PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay as my Original Characters?

13Diamonds
09-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in cosplaying as one of my characters from my series I'm making? I might even give a small cash prize or even a plush of the character to someone who does cosplay as a thank you. *Shrugs*
I'm not making a competition or anything, just trying to get people interested.

I'm going to be cosplaying as the main character of the series. Nyoko's first outfit(http://gemofthenight.weebly.com/uploads/8/5/3/4/8534397/7239629_orig.png) with her cloak.(http://gemofthenight.weebly.com/uploads/8/5/3/4/8534397/2822021_orig.png)

There are a few characters I would love to see cosplays of.

Here are a few for now until other character sheets are made.

Females
- Riri Yuki: http://gemofthenight.weebly.com/uploads/8/5/3/4/8534397/5497857_orig.png
http://gemofthenight.weebly.com/uploads/8/5/3/4/8534397/3002903_orig.png

- Naomi Umeko: http://limitlessdisguise.weebly.com/uploads/6/1/1/9/6119434/7577139_orig.png

Males
- Raiden Denkasi: http://limitlessdisguise.weebly.com/uploads/6/1/1/9/6119434/5024870_orig.png

- Deaigo: http://limitlessdisguise.weebly.com/uploads/6/1/1/9/6119434/5432931_orig.png

I have a site I'm working on about the series.
http://gemofthenight.weebly.com/index.html

Soo, anyone?

MishaxXx
09-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow they sure look amazing O_O but the girls sure are difficult with that much skin...but the character designs look great.
This Raiden Denkasi looks really great and the outfit is cool. ^^ if I have time I'll really cosplay him (but that will probably take some time).
Aaand you have just won another fan for your series.
I'll check out your site.^_^

DancesofShadows
09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd totally be interested in Naomi or Raiden ^^

13Diamonds
09-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Yay thanks guys that makes me so excited!

And AWESOME! Another fan! ^-^ I'm slooowly getting it all together. I hope to reveal more character sheets so people can cosplay them if interested. ^-^

And yeah I know some of the girls are pretty showy on skin, but I've seen some cosplays done that are riskay. xD (Like Dizzy)

Naomi's Profile is on my site just so you know ^-^!

DancesofShadows
09-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out :D

13Diamonds
09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
If you have any questions let me know. :3

Konkatsu
09-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I cant really cosplay as them, im uber fat,
But those designs are awesome. Sirusly. O_o

DancesofShadows
09-11-2011, 04:30 AM
I cant really cosplay as them, im uber fat,
But those designs are awesome. Sirusly. O_o

Listen honey, I've seen some chubby people pull off some of the most amazing cosplay of characters similar in the skimpy side of these. You just have to make it the right way and have the right attitutde. Never say you can't because you're "fat".

Also, if you wanna lose weight there are some very good workouts and tips and such I could suggest, just shoot me a PM if you wanna know them. :)

13Diamonds
09-11-2011, 12:15 PM
What? Your not fat xD If that's you in your icon you sure don't look it at all! So cut that out!
I mean if you feel you need to lose weight then change what you eat. Not a diet just eat a little better. Like more fruits and veggies. I have a bad habit of snacking alot but instead of me snacking on chips or cookies, I nom on (baby) carrots, grapes and such all day ;D

And If you are really that concerned, I do have other characters that are less skimpy if you will. Just give me some more time and I can get their references up!

Also you like Yuri? Then somehow I see you wanting to see Nyoko and Riri together. xD (Pics have been done for the lulz before) Just throwing that out there. >_>

ShadowDrac
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM
-dies at the beauty of those character designs- I wish I could... God, why do I have to be a poor college student? Oh, wait... college... that's right...

Anyways, these are beautiful characters. I'm officially a fan. XD

sephygoth
09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I'd love to, but I've already done 3 versions of my own blue icey mopey kitty XD
well, since you kinda mentioned it before ^^
I love the guy characters, but can't actually do any.

13Diamonds
09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Yay more fans! ^-^
and aww it's alright I know what it's like, but they are always an option!
And I have some simpler ones too. Just give me time to get all their references together. xD;

And I have a succubus char, but she needs a better reference before I post her up xD;
And thank you! ^-^

Sakurairis
09-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I totally love your characters. I'd cosplay as them but I'm not a good body type to show anything around my stomache. It would totally ruin the character and look gross, but if I ever loose that much weight count me in!

sephygoth
09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
You really should cosplay your own char set, if it's YOURSELF, fulfill the embodiment.

I have never shared my past hundreds of sketches online, I could never make them all, so choosing what you like best is like selecting a picture to upload. And in the end, do for yourself, really....really. It's more satisfying.

Sakurairis
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
You really should cosplay your own char set, if it's YOURSELF, fulfill the embodiment.

I have never shared my past hundreds of sketches online, I could never make them all, so choosing what you like best is like selecting a picture to upload. And in the end, do for yourself, really....really. It's more satisfying.

You know i'm actually gonna partly disagree with this. While I totally think, yeah you should cosplay your own characters I also have to say I'd die with happiness if someone other than myself wanted to cosplay my characters. It would be so coold to be at a con or browsing the web and be like 'HOLY COW THAT'S MY CHARACTER!' So I say all power to OP for asking other people to do it.

Blood_Sword
09-13-2011, 01:45 AM
I have to say those are some pretty OC characters!
Maybe I could cosplay something... if not all of those were too revealing for me. :S And I'd prefer a male character for personal reasons, err.
But if you have more designs coming I'll look into them too. ^_^

Hmm, I need to cosplay my OC's sometime too, this inspires me to do so..

