PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Nan Desu Kan?

MikigamiTokiya
10-27-2002, 01:48 PM
2 of my friends and I are going as the Uruha Oto (neon , miki, aki) from flame of recca and are looking for anyone else wanting to do a big cosplay group of them. :drink: @_@'' man that's a queer icon. anyways post if you're interested in that or any other cosplay group kinda thing.

Kamui Motoaki
10-27-2002, 02:39 PM
i'll be going next year. .. ^_^
hopefully. . .

MikigamiTokiya
10-27-2002, 02:42 PM
It's a pretty small con suprisingly being the biggest colorado has. Not much to do and pretty packed but very organized unlike anime north. they need more cosplayers there though so hopefully we'll see a much bigger turnout at ndk 2k3

Michi
10-27-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm going. I have to, for my group. ^_^;

MikigamiTokiya
10-27-2002, 10:29 PM
cool then ^^ were you there this year? there were so few cosplayers i felt so out of place unlike at alot of cons :juggler: it's a horrible naked feeling ><;; see you there then

Makoto
10-28-2002, 01:19 AM
Woohoo, Flame of Recca cosplay~! Ringo-chan is staff at NDK, but Integral and I have never made it up there (even though I'm from Littleton--! )... but I'd really like to come next year.

I've cosplayed as Aoi, and Integral has cosplayed Cray. I love the series to death, I'm so depressed now that it's over... so if you're looking for a couple more villains, if we can make it, we'd love to join in. ;)

Ringo
10-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by MikigamiTokiya
It's a pretty small con suprisingly being the biggest colorado has. Not much to do and pretty packed but very organized unlike anime north. they need more cosplayers there though so hopefully we'll see a much bigger turnout at ndk 2k3

Yes, NDK does need more cosplayers, there aren't too many there. However NDK is still a growing con and so is the cosplay community in the area. SO MORE COSPLAYERS NEED TO COME!!

NDK unorganized??? Which part, what needs help? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated I can make sure it gets to the right people. It's always good to know where to improve. =D

Michi
10-28-2002, 03:01 AM
I wasn't able to make it this year.. I spent my money on going to AnimeFest. ^_^; But I'll be cosplaying in full force this year.

And Mikigami said organized, not unorganized, Ringosan. ^^

MikigamiTokiya
10-28-2002, 07:08 AM
no, i meant AN was unorgainzed. you guys had your masquerade working really well and things were on time. At AN it took them about 2 hrs to get everyone into the masquerade ><;; Oh and to reply to makoto that would be great if you guys wanna join in. Pick whichever villans you wanna be ^__^. this will be so cool:razz: we're gonna have to take alot of pics of NDK nex year cause there aren't alot if any on this site.

khamryn
10-28-2002, 11:08 AM
I go every year... u.u; Cuz its local.

Ringo
10-28-2002, 12:56 PM
no, i meant AN was unorgainzed. you guys had your masquerade working really well and things were on time. At AN it took them about 2 hrs to get everyone into the masquerade ><;; Oh and to reply to makoto that would be great if you guys wanna join in. Pick whichever villans you wanna be ^__^. this will be so cool:razz: we're gonna have to take alot of pics of NDK nex year cause there aren't alot if any on this site.

Whew...I'm sorry I was having a brain fart. >_<
I know what you mean about not many pictures, I only took a few I can put them up but I think they are the same ones everyone else has. ^_^; Only one person took a picture of my costume, then I again people would look at me like that's not anime. oh well.. better luck next year. ^_^
I'll keep on plugging NDK to Mako and Integral the problem is it's so close to Animefest. =(

MikigamiTokiya
10-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Ringo
Whew...I'm sorry I was having a brain fart. >_<
I know what you mean about not many pictures, I only took a few I can put them up but I think they are the same ones everyone else has. ^_^; Only one person took a picture of my costume, then I again people would look at me like that's not anime. oh well.. better luck next year. ^_^
I'll keep on plugging NDK to Mako and Integral the problem is it's so close to Animefest. =(

I know the feeling, i was pretty unrecognizable though because my costume was from the manga seraphic feather and it wasn't attim's normal outfits. hmmn alot of the people there looked like first time cosplayers too. I still have to get my con pics scanned in then i'll post em.

MikigamiTokiya
10-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by khamryn
I go every year... u.u; Cuz its local.

