PDA

View Full Version : Four Eyes

darkfireradiant
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
http://i-d.animepaper.net/thumbnails/preview/205441/1/%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-standard-video-games-resident-evil-four-eyes-205441-agentlsk-preview-0c3baab1.jpg

I wanted to try something different and take a break from costumes that are entirely sewn/all cloth. I've been sketching out reference pictures, although I am having some trouble with her backpack (there's few decent reference pictures out there). I also have no idea what she's holding in the pic above... a drill maybe? Oh well. Props later, main costume now.

FACE: I ordered the respirator already with some EL wire.

TOP: Long sleeve chain-link (I think that's the correct term) with a "vest" for the backpack. The elbow pads are easy, I'm going to rip the plastic parts off some skating pads and sew them onto the sweater. The shoulder pads I have no idea. Mainly because they are double layered. I have some ABS plastic left over, but I don't remember how well it holds a sphere-ish shape.

BELT: 5 or so bottles (that's actually easy since I work at a lab haha), military style belt buckle and a pouch. Also a pistol holster that I am thinking of sewing from an old pair of black pants that looks like the exact fabric. Or try and find a holster. I can't seem to find one with the top that folds over like that. Anyone see anything like it?

PANTS: easy-pesy. I already own them, just gotta sew in the "knee pads"

BOOTS: I KNEW I should have gotten the tactical boots that didn't have laces but noooo... I had to have the laces because I thought they looked cooler. So I spent too much money on them, but if anyone happens to see four eye's boots for cheaps somewhere (or maybe has an idea for a boot cover or something) lemme know!

Whew, I think that's everything.

Skullhunter500
08-05-2011, 03:16 AM
LOL i take it you've read the other USS help threads considering you already got some EL Wire!! hhahha Makes my job easyer!! lol What type of respirator are you getting?? As for the backpack you might have to make it.. ill keep looking tho!!.. For the holster the best i could find is this...go to Shortyusa(dot)com and in the search bar put MA10-002 (product number) Its the only kind with the flap that folds over. What shes holding loos like a Syringe Gun(google it). For boots i would try Ugg Boots in black,, or some Diving Boots.!!but idk!!! lol Hope this helps!!!! Glad to see a Four-Eyes!!! Now my team is complete!!!

darkfireradiant
08-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Hooray team! I'm surprised no ones done/started a four eyes cosplay. Course, finding reference pics is driving me insane. Why can't the game come out already?! Gar!

Oooh, a syringe gun! That actually makes a lot more sense than a drill lol. And the EL wire looks awesome, no soldering whoo! Saves me a bit of money since I don't have to buy another soldering iron haha. Backpack shouldn't be too bad, I have one of those small vacuums that broke so I have the exact grey hose needed XD Just need to think of something for the box, maybe a clear storage box? Actually it looks grey with white cover... hmm oh well, that's last anyways lol.

I'm going to check out the UGG books, diving boots would be interesting too lol. Lets see, for the respirator.... amazon(dot)com/gp/product/B001564URC I'm going to have to play around with it, take off the purple carbon things, and make a plexiglass or similar new "lens" for the el wire. I needed a small one, and that was the best I could find. On the bright side, even if it doesn't work I can use it as a mold to make another lol.

Thanks for your reply and advice :D Now to finish so I can join the team ;)

darkfireradiant
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
HOLY BE-JEEBUS! $200 for BOOTS? Boots! That's more than I even have in my bank account hahaha.

They look so prettty..... /drools

W4RH0US3
08-06-2011, 02:22 PM
HOLY BE-JEEBUS! $200 for BOOTS? Boots! That's more than I even have in my bank account hahaha.

They look so prettty..... /drools
200 for boots is ridiculus

Dota2008
08-10-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL i take it you've read the other USS help threads considering you already got some EL Wire!! hhahha Makes my job easyer!! lol What type of respirator are you getting?? As for the backpack you might have to make it.. ill keep looking tho!!.. For the holster the best i could find is this...go to Shortyusa(dot)com and in the search bar put MA10-002 (product number) Its the only kind with the flap that folds over. What shes holding loos like a Syringe Gun(google it). For boots i would try Ugg Boots in black,, or some Diving Boots.!!but idk!!! lol Hope this helps!!!! Glad to see a Four-Eyes!!! Now my team is complete!!!

lol i told her to get the elwire from the same place u told me. im 1 of her IRL friends ^_^ btw skull and war i could probably use ur guys help to perfect my vector costume

darkfireradiant
08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
200 for boots is ridiculus

I ended up finding the boots at a Goodwill for $8, hooray saving $192! ($200... jeez).

ZombieAssassins
09-13-2011, 06:14 PM
where are you finding her gas mask? i can't seem to find one that even looks close to hers... and does anyone have a pic of her back pack as well as the computer on her arm?

predator101
10-08-2011, 01:15 AM
YAY another person doin a USS merc. Can not wait to see it. I have done beltway but still got a bit to go. As for the computer you can make something using Orange EL sheets. If I can figure something else out I will let you know.

darkfireradiant
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I found a similar looking respirator/gas mask online on amazon. It needs a bit of customizing but it was the best (and most affordable for me). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001564URC Oh and it didn't come with the cartridges. I only need to change the very front of it I think to make the black "plug" looking thing larger. Oh and paint it black.

As for the computer, it kind of looks like a DS to me XD Which is what I might use... I still have an old silver DS that the cover is coming off of anyways.

Oh and btw, that elwirepro is so off my good list. They forgot a connector and still have yet to reply to anything I've sent. Also, to order the $1 missing piece would cost another 8 or so dollars in shipping. Not fair.

RedSonya
12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey guys! I am also doing a Four Eyes costume and have almost everything figured out except that backpack. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like its made out of clear vinyl or possible acrylic/plexiglass sheeting? Another thing is how do you think it's attached?
Also, does anyone know the name of that smooth textured/flexible foam? I feel like its insulation foam, but I can't put my finger on its exact name.

I also found this repirator that looks pretty close to Four Eyes'. The nose portion isn't as pointed as other respirators.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/xxonixx/repirator.jpg

Modding is definitely in order but do you guys think it would be easier to mod ones with the the cartridges? In terms of cutting out the areas where the blue LEDs show? Because the one pictured above has those huge white areas.

CorsicaxMarseil
08-05-2012, 02:18 PM
+Is there fog in her backpack or is it just grey? o- o