PDA

View Full Version : Jrock cosplayers at Katsucon 10

Shintsu
11-30-2003, 05:16 PM
I was just hoping to get a list of all the people who are doing Jrock cosplays(or crossplayers for the most part ^^) at katsucon this year. My sister and I are going as Kisou era Die and Toshiya(Dir en Grey).
There were also a lot of gothic and lolitas last year, so basically anything in that area, write here >:D

Lyn
11-30-2003, 05:24 PM
I might be bringing my FILTH Die costume to the con, depending on whether I can get to the con Friday morning or not. If I do, I'd prolly be wearing it sometime Friday. I don't have any new J-Rock costumes for it though. In fact, originally this was going to be like my first con in a while that I didn't wear any J-Rock to but I caved in. lol

Misa-chan
11-30-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm working on something from the Gothic & Lolita Bible. Since that fits too I'll bring it if I can get finished.

drake
12-01-2003, 09:41 AM
I'll be Merveilles Gackt (you know, with the big black wings).

Damned feathers.....

Mako-san
12-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Ohhh Merveilles Gackt! I must take pics of you!! What day are you wearing it?

oh I'll be debuting my Ayumi Hamasaki goth dress from the Ourselves video!!
and I'll bring my gothic lolita also!!

slightlysalted
12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
I'll probably bring my Myaku Kaoru outfit along and if i can find time for it then YAY! if not, it'll go back into my closet and wait for the next con (XDDDD poor costume! I haven't worn it in a long long time.)

drake
12-02-2003, 06:11 AM
Ohhh Merveilles Gackt! I must take pics of you!! What day are you wearing it?

Well, I'm gonna have to work it in around my Celestin costume which will be in either the hall contest or masquerade. Once I find out, though, I'll let you know.

Shintsu
12-03-2003, 08:08 AM
aaahh, cool! >O< lotsa people~
Merveilles Gackt will be awesome to see, and Lyn- I will totally stalk your FILTH Die (or atleast my sister will... then we'd have TWO pleather-claud Dies)
Hmmm... bringing lots of film, so hopefully I'll see you guys at the con >:D

madhatterr104
12-03-2003, 06:39 PM
im going to be kyo ^^ ...havn't decided what version yet...maybe i could join your group *puppy dog eyes*

Lyn
12-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Shintsu - Whoot. Lots of Die-ness then. ^^

madhatter104 - Be FILTH Kyo! Bwahaha! Naw, I think that costume tends to be a bit hard and not very many people actually want to do that one anyways. ^^;;

madhatterr104
12-03-2003, 07:43 PM
lol..lyn, filth kyo is a bit too much work for a unexperienced costume maker person such as myself..but maybe one day i'll do it *evil laugh*

i'll be on the prowl for all the dies..hehe..if u see kyo stalking u than u know it's me ^^

any suggestions for an somewhat easy but noticable kyo??
i was thinking of doing the jealous pv version...i just need screenshots, anyone know where i can get them???? :(

thanks ^^

Shintsu
12-04-2003, 01:18 PM
lol..lyn, filth kyo is a bit too much work for a unexperienced costume maker person such as myself..but maybe one day i'll do it *evil laugh*

i'll be on the prowl for all the dies..hehe..if u see kyo stalking u than u know it's me ^^

any suggestions for an somewhat easy but noticable kyo??
i was thinking of doing the jealous pv version...i just need screenshots, anyone know where i can get them???? :(

thanks ^^

Kyo! <3
no idea where to get screen shots, but if you can't find any, you could always go as MACABRE era Kyo. ;D (probably one of the most noticeable and easy-to-spot Jrock cosplays.. besides, it's everyone's favorie album XD ... that or Gauze... okay, it varies!)

My sister an I might also be getting a table at the artist ally on sat. so if you don't see us on Fridsay, you can always try there! >:D (oh.. I spend so much time in there anyhow you might as well try on Fri., too. )

Toastersix
12-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Obscure Kyo. *_* Just my opinion, though. lol. Also, I'm probably going as Illuminati Mana and my friend might be going as Yukke from MUCC. ^_^

Nekomata
12-13-2003, 06:31 PM
~____~ I was going to go.. but issues arose so now I'm not going =_=;;

I was gonna be Jun from the NeoGrotesque PV (Pierrot) and in a white lolita dress. Maybe next year? T___T

Lyn
12-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Nekomata - ;_; Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing you too.