I saw you there in the touya costume! the blood really kicked ass, nice work on it too! too bad I didn't get a full pic of your group though, you were all fabulous!

khamryn
10-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I saw you there in the touya costume! the blood really kicked ass, nice work on it too! too bad I didn't get a full pic of your group though, you were all fabulous!

@.@;

Thank you... I scared the scrap out of people with that blood... hahaha. ^_^

::blink:: oh you saw me with my Aya and her Yuuhi? ^^

khamryn
10-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
i'll be going next year. .. ^_^
hopefully. . .

Commmee tttoooo ndddkkkkkkk~~ :p

MikigamiTokiya
10-29-2002, 03:59 PM
@.@;

Thank you... I scared the scrap out of people with that blood... hahaha. ^_^

::blink:: oh you saw me with my Aya and her Yuuhi? ^^

I love blood ^__^ you can never have enough hee hee hee. yeah I saw you with them outside the game room. You guys looked great together.

khamryn
10-29-2002, 11:11 PM
>I love blood ^__^ you can never have enough hee hee hee. yeah I saw you with them outside the game room. You guys looked great together.

hehe agreed. XD i was trying not to get it on my costume, failed miserably. lol. ^_^

ohhh *^^* thank you. what were you wearing? @@ ::short memory=baaaddddd::

MikigamiTokiya
10-29-2002, 11:13 PM
>I love blood ^__^ you can never have enough hee hee hee. yeah I saw you with them outside the game room. You guys looked great together.

hehe agreed. XD i was trying not to get it on my costume, failed miserably. lol. ^_^

ohhh *^^* thank you. what were you wearing? @@ ::short memory=baaaddddd::

Big red pleather trenchcoat and matching dress w/ a sword lol. I kinda lurk so I'd be suprised if you remembered. I finally put pics up in the gallery so you can tell. ><;; so tan so frizzed! I'm so glad nobody got a pic of my nosebleed @_@'' I had some ...um... isuues adjusting to your altitude + weather lol. Hee hee as soon as I saw you though I had to take a pic ^^ Tooya is sexy !!

khamryn
10-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Big red pleather trenchcoat and matching dress w/ a sword lol. I kinda lurk so I'd be suprised if you remembered. I finally put pics up in the gallery so you can tell. ><;; so tan so frizzed! I'm so glad nobody got a pic of my nosebleed @_@'' I had some ...um... isuues adjusting to your altitude + weather lol. Hee hee as soon as I saw you though I had to take a pic ^^ Tooya is sexy !!

@.@ ::Goes to look.:: I.. think I remember you. u.u;

::blink:: ahh yeah.. a few of my friends have had altitude problems as well. u.u; poor Kitsune had to go to the hospital.

MikigamiTokiya
10-30-2002, 07:17 AM
@.@ ::Goes to look.:: I.. think I remember you. u.u;

::blink:: ahh yeah.. a few of my friends have had altitude problems as well. u.u; poor Kitsune had to go to the hospital.

Ouch >.o that sucks... I can only imagine how much of the con she missed. I spent about half the time sleeping in my hotel room because I couldn't breath ><;; that was embarassing beyond anything because it made me look so out of shape but the air is so damn thin there ya know.

khamryn
10-30-2002, 11:20 AM
>Ouch >.o that sucks... I can only imagine how much of the con >she missed. I spent about half the time sleeping in my hotel >room because I couldn't breath ><;; that was embarassing >beyond anything because it made me look so out of shape but >the air is so damn thin there ya know.

Yeah... eh hehe... us and our thin mountain air. ::Likes it though.::

MikigamiTokiya
10-30-2002, 05:15 PM

Yeah... eh hehe... us and our thin mountain air. ::Likes it though.::

:thumbsup: I still dunnoh how you guys breathe down there. I went there to meet up w/ a a guy friend of mine and he made fun of me the whole time cause I kept coughing and stuff ><;;

Kimiko
10-30-2002, 05:54 PM
::giggles:: I was there.... You saw me?? Really??? Okay, I'mma quit being weird. Yeah, I was there as Aya, with Kham...

You comming back to NDK next year?

Kimi

MikigamiTokiya
10-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Kimiko
::giggles:: I was there.... You saw me?? Really??? Okay, I'mma quit being weird. Yeah, I was there as Aya, with Kham...

You comming back to NDK next year?

Kimi

Yup I saw ya ^^ I have a pic of you somewhere ><;;. nice job on your costume though. I'll try to be there next year and I'm pretty damn sure I will be though ^^ Any ideas of what you're going as next year?

