PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: AM2 2012 Dates!

ElCapitan
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
2012’s Most Anticipated Animation, Music and Manga Convention in Southern California to Be Held at the Anaheim Convention Center Over Father’s Day Weekend

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (September 14, 2011) – AM2, the team that brought 2011’s biggest Japanese concert series (which included Scandal, Sadie, heidi., Kanon Wakeshima and kanon x kanon and a plethora of amazing Official Guests of Honors), announces June 15-17 as the official event dates to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center and adjacent hotels. More info can be found at www.am2con.org

“Fans are going to be so thrilled with this announcement”, states Chase Wang AM2 representative, “AM2 was so successful in 2011 with over 8,000+ unique attendees (23,000+ in turnstile) that we are proud to bring back this amazing 3 day event that celebrates Japanese music, anime and manga! We hope everyone comes down and joins us for this truly amazing and fun fan event!”

Entrance to the event is free, but attendees can avoid the huge lines by obtaining a Passport fast pass for the event. The Passport fast pass will also provide holders with premier seating options at Main Events and at Concert events as well as major discounts with theme parks, retailers and local restaurants. Concert events are only accessible via a purchased Passport or concert ticket. Bypass the lines and get your Passport today and experience the difference!

Passport pricing (U.S. $) is as follows:

Passport Type 1 Day 2 Days 3 Days
Thru December 31st $25.00 $30.00 $40.00
Thru March 31st $25.00 $35.00 $45.00
Thru June 14th $30.00 $40.00 $50.00
At-con Sales $35.00 $45.00 $55.00

CLICK HERE TO PRE-REGISTER NOW!
Exhibitors interested in exhibiting at this event can email info@am2con.org for additional information and rates.

AM2 current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV’s, Arcade, Summer Festival, Behind the Voice Actors Studio, , Masquerade, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!

Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AM2Con

Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/AM2Con

About AM2

Located in Anaheim, California – AM2, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM2 will be held on June 15-17, 2012 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2con.org

Simmaria
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Awesome. Love the dates myself.

animejunkie
09-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Awesome...I will definitely be there for at least one day now that this con isn't on the same weekend as AX; I can't wait!

Toreadork
09-16-2011, 04:18 AM
So glad it isn't the same weekend as AX, I really wanted to go this past year, but AX was my priority. I'm going at least two of the days since I should probably spend Father's Day at home. xD

LelouchYamazaki
09-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice dates, time to start managing my schedules for summer 2012 already lol.

I do hope to see some awesome guests again this year since everyone has a better chance of seeing what they want.

I only imagine this growing now since its between Fanime and AX

09-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Why did they pick fathers day weekend...not bad for ppl who are local but I live in nor Cal and I wont be able to make it most likely.

@cons don't share same dates with family holidays

Eurobeat King
09-18-2011, 11:52 PM
@cons don't share same dates with family holidays

Father's Day isn't really a holiday.. :thumbsup:

And almost any holiday can be shared with family and conventions can still be scheduled on those dates: SakuraCon is on Easter, Fanime is on Memorial Day, Dragon*Con is on Labor Day, AX (this year) was on 4th of July, etc.

AM2 picked the best date that they could that isn't too soon after Fanime, and isn't too soon before AX.

Access
09-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah all things considered I don't think it's a bad date. I doubt you'll see any actual complaints about it. Also PMX is on Veteran's day weekend, Anime Conji and Wondercon are on Saint Patrick's Day weekend; it's almost the norm for cons around here to be on the same day as _something_.

sicdedman
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I like the Date for AM2 2 weeks before AX it's awesome!

I always get a Hotel for AX because it is almost 2 hours driving each way from me.
but for AM2 it's only an Hour each way from me so i can handle that drive everyday back and forth.

I can see what (Avatar Alvaang) is saying bout Sharing FATHER's DAY with Con. tech it is not a Holiday (BUT) it is a Day where you hang out with Dad go to dinner give gift ect.ect.
but i don't see why not to have the CON on Father's day.
Thanksgiving is a Holiday yet people go to the NFL game. or same with Hockey sometimes there is Hockey games on Christmas.

AM2 will be here again before we know it!

I think i will Cosplay as a Fathers Day Card!

MeiChama
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I do like the dates they chose. That means my friends and I can go there and check it out, and still go to AX. :'3

LelouchYamazaki
09-26-2011, 11:55 PM
im use to cons being held during holidays, almost all cons tend to be held on 3 day weekends all over so its a norm.

I love my dad and he knows it but Im usually out and around anyway especially since I'll be home for 4th of July next year for the family BBQ rather than tired or at AX. '

AM2 just gives more con options since its Fanime, AM2 then AX followed by Comic Con

shadowdragon13
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm considering going to this con next year since it's not on the same weekend as AX. :D

hachiko27
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm going for sure. I even paid for the three day badge just to experience all the stuff that isn't free.

Resident-chick
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Lol,Long Beach Comic Con was on hallowen owo

LelouchYamazaki
02-04-2012, 02:55 PM
This year is a pretty god year for con goers with money. Fanime, Am2, AX and Comic Con are about 2 weeks apart (expect for Fanime which is 4 weeks before AM2).

Alot of cons not too close together but offers different guests and experiences