ShatteredSunset
12-13-2003, 07:35 PM
So many Dir en Grey cosplayers... I never knew how popular they were till recently. My friend went out with one of them... I can't for the life of me remember who though. Kyo maybe. In any case, woot for jrock cosplay :p

Nekomata
12-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Nekomata - ;_; Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing you too.

Argh x-x Gawd something's always coming up. Like with Otakon? =__= I was gonna be hide -________- But soon I'll be working on getting my license so I'll be able to get around on my own. Hopefully other random issues won't come up in the future -_-;

drake
12-14-2003, 11:02 PM
mmmmk, Celestin got scratched, so I will be wearing my Gackt costume all day Saturday, fingernails and all! I'll also be in the masquerade, so you can check me out there, if you don't see me walking around (how could you not, cuz, i mean, damn..... the wings are farking huge.... XD) .

drake
12-14-2003, 11:03 PM
O, yeah, and I'll be wearing my Shiroi Klaha costume again, that I used for Otakon.

madhatterr104
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
just out of curiousity, are there any dir en grey groups out there who need a kyo?? i don't want to be alone :(

do u guys think we could have our own jrock photoshoot??? just an idea...

Lyn
12-15-2003, 03:18 PM
madhatter104 - Welp, I'll be with a few Dir people on Friday. You can hang with us if you want. ^^ Not exactly sure who yet as I don't know when people are wearing what costumes. But I'll have at least one Kaoru with me (since I'll be Die) maybe another Kaoru if I can convince Tri to wear her FILTH Kaoru again then. And I'm going to see about talking to Stasia to get her to wear Shinya too then.

J-Rock photoshoot might be cool. I vote for Friday since that's the only time I'm going to be wearing any J-Rock cosplay. lol

madhatterr104
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
yay, i'd love to hang out with u guys :)

friday is when i'll be wearing kyo (doesn't that sound nice? *tehehe*) so that would be good for me too.

katchoo
12-15-2003, 09:21 PM
I'll be wearing my own design lolita outfit. ^_^ But I can't wait to take pictures of you wonderful Jrock cosplayers ^_^

madhatterr104
12-16-2003, 12:25 PM
the more i think about it..the more i want to do filth kyo...hmmm...i should do it.

if anyone who has done this outfit before, or if u just have ideas and suggestions, they would be very helpful ^^

Lyn
12-16-2003, 03:37 PM
madhatter104 - Yaaaaaaay!!! *glomps* A FILTH Kyo, finally! That would be so incredibly awesome. *_* I definently have to talk Stasia and Tri into wearing their FILTH outfits as well because if so, we'd have the entire band! Er, wait, nm. Forgot about Toshiya and unfortunantly Steph, our Toshiya at Otakon, can't skip school that day like I can. ;_; Man, so close!

madhatterr104
12-16-2003, 03:57 PM
aww..thats too bad that we won't have a toshi..oh well, 4 is better than nothing! umm..do u have any suggestions for the dreads..im starting to get worryed about how to do them...im thinking wool or something??? ^^

Shintsu
12-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Tasukichan - I love Yukke! I will be on the lookout for you and your friend for the entire convention ^^;; I saw a Yukke at otakon, too.. but I couldn't get a picture ;_;

photoshoot on friday is probably fine, but since I'm three hours away, I would suggest we have it in the afternoon? if all goes well, I'll be at the con by eleven...

Lyn
12-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Shintsu - Welp, when I say morning, I tend to mean morning/early afternoon ish. It's my odd way of thinking. ^^; Any time from like the con starts (though I'm not sure when I'll be there myself either...) to like 2pm is fine by me.

drake
12-19-2003, 12:07 AM
yay! photoshoot! :: poses::

:: poses again::

SUPASTAH!!!

::silence::
::looks around:: ahem... well.... ok then....

Toastersix
12-19-2003, 11:29 AM
*nodnod* Yukke is so adorable. I wanna see a Tatsurou... very badly. But if I do see one, I won't hesitate to glomp them. lol. I have an obsession with Tatsurou and Gackt.

Speaking of Gackt... I'm surprised no one's cosplaying as Gackt. Has Gackt and Malice Mizer been replaced with Diru? ;_;

Lyn
12-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Tasukichan - *points at drake* Gackt.

