PDA

View Full Version : Anime Hair Styles on Normal Hair?

HarlequinRose
09-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Has anyone else ever thought about having a anime-based hair style?
I was planning to attempt drill twin tails for my school's crazy hair day. I honestly can't wait to try it! Besides, it looks like an adorable style, I'd do it everyday if I had the time in the morning!
Anybody else thinking like this? Post your thoughts! :)

And maybe someone could give me some tips with the twintails? Pleasseee?

LoliLovely
09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Yep, I had my hair just like Yuna's for awhile. Looked pretty good actually :0

HarlequinRose
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Yuna from Final Fantasy? That sounds like a cool hair style to try! :D

The Seventh Sea
09-14-2011, 07:15 PM
You know that redhead from Code Geass? Kallen or something...

I've seen her hairstyle on plenty of ladies. Looks real nice.

BassPlayerNinja
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I had my hair cut like GUMI from the vocaloids XD ahhh i loved that hairstyle

Jei-Cos
09-14-2011, 07:20 PM
seems weird but mines was done on accident..im a guy tho so its more odd for me. but after i got my hair cut they didnt do it like i asked them. and i ended up realizing it looks a lot like Xion from Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Angel Miki
09-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I got my hair cut like Sakura for Cardcaptor Sakura. It looked nice with curly hair. :) Now it's just long hair. Lol I liked it as Sakura, but I hate short hair. Might try for a long-haired Haruhi Suzumiya soon.

aiyua
09-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Next time someone tries Axel from KH, call me.

But otherwise, I kind of wanna try out a Kairi-esque style, or maybe Aqua?

Squeaker-Ed
09-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I've tried Princess Sakura's hirstyle from Tsubasa Chronicles. :3 It was good while it lasted, but when it got a bit longer it just started looking odd on me. XD

My current haircut is a mix between Shuichi Shindou's style from Gravitation and movie!Utena Tenjou's style from Revolutionary Girl Utena the Movie. X3

Echosong
09-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I've actually had a few ^^"

My hair used to be like Hinata Hyuuga's (pre-Shippuden) for a while, except for the fact that it was blonde.

And then just recently it was like Xion's from Kingdom Hearts.

Zymod
09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
zelda from twilight princess, reno from FF7AC, kairi from KH, Teto from vocaloid once, yeah........ at the moment... its just long. waist length. feral. i hate it.

Kuriin
09-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Twin drills would be adorable. :'D In 6th grade I got my hair cut like Haruhi Suzumiya but that's completely normal... now it looks very much like Natsuo >>

Arc_The_Lad
09-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm too badass for anime hair.

spifferniffer
09-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I've had Yuna hair before, but that's on the normal side XD. When my hair was bright red, I slicked it back Jessie-style a couple times. I've also had Sasuke hair, but that's just too much effort to maintain XD.

Sybren117
09-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I do my hair like my profile pics every day :)

but this thread seems to be more for girls. BOOO

BisectedBrioche
09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I wanted to spike my hair up when I was little, but I could never find a strong enough gel.

I keep finding that my hair keeps turning into a a cat/owl ears style (the sort where it sticks out to the side above one's ears, that you get on people who are supposed to be cat-like without actually having cat traits) if it grows past my ears and I don't comb it though (because of the way my headphones fold it over my ears, I think). I find it annoying but I don't really put much effort into my hair so it's my own fault really.

Convulsive
09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
one time I did axel to my hair.
never went out in public.
Took 3 washes to get out.
NEVER AGAIN

Eleksin
09-19-2011, 11:06 PM
I had my hair cut like Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa once. My hairdresser said that she had never seen anyone cut their hair where there were two parts longer than the rest of the hair but it was weird enough that she decided to do it. It didn't end up looking a lot like Sakura's in the end, but it was probably the time I was happiest with how my hair was. Right now I'm in the process of growing it long again and I kinda miss that time with Sakura hair.

Ragtime Mouth
09-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Not anime, but comic, Tank Girl! Though I didn't do it at first for her, I just got very,very sick of dealing with my hair in the humid hell weather. So, I told my husband to shave most of it off. Though it's sucks not to have hair for some cosplays, I just can't stand fizzy humid hair.

policegirl01
09-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I keep my hair short, so I can do a lot of the shorter hair styles.

TMLiza
09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
I've had my hair cut in Gumi's style for a cosplay and I kept it until my hair grew out. It was okay but it didn't look that great on my hair if it wasn't straightened.

