xiaohimecece
08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Does anyone remember back when the first two HP movies came out, how AWESOME the Harry Potter website was?

The Sorting Hat where you answered a series of questions and it sorted you into the right house.
Creating your pet (I think it was out of a cat, owl and rat) to bring along your Hogwarts Journey.

Those were the days!

Omg yes~!! That official website where you can play games and get sorted. I thought I was the only one who remembers that.

Alyxiane
08-09-2011, 03:56 AM

Those were the days!

GOOD GOD I REMEMBERED THAT SITE.

I was extremely picky about how "pretty" my wand should be and kind of rigged the quiz thing so I would get into Gryffindor. >.>
I remembered testing out a spell that would stop a snake from attacking that happened to appear in the common room and was given the assignment on raising my own mandrake. Though I keep forgetting to feed it and it kept dying on me. (; ~ ; )

roxas-rei
08-09-2011, 04:06 AM
I got in on the 2nd day, I was so excited!!! :D I was lucky, as I went onto the site at the perfect time. I didn't end up having to stay up all night.

StrawberrySiren
08-09-2011, 04:17 AM

Finally! Someone who gets me hahaha.

Alyxiane
08-09-2011, 04:35 AM
I got in on the 2nd day, I was so excited!!! :D I was lucky, as I went onto the site at the perfect time. I didn't end up having to stay up all night.

I was in the Philippines during the first four days and it was only about 3 in the afternoon there when I got in. The time difference was by my side. hurr hurr :B

RoseHanabira
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Personally, I'm going to use this as a chance to determine once and for all what house I fall into. Seriously, every quiz I've found, even the really in-depth ones, give me 50/50 Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. What better way to get it settled "once and for all" than with an official thingy like Pottermore, I ask?

jaguarlineman
08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Is it bad that I kind of want to get into Slytherin? Haha. I agree with the fact that the sorting will be the last word on which house I am in. Does anyone have any idea when Pottermore will open up?

Flora88
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
So...will it ALWAYS choose a username for you? I mean...I like to have a bit of control over my own alias.

Also...I'll end up in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. It always works that way. Apparently I'm evil scientist material or something.

RoseHanabira
08-09-2011, 12:37 PM
So...will it ALWAYS choose a username for you? I mean...I like to have a bit of control over my own alias.

Assuming the registration process is the same as during the Magical Quill week, it will give you a random list of 5 or so pre-generated usernames that you can pick from. I can't remember if there was a button saying "give me some more username options" or not; it seems like something that SHOULD be there but I went through it a little bit quickly to make sure the registration window didn't close on me, so I can't say.

Stina006
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM

you might not be a Hufflepuff then...since they're hardworkers lol. but if you're loyal to your friends you'd be a Hufflepuff.

Lady Marionette
08-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I've been hearing that word alot. What in the world is Pottermore? Google isn't really explaining what is it exactly. D:

ThakYuki
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I GOT MY WELCOME EMAIL!! But now the login button has mysteriously disappeared. O.o

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Does everyone with early registration get the Welcome Email?

DireKitty
08-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I've been hearing that word alot. What in the world is Pottermore? Google isn't really explaining what is it exactly. D:

I'm not sure either... some sort of thing people are signing up for where they pretend to be wizards? Maybe it's like gaia online... but for potter fans?

ThakYuki
08-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Does everyone with early registration get the Welcome Email?

Yes, but not at the same time.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, but not at the same time.

Oh okay :D I'm assuming they're sending them out in batches.

I registered then followed the link to activate my account but I also reset my password. Then I tested my account and signed in (when the sign in function was still there) and successfully got in :D

SO. Hopefulllllyyyyyy soon!

BlondieSundae
08-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Also...I'll end up in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. It always works that way. Apparently I'm evil scientist material or something.

That does suck....but I hope I can sign up normally when the time comes.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
As much as I love making my own usernames, I like the trend on Pottermore. Except for the numbers. Not a fan of numbers in my usernames.

But they're all Harry Potter related so I like that :D Even if mine is totally cheesy and sounds like I'll definitely be in Hufflepuff.

HidingintheMist
08-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Got my second email today, now just waiting for my third. :)

Alyxiane
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I only got the congratz email. ._.