Do not fear, there is still plenty of Malice Mizer cosplaying out there. I think MM and Diru are equally popular in the cosplay department.

drake
12-19-2003, 07:52 PM
::is terribly crestfallen that Tasukichan just overlooks him::
I think I may cry now......

But honestly, My friends and I don't really do much Jrock cosplay outside of Malice Mizer since we just haven't had to look outside of them yet, there's just so many damn costumes of theirs.... I myself will eventually will possess the full compliment of Merveilles costumes, wings and all ::smacks self for being overambitious::

Toastersix
12-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Whee! Sorry, Drake! I'll have to find you and take lossa pictures of you! ^_^ Gackt-kuuunnnn. heh.

madhatterr104
12-21-2003, 03:53 PM
lyn, any updates on the filth group? ^^

when are u getting to katsu and what time should we all meet up?

(so many questions, i know..but im just so excited:)
oh, and that suggestion i got about using batting for the dreads on my thread back in the wig forum is working out great...just have to perfect it a little and in no time (and for cheap!) i'll have a full head of long black dreads ^^

Toastersix
12-21-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm doing a gothic lolita look... but I dunno how to do the make-up. x_X If anyone has any tips/suggestiong on who would be a good(and fairly easy) person to base make-up on, let me know. I think I'm gunna do a Mana-looking style wig so maybe Mana make-up would probably be the best..

Lyn
12-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Tasukichan - Yeah, Mana might be good to base off of but keep in mind that Mana also uses a lot of white paint make-up and if you don't get that on good, it can look not so good. So, I would suggest avoiding the white face paint unless you have good stuff and/or experience with it. Not sure if Mana is the easiest person but definently has the most gothic lolita look.

madhatter104 - Welp, still haven't gotten a chance to ask Tri about Karou since she won't know for a while whether she can afford to go or not. If she does go, I'll convince her into bringing the costume. And I forgot to ask Stasia about Shinya but I can do that soon. I still have no idea when I'm getting there still. ^^; I'm aiming to try to get there as soon as I can, espicially if my Dad is driving me over since he won't want to be too late to work. Or I might try to catch a ride with one of my friends if I can. What time do you think you'll be there? Since I'll be wearing Die from the moment I get there until like 2pm. (Unless I have to take it off before then as the last time I wore it, it gave me a few problems, since no matter what I do, part of it still keeps coming undone -_- I've tried hot glue and velcro already and both came up with same results. Stupid fabric.)

Toastersix
12-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I'll probably GET there @ about 10:30 and be out and about @ 11:30 on Friday. Evil flight isn't as early as I want it to be... ;_; But any time after I get there is fine with me. ^_^ Also, I can't wait to see your Filth Kyo. *_* I'll try to resist my temptations to glomp you... ^^;;;

Mana's so pretty.. I wish I could have done his Merveilles outfit.. it was so beautiful. Well, I s'ppose I'll try and get my friend to help me with some Mana make-up. Any suggestions or which Mana I do? ^_^

madhatterr104
12-21-2003, 07:04 PM
im probably going to get there around 9-10am-ish or so..4 hour drive 0.0
i'll most likely wear kyo all day, unless it becomes uncomfortable....if it does then i'll switch to my origional gothic lolita.
do u think anyone would be willing to stay in diru costume all day with me? lol ^^ if not, im fine w/ being the lone kyo...wondering the con aimlessly and scaring the crap outta people.

Lyn
12-21-2003, 07:56 PM
madhatter104 - LOL Sorry that I'm most definently not staying in Die all day. ^^; I want to wear Cain for the majority of Friday since its the costume I'm looking forward to the most and I've got a nice sized group for it sometime in the late afternoon time frame. Plus, I've been having the hardest time keeping Die to stay on. x_x The straps and back keep coming undone as I have to have velcro on those parts because its the only way I can get in and out of the costume. lol

I'm thinking a good time for the J-Rock group would be like between 11 and noon on Friday since I think everyone should be there by then. That good? And any suggestions for a meeting location?

Toastersix
12-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Well, may as well be on the bottom floor along with everything else. Oh, someone will have to find me because I'll most likely pull a Ryoga and get lost. Friday between 11 and noon sounds great. I hope I'll have time to put on my lolita makeup.. ^_^;;

Lilli
12-22-2003, 07:31 AM
I'll be donning my watermelon lolita at some point in time during the con. Probably around the same time that Lime, Orange, Banana, and Apple put theirs on.