13Diamonds
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Sakurairis: Oh come on now our fine. >.< and like I said if it really bothers people you don't have to cosplay as the more revealing characters. I have some that are less revealing and one that's completely covered.

sephygoth: Oh I am cosplaying as my own as I said in the first post. I'm cosplaying as Nyoko, the main character of the series. ^-^; And I would like others to cosplay as my other character as well, like Sakurairis said, it would make me really happy that people enjoy my series that much.

Blood_Sword: Thank you!~ and yes I have more males coming if you like to cosplay them. If Raiden isn't for you. I'm slowly working on getting them all~ Glad it inspires you!
I have many other character not relating to the story that I would love to see too, but for now, I'll stick to my main series. xD

sephygoth
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Sakurairis: Oh come on now our fine. >.< and like I said if it really bothers people you don't have to cosplay as the more revealing characters. I have some that are less revealing and one that's completely covered.

sephygoth: Oh I am cosplaying as my own as I said in the first post. I'm cosplaying as Nyoko, the main character of the series. ^-^; And I would like others to cosplay as my other character as well, like Sakurairis said, it would make me really happy that people enjoy my series that much.

Blood_Sword: Thank you!~ and yes I have more males coming if you like to cosplay them. If Raiden isn't for you. I'm slowly working on getting them all~ Glad it inspires you!
I have many other character not relating to the story that I would love to see too, but for now, I'll stick to my main series. xD

Gotcha, even though you already got back to me once, plus another member... yeah I get it. Understand that everyone and their mother at any artist ally would love to complete their cast of characters simply because you make so many at a certain point. To pump out all these ideas and not be able to be them all at once, how long does it take to fill a few pages of paper (hrs) vs how long it takes to make it come to life...with many complications and changes based off availability, HUGE difference. I know, I'm in that boat.
Eddie Murphy and Mike Meyers made it so in a feild it was possible in. Ya just can't with what it sounds lik efor yourself.So, of course you would be happy to have ppl compete over each other in front of you to be the chosen one for your characters, of course you would be thrilled if ppl did it "for" you. My gf wears my characters occasionally when I can't, sure it's great when you can't wear them all and require the counterparts. I'd never have a cash prize for someone to wear my stuff, and ppl have offered more than I'd like. That's me, yeah I know, but most people have a more personal reason for wearing or MAKING what they do.
SO
what is the occasion? What spicey valuable personal reason have you slapped on the table besides fantastic art? don't offer that fluff cash prize thing to earn participation with ppl. I wouldn't take money from you to cosplay your character, that's a bribe to me and almost in insult. Dude most ppl woul djust say yay or nay, so far no one here is saying NO, but it's a lot of praise on the art instead. Make one of those fancy sketched getups yourself like you planned, finish it, see how 1-1 it is, then scout around. JUST doing the art isn't even half of the work or creativeness with the overall result you yourself desire.

Groups: Keep in mind where that sharing branches off to... might not be your character anymore, might not go your way. oh calamity in the skies if you end up getting left out of a group where the others break off and do their own thing with your stuff. Ya gotta be careful young one. When I heard someone mention how they wanted to make a "sephygoth character" a couple years ago, I was weirded out, it was so generically creepy.

but yeah "cosplay my characters for me" versus "with me" is something you have to think about, go into the artist ally and poll the tables, I bet very few would NOT be flattered by someone wearing their work. They may not want to cosplay themSELVES, but love to see it. You are trying to do both. But you need to identify yourself in this area before people can take the characters seriously, till then it's just fantastic art.

and I mean, if this post offends you? then you're new. Contrasting opinions help people otherwise being told everything is wonderful and great, but not really satisfying the overall goal.... You deserve that much from someone else here who has been doing this sorta thing for so long. Rethink the idea, because even if you got a full cast filled right NOW, the process to complete it will take time.
pm my ass if you have other concerns or details ya want ironed out.

13Diamonds
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Very true. Although it wasn't my intention to make it into a competition or anything and didn't mean for it to sound like a bribe or anything. I was thinking that if anyone did cosplay as one of my characters, I would give them something in return if I was able to spare it, as a thank you kind of, didn't mean it any other way. I can think of another way to thank them by maybe offering a plush of the character instead or something. I don't want people to cosplay FOR me either. Just with me, or if they want to themselves, just like people cosplay Naruto, Bleach, or any other anime, manga, game etc. I want my series to get out there a little too, and this is a way to kind of advertise it to see if people would be interested. It has been my goal/dream of this series since back in 2003, and I'm doing all I can to turn it into something, and hope people will enjoy it. They are not just characters with no background or meaning, I have a whole story for them, and currently have only word written chapters, and soon to be illustrated manga like pages.

And sure I have thought about people doing it wrong or even "stealing" traits of my characters, but I just hope they don't and the people who like my series enough would want to cosplay their fave character or whatever as they would for any other series out there. As I said I am cosplaying as the main character, I'm waiting for it to be completed before I can even show what it looks like, lol. When it is I'll update here for people to see it come to life.

I also never said that anyone had to make a cosplay right now. Just if they wanted to on the side or in the future.

Blood_Sword
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Awesome, can't wait!
And now you got me interested to see those other characters.. xD

13Diamonds
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Lol xD
they are all here http://limitlessdisguise.weebly.com/