Kimiko
10-30-2002, 06:00 PM
Me? Next year? ::shakes head:: nooo clue at all. What about you?

Kimi

MikigamiTokiya
10-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Kimiko
Me? Next year? ::shakes head:: nooo clue at all. What about you?

Kimi

One of the days I'll be Neon from flame of recca but as for the rest not sure. I have alot of ideas and such and ther's like a year to go so I may have a couple new ones ready for it.

MikigamiTokiya
11-29-2002, 11:08 PM
I put up a bunch of my pics from NDK finally and I found my one w/ Khamryn. damn that's a good tooya costume

khamryn
11-30-2002, 01:38 AM
Ty. >.>;; Hehe...

Someday I wanna do a Recca cosplay... but dunno who really and have NO idea when.. too many I wanna do. ::dies::

MikigamiTokiya
11-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Ty. >.>;; Hehe...

Someday I wanna do a Recca cosplay... but dunno who really and have NO idea when.. too many I wanna do. ::dies::

i know the feeling. never enough time to do anything either. Recca is such a cool show though so I have to make time for it.

khamryn
11-30-2002, 01:49 AM
::Nods.:: It is cool...

I probably could only pull off Mikagami... which I'd only do if I could find the right wig for it because my hair is constantly getting cut for short-haired charas. Hehehe... u.u; Doing Recca would be fun too... I like doing bratty charas. XD ::has a weird definition of bratty::

MikigamiTokiya
11-30-2002, 01:51 AM
::Nods.:: It is cool...

I probably could only pull off Mikagami... which I'd only do if I could find the right wig for it because my hair is constantly getting cut for short-haired charas. Hehehe... u.u; Doing Recca would be fun too... I like doing bratty charas. XD ::has a weird definition of bratty::

that would be so cool if u were mikigami ^^ he's one of my fav. anime peeps (hence forth name). yeah very interesting definition of bratty indeed.

khamryn
11-30-2002, 02:02 AM
I figured. ^_^ But unfortuanately... I think I'd be hard-pressed to find a good wig. ;.;

hehe..... i call the outgoing main charas bratty. :D

MikigamiTokiya
11-30-2002, 02:07 AM
I figured. ^_^ But unfortuanately... I think I'd be hard-pressed to find a good wig. ;.;

hehe..... i call the outgoing main charas bratty. :D

yeah wigs truly are a bitch to find these days for costumes and they're so over-priced when you do find the right one. Mikigami just seems kinda overprotective thanks to that whole sister thing. sister complexes just seem to be very fequent in anime these days. His outfit seems to not be so easy. For ensui you could use blue plexiglass or sumthin like alot of thoes tidus' use for their swords. It would definatley radiate the water effect then.

khamryn
11-30-2002, 02:16 AM
::nodnod:: yeah... eh heh. i'd figure it all out if i did it.. i'm good at that. hehe. ^_^

x.x ::goes to sleep, not coherent anymore:: lol

Miyu
11-30-2002, 04:02 PM
I was there along with Kham and everyone ^^ My friend Taka and I wore our belly dancer outfits and for the masq I wore Eva Friedel.

I also wore that white furry outfit with the white wig...my Bijou from Hamtaro costume that NO ONE seems to have pictures of >_<

attached is a pic of myself and Taka in our dancer costumes :D

khamryn
11-30-2002, 05:05 PM
mmmiiiyyyyuuuuuuuu ::latch::

Miyu
11-30-2002, 05:37 PM
:3 *cuddles!*

MikigamiTokiya
11-30-2002, 06:08 PM
I saw that costume, i have a pic but it's impossible to see because I forgot my flash for most of the masquerade. I took so many pictures that didn't work out. ur other costume was very sparkly ^^ very cool.

Kamui Motoaki
11-30-2002, 07:38 PM
I am attempting to go to NDK. . if the money fairy stops by my house. .lol. .

Yunie-chan
12-11-2002, 12:30 AM
I was at NDK this year as well, ended up going as Belial/the Mad Hatter from Angel Sanctuary ^_^ and I remember so many of you all! Especially Miyu, Kimiko, and Kham! Great costumes you guys!

I know my group, Engi no Shouzoku!, is going next year. Sounds like Lina (was one of the Lulus) is going as Irvine and maybe Priss's hard suit from Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Lain (was one of the Yunas) is going as Yohko from Devil Hunter Yohko, Kali (was Queen Nehelenia) is undecided, Mint (was Maron and Jeanne from Kamikaze Kaiyou Jeanne) is undecided, Rei and Mako-chan (the really kawaii Moogle and Chocobo) are undecided, and I'm going as Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, Selphie from Final Fantasy VIII, and Saria from Zelda 64. ^_^ Hope to see guys all there once again!