FEAR THE FRUITS! MUAHAHAHA!! *cough-hack-hack-cough*

...sorry about that ^^;; *hides*

madhatterr104
12-22-2003, 10:50 AM
hmm..ok so how about 11:30..lol..sound good to everyone??
as for the photoshoot, do u want to have it RIGHT when we get there or around one???
any suggestions for an exact location? (like the escalators per say?)

Tasukichan, would u been willing to hang out with the filth kyo? lol..like i said, i have no other groups for friday so i'll end up wondering aimlessly if i don't have someone to hang out with..who knows what trouble i'll get into *bats her eyes*

Toastersix
12-22-2003, 11:02 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

lol. I'd love to! I have no group on Friday, too! We can cause trouble together! ^_^ *evil cackle* muahahaha--- *ahem* ^^;;

madhatterr104
12-22-2003, 11:30 AM
yay! *feels loved*

Toastersix
12-22-2003, 12:57 PM
lalala! UPDATE! ^_^ My friend and I have definetly decided to go as Tatsurou and Yukke from Mucc. ^_^ Here is a piccy of the Tatsurou I'll most likely do: http://www.blue-neurose.de/images/mucc-(tatsurou)1.jpg

Also, yall will have to forgive me if I'm a little bit late in getting there. Stupid airlines... and I dunno if my mom will lemme leave as early as I'd like.leaving the house @ 4:00 AM is pretty harsh. x_x

madhatterr104
12-22-2003, 05:20 PM
lyn, would u be uber mad at me if i switched to obscure kyo???
not sure if i'll be able to do filth (might not have enough time, and concidering i have to show my tummy, im getting a little self concious about it...)
but if i have the time (and self esteem! lol) to do filth, i'll prolly do obscure too...

ach..so confused...

Shintsu
12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Tasukichan ~
yeah yeah! MUCC! ha ha ha.. so cool...
friday elevenish or whatever is probably alright @_@; like I said, we're about three hours away by car and anything could happen, but we'll get there even if we're a little late. >:D (oh, O_O, pluse regestration, though we did pre-reg.)
we'll also be in Diru Cosplay all day, so if any of you guys want to hang out with us a little. ^^ (we've got to figure out our schedule first though.. @_@ Katsucon's is all subject to change but once it's not we'll write everything out..)

umm, if anyone was there last year, we could have the photoshoot around where they were having the Dual Jewel acustic concert thing... (something I did not go to ;_; ) just a suggestion. I don't really know if they layout of the convention is going to be the same as last year @_@;

Toastersix
12-22-2003, 09:31 PM
^_^ Ditto. The stupid airlines are subject to change. Would we maybe be able to push it back an extra 30 minutes? I just really wanna be there on time. ^_^;;;

Obscure Kyo, huh? *_* That's the prettiest Kyo. lol. I may end up cutting loose and glomping you. What a funny picture, ne? Tatsurou glomping Obscure Kyo.. hehe!

madhatterr104
12-23-2003, 09:46 AM
update:
im going to do both obscure and filth kyos..if i get to wear both, great..if i only get to wear obscure, thats ok too.

Shintsu, i'd love to hang with your diru group ^^ as i will be groupless after 2..lol

im really scared cus my computer just crashed like a minute ago *cries* wonder whats wrong

Toastersix
12-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Dr. Tomato(my compy) has reached the end of his days. He's so close to crashing, it's beyond me... too junked up with Jrock videos and Mucc music.. ^_^;;

Tatsurou would be happy to stalk you, Shinjitsu. lol. And I'll drag Yukke along, too. Whee! I can't wait to cosplay as Tatsurou. It'll be alot of fun. ^_^;

madhatterr104
12-23-2003, 02:25 PM
dr. tomato *giggles*
i think the right name for my compy is madame bitch...lol...its only a year old and it's starting to copy the actions of my former compy...senor a$$hole.

anyway..i can't wait to see all the diru cosplay-yumminess..thehe..*imagines all the stalking and glomping taking place*

Lyn
12-23-2003, 03:07 PM
madhatter104 - Really hope you still wear FILTH. *paws at your leg, giving puppy-dog look*

Tasukichan - Eh, well, I don't want to push the meeting time too much as I really don't want to be in Die for too long as I really want to get my new Cain costume on as quickly as possible. But yeah, you don't really need me for it I guess. ^^;

Shintsu - That might be a good place. Er, well, wait, thats a panel room. Maybe not so good since its not quite as easy to find. lol But on that level would be good, maybe more closer to the escalators and pay phones or something so its easier to spot people.

