PDA

View Full Version : pop ups from hell

DarkindDreamer
11-29-2003, 04:30 PM
ok.. so.. every so often (like every 5 times i would estimate)when i veiw different forum pages and such and post messages or just read over i get this pop up.. not just one.. 0ver 40 all popping up one after the other on top of eachother so many it maxis out all my systems ablities and makes my computer freeze up.. i don't even know what the pop up is, the page seems to be blank and the only header is "Microsoft Internet Explorer".

the first time i thought it might have been my computer since i have had a few pop up ad problems recently, but it only happens here on Cosplay and it happens a lot.

not sure you you can help or anything.
just wanted to let you know. however if it keeps up i'll probably just have to stop coming in here because it's starting to really drive me crazy because i've been loosing a lot of stuff by having to rebot my computer every time it happens.

thanks for any help you can give.
Anthony

Susumari
11-29-2003, 07:18 PM
hmm...I usually get ads and i don't have anything that would take it off. but here...i never get them. could it be your other window open. mayb kazaa?

lainey
11-29-2003, 07:36 PM
i have a clean computer with very little adware.

i have a pop swatter too i believe that gets rid of pop up advertisements :D

or, download the free ad-aware program to get rid of that nasty adware =p

psythe
11-29-2003, 08:12 PM
It is NOT cosplay.com. You have hijackers, probably several.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

Download SpyBot from that link and update it through the online menu and then run Search and Destroy, it will rid you of annoying pop ups. Run it nightly.

I have surfed this site for over a year and never had it generate pop ups. Try SpyBot. =)

EDIT: And get the latest service pack, and critical updates for windows while you are at it. www.microsoft.com