--YAY FOR CO COSPLAYERS!!

khamryn
12-11-2002, 12:23 PM
@.@ wow you guys plan so far in advance. I don't have ANY costumes specifically planned out for ndk...

but then i have three other cons to worry about first... u.u;;

^_^

MikigamiTokiya
12-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Coolies then ^^ I'm glad more people are gonna be there next year. but yeah kham I know what you mean about so many other cons. I have alot planned if I can get rides ><;; I've got the cash and all but I'm not even able to get my permit yet to get anywhere ><;;

Yunie-chan
12-11-2002, 06:21 PM
-.- Lucky... I have the license, and a group, just not the moolah. Saaaaaaad! It's so true though o.O Colorado needs for more cosplayers (and more cons closer! ::whines::)

Ringo
12-11-2002, 08:38 PM
Yes! Colorado does need more cosplayers! But NDK is still young and I know some new converts will be there next year. =D
My problem is finding costumes that I run around a convention in. So I only had one this year, and my legwarmers kept on slip under my feet when I was running. But technically the costume was for the panel, and not just for fun. (Like I need an excuse to wear a costume XD )
Yeah for NDK, bring more people!!
We really should do an organized photo next year too. That would be good. ^_^

Yunie-chan
12-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping to get a huge photo of all the Final Fantasy cosplayers on Saturday before the Masquerade ::ish going o be bugging several photographers to show up for peeps:: and I'm working on getting that organized. ^_~ Maybe it'll start a trend, ne?

MikigamiTokiya
12-12-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah very good idea ^^ photo shoots are always fun @_@'' At NDK there was fansview and LLNN but no other really big cosplayer photo-people or whatever you'd call em. oh and about the money... it's really not worth it working every single weekend for about 5 hrs a day during prime hours to do everything ;o; Hmmn I gotta agree on the cons too ~_~UU the only reason I go is because a friend of min lives there and that's the only time I get to see him or I'd stick to my coast lol. unfortunatley he's like an hour away from it so he can only make it for a day. I'm sure alot of other peeps like him and fartehr off in the state would want closer ones so they could make more then one day. same thing goes for where I am cause the closest ones are in Canada so I have to drive over the border w/ peeps. NYC is 6 hrs away so no way am I sitting in a car that long. hee hee @_@'' enough babbling from me then

khamryn
12-14-2002, 11:23 PM
We tried to organize a cosplay.com thing last year.... but it seems it never happened. I was waiting outside the cosplay at the time/place more or less and they got PISSED at us! They told us "WELL, no one informed US about it therefore its not happening!"

I was like ".................. its a photo thing. By people attending."

and they got even more pissed at me. I ended up leaving.. ~_~;

MikigamiTokiya
12-14-2002, 11:26 PM
that royally sucks. Who was supossed to meet ya there?

khamryn
12-15-2002, 12:09 AM
some cosplay.com people o.O

MikigamiTokiya
12-15-2002, 12:12 AM
yea i know but anyone specifically? @_@'' hopefully they had good reason though

Guts_Berserk
08-14-2003, 04:55 PM
I am goin to NDK this year. I was Saranman last year. Sorry if I scared anyone. Any how I will be Zell this Year and me and my freinds have been working on this cosplay for about a year and I think we got a winner. We still need 3 females tho. So any volonters would be most welcome.

See you at the kon:cheers: :cheers:

Guts_Berserk
08-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey theres gonna be a shoot this year at the waterfall

Spoony
06-27-2005, 08:17 AM
I was recruited by a friend for NDK2k4, and 2k5 I'm bringing 5 of my friends, 2 of whom are cosplaying (even if I have to beat them senseless with yardsticks to get their costumes done). So if nothing else, its growing on a Micro-scale :P

Oda
06-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Wow NDK sucks these days.

Beverly
06-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey theres gonna be a shoot this year at the waterfall

I don't think the new hotel has a 'waterfall' per se.... There are a few water "features" in the dining area.

Outside is always a good bet, better lighting, in any case... And there is a specific thread for photoshoots, if you're interested. ^^ (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=60922) I'm sure more and more times will be solidified as the dates draw nearer.