Shintsu
12-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Shintsu - That might be a good place. Er, well, wait, thats a panel room. Maybe not so good since its not quite as easy to find. lol But on that level would be good, maybe more closer to the escalators and pay phones or something so its easier to spot people.

Well, I wasn't really thinking about doing it in the pannel. it's just that all those jrock-esque people were waiting in line. Actually though, my sister was thinking about maybe around where the bathroom is? (near that pannel room)
o_o;;; everyone is going to have such a hard time finding wherever we decide on ^^;;; no one's going to get there in time! (j/k.. I HOPE)
though the escalator is REALLY easy to find. .__.

Toastersix
12-23-2003, 07:30 PM
So... near the escalator? lol. I've never been to Katsu, so I'll be totally lost. ^_^;;;

Lyn
12-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah, let's say bottom floor, near the escalator and pay phone area. Don't worry, Katsucon doesn't really have a really large area to it and I've never gotten lost in it. ^^; You'll be able to tell when you're on the last level as they're won't be any more escalators leading down. lol

Shintsu - I didn't mean the panel room. I just meant that the area around there is a little harder to see when you first get down there. It'd prolly be easier to just meet around the area where people can find each other easier.

Toastersix
12-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Just look around nearby for a confused looking Tatsurou and that'll be me. ^_^;;; I hope I'll be able to find you guys. I'll just ride the escalators to the bottom floor and look for Diru people. ^_^;

madhatterr104
12-24-2003, 11:01 AM
ok so we agree on the bottom floor, near the escalator and pay phone area at 11:30ish, ne?

just finalizing it so we can add it to the gatherings thread ^^

ok, im off to workout..must get kyo abs by katsu..ever hear of a flabby kyo? *shakes head*

Toastersix
12-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Fine with me. ^^

momo_anzu
01-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Ah! Dead j-rocker thread..must bring back to life!!

Well, Imma go as Mana. The N.p.s.n.g.s nurse photoshoot costume.

I'm gonna have to bring like...50 rolls of film to get piccies of all you guys!!!

madhatterr104
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
ooo..mana..good choice

almost got my dreads done..hows everyone else doing???

Lyn
01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
madhatter104 - Yay! Good to hear its going good with the dreads. ^^ I don't have to worry about Die since he's been done since Otakon, lol. I did have to fix the hair attachments for him though as they got flattened in my luggage and I forgot about them and took them out recently and freaked at the fact that they were all messed up. But they're back to being good and sitting on a table on top of the visor right now.

Toastersix
01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
All I have to do now for my Tatsurou outfit is make the shirt and get the haircut. ^_^

Shintsu
01-12-2004, 12:35 PM
ee! I just cut out the fabric for the coat yesterday. (I probably won't make the corset-thing that's underneath. maybe) I also ordered the studs on Friday. (they should get here today or tomorrow.. errr..) My sister just has to finish putting the studs on the pants and sleeves. Except that she just informed me that the Beadazler company she gets her studs from is changing something in their product line so now she might have to get studs from somewhere else.. err!
and we both need to get our hair cut. .__.

momo_anzu
01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Do you think we could get together and have a Jrock photoshoot? I heard there might be one...anyone know anything?:)

Sadly, exams are here so I can't work on my costume yet:( Trying to study hard so I get good exam grades, heh. Um..love hearing about all your costumes! Can't wait to see!!

Lyn
01-12-2004, 04:09 PM
momo_anzu - ^^; Um, thats what we've been discussing for the last page or so of this. And *points at the 2004 gathering thread* its listed on there too.

Shintsu - I would give you my leftover studs from Die but don't think I could get them to you before the con and they're prolly not the kind you'd want anyways. ^^;

madhatterr104
01-12-2004, 06:29 PM
question:
whats katsu's stud policy...i want to put spikes on my megaphone (and choker and bracelet) but will it be concidered a weapon? :(

got the skirt done. yay! besides the zipper..(invisible zippers are evil)
oh and i found out that if u iron it..the sparkles melt together and come off o.o

Shintsu
01-14-2004, 06:27 PM
lyn- thanks for the offer! since you live in MD, it would probably get here in time, but yeah- they might not be the kind. she's been looking all over the round-flathead studs.. I think she might've found a place tht has them though. not sure, I'll get back on that.

katsucon should have a wepons policy on their web site (www.katsucon.com) so you should check that out ^^

madhatterr104
01-14-2004, 06:48 PM
i did..and emailed them too..*sigh* i have to order it soon so it will get here in time :( should i just order them anyway??

