PDA

View Full Version : Help on Chrome?

Tazer-Monster
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm cosplaying Chrome from KHR and the only part of the outfit I need help on is the top. Any suggestions on what fabric and how I should go about this? *or how it should look open*
I can already make everything else, so dont worry about that. I'm just having difficulty with the top. Any help is appreciated! I'm stuck.
*I've heard a suggestion for twill and bias tape?*

Eigwayne
09-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I did mine with suiting, but I do NOT recommend that unless you are very comfortable with suiting already and want a loose, flowy look. (I used it to match my Mukuro) Twill is a good fabric for Chrome's jacket, I would think.

What my group did (there was two of us with Chrome outfits; the girl who did hers first sewed mine together so I could work on my trident) did was make a plain jacket that zipped in the center. The front part between the blue stripes was a separate piece with the stripes forming the outside edges. It was sewn onto the left and then buttoned on the right. The left buttons were fake, and sewn on without buttonholes. The collar was closed on the right with an invisible clip like you (don't) see on women's dress pants.

Chrome doesn't wear her jacket open, so -in theory- it really doesn't matter how it actually works, as long as it looks right on the outside.

Tazer-Monster
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Thank you so much, I might wanna try this method. :D