PDA

View Full Version : The Massachusetts, Magical after christmas photoshoot.

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone,
Here I am again with an other Photoshoot. This time I'm pretty much open for anything, I honestly just want a nice handful of cosplayers to take photos of over Christmas vacation, because I am usually bored out of my mind during this time-..Not to mention lonely.
The good news is. I just bought a new camera. ^^ I'm very pleased with it, then again I should be...it cost me a nice hunk of change. ( a really big hunk of change. *ahem* )
Anyway, if anyone has any ideas of themes, and places please feel free to throw them out at me and we'll take a look at it.

-Vk

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Oh yes, and when I say "Magical", I really don't mean Magical. I was in a fruity mood when I made the thread.

hikura
12-02-2003, 10:40 PM
I do have a idea.I doubt i could attend but here goes.How about you do a like a new year style celebration theme.Maybe like when everyone comes in a costume but has to wear some sort mask with the costume(the type of mask they wear at fancy balls).Just an idea.

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-02-2003, 11:32 PM
.........I like it! Good idea. ^^ Thank you so much.

Koumori
12-03-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm not allowed to make anything else for myself until I finish the two other costumes I need for my Anime Boston group.

That said, there is some talk on the NECOSP list right now about hosting a fancy/original-dress party of some sort - maybe you might want to hook up with them if you're willing to host or organize such a thing. www.necosp.org

PatrickD
12-03-2003, 03:23 PM
I do have a idea.I doubt i could attend but here goes.How about you do a like a new year style celebration theme.

New Year's, huh? Hmmm...

Have you seen this?
http://firstnight.neanime.org/

Sweet~Pea
12-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Wow... I'm also usually bored on holiday vaca. I'd be up for going somewhere for a shoot. Someplace indoors would be nice. I don't know what you'd want for a theme, depends on the place I suppose. Anyways, keep me posted if this goes on.

I agree that you should put this on NE_COSP if you haven't already

Cheers!
-Christa

Ang
12-03-2003, 05:31 PM
We could possibly do a sort of a New Years Dress-up Masquerade Party. Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I'll be working both New Years Eve and New Years Day since I don't believe in going out that night because I wan't to actually LIVE to see another year.

We can plan a nice dinner somewhere if anything the weekend after. So if you have any nice venues in mind speak up. ^_^

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Well..Hm..A masquerade on one of the cold winter nights would be rather fun. It could possibly be a new years party-..We just don't have to have it on New Years.

Ang, I agree with you..I don't like to travel on New Year's Eve. The problem with having a party is..Where exactly would we have it? I mean I could ask my mom to have it at her house-..It's just that my aunt probably won't leave us alone..We could rent a hall, but that would probably be pretty expensive.

-.. I will add more to this post later. I must run to class now.

hikura
12-03-2003, 07:46 PM
.........I like it! Good idea. ^^ Thank you so much.
Your welcome.I do have one more idea along the same general idea i had before.How about a Mardi Gras style party?It is almost the same idea.I mean the masks with beads and costumes.If not the costumes you could go with the masks and beads and that would be good also.Relatively cheap.Just passing the idea long.*Puff mad hatter disappears with his crazy ideas*

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Your welcome.I do have one more idea along the same general idea i had before.How about a Mardi Gras style party?It is almost the same idea.I mean the masks with beads and costumes.If not the costumes you could go with the masks and beads and that would be good also.Relatively cheap.Just passing the idea long.*Puff mad hatter disappears with his crazy ideas*

...^-^;; Eheh...Something about showing my breasts off in some anime costume does not sound in the least bit appealing to me...Then again you'd have to drug me, and hold a gun to my head in order to get that to happen.-------- You do know that is what is supposed to go on during Mardi gras parties. You drink until you get drunk then you show your breasts to men in order to get beads. ..Which is so stupid I think.

How about a New years eve mascarade, and we'll have a bowl of BEAD necklaces for people to put on for the sake of putting them on.

Ang
12-03-2003, 09:26 PM
If this was Tampa, I would suggest Gasparilla, which is similar to Mardi Gras only more historical and non-religious.

So if we settle on this masquerade, I guess the only thing to do now is find a place to have it. My parents would say no before I even finish mentioning the word "party", even though I have plenty of space here. A university could have enough space though, we just need a student to see if it's possible.

hikura
12-03-2003, 10:08 PM
I did not mean the acutal style of mardi gras.I just meant nice costumes with masks and beads.Honestly i did not mean doing what they do in the real style of mardi gras.That stuff is to crazy.No offense meant.

Ang
12-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Heh, you should see the collection of beads I have from Gasparilla.

Er...

Ali
12-03-2003, 10:33 PM
ha ha ha... nice, Ang.

I'd be up for any of this... so I'll likely be at home whenever someone decides to host it. (In WI 'til Jan 11)

Kurthy133
12-04-2003, 10:56 AM
(im gonna throw my two cent in ^^)

i've always thought there should be a masquerade ball. something classy, rennaisannce-inspired, and you should have to wear a mask. thats my opinion ^_~

as for a place to hold it, im still thinking. we could rent a boat and be different? something like the spirit of boston? maybe its too cold for that.

list of function halls in boston for ideas - http://www.dininginmass.com/Halls/halls617_a_c.htm

Koumori
12-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Renting function space, boats, etc. is EXPENSIVE - trust me, I did event planning for a law firm at my last job. If you think you can get a whole LOT of people, and you think you can get them to pitch in with a fair amount of cash, then it might be worth exploring.