*Still waiting patiently* Are they sending it out according to the days you registered or just random?

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Hey, after you guys got the email to follow the link and validate your account,did you get another email stating that you successfully validated your account?

I reset my password and I'm PRETTY sure I validated my account after. I was able to log onto Pottermore after (I'm pretty sure even after the 48 hours).

Bah, I'm worrying xP BUT IT'S POTTERMORE.

HidingintheMist
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey, after you guys got the email to follow the link and validate your account,did you get another email stating that you successfully validated your account?

I reset my password and I'm PRETTY sure I validated my account after. I was able to log onto Pottermore after (I'm pretty sure even after the 48 hours).

You should be getting the "Congratulations" email soon. After, there will be another letting you know that you can officially access the site. Don't worry, I only just got the email today. ^^;

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g479/HidingintheMist/Picture1-3.png

I only got the congratz email. ._.

*Still waiting patiently* Are they sending it out according to the days you registered or just random?
Thats the second email, and the state where most everyone is currently. I registered the second day, and I've heard it goes by the day you did. I'm not sure though.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Very helpful HidingintheMist!

I haven't gotten the second email, weird D:

Alyxiane
08-10-2011, 06:15 PM
You should be getting the "Congratulations" email soon. After, there will be another letting you know that you can officially access the site. Don't worry, I only just got the email today. ^^;

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g479/HidingintheMist/Picture1-3.png

Thats the second email, and the state where most everyone is currently. I registered the second day, and I've heard it goes by the day you did. I'm not sure though.

That's what I figured. c:

I registered on the second day as well. Either way, I'll go on my merry way and wait on my final email. ^^

HidingintheMist
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Very helpful HidingintheMist!

I haven't gotten the second email, weird D:

As long as you did verify your account you should be getting it soon. I verified mine directly after registering(that was such a long night..), and it still took till today for my second email.

As long as I don't get in near the end of September I'm happy. * w *

Flora88
08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Wonder why they changed the font?

ThakYuki
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM

If you were able to log in, then your account was validated.

And I'm a dork, I didn't read the entire email. After validating it said I would receive a Welcome email in the next few weeks which allowed access to the site. The email I got today said "Congratulations" but says that I've been selected to join the beta for Pottermore, and that I will receive ANOTHER email mid-August to end of September that tells me when I can access the site.

WHY YOU SO CONFUSING POTTERMORE?

Vavo Natsumi
08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
...Why did this get moved? This has nothing to do with Cosplaying.

Chirudesu
08-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I got in! I'm CatStrike96. I like cats so it worked the best.

ThakYuki
08-10-2011, 09:12 PM

I was wondering the same thing. If there were just a general movies forum like there's a video game forum, that'd make sense, but that doesn't exist here. :/

Alexa720
08-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Lol I saw this thread and thought I'd stop by. :D
I got in on Day 4 of the Magical Quill Quest thingy xD, got my validation email about 3 minutes after I finished registering, I cant wait to get into the actual site.

I was surprised though within about 37 minutes after the clue on Day 4 was released it had already been taken down because it filled up so quickly. I was happy to get in though lol.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-10-2011, 11:01 PM

Wondering the same thing XP At least it's still here.

Pottermore still confuses me. I hope it's worth the wait x_x

Stina006
08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I got in as well : D!!!!!!! So happy...
but it says wait a week so...what's another week? P :

Eleksin
08-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Please move this thread back to the off-topic board!

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
GOT MY EMAIL TODAY >3< I was in hhgregg and I checked my email, FREAKED OUT when I saw Pottermore and left hhgregg xP.

:'D Ahhhhh HAPPINESS

Alexa720
08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
GOT MY EMAIL TODAY >3< I was in hhgregg and I checked my email, FREAKED OUT when I saw Pottermore and left hhgregg xP.

:'D Ahhhhh HAPPINESS

Got my email today too!! :D I was so happy! I cant wait! I really dont care which house Im sorted into lol. They say the questions for when you get sorted we're made by Rowling herself, so I guess this would be an official sorting :D

Btw to all my Username for it is RookGlow26.

