PDA

View Full Version : bug - color bar on left

CapsuleCorp
11-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that for a couple weeks now (since the last big upgrade to the messageboards and stuff) I've had a purple color bar running down the left side of my screen, where the "who's on" table used to be. That's down at the bottom now. Is this something with my comp, like I have to clean out my cache or something, or could this be a bug in the system? It's not a real problem, it's just annoying and bumps my screen over a bit so I have to scroll sideways on occasion.

PikminLink
11-29-2003, 03:17 PM
i have that too ...*dont know what it could..i think admin knows its there...and that he might not be finished with here or something...* i dont think its a bug

Cassandra
11-29-2003, 03:20 PM
I believe that it happened during the software upgrade. Admin made the space so he could put the "who's on" and stuff back there, but there have been problems with the upgrade.

CapsuleCorp
11-29-2003, 03:39 PM
ah okay. That's good to know. I figured Admin was aware but wanted to say something just in case. After all, most people have much better computers than I do. ;)

archangeli
11-29-2003, 03:43 PM
ok. i was wondering that too.

*sits patiently and smiles sweetly :D*

Admin
11-29-2003, 03:52 PM
It's not a bug, it's going to contain a menu bar and a few other things in the near future. This is just another thing that is awaiting the new forum script to be released.

CapsuleCorp
11-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Cool, thanks Admin. Appreciated muchly. Any idea how long that's going to be?

Admin
11-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Should have been today, but now it's looking like Monday or so. Pissing me off, to be honest. :)

Susumari
11-29-2003, 06:15 PM
grr! it'll work soon soon enough. I knew that was happening. I was thinking something would show up there

Admin
11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Update: They said today that the new vBulletin will be released by this coming Friday at the very latest.

As to why I have to wait (as I'm sure some people are wondering) - they're changing the whole way the forum layout is set up and templated, so any changes I make now will have to be re-done with the next release. I'd rather just add the main features back one time rather than have to re-add them again 10 days later.

CapsuleCorp
11-30-2003, 04:17 PM
That makes total sense to me. Thanks, Admin! You're doing a fantastic job, this is one of my favorite places to hang out. Don't let the delays piss you off too much. ;)