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-05-2003, 01:48 AM
I agree renting a place is really expensive, I highly doubt we could pull something off like that. Heh, and I know I'm not paying for all that out of my pocket..Nononosireebob.

PatrickD
12-06-2003, 02:39 AM
I agree renting a place is really expensive, I highly doubt we could pull something off like that. Heh, and I know I'm not paying for all that out of my pocket..Nononosireebob.

Once again, I'll suggest meeting up someplace where there will already be a bunch of anime fans...

...like here: http://firstnight.neanime.org/

Ang
12-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I'm not going ANYWHERE on New Year's Eve, especially Boston, home of the frustrated Kenmore Squares :waaaah: :drink: . I work both New Years Eve AND New Years Day, thats Holiday pay AND Holiday overtime for both days, DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF! *caching!* I can't lose free money this time of year, not when they start cutting back hours in January.

I think the weekend after New Years is just fine. If people want to attend the First Night Celebration, by all means go for it and GO IN COSTUME, hand out flyers and do all the shameless promo you can.

I'll look into some hotels around here and see what we can get. If we can get enough people interested I don't see why we couldn't afford a room at the Biltmore Hotel in Providence to have a small party.

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Once again, I'll suggest meeting up someplace where there will already be a bunch of anime fans...

...like here: http://firstnight.neanime.org/

..Honestly, I don't want anime fans , I want cosplayers or cosplayer/animefan. After all this is meant to be a photoshoot of some sort-..even if there is a party envolved, I don't want 95% "Animefans" and 5% cosplayers.

Also, I don't have time to be farting around on a new web page right now, so if anyone here wants to announce this idea on Neanime to cosplayers ONLY, then be my guest. Or if someone wants to make it a free for all, anyone thatl ikes anime can go..Then be my guest as well, ..Heck take over and run it yourself if you so desire.

Koumori
12-06-2003, 06:43 PM
I think if you are going to organize an event like this, then somebody just has to grab the reins, say s/he will be organizing, and do it. Otherwise, threads like this always turn into a hundred vague suggestions and no actual plans. So Vialoi, since you started this thread, are you volunteering to organize an event? If not, who else would like to do so?

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-07-2003, 06:27 PM
..-.- Well. I don't mind organizing a photoshoot with like seven people, but I am not organizing a party..Especially by myself. I've never organized a party before, my parents where never into parties, and I had no friends in highschool, so.. I had no parties in highschool. Hell, I didn't even have a graduation party. So, Therefore I cannot organize a party..A small "Social" with like maybe foods, masks, and drinks, and then lots of picture taking and stuff....Maybe ( Hell, if you think I'm supplying all the food you are highly mistaken.).. I'm not "taking the reins" for a party, when I said "photoshoot" .
I also asked people if they had any ideas. So, if this thread turns into a bundle of ideas and no actions because A) it's too complicated or B) it's too much money
Then so be it, it's not like I didn't try.

Sweet~Pea
12-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I definatly think it should be more of a photo shoot type of thing, personally. And if people wanted to do a party type thing as well it should be a "everyone-bring-a-dish" sort of thing. I understand where your coming from, Vialoi. I've hosted parties myself and it's way too stressful for one person.
Cheers
-Christa

digikoomi
12-07-2003, 08:36 PM
What? Party? Why is there a party? This should be a photoshoot, not a party. You need to pay more attention to your characters

Vialoi Ketsueke
12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Thank you Animechicky and Digikoomi. The idea of having a big party with anime people bouncing off the walls makes me feel sickly. HOWEVER, like I said a photoshoot with mascarade masks and what not would be great. Little snacks, and drinks would be okay great too. But not some big function..jeeez.. If it was a big function it would turn the photographer-..whom is me, into someone that takes pictures at a wedding..or worse! It would be like.......... A CONVENTION PHOTOSHOOT x.x

cyankirby
12-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Hey if one is organized in the Mass area I would definitly be interested and I think I could definitly bring some of my cosplayer friends too! :) As for organizing I'm a procratinator and that's usually not good for organizing things...

Ang
01-03-2004, 06:29 PM
I really need to come to this site more often.

Well, when I meant party, I didn't mean a fan-thing party...I've seen those parties. It's what you call con raves, which is NOT WHAT I WANT!!!

I'm still up for the formal shoot idea though, and plus we have the fairy shoot in the spring that I'm working to organize. On top of that, con season is starting up again, and I know that 90% of us have plans to attend Anime Boston this year. (Don't forget to pre-register!!! *hasn't done so herself*) So it's not like there isn't anything going on.

Vialoi Ketsueke
01-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, I'm going back to school tomorrow. So, this thread is of no use anymore. I'm a little sad nothing happened, but that's okay. Maybe some other time.