StrawberrySiren
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh gosh. I was just watching nerimon's latest video where he said, "What if during the sorting process, we answer all the questions...and it ends up saying, 'Sorry. You're a muggle,' That can happen. Turns out you're not right for Hogwarts and then your account just gets deleted."

Dammit, Alex Day. I would cry.

ThakYuki
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh gosh. I was just watching nerimon's latest video where he said, "What if during the sorting process, we answer all the questions...and it ends up saying, 'Sorry. You're a muggle,' That can happen. Turns out you're not right for Hogwarts and then your account just gets deleted."

D: I'm afraid of this too.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Oh my gosh that would be so terrible xP I'd be like, b-but D: I have a wand and everything!

I can't wait to be sorted and what not. It'll feel official rather than coming from a quiz.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Pottermore's log in function is back but it's still the same for me xP Noodles!

And people are starting to get their welcome emails :D

Stina006
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM

oh god Alex, when he said that my face just kinda froze...
Like, what if a pic of Umbridge popped up...
My friend registered first day, and she got her letter this morning. So I think 2nd day should get theirs next week...possibly

HidingintheMist
08-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Got in today. Must say, I wasn't pleased with the sorting. I'll deal with it though; no matter what this site says, I am a Ravenclaw. Even so, I'll still earn points for the house I was put in. * w * I'm just happy to be in.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g479/HidingintheMist/image.jpg

I was one of the later people to register on Day 2 I believe.

CyberCandy
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
I hope I get my welcome letter soon so I can be put in slytherin ^^

HidingintheMist
08-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I hope I get my welcome letter soon so I can be put in slytherin ^^
Just remember you might not be placed there. :C
I think Slytherin is actually in the lead for the House Cup right now.

Hufflepuff description(Highlight to read):

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Gabriel Truman, and I’m delighted to welcome you to HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE. Our emblem is the badger, an animal that is often underestimated, because it lives quietly until attacked, but which, when provoked, can fight off animals much larger than itself, including wolves. Our house colours are yellow and black, and our common room lies one floor below the ground, on the same corridor as the kitchens.

Now, there are a few things you should know about Hufflepuff house. First of all, let’s deal with a perennial myth about the place, which is that we’re the least clever house. WRONG. Hufflepuff is certainly the least boastful house, but we’ve produced just as many brilliant witches and wizards as any other. Want proof? Look up Grogan Stump, one of the most popular Ministers for Magic of all time. He was a Hufflepuff – as were the successful Ministers Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail. Then there’s the world authority on magical creatures, Newt Scamander; Bridget Wenlock, the famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer who first discovered the magical properties of the number seven, and Hengist of Woodcroft, who founded the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade, which lies very near Hogwarts School. Hufflepuffs all.

So, as you can see, we’ve produced more than our fair share of powerful, brilliant and daring witches and wizards, but, just because we don’t shout about it, we don’t get the credit we deserve. Ravenclaws, in particular, assume that any outstanding achiever must have come from their house. I got into big trouble during my third year for duelling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine. I should have got a week of detentions, but Professor Sprout let me off with a warning and a box of coconut ice.

Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us.

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

What else do you need to know? Oh yes, the entrance to the common room is concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor. Tap the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, and the lid will swing open. We are the only house at Hogwarts that also has a repelling device for would-be intruders. If the wrong lid is tapped, or if the rhythm of the tapping is wrong, the illegal entrant is doused in vinegar.

You will hear other houses boast of their security arrangements, but it so happens that in more than a thousand years, the Hufflepuff common room and dormitories have never been seen by outsiders. Like badgers, we know exactly how to lie low – and how to defend ourselves.

Once you’ve opened the barrel, crawl inside and along the passageway behind it, and you will emerge into the cosiest common room of them all. It is round and earthy and low-ceilinged; it always feels sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions.

There is a lot of burnished copper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. Our Head of house, Professor Pomona Sprout, is Head of Herbology, and she brings the most interesting specimens (some of which dance and talk) to decorate our room – one reason why Hufflepuffs are often very good at Herbology. Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Copper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork quilts, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet.

Our house ghost is the friendliest of them all: the Fat Friar. You’ll recognise him easily enough; he’s plump and wears monk’s robes, and he’s very helpful if you get lost or are in any kind of trouble.