Lyn
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
madhatterr104 - I don't think that would be a weapon by their standards as long as the spikes aren't too sharp. Plus, they are more concerned with the obvious looking weapons so they probably won't be as strict on a microphone prop. Though, in my school, it would definently be a weapon because my principal is annoying like that. x_x;

Shintsu - Actually, I think those might be what I have. What costume is she doing again? (for reference so I can check) Though they could be a different size since those come in several different sizes. Also, try Michael's if you haven't yet since thats where I eventually found mine.

Shintsu
01-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Actually, I think those might be what I have. What costume is she doing again? (for reference so I can check) Though they could be a different size since those come in several different sizes. Also, try Michael's if you haven't yet since thats where I eventually found mine.

Ursa(mah sistah) says: yeah, Michael's rocks, it's the only store that seems to have them. But unfortunately since it's Bedazzler that's doing something weird to their product line the studs are un-orderable and Michael's is all out of stock. I'm making Kisou Die (http://www.geocities.com/visual_dirpierrot/dir/DirKisouBS.jpg) and am using all three sizes of the nickel flathead studs. Luckily I have been able to find a place that sells some of them online (http://www.createforless.com/) but they only have two sizes and it seems to good to be true. haha. XD;
Thanks a ton for the offer!! >O< *hearts* I can't wait to meet you guys at Katsu <3 <3

back to shin..
aaah, Die looks so hot in that picture.. she's going to be so hot! ha ha ha XD
atch.. but I'm going to have to get some heels for that Toshiya..

madhatterr104
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
ok, i feel like a real idiot...

i ordered my studs and spikes today..but i forgot about the stud setter...does bedazzler put any kind of studs in?? is there something else i can use??
*hits herself on the head*
thats what i get for being blonde...

Lyn
01-19-2004, 08:12 PM
madhatter104 - I believe it does. My bedazzler never really worked that well though. (I think I had a cheap crappy kind, lol) And ya know, if it doesn't work, you can always use your fingers like I had to for Die. x_x; If you do end up doing that, I highly recommend using a pair of twizers (sp) of some sort to help you press done on stuff occasionaly or else your fingers are going to be in pain for the majority of it. lol ^^;; It's a major pain but it worked a lot better than the stupid bedazzler.

madhatterr104
01-20-2004, 01:05 PM
i try the finger method first then..that way i don't end up waisting money..thanks! ^^

madhatterr104
01-22-2004, 04:20 PM
^_^
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=104829&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Lyn
01-22-2004, 04:28 PM
That is so awesome! ^_^ Yay for FILTH dreads!!

Sadly, Tri (FILTH Kaoru) probably won't be attending this con and I can't convince the Toshiya into it. Though Shinya is still coming and has agreed to join us. So, that's 3 out of 5 at least.

madhatterr104
01-22-2004, 04:35 PM
*sigh* thats ok..alteast we have a shinya :)
who is our shinya b/w?

since im sick i'll be staying home this weekend..lol.. hopefully i'll have the dreads finished *crosses fingers* along with the skirt and pants...why study for midterms if you could be sewing, right? lol

yukitoLeonheart
01-23-2004, 03:32 AM
Is anyone doing a Laraku cosplay?

Lyn
01-23-2004, 10:39 AM
madhatter104 - My friend Stasia is going to be our Shinya. She wore the costume at Otakon last year too, that's how I met her.

yukitoLeonheart - Nope. As far as I know, haven't heard anything about any L'Arc~en~Ciel cosplay. They're kinda hard to really cosplay though since most of their outfits aren't that really noticeable. But I would love to see at least a Hyde cosplayer.

Shintsu
01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
hah, I am trying to convince ursa to cosplay as Sho for Otakon so I can cosplay as Kei (both from the movie Moon Child.. played by Gackt and Hyde, since we were on the subject)
also, a friend of mine MIGHT be comming for the photoshoot as Obscure Kyo, but he's not sure if he can get the costume done. I know his girlfriend is cosplaying as Miyavi though.

chocophilosophy
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
If I get my Toshiya finished in time... just saw an unbelievable outfit of his two days ago. A friend of mine might be finished with her Kaoru, too...
http://www.visualheaven.dmhgames.ath.cx/deg/group/185.jpg

madhatterr104
01-26-2004, 08:04 AM
yay! more diru cosplay...lets see, that would be 1 toshiya, 1 kaoru, 2-3(?) dies, 3-4(?) kyos, and 1 shinya that i know of who might be attending.

no school today because of the snow :p so i gets lots of time to sew. (thehe..that rhymes)

Ganesh
01-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I'll be Merveilles Gackt (you know, with the big black wings).

