PDA

View Full Version : Katsucon Pre Registration

DigitalCactus
12-01-2003, 10:54 AM
I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems. My group sent in checks a long time ago and they have yet to be cashed. We have not received confirmation of anykind. This is actually goign to be my first time pre registrating for Katsucon. The last time I was there was about 3 years ago and we just walked up and paid at the door. I havent noted any updates on their site either and Im starting to worry.

TyJILDown
12-02-2003, 02:16 PM
I'm not quite sure why that happened O_o;;

I myself am mailing my pre reg via Priority Mail the week before Christmas and putting Delivery Confirmation on that envelope so I know that my check got there. If anything goes wrong, I'll have the tracking number handy ^^;;

Anikiki
12-02-2003, 02:18 PM
I've sent my check to Katsucon sometime in July. I believed they have received it, but I have not heard word from any of them. Anyway, Katsucon's website is updated, but last time I checked, the prereg list is still pending, and I think they said it make take several months for you them to send something to you. You can check out the website if you like to make sure.

This is my first time preging for Katsucon, so we're on the same boat.

CHAOS
12-05-2003, 09:03 PM
I am thinking about pre-registreing but if they are having problems then I am more hesitent to do it.

isami
12-05-2003, 09:38 PM
I definately regret pre-reging for Otakon this summer. I ended up waiting on line for almost an hour while my two friends got in lickity split. -.-;;;
That, and there were so many problems with it. I never got a notice until like... the week before and when I got there, they couldn't find my name on the list. I never got my postcard in the mail...
In the end, unless you pre-reg a million years in advice and get a super low price, it's not worth the trouble this close to con-time. IMO, at least.

ThatYaoiBoy
12-06-2003, 01:51 AM
I haven't heard anything from them either :/

ElvishBoi
12-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Dude... I actually had to harrass them like, 3 times to find out my cheque went through, and that was awhile ago when I first contacted them, because I wasn't sure if I signed mine *Yeah,,, dumb.. anyway*

But like, Otakon this year sucked ass how badly they were organized, the same thing happened and took them forever cuz they lost stuff or whatever?
I dunno man, *To Digi Cactus*, maybe you should email em a few times and ask what's up. :/

Oshi
12-06-2003, 12:18 PM
I really, really wish they had online registration via Paypal X_x;; That's really the only way I can prereg, no checking account...

KuroBara
12-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Hmmm...I'm in the same boat as Chaos. I wonder if it's worth it to pre-reg or if I should just pay at the door. I'm leaning towards pre-registering to avoid stress like Nekocon's attendance cap.

Ugh- Otakon was awful with that. I sent my check in March, and no word at all. Then, in May I closed out that checking account. I didn't even realize this problem until July! I had to contact them, get the check destroyed and send a money order. All-in-all, I think it actually pushed up my group's preregistration.

I think one month is a reasonable time to cash a check, this recent trend in con pre-registration is distressing. Wouldn't life be easier for them if they took paypal? That's how I preregistered for Nekocon, and it's run by the same people. Strange.

Stueypark
12-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Katsucon could run into an attendance cap. Last year that hotel was really crowded and I can only assume they'll have more people this year, so you never know.

They probably don't use paypal because paypal charges 2.4%-3.7% to the reciever (the convention) for the service. The loss can add up quickly with thousands of pre-regs.

And I never use checks except to pay my bills, anyone else who gets money from me gets a money order or bank check so I don't have to worry about my balance.

T4uRu$k4tt
12-06-2003, 03:18 PM
stu that's a good idea...i write checks, but never never again to some people, lol...i think it's possible to have bad check karma when paying some people...just ask jen ^^;;

Sciguy
12-06-2003, 05:08 PM
last year when I pre-regged, I noticed that the check hadn't been cashed until January sometime. They probably don't want to cash checks until they're sure they have everything sorted out and the grace period for making chnages has passed. The last two Otakons were the same way, those checks weren't cashed until a month before, either.

Lady_Sephiroth
12-06-2003, 06:01 PM
I'd have dig out the carbons to get my check number, but I'm almost certian my check cleared already. I seem to remember a check for the amount clearing about a month or 2 after I sent it.

I've never had a problem pre-regging at any con. Last year at Katsu there was a HUGE line for at-con reg but I just waltzed in and got my badge. I always recommend pre-reg.