PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney Todd or Depp group

SweeneyTodd
08-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Ok, so I am kinda dieing to form a Sweeney Todd group of some sort. lol None of my friends would cosplay from the movie with me because they keep themselves busy with their anime cosplays and don't know the movie all too well. But I think it would be great to have a Sweeney group. I know the movie is rather old, but I still love to cosplay from it. If I did start a group, I guess I would say the role of Sweeney is already filled, but we can probably have more than one Sweeney (there are never too many Sweeneys at a con lol) and I would be happy to give up my position as Sweeney for anyone who wants to replace me, because quite honestly I know there are much better Sweeneys, and I'd want the group to be as accurate as possible.

If not, it would be awesome to have a Burton/Depp cosplay group. That would be a lot of fun as well.

So if anyone is around the NY, PA, NY area and wants to be a part of a Depp or Sweeney cosplay group let me know, it would be awesome! :D

DemonBarberST
09-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I wish I was around the NY area! I'm on the other side of the country and just started working on a new cosplay costume! I'm working on a cosplay of Depp himself :P Love Johnny Depp characters. They are awesome. I would be all in.

P.S. As I said before, you're an awesome Sweeney! All the best with getting that group together! Maybe in the future I can make it over to NY for an event!

SweeneyTodd
09-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I see you found your way to the forums. lol Nice

Anyways, yea, all the Depp/Sweeney cosplayers seem to be so far away from me. Its actually really upsetting. If you do ever make it out to the NY area, let me know! We should gather more Depp people. I am actually surprised that there aren't many around the Eastern part of the US. :(
But yea, you will make an awesome Depp! Is that what is in your icon? If it is, it looks just like him, Ooohhhhh I'm so jealous.

Thanks a lot! Makes me very happy, especially since your an amazing Sweeney yourself. In my opinion, definitely 10x better than me. You actually pull off his character so well. Grrrrr... I wish I could do that. I want to be a tall caucasian male please!!!! lol

DemonBarberST
09-08-2011, 07:34 AM
I will definitely keep you posted if I ever have plans to get back out to the east coast. *crosses fingers*

And yes, the icon I currently have up is my Depp cosplay in progress. I still am still working on piecing it together. Not sure exactly what outfit/costume I want to use for it.. I was thinking maybe one of his recognizable premiere outfits. I just got the glasses in today. Although they are perfect style and near identical to the moscot lemtosh ones he wears, they are a bit too big for my face. I need to get a smaller size. I am trying to find ones at a reasonable price. Ones I just got are $12. Sadly, although a lot of the replica glasses -- ones that look like the moscot lemtosh but aren't the moscot lemtosh -- look perfect, almost all of them are too large. I may have to save up and just cave and get the real deal. We will see though :P

Thank you again for you compliments -- they mean a lot! And actually, Depp isn't really that tall. I think he is about 5'7"?? I'm not all that tall either :P lol

SweeneyTodd
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes definitely let me know when/if you come back out to the eastern part of the US. meeting up with another Sweeney/Depp cosplayer is always fun.

You found good glasses for your cosplay for only $12? That's really good. But yea, I think you should do one of Depp's premiere outfits, otherwise it might just look like you dress like that everyday, although that isn't bad either, lol
If you plan on cosplaying Depp a lot, I would suggest just getting the actual glasses. That will make your cosplay extremely accurate and the glasses will last you longer since they will be of really good quality.

You're welcome! Depp is tall, he's 5'10". Whereas I am only 5'3" >.< How tall are you?
Ugh its so annoying! I wanna be taller and resemble him more!

DemonBarberST
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm only about 5'5". Dang. I thought Depp was around 5'7". He didn't seem that tall when he was here at Disneyland.

And yeah, I was thinking of getting the actually glasses themselves, but they are so expensive! They are like $200+. I don't know if my bank account can handle that right now.. lol

SweeneyTodd
09-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Wow so you are only 2" taller than me, I would have never expected that. You saw Depp at disneyland? Lucky, I would love to see or meet Depp

Hmm I guess you should save up then. $200 doesn't seem too bad. I paid $500+ for all my Sweeney Todd stuff. Lol

DemonBarberST
09-14-2011, 09:16 PM
I saw the back of Depp's head :P I'm a cast member at Disneyland. One of my fellow cast members said that she was in one of the backstage elevators with Depp and his entourage and he wasn't all that tall. She guessed around 5'7".

