PDA

View Full Version : Fussing with Facial hair

Setsuna22
11-30-2003, 02:35 PM
I have just a quick question. What's the best way to deal with facial hair? I don't want ANY showing. The worst part is, I have relatively dark hair, and it grows fairly quickly (damn my Italian heritage!) Pain is no obstacle. Also (once the facial hair is gone hopefully) What are some good brands of foundation? And how do you go about picking the right color? One more question (sorry, I THOUGHT I only had one ^^;;) but, has anyone tried using 5 o'clock coverup by Ben Nye? If so, does it work well?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Setsuna22

Kitten
11-30-2003, 03:51 PM
I've never tried the coverup, but as for foundation, I usually go with Clinique, since (I think) it's good for sensitive skin. I don't know if you've ever worn foundation before, but if I were you, I'd stay on the safe side and get some that won't irritate your skin.

I don't really know much about facial hair, though, so I don't think I can help you there... sorry! :thumbsup: I hope I helped at least a little!

dani
11-30-2003, 06:50 PM
The options are not many. (I've been studying the subject for years) If you want something permanent the options are regular electrolysis or laser. Both take time and are expensive.

For something temporary you need a CLOSE shave (maybe try a few 3-blade disposables) and a foundation that matches your skin color. Go to a mall and find the cosmetic counter of a good company (Mac, Clinique, Dermablend, Dermacolor) and ask the clerk to do a color match test on your skin.

I haven't found any other reasonable options. ( I mean, you could pluck every single hair with a tweezer, but after all the pain and time you'll have nighmares with ingrowns when they grow back)

Best of luck

Dani

Mizuno Tenshi
11-30-2003, 07:07 PM
I haven't found any other reasonable options. ( I mean, you could pluck every single hair with a tweezer, but after all the pain and time you'll have nighmares with ingrowns when they grow back)

I don't think you'd get many ingrowns if you tweezed. I've lightened up the facial hair a bit before, and didn't have problems with ingrowns on the face. If you usually use a good cleanser and moisturizer (do it all the time, not just for costume!), then there shouldn't be any major problems. Soo.... I'd recommend tweezing. Or waxing if you find a place that does it... but... I'd suggest tweezing instead.

Tenshi

RHIshida
11-30-2003, 07:46 PM
You could try nair, but you have to test to make sure you aren't allergic, and it stinks pretty bad too.

Setsuna22
11-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Soo.... I'd recommend tweezing. Or waxing if you find a place that does it... but... I'd suggest tweezing instead.

Tenshi

Oh my! Tweezing would be nice, but it would take an ungodly amount of time to do my whole face! They'd probably start growing back in, too, before I was finished *_*

What about waxing? Could I do this myself? I've thought about it extensively, but could only think of negatives. I'm just afraid I'll rip all the skin off my face/neck!!!

Thanks for the advice so far (btw) ^_^

Setsuna22

dani
11-30-2003, 08:47 PM
> What about waxing? Could I do this myself?

I've tried that and the only place it worked was on my legs. The wax needs to be hot enough to grab the hair, the hair needs to be long enough to be grabbed and your pain tolerance needs to be enormous. If you are willing to try I'd recommend you first practice your technique on your legs to make sure you really want to do that to your face.

Let us know how it goes

Dani

Mizuno Tenshi
11-30-2003, 09:45 PM
I've had my underarms done professionally... I wouldn't EVER think about waxing my face myself... The plus side about tweezing, too, is that the hair will come back thinner, too. ^_^
If ya wanna wax, get it done professionally at salon that's done facial hair (at least that has done eyebrows) before. ^_^

Tenshi

Merle-kun
12-01-2003, 04:45 PM
I bought some beard cover... but the company that I bought it from said they would send instructions along with my order, but didn't. I emailed them a few times and they wouldn't even respond. So I really can't attest to how great it is, but if you can find some instructions for it that might be a solution for you.

ZiggyB
12-01-2003, 05:30 PM
My friend Lilli pointed me to this site:

http://www.draag.com/tips/face/beardcover.html

On ways to cover facial hair with makeup. I'm not crossplaying, but it's a little odd to see Squall with stubble and I find it looks better in pictures. :)