I think that’s nearly everything. I must say, I hope some of you are good Quidditch players. Hufflepuff hasn’t done as well as I’d like in the Quidditch tournament lately.

You should sleep comfortably. We’re protected from storms and wind down in our dormitories; we never have the disturbed nights those in the towers sometimes experience.

And once again: congratulations on becoming a member of the friendliest, most decent and most tenacious house of them all.

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh my gosh I want in so bad >3< The people that got in early, that I know of, seem to be in Hufflepuff XP

I'm hoping for Ravenclaw!

HidingintheMist
08-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh my gosh I want in so bad >3< The people that got in early, that I know of, seem to be in Hufflepuff XP

I'm hoping for Ravenclaw!

I'm contemplating making another account in October so I can get Ravenclaw. ^^;

vampricyoda
08-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I can't get in because I keep falling asleep. -__-

Anyway, who else is having problems getting the emails? I've been blindly checking the site for clues. According to her twitter, Evanna Lynch is having the same problem.

You know. . you'd think they'd just let HER in early. Ya know. Considering she is Luna Lovegood and all.

Padmik
08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
I think they're just sending emails out randomly. But I hope I don't get mine on a day where I have a pile of homework to do because I'll just mad pissed lol.

On another note... checked my email today to see if I got an email and I mistook Paramore for Pottermore and now I'm even more upset :|

nighty
08-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Got in the second day, still no welcome letter ORZ

ThakYuki
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I was on the first day and haven't gotten my welcome letter yet, so they're just choosing people randomly, not in the order they got in to register.

Vavo Natsumi
08-17-2011, 03:12 PM
This doesn't have to do with Pottermore, but just Potter. A friend of mine posted this on our HP class page on Facebook:
"Dear person that wrote "property of the half blood prince" in my chemistry book,
I love you."

ThakYuki
08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Holy bejeezus, I just got my acceptance email today, but I keep getting distracted by other things to actually check it out.

IAmShorty
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I got in today and I was sorted into Slytherin! Yessss!

MercuryLampe
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I got in yesterday, and was sorted into...Hufflepuff?! I am noooot a Hufflepuff, like whoa. I am way too mean to be in Hufflepuff!! Always thought I was a Slytherin...

Ah, well... I already "finished" the website, I'm just lurking around, making potions and the like xD

ThakYuki
08-26-2011, 10:37 PM
I got sorted into Gryffindor. wtf? I'm NOT courageous at all, nor do I show any of the qualities of a Gryffindor.

jaguarlineman
08-26-2011, 10:40 PM
I am still waiting on my email! T-T I just want to get in already!

StrawberrySiren
08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
I got sorted into Gryffindor. wtf? I'm NOT courageous at all, nor do I show any of the qualities of a Gryffindor.

Neither did Neville...

Seeing as how I got in on the very last day...I'm fucked.

Flora88
08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Maaaaan, watch me be a Hufflepuff when I actually DO do the Pottermore thing. Or a Gryffindor.
No hate or anything. I've just always, always been either a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin, and I'm a bit used to it by now. Suddenly being a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor after twelve-plus years of online quizzes would just be...odd. And it would be the last one. It would be about as "official" as you could get.

Chaye
08-27-2011, 01:32 AM
-siiigh- I'm still waiting for my email... ugh. >_>

Chibi Plush Toy
08-28-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm in. CatWitch194, Slytherin house. Quill earned first day. Access granted yesterday.

ThakYuki
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
The sorting quiz was just random. Don't really see how some of the questions determine which house you're in. I should be in Ravenclaw, but it's not the end of the world that I got put into Gryffindor.

Alyxiane
08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Neither did Neville...

Seeing as how I got in on the very last day...I'm fucked.

No. I got in the second day and still waiting. It's all random from here. V___V

IAmShorty
08-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Oh yeah, and Im BatNettle67 :3

Divinita Lunare Aria
08-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Still waiting for my emaiilll xP And hoping I'll be sorted into Ravenclaw!! Hopefully the next batch of emails gets sent out soon!!

ThakYuki
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Why does this thread not want me to post?