Yeah, I'm thinking of saving up.

SweeneyTodd
09-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Are you still a cast member at Disney land? That is awesome! Do you cosplay as Jack Sparrow there?
Being in an elevator with Depp seems awesome... I'd love to be in that situation. lol That sounds creepy, but I promise, it's really not. I just want to meet Depp some day...

DemonBarberST
09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
lol yes I am. And no, I do not cosplay as Jack Sparrow there... but I would love to! lol I am planning on going to next year's Mickey's Halloween Party as Jack.

I have yet to meet Depp myself, but I hear he is a great guy. Crossing my fingers that I cross paths with him soon :P

SweeneyTodd
09-22-2011, 04:11 PM
You should become one of those hired Jack Sparrows, that would be awesomely fun! I'd definitely look into that if I was male and resembled Depp well. Thats awesome though! I'd love to go to that as Sweeney and scare the little children (I hate kids)

Yea, I have heard that too. He seems like a really chill guy. Unlike most celebrities

DemonBarberST
09-23-2011, 04:11 AM
lol Oh, I would definitely look into it... though sadly you need to be AT LEAST 5'7" I believe to be considered for a male face character. I fall a few inches short :(

SweeneyTodd
09-23-2011, 02:37 PM
awwww thats really upsetting. I heard that Disney is extremely strict with who they cast as their characters. Which is kinda weird

DemonBarberST
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Oh very much so.. but they have made a few slight exceptions in the past. Maybe I can be a slight exception, too :P

SweeneyTodd
09-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Yea seriously, go for it! That would be awesome. I think they would hire you. You resemble Depp very well
I also see that you changed your avatar again. lol

DemonBarberST
09-24-2011, 05:17 AM
lol I love changing my avatar around and keep things fresh. As Halloween time approaches, I usually get on my Sweeney Todd kick. I am planning on going as Sweeney to Mickey's Halloween party next month. I am hoping to get more pics of my costume I can stick on here since I don't have a lot! I bet I can get some awesome shots in New Orleans area.

HyperShadow
09-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I feel obligated to post in this thread given the title of it. :P

If you're looking to start a group in your area, the best I can tell you is to talk to people you meet at cons. Express your idea to them if they're a Depp fan or express interest in your cosplay.

SweeneyTodd
09-25-2011, 12:22 AM
DemonBarberST- haha I love October. It is a great month. Especially this year, since I have so much going on where I can cosplay. So it should be lots of fun! I get into full Sweeney mode around Halloween time too. Its a great time of year! I wish I could go to Disneyland/World to one of their Halloween events dressed as Sweeney. I would have lots of fun scaring little children, because I hate kids. But I am going up to Salem, MA that weekend, so I can terrorize people there too. I do hope you get good pictures. I might try to get some pics of me in MA or at the Asbury Park zombie walk

Hypershadow- yea, I tried that sorta. I actually only asked a couple people. One of them actually wanted to do a Depp group with me, but they never contacted me after the con. Soooo yea. I shall try harder I guess. Maybe at NY Comic Con I can try and find someone

DemonBarberST
09-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Ah, yes... yay children. Working at Disney.. some days you like them, some days you don't. Depends on the kids themselves. There are some cute ones.. and the trouble children. lol. But anyway.. Yes, I am hoping to get some great pics! I bet you could get some awesome ones at Salem. I would love to go there!

SweeneyTodd
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
The trouble children are the ones you can throw razors at. xD
Yea I hope you get great pics too. Id love to see more Sweeney photos from you.
I hope i get good pics. I will bring my good camera and maybe my friend can do a mini photoshoot for me.

DemonBarberST
09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Throw my razors? Psh. And ruin a good razor on a kid? Heck no!! LOL Just show the sharp edge to them with an evil grin ;P

I really don't have a lot of good Sweeney pics. Just face shots, a silly Halloween pose, and my failed first go at the costume. lol. Hopefully by October 20th I'll have some new ones up, so keep an eye out for them! That would be great if you could get more pics also!

