PDA

View Full Version : gothic lolita/jrock panel (and fashion show)??

liz-maru
11-26-2003, 04:46 PM
mako i was wondering if you wanted to do the jrock/gothic lolita thing again this year?? i really really wanted to attend last year and i wasnt able to and i was so sad ;_; i was wondering if maybe you wanted to do it again this year? if you need help i can help you!! hehe!! and we could have another fashion show and stuff?!! <3 i really wanna do it!! lol!! lemme know if your interested!! is anyone here interested?? hehe! =3

Mako-san
11-27-2003, 12:19 PM
yeah i'm interested Liz-maru!! That would be great! I can get my sis to help and you can most definately help too!!! Great ideal!!

Himemiya
11-27-2003, 01:26 PM
I wanna come :D!
I'm thinking about trying to sell some Gothic Lolita accessories at an artists alley table... headpieces, little top hats, ect. Dunno if they'll sell, but maybe I can get some people inspired to make their own, instead of paying $30+ for one on ebay x.x

zephy
11-27-2003, 02:27 PM
I would love to do this. It would be great, and since I'm all registered for animazement and everything, I'm definately going *_* When I'd heard that people did the gothic lolita stufff last animazement, I was sad sinc eI'd been unable to go , but since Im going... *_* *_* *_*

liz-maru
11-27-2003, 06:36 PM
mako im so excited!! please tell me what i can do to help you!! i really wanna do this! i was also thinking maybe i dunno if you did this last year but maybe we can bring our cds to listen to as well like our fav songs and stuff ^^ and pictures and stuff lol (of our fav jrock/pop bands!!)!! i have no idea!! >< im so excited! and lol Himemiya i was planning on selling stuff in the artist gallery as well! like lil plushies and purses and stuff!! i know youll do well egl stuff is really in and i bet youll sale tons!! ^^ i know ill buy some stuff from you! and zephy lol that is what happend to me last year ;_; i was so sad i couldnt go!! i had wanted to go for a long time since mako said she was doing it and i couldnt go ;_; we will go this year! its gonna be awesome! hehe! im so excited! lemme know what i can do mako ^-^ ty! im glad you wanna do it again! <3 ^_^_^_^

Mako-san
11-28-2003, 01:14 PM
yay!! cool! I'll get started on some pre planning and I'll pm you or email you with all the details and then we can collaborate on what would be good and such! The music thing is a good ideal, I wanted to do a kinda a power point presentation, so that everyone can see the fashions on the big screen, etc!!
Thats just a ideal I got so far! But i'm sure we can come up with something really cool!

liz-maru
11-28-2003, 09:23 PM
wow mako great great ideas!! that sounds awesome!! ^-^ ahhee!! omg how exciting!! do you want me to also bring my boom box to play some cds on or do they have one we might use?? ?_? i could bring my laptop as well if you think we might need one!! omg yay!! hehe!! also maybe since Himemiya was planning on selling lolita stuff she might bring some stuff to sell and display! =^^= also if you need help getting pics of lolita stuff ill be happy to provide them i bought a lolita mag ^^ online the other day so i could bring that!! pm me if you wanna and we can talk more ^^ ahhee!! thank you so much mako im happy you want to do this again! you rock!

liz-maru
12-04-2003, 01:22 PM
are we still a doin this?? mako ill email you about it and himie ima email you as well ^-^ eheh

Terumi
12-04-2003, 04:20 PM
My cosplay schedule for AZ has three costumes on it right now. But I've been wanting to make a cute gothic lolita costume forever! If you guys do the pannel please PM me - I'd love to show up for it in costume (for an example maybe?) if you guys wanted. If I don't do a Gothic costume then a friend of mine may (She's been wanting to make one for longer than I have). Anyhoo, gotta run! And I'll see you guys in artist alley too!! ^^

Mako-san
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah Liz-maru! we are still on for the panel! Just been a little busy working alot lately, and I'm working costumes for katsucon!
So I'll proberly start hardcore planning in the next few weeks!

As for right now It will be good to gather lots of pictures and any available info on history of the fashion. I've read some articles here and there.

Terumi, I would love it if you guys come and by all means dress up!! Then we can have more visual respresentation!!

And if anyone else wants to come remember this will not be limited to just Gothic Lolita, but will expand to all of visual Kei and Lolita, Jrock, etc!! So lets represent our asses off!! heheheh

liz-maru
12-04-2003, 08:24 PM
lol well said mako ^-^ hehe!! ima email you sometime this weekend bout stuff ^o^ and i now how the busy stuff goes -_- lol!! dont worry we got tons o time i was just worried there lol!! i did buy a gothic lolita book so ill bring it ^-^ and im thinkin ill buy some more! and ima bring my fav jrock stuff also oo baba this is gonna be aweshome!! hehe!