Damned feathers.....

That is if he gets his wings done...*poke*

(he hasn't started to put them togeather yet)

Lyn
01-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Ganesh - Tell him to get his ass in gear then. XP He still hasn't put them together yet? Geez, even I'm not that slow. lol ^^;

Man, I'm going to be so cold on my way to the con since I'm going to have to put Die on before I get there. Sleeveless outfit = not weather friendly ^^; Ah well. I've worn sleeveless outfits on the way to it before so I should be fine. Just need to figure out how I'm getting there exactly. ^^; Hopefully I'll get there in time for the J-Rock photoshoot. Would kinda suck if I arrived after it.

drake
01-28-2004, 07:36 PM
I have to started! I have the mesh frames made!

Granted, that only took about twenty minutes and the rest will be hours and hours of work...

Lyn - So you got accepted to St Mary's with dearest Meredith! That's awesome! And kinda creepy that your and her letters got mixed up... Anywho, happy accident, can't wait to meet you at Katsu!

Yui
01-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Well, I'm sorting life out here, and I can confirm now that I'll be at Katsu.
Looks like I'll be bringing YURA-sama on the Psycho front (along with my mini group of AYA and DAISHI.) And then this was going to be my first Kao-less con in a long time...but since I can now drink out of R D'E...well, maybe he'll be coming if I can stay in it for an extended period of time. I have fun in that costume.

...But...11 *AM* tho for a photoshoot?....hahaha. I'll probably be just waking up about then. ^_^; Well, not like I won't see you guys around the rest of the day.

madhatterr104
01-29-2004, 10:10 AM
ok, so far this is a list of all the jrockers who are willing to attend the photoshoot:

Yui- yura (possible kaoru)
Shintsu + sister- die and toshiya
Lyn- die
Misa-chan- lolita
Mako-san- Ayumi Hamasaki + lolita
Effy- kaoru
Katchoo- lolita
Tasukichan- Tatsurou(?) + ayu
friend of tasukichan- yukke
Momo anzu- mana
Chocophilosophy- toshiya
me- kyo

if you have changed your costume or are unable to attend the photoshoot (on FRIDAY) let me know, and i'll take your name/costume off the list. if you know of anyone who has not posted (or is not on cosplay.com) but would be interested, any additions are welcome ^^
and yes, i made this list for no reason other than to see how big the group will be..as you can see i am very bored o.O

supesu otoko
01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
hey kitts, just thought i'd mention my friend is going as a Yuki/Kyo on Saturday...
& i'll probably be a lolita/fruits girl all 3 days because i'm too lazy to cosplay.
hope to see some of your wonderful costumes <3

Lyn
01-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Yui - You're coming to Katsu? Awesome! I looove your Frontiers Yura-sama btw! It turned out really nice. *_* Well, I suppose we could change the time to later in the day...but no one had complained about the time before and it was an open slot...so yeah...^^; Plus, I'm an early-riser so I thought it was a great time. Though I tend to forget that I'm one of the few that is actually wide awake early in the morning. lol Though, its more of a meeting time. I'm sure some of us will be hanging around each other for quite a bit after that.

drake - Yup, proves once again what a small world it really is, huh? Can't wait to see your wings whenever you get them done. I gotta make some wings for Otakon so I really shouldn't tease you since I have to figure out how to make my own after Katsu as it is. ^^; Maybe I can get advice from you once you're done?

Ganesh
01-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Ganesh - Tell him to get his ass in gear then. XP He still hasn't put them together yet? Geez, even I'm not that slow. lol ^^;

I try...up to offering to come to his house and make them for him...go figure...also, glad to hear Meredith and you shall be at St. Mary's togeather...

Toastersix
01-29-2004, 08:23 PM
D-Did you say MIYAVI??? *_*

*dies*

J'adore Miyavi. 0.0 Speaking of Miyavi... did you all know that he's coming to A-kon? AHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! *ahem* Sorry.