Lithium Flower
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
When I was around 17 I brought in a picture of Motoko Kusanagi to the hairstylist, and she absolutely loved it and gave me as close to the style as a human being could get (minus the purple). I don't even think I have pictures of it anymore, but everyone I met really liked it. Now-a-days I prefer my hair a bit on the shorter side but don't think I'd be going for a style like that again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_Motoko_Kusanagi. png

magesticflame
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Next time someone tries Axel from KH, call me.

i'm with you on that XD

i had yuna's hair for a while but then it grew

Myaa
09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Hime-type cut. It's black & getting past mid-back, so I may resemble Yuuko Ichihara or Enma Ai. Without the crazy colored eyes.
If I was blonde, I could've been beatrice. *shrug*

Trying to come up with ways to wear this. ^^;

Ragtime Mouth
09-21-2011, 06:43 AM

Hmm.. but I've had my hair like that before, and I'm a girl.
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/283/original/philosoraptor.jpg

Sybren117
09-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Hmm.. but I've had my hair like that before, and I'm a girl.
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/283/original/philosoraptor.jpg

My masculinity just went down a notch.

Squeaker-Ed
09-21-2011, 05:19 PM

And? Just because we style our hair more than guys usually, that doesn't mean they (or you) should feel left out on here. :3

Besides, your hair looks cool~. =D

Le EDIT: HOW THE FUCK DID I FORGET THIS?!!

I've also done sausage/banana/whateverthefucktheyare curls in my hair, like Juri Arisugawa's hair (kinda~) and I loved them. <3
(See pic: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Full-Moon-Hostess56/Photoon2010-11-19at00023.jpg )
But my best friend didn't, so when I got my haircut she basically straight up said she was glad that I couldn't do the curls anymore. Asshole. -_-

Ragtime Mouth
09-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Hey, to each their own. I wretch at the sight of another buzzcut, doesn't look more or less manly.. just creepy. At least some of you guys are keeping a hold of your beautiful hair. If you're not going bald, you better freaking enjoy it. Kudos to you, you're not any less manly, just more privileged you can pull something like that off.

MommaUrsa
09-21-2011, 09:41 PM

I've had my hair like that, too. xD But I second what Ragtime Mouth said. :P It looks very nice on you, and not girlish in any way.

Let's see. Most of these were unintentional, but they were very anime-ish. xD
I've had my hair cut like Toon Link's. I always woke up with bedhead that looked like Roxas hair. e__e; That style was unintentional, but it worked for my Link cosplay. :'D
I got my hair cut like Aya's from Ayashi no Ceres, and I had it cut and dyed for KH2 Kairi. When I was in middle school, I tried to get my hair like Kagome's, but that didn't work out.

Right now, my hair looks a lot like Ange's from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, and I have styled my hair like hers a few times, with part of my hair up, and the rest down. It's that shade of red, too. Before it grew out to where it is now, it looked a lot like Ichigo's from Tokyo Mew Mew. Well, her hair when she isn't transformed. And it's that lovely shade of red. <3
okay, so maybe I like red hair.

kuroki-neko
09-22-2011, 01:44 PM
i have my hair like squalls from kingdom hearts 2 i just need help on styling it right.

aishizuki
09-22-2011, 03:26 PM
My hair's cut out as a usual Japanese boyband cut... XD Although the inspiration for this was Bigbang's GD, people kept saying it looked like a Bieber haircut. ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Well, that was when it was shorter. Oh well.
Does the hair remind you of any anime/manga character? I'm curious~ (^-^*)/コンチャ!

When styled unintentionally (like when combing through the hair randomly, or just about to wake up), I get a lot of different styles... The most recent was Uchiha Sasuke's hairstyle... in brown. Yes, chicken!butt hair in brown. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281415_1684471890062_1785580425_1082295_2686838_n. jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312019_1723410023491_1785580425_1124888_5415116_n. jpg

Stina006
09-22-2011, 07:56 PM
I've had mine unintentionally look like Rei Ayanami, Hinata-Naruto-, Haruhi, Haruhi -ohhc-, Yuna, Yuna X-2....most of the normal hairstyles aren't that difficult to imitate. But some people don't look good with a certain hairstyle.

MurasakiTsukiyo
09-24-2011, 04:46 AM
I had mine as Hinamori Momo's for a while but of course, that style is much more common that other hair styles. ^__^