PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Tenchi's Jurian Battle outfit

Tenchi
06-02-2002, 02:10 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in creating Tenchi's Jurian battle outfit. Are there any patterns that would help? Any ideas on how to make his puffy shirt? He he.

Any info you can give will help and be most appreciated!!

Tenchi

Annie-Mei
06-02-2002, 02:36 PM
First off, I always go to 2nd hand shops (ie Salvation Army type shops, Savers etc) to see if they have shirts or outfits that are LIKE that, or close enough where some sewing my get it to look the way I need it. If that doesn't bode well, I head over to my favorite fabric shop and look through the Halloween catalog. You can modify the heck out of stuff using patterns to fit your needs

For the shirt, look for a pirate type shirt.

Hopage
06-02-2002, 07:53 PM
Hmm the picture that Annie_Mei posted is helful but a little sketchy. For the puffy shirt try a reniassance costume pattern or buy on oversized mens white collored shirt and gather it at the sholders and elbow, most easily done buy attaching a thin piece of regular sewing elastic to either end. I'm not sure how good your sewing skills are but just make sure its strecthed out while you sew it to the shirt. For the pants make a pair or you basic elastic wiasted pants one size too large or so but keep your size's elastic length and then just again add that ever useful elasticv to cuff the ankles. If you need more detailed help with the top or boot things just ask.
I hope I was helpful :)