PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop movie

KaineMaxwell
10-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Anyone hear seen the Cowboy bebop movie- "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"?

Gingerbread Man
10-27-2002, 04:43 PM
yep yep....damn good movie.

Ayaka
10-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Yep, I saw the "US premiere" (it wasn't really lol; though it was for the dub) at BAAF. Kick ass. ^^ I haven't heard any news about the release lately though . . .

Dr. Makoti Jean
10-27-2002, 06:34 PM
Didn't see it.......But I got the sound track! *cheesy smile*

ReiChan
10-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I downloaded it last year or so. Good movie, I especially like the scene(s) with the butterflies.

Demented Otaku
10-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Yes, the CB movie was indeed awesome, gotta love the fight scenes with Spike/Vincent. I also got the Japanese Newtype guide! ( I think that's what its called )

KaineMaxwell
10-27-2002, 07:21 PM
I really wanna see it (comp too slow to downld it).

TyJILDown
10-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I have yet to see it subbed but was also at the Premiere at BAAF...the dub was done very well. I was pleased with the movie.

Galaxia
10-27-2002, 08:55 PM
I've seen both versions (I was at the dub premiere at BAAF), and I LOVED it.

Gingerbread Man
10-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Good movie, I especially like the scene(s) with the butterflies
I donno, the butterflies freaked me out for some reason

Something Lulu
10-27-2002, 10:06 PM
That is a GOOD movie. And I don't even mean among anime, I'm talking any kind of movie - animated, live, American, Japanese. Overall, I rate it very highly as a good movie.

-Something...Lulu

ReiChan
10-27-2002, 10:11 PM
I thought they were pretty, but I tend to like that sort of thing. Like in the Utena movie with all the falling rosepetals, and the Esca movie with the feathers.

KaineMaxwell
10-27-2002, 10:40 PM
Now I'm wanting to see this even more...

SleepingKirby
10-28-2002, 04:54 AM
Gotta knock a little harder! Gotta knock a little harder! Gotta knock a little harder! Break through the door!!!

Let's just say this. Don't expect an all-out action packed movie. This is kind of their way of saying, "One more episode for the road." :)

KaineMaxwell
10-28-2002, 07:37 AM
Anymore Bebop is good enough for me..now to try to find a way to get it...

diqitaldreams
10-28-2002, 08:21 AM
It was..amazing. :D

I thought the music was great, i thought the fight scenes were awesome. I thought the characters were very well developed. Besides that, I thought that Electra chick was ... so... @_@;; ... ::drooools::

Sugoi Movie! :crylaugh:

John Booty
10-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Yes. Excellent movie. Great animation, direction, and music.

KaineMaxwell
10-29-2002, 07:59 AM
Ughhh!

Galaxia
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
Anymore Bebop is good enough for me..now to try to find a way to get it...

It comes out in early 2003 (at least that's what the page for it on Yahoo (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808428290&intl=us) said)

Studmaster
10-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Saw the dub premier at BAAF/AXNY in August, it was a great movie, everything you expect from a Cowboy Bebop Movie. The episodic nature of CB adapted real well to the big screen as they were able to get 100 minutes, and never let the excitment die down. And the Soundtrack is off the hook.

The Movie is scheduled to hit theathers in early 2003 I last heard, and a DVD soon to follow. It's being bought here by the same Peeps that did Metropolis, so the DVD release should be excellent.

Ayaka
10-29-2002, 12:40 PM
And everybody had better go see it in theaters - a LOT - because Watanabe was finally coaxed into saying that if it made large amounts of money in the US, they'd do more Bebop. (And I definitely think they have enough left in them creatively to make another series without it sucking.)

So everybody, take your friends, take yourself, when it comes out, just see it as many times as you can afford! ^^ Come on, it's gotta be worth it if there's any chance of more Bebop!

KaineMaxwell
10-29-2002, 03:21 PM
I will be seeing it! If I can find a theatre near me! Anyone wanna trade the sub?

Marth
10-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Will it be in theaters at all? at least give a limited release like "Spirited Away" or "Pokémon 4Ever".

SleepingKirby
10-29-2002, 05:24 PM
Well, last I heard, Spirited away was suppose to be a nationwide release. But then, I like in Burbank. :p

I still have my doubts about a new bebop series. After all, Spike died. It's one of the few series where everything wraps up nice and neat. No loop hole, you don't feel dissatified, and you grieve for fictional characters. You want to cry when they can't, you grieve when they're gone. For Spike, that life he led with Jet, Faye, Ed and Ein was a wonderful dream. No Mafia, no tainted past, no Vicious, no Julia. And all dreams, eventually, must end. I just think that Spike, at the end, got the rest and relief that he so desperately wanted. No one could kill Spike but Vicious. He's pain has finally ended. His quest over. He can finally move on. That's how I want to remember it.

DJ(SiC)ness
10-29-2002, 06:25 PM
i hope we get it here in Vegas, odds are we will, but i don't know, movie theaters out here suck

Galaxia
10-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SleepingKirby
I still have my doubts about a new bebop series. After all, Spike died. It's one of the few series where everything wraps up nice and neat. No loop hole, you don't feel dissatified, and you grieve for fictional characters. You want to cry when they can't, you grieve when they're gone. For Spike, that life he led with Jet, Faye, Ed and Ein was a wonderful dream. No Mafia, no tainted past, no Vicious, no Julia. And all dreams, eventually, must end. I just think that Spike, at the end, got the rest and relief that he so desperately wanted. No one could kill Spike but Vicious. He's pain has finally ended. His quest over. He can finally move on. That's how I want to remember it.

Hear hear. A new bebop series would be....weird. At the BAAF/AXNY panel, Watanabe didn't even know that CN asked for more Bebop. According to this (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=1069), I think it pretty much says it all.

KaineMaxwell
10-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Actually concerning another Bebop series I'd love to see a prequel myself.

Ayaka
10-29-2002, 11:32 PM
I should have specified, I wouldn't expect it to be a "second season" of Bebop. God knows there are more than enough series that have continued LONG after they should have been put to rest.

I was hoping more for an animated version of Ural Terpsicore, or if not specifically that (since it might not work well as an anime . . . I'd have to reread with that in mind) just another story set in the Bebop universe, not involving the existing characters. I just think that it's an exceptionally solid, well-designed universe, and I'd like to see more happen in it . . .

KaineMaxwell
10-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Kinda like how Angel Links is set int he Outlaw Star universe...

ReiChan
10-30-2002, 08:38 AM
Ah yes, that would be cool. I'd go for that, as long as they were totally different characters. As much as I love Ed, Ein, Jet and Faye, Bebop isn't Bebop without Spike. It would just be wrong.

Gingerbread Man
10-30-2002, 10:49 AM
I agree with Reichan on this, spike is the soul of the bebop, without him, it just wouldn't work