StrawberrySiren
08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
No. I got in the second day and still waiting. It's all random from here. V___V

Yeah I kind of realized that after a while. Still no email though...

HidingintheMist
08-31-2011, 10:13 PM
I got in yesterday, and was sorted into...Hufflepuff?! I am noooot a Hufflepuff, like whoa. I am way too mean to be in Hufflepuff!! Always thought I was a Slytherin...

Ah, well... I already "finished" the website, I'm just lurking around, making potions and the like xD
Ah, a fellow(possibly mis-sorted) Hufflepuff. Rowling made the quiz herself, but still. I just feel so out of place being a "puff". The description didn't fit me at all.

Its a tad bit sad we have to wait till the end of this year or the beginning of next year for Chamber of Secrets to be unlocked for us. I'm already a bit bored of the site now, which isn't good. :(

ThakYuki
09-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Yeah I'm bored with the site already as well. Nothing to do but make potions, and I get bored with that.

MercuryLampe
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Ah, a fellow(possibly mis-sorted) Hufflepuff. Rowling made the quiz herself, but still. I just feel so out of place being a "puff". The description didn't fit me at all.

Its a tad bit sad we have to wait till the end of this year or the beginning of next year for Chamber of Secrets to be unlocked for us. I'm already a bit bored of the site now, which isn't good. :(

I felt that the quiz didn't really analyze our personalities and sort us based on that... They were more random questions... I was reading through the description of Hufflepuffs and thinking "no...that's not me..." It seems like a lot of people are also thinking they got mis-sorted as well.

I agree, there's really not much to do. All that waiting, and I "finished" the website in less than a day xD

But it's still the Beta, so we can send in suggestions, too :)

ThakYuki
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
My suggestion: make the sorting quiz better. I chose my answers because I thought they'd put me in Ravenclaw, but I got Gryffindor. :/

Alyxiane
09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
I FINALLY GOT IN. ;~;

... And they sorted me into Slytherin. At least I'm not too disappointed about it despite my preference to be in Ravenclaw. In fact I took a detailed quiz a few weeks ago that ranks you in each house and Slytherin was actually second to Ravenclaw.

Of course I can't speak for everyone else and I simply got lucky/looking into the bright side of things (finally getting in and whatnot). I know I would seriously flip if I somehow got sorted in Gryffindor when I'm too much of a wuss. XD I do agree on feeling that the quiz could have been more in-depth according to our personalities.

Sound effects/background music would be really nice. Imagining myself screaming at the top of my lungs upon seeing Fluffy wasn't so awesome when they couldn't growl through my earphones. >.>

Divinita Lunare Aria
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I got in too :DDDD I'm still working on making my way up to the sorting hat part xP! Then I'll be back and post about where I get sorted into.

Hopefully it's Ravenclaw.

And I just got sorted into Gryffindor XP

RoseHanabira
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Bah, it's been so long that I don't even remember with complete certainty what my username is, and from glancing at the Pottermore emails in my inbox it wasn't included there. Fooey.

DazzlexMe
09-07-2011, 12:00 PM
The quiz does test your personality, they really aren't all that random if you really think about it.

I havn't gotten it yet but all my friends have =( So I'm still waiting....and waiting...

HidingintheMist
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
If anyone wants to add me, my username is: WillowMoon44

I felt that the quiz didn't really analyze our personalities and sort us based on that... They were more random questions... I was reading through the description of Hufflepuffs and thinking "no...that's not me..." It seems like a lot of people are also thinking they got mis-sorted as well.

I agree, there's really not much to do. All that waiting, and I "finished" the website in less than a day xD

But it's still the Beta, so we can send in suggestions, too :)
The quiz seemed really random to me as well. And though in the Hufflepuff description they said they were the least-boastful house, the description seemed overly boastful to me. =/

One of the things I've noticed is there are days when there is a flood of new people to one house, and the rest get seemingly next to nothing compared to the other house's increase(they still get people). I've seen it happen more than once.. but heck, I might be imagining it all.

I haven't been on in over a week now due to there being nothing at all to do.