Anyways, my friend is coming with me as Yukke. Also, I'm gunna double with the Ourselves Ayu outfit, the one where she's against the wall. That tower of knots on her head.. any suggestions as to how to pull that off? I can get the bangs and straight hair... but I don't have enough hair fer the mountain of braids... One other thing... the dress changes between when she's against the wall and the one with the huge drapes attached to the wall... Can anyone tell what exactly she's got on her arms.. It looks like 5 or 6 boas just wrapped around each arm...

drake
01-30-2004, 09:48 AM
MadHatter - I unfortunately will not be able attend the photo shoot, as I will not be arriving until Friday night, 7 pm at the earliest. ::cries:: damnable school....

Lyn - I'd be more than happy to give you advice on wings, once I go the gauntlet of my own! *.*

Ganesh
01-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Now that I am able to go (I hate my parents) I will be doing my Beast of Blood Yu~ki costume parts of Saturday...it is the one I did at AUSA for those of you who went. This time I think that I will switch the balloon for a rose...I will also be doing EGL if there is anything...does anyone know?????

Lyn--I'm planning on spending most of this weekend at Drakes, building his wings.

Lyn
01-30-2004, 07:44 PM
drake - Thank you ever so much. ^_^

Ganesh - Heehee, good thing, that. Hm, I think there are some other people planning EGL stuff so I'm sure you won't be the only one. I don't think there's any real gathering for any though. But there usually tends to be a good amount at cons these days.

Ganesh
01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
That's about what I figured...I was just wondering if there was anything 'official'...

madhatterr104
02-04-2004, 03:50 PM
9 days! how's everyone doing????
i just ordered my contacts, makeup and megaphone..and i still have the jacket and dreads left to finish..ek!

what about u???

Lyn
02-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Whee, I'm actually almost done with all of my Katsu stuff. ^^ And of course, Die's been done since Otakon, lol. And I got the hair attachments all settled again so I'm pretty much set. ^^ Can't wait to see everyone there!

Ganesh
02-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Well...Beast of Blood Yu~ki has been done since Anime USA, but I just (20 minutes ago) finished the cuffs for my EGL while watching Bubblegum Crisis...now I just need to buy the gloves...

drake
02-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Shiroi Klaha has been done since Otakon, but I'm down to the wire with Gackt... the feathers..... ::groan::

All of you, hit me for not starting earlier.

Shintsu
02-05-2004, 12:47 PM
aaahh.. there are lots of people comming ot this thing.. I hope I remember everyone's name x_x

But man.. I'll be surprised if I even live to see the 13th! Lately I have so much school.... but I think I can finish the coat by the end of this weekend! and then I just have the pants to modify(I can work on that in spare time since I just have to put studs on them) and the shirt. The shirt's not going to look great though @_@; (but I wasn't even planning on making it in the first place.. )
The Die costume is completely done, though. all we need to do is get our hair cut ...

*hits drake.. lightly* then again, my sister is also making a shinigami costume for katsu. and she just bought the fabric last night!

AndoMasanobu
02-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll be wearing a rodeo era Miyavi cosplay to katsu ^.~ though I've been to busy to get to the piercing parlor...*hates her job for taking up time* i can deal with a fake for now.... and i might drag along my le ciel gackt cosplay too, depending on my hair at the time, but ill never do those nails again!*crings at the memory* i kept poking myself in the eye ;_;*sniffle, feels dumb*. i didnt finish my toshiya in time. but thats what otakons for. my friend kai's going as obscure kaoru. hopefully we'll have a place to sleep at the hotel. our rooms packed *tear*

Shintsu
02-06-2004, 10:17 PM
hey, AndoMasano-chan, aren't you and I talking about the same person? ha ha ha ^^ ...

AndoMasanobu
02-06-2004, 10:50 PM
haha yeah ^ ^ dats me. im trying to find us a place to stay. we have one but its like 9 people in the room already @~@

drake
02-09-2004, 09:55 AM
huzzah! All I have to do is add the harness to the wings and modify the shirt so it fits over it and add the little collar thing. 2, maybe 3 hours of work tops. The collective hour count is about 30 now and a cost of 115 dollars!

madhatterr104
02-10-2004, 04:24 PM
eeee! less than 72 hours left! *bounces up and down*
so much to do still..ek!

and guess what?! i broke my eye! lol..tore the cornea..hopefully i'll be able to wear my filth contacts :(