Terumi
12-09-2003, 11:34 AM
So far it does look like I will be making my gothic Lolita costume for AZ after all. ^^ Eric, a friend I'm working with in aritst alley, wants to make one as well. Now the hard part is deciding what to make ... there are so many great designs!!! :love:

liz-maru
12-09-2003, 04:53 PM
there are tons and tons arent they!! ^_- i had to make up something cause i liked everythin so much. ^o^ cant wait to see you there terumi!! ^-^ and mako i emailed you =3 hehehe!

Avanon
01-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Sounds like something I'd be interesed in.

Mako-san
01-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Just an update on the panel
I've emailed Az and have yet to hear back from them, usually it takes a while. :rolleyes:
But we can continue planning and such. I hope lots of people can make it!!

liz-maru
01-11-2004, 08:43 AM
sweet mako ^-^ YAY *is so excited*

TeRRaFLaMe
01-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Hmm... if you do have this panel thing, I'll probably check it out. Seeing that this year, I'm most likely staying all 3 days, as opposed to last year, when I only went for Friday afternoon. >_<

Sounds interesting! ^_^

Rei2Rei
01-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Last year I wasn't able to stay for it! :bigcry: I will this time, though!

I'm making a Mana costume for AZ (Almost...Done). So if I can help or anything let me know!

~Rei

weirdness
01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
This sounds fun! If you are able to do this panel I will definately try to show up! I already have started on a gl costume and it's coming out really good so far! =^_^= :bigtu:

DancingVampire
01-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Im thinking of making a Jrock costume but even if I dont do one for AZ it would style be nice to hang out with other EGLs and Jrock fangirls

liz-maru
01-18-2004, 07:18 PM
lol ^-^ hopefully there will be lots ^o^

char_hakkai
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Hm, my friend and I ran one of the JRock panels last year (the Saturday night one) and JRock and EGL panels at Nekocon too...we asked about a panel at Animaze but haven't heard anything back yet. ><;

Think there'll be multiple panels this year like there was last year?

Lyn
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey, I just might be going to this con. ^^ If so, I'd love to show up at these panels if you guys have them. That is, if I'm at the con at the time you have them (might get there a bit late on Fri, considering I'm in up in Maryland and such). Not sure what cosplay I'd bring though. I suppose I could be convinced into bringing at least one J-Rock outfit. Either Kamijo or FILTH Die, probably. And well, my Cain costume is kinda male EGA-ish. So I could bring that for any EGL stuff that goes on, I guess. ^^;

Mako-san
02-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Hm, my friend and I ran one of the JRock panels last year (the Saturday night one) and JRock and EGL panels at Nekocon too...we asked about a panel at Animaze but haven't heard anything back yet. ><;

Think there'll be multiple panels this year like there was last year?

Hmm yeah their proberly will be multiple panels. Still have yet to hear from the AZ people.....

TeRRaFLaMe
02-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Y'know what'd be cool? If we could show the interest for JRock and such at Animazement, and perhaps get a band to play there this year or next year? I mean, a lot of other cons are having JRock bands play, so it'd be cool if one played at Animazement.

Anyone think it's possible? @_@

Mako-san
02-25-2004, 04:46 PM
If they can do it! Then It would great!!
They should make it into a whole Jrock/GL, EGL, etc. Summit!!
Still haven't heard from them folks and I sent two emails, wow! would like to know now it this thing is a go so we can hardcore plan!!

liz-maru
02-27-2004, 12:43 PM
>_____< still no reply from them?? -_-o what is taking them so long!?!? lol

weirdness
02-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Y'know what'd be cool? If we could show the interest for JRock and such at Animazement, and perhaps get a band to play there this year or next year? I mean, a lot of other cons are having JRock bands play, so it'd be cool if one played at Animazement.

Anyone think it's possible? @_@

Oooooohhh! That would be really neat! I think it might be possible and I know there would definately be alot of people who would appreciate it! =^_^=

char_hakkai
03-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Nee, Mako-san?
Still no reply from AZ? We've tried three different addresses and haven't even gotten a reply!

I wonder what's up with the staff's silence?
AZ isn't that far away...

Well, even if we don't get a panel at least we can have some sort of Jrock/Gothic meetup eh?

-=Faust_VIII=-
03-08-2004, 03:41 PM
I'll go ^_^. I'm not dressing up all gothic lolita but I think I've been infused with enough jrock knowledge to know enough. *is gonna try really hard to dress up as Miyavi for az if she has the time*

Lyn
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
char_hakkai - Yesh, there should definently be some sort of meeting even if you guys can't get a panel going. I'll definently show up for it. ^^ Though I'm not sure if any of you are familar with Lareine...^^;; Since I'd prolly be bringing Kamijo.

Kas
03-20-2004, 06:03 PM
No word from AZ yet? I'm tempting to go to the volunteer meeting to see what's the deal. why they are not responding to emails.

Mako-san
03-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Do it Kas, tell them people need to know!

dollssoulkirie
03-21-2004, 08:33 AM
If you guys do have the panel, I'll attend. But probably not dressed up. Well, I might just go a little gothed out, a Mad Hatter-ish type of outfit. It depends on how I feel like wearing. =^-^=