SweeneyTodd
09-26-2011, 10:25 PM
lol Yea I thought about that too after I posted that comment. Your idea is better

I think your Sweeney pics are pretty good. For the most part it shows that you are good at staying in character. I find it hard to stay in character, which is bad, but I will work on it I guess. This october I will have plenty of chance to try to be in character more.
I will definitely check back after October 20th for photos. Maybe I will get some good photos at Comic Con too.

DemonBarberST
09-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Really? Judging by your photos, it likes you do really well with staying in character. :P

SweeneyTodd
09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh lol thanks! But...
The photos lie! I can stay in character for photos and if I am acting out a song, but as soon as I am done, I revert back to my weird crazy self. lol
Like, at last year's comic con, I realized that I cannot stare into a camera(s) for more than 10 seconds without laughing and breaking character. Also, I almost never stay in character while walking around at a convention. Its too tiring and I feel really weird doing it too.

DemonBarberST
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Sometimes it's difficult staying in character though :P You don't always have to be in character. It's okay to step out of it now and again. lol

Soooo... I might be taking my stage Phantom costume to Mickey's Halloween Party instead of Sweeney Todd this year. I'm a little conflicted. lol

SweeneyTodd
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
hmm that is a bit of a conflict. lol I wouldn't know which one to do either, as both are really recognizeable

DemonBarberST
10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Sweeney ended up winning in votes. lol. I'm still going as Sweeney Todd :P

SweeneyTodd
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
lol because Sweeney is awesome! Be sure to get pics

I had a friend who worked at one of the disney parks and she claims to have seen Johnny Depp dressed as Sweeney Todd at one of the parks, it was a long story she told me, and I am not sure how true it is, but I know if I saw Depp as Sweeney, I would definitely be able to tell if it was him or not. Obviously his costume would be perfect, so thats partly how I would tell

But yea, try to get pics when you go! Will you have a Lovett?

DemonBarberST
10-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I got a few pics, but sadly not a lot. And no... no Mrs. Lovett this year. My friend went as a Cheerio from Glee. LOL

That is quite a story! I have not heard that one... I have heard rumors that he has dressed as Jack Sparrow at the park.. not entirely sure on how true said stories are though.

SweeneyTodd
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Did you post them or do you have plans to post them? xD

Yea, I'm pretty sure the story is a lie :P

DemonBarberST
10-25-2011, 03:02 AM
The few I have are in my Sweeney Todd Album.

SweeneyTodd
10-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh alright awesome! I will go check them out

SweeneyTodd
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Ok, so I have been doing some sitting around and thinking, and I thought that it would be really cool to see people cosplaying Sweeney Todd based off of the original stage production designs (Lansbury and Hearn). I have never actually seen a cosplay of that before, and thought that it would be interesting to see.
Then again, that is probably what stage productions of Sweeney are for, but still... to see that at a con would be pretty epic.
If I looked more like Sweeney Todd, I would attempt to do the George Hearn Sweeney, but given that I am not Caucasian, I don't think that would go over too well :P

DemonBarberST
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
That would be neat! I concur! Regardless of ethnicity, I think you should go for it and give it a shot!

SweeneyTodd
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Well now I have seen all filmed versions of Sweeney Todd, and am tempted to do one similar to the 1998 version of Sweeney. Might be worth a try, just for a fun quick cosplay. Then I can be like...yea I've cosplayed 3 versions of Sweeney Todd
I might try George Hearn Sweeney, it would be interesting to see if I can do it

edern
03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm very interested in sweeney cosplay and i am currently doing the stage production at my college and i am doing research on an effective razor that squirts blood.
any ideas or links

SweeneyTodd
03-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I have been looking for someone to make a razor that squirts blood as well. But I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRm0YiNeGFA although, that was quite pricey (when I asked for a quote it was way more than I was willing to pay for it). Do you need to razor for the stage production or just to carry around?
And which version of Sweeney Todd do you want to cosplay from?