I was kind of hoping from the beginning there would be a forum of sorts. The only way I really communicate with people is through the common room comments, but even so its extremely difficult to have a conversation that way. I sent in a suggestion about that, but we'll see.

Bah, it's been so long that I don't even remember with complete certainty what my username is, and from glancing at the Pottermore emails in my inbox it wasn't included there. Fooey.

Whenever you get your official welcome email that will let you into the site(titled: "Your Pottermore account is ready! Step this way...‏"), Your username will be on it.

For an example, here's mine:
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g479/HidingintheMist/Picture4-2.png
(Sorry I stretched the page a bit guys...)

The quiz does test your personality, they really aren't all that random if you really think about it.

I havn't gotten it yet but all my friends have =( So I'm still waiting....and waiting...
It was random for me, just saying. I got about four questions about musical instruments... Its probably changed since I got in, so it might not be as random anymore.

You should be in before the month is out. I heard they were sending emails daily now, but I have to try and find the source of that.

Alexa720
09-10-2011, 11:35 PM
I got in today and got sorted into.....Hufflepuff -_- I was expecting Ravenclaw or Gryffindor but oh well.

From what I've seen Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin's house descriptions are much more detailed than Gryffindor's, there is a reason behind it but I cant really remember it xD

My username is RookGlow26 for anyone that wants to add me. By the way what type of wand did everyone get?

Stina006
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
My suggestion: make the sorting quiz better. I chose my answers because I thought they'd put me in Ravenclaw, but I got Gryffindor. :/

your first mistake: You cheated the test. Jo told you not to do it...SHAME!
nah, jk. :P
You could always make another account in October : ) You know, take the test for real this time?
And speaking of quizzes, anybody else think they'll make a quiz for our Bogart, Patronus, ridikulos...?
*thought this thread was deleted*
Got into Pottermore a few weeks ago- SLYTHERIN HOUSE!!
Wand: Sycamore, 9 3/4 inches, slightly swishy.
Tawny Owl. : >
Potions are so much fun! But I really hate trying to move those little jars *the mucus, Mistletoe berries...etc.*
Anybody got a way around that?

-also, there is one little 'gateway' that says locked on it. What's it for??

Alexa720
09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Ahh Im a Hufflepuff and you know what it's surprisingly grown on me...everyone is so friendly!
Also we have a catcus in the Common Room named Bob xD

I have a 10 3/4 Dogwood wand with a Unicorn core. It's surprisingly swishy.
What the next gateway is for will probably be revealed later, I personally dont think I'll sign up for another account. I heard they're going to ban people that will/are do that.

So according to what I read us Puffs are loyal, hardworking, trustworthy, friendly and excellent finders.

TR Rose
09-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Finally got my invite today! I would love to have more friends on there, so please feel free to add me. NimbusPhoenix109

Wand: 11 3/4" Sycamore wand, phoenix core, reasonably supple.
Sorted into Griffindor (surprised, I thought I'd get Ravenclaw).

Momomizu
09-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Finally got my email Saturday night!
You can add me if you want: HazelOak49
Ravenclaw
Wand: Alder wood, Phoenix feather core, 11 inches, Suprisingly swishy
Creature: Tawny owl

StrawberrySiren
10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I FINALLY GOT IN. ;~;

... And they sorted me into Slytherin. At least I'm not too disappointed about it despite my preference to be in Ravenclaw. In fact I took a detailed quiz a few weeks ago that ranks you in each house and Slytherin was actually second to Ravenclaw.

Of course I can't speak for everyone else and I simply got lucky/looking into the bright side of things (finally getting in and whatnot). I know I would seriously flip if I somehow got sorted in Gryffindor when I'm too much of a wuss. XD I do agree on feeling that the quiz could have been more in-depth according to our personalities.

Sound effects/background music would be really nice. Imagining myself screaming at the top of my lungs upon seeing Fluffy wasn't so awesome when they couldn't growl through my earphones. >.>

Are we the same person?
I'm in Slytherin, too!

To be honest my second choice was probably Hufflepuff since that's my actual school colors. But I can see where I fit into Slytherin, too.

Some of the stuff is a little boring. And I would love to play wizard's chess. I know it would be exactly like actual online chess. But still.

Also, more chances to get galleons would be nice.