PDA

View Full Version : Oh!My Goddess

lialia
12-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Ok well since there seems to be quite a few people interested in doing an Oh!My Goddess group, I thought I'd start a thread so we can get all organized so maybe we could all wear them at the same time.

I myself am making it my goal to get in shape and go as the mildly risque Belldandy-tsukai combo.

obviously repeats are allowed so come in and post what youre going to be and ill keep it updated in this first post

Date= Friday

Belldandy=Kurthy133
Black Belldandy-tsukai=Lialia
Battlesuit Belldandy(tentative)=Ali
Manga Belldandy(maybe)=Makonurikoryoko
Peorth=Lil
Urd=Animechicky
Skuld=animechicky's friend kimmy
Hild=Zan/Sarielchan
Celestin=Silence_glaive
Mara=Hotaru Kou
Welsper=Aya
Keichi=Dragonrage/Hikura
Aoshima=Rukawa

Kurthy133
12-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks Lialia! yeah i definately think we began hogging the costume board a little too much! ^_~

i'll be bringing my two Belldandy costumes (blue version, and casual movie) and another secret Bell costume that i'm making for Katsu. i don't know which one i'll be bringing to the photoshoot -but we'll see! <3

if you are keeping tabs on who is coming Zan/Sarielchan will bring her Hild
^____^

can't wait to see you guys there!
http://www.smallwish.com

Dragonrage
12-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Of course count me in as Keichi, I'm so excited now its not even funny! All the K1 patches and the spify hair.

Rukawa
12-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Guess I could be Aoshima then =P

Lil
12-01-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm doing Peorth Brahahaha! Are we going into the cosplay as a group too or jus' looking pretty? I'm guessing you'll want to do it Fri.

Dragonrage
12-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh the joy of the possible havoc we could cause, all of us storming causing mass confusion. It'll be a wonderful thing... Ok that's enough of my rant of joy, but seriously shall we do a photoshoot friday? Didn't someone on the other thread also mention about being Urd?

Koumori
12-05-2003, 11:48 PM
I'll have Urd, Skuld and Belldandy as a masq entry.

Ali
12-08-2003, 02:09 AM
I think I'll be doing Belldandy's battlesuit, but I'm not sure... all depends on how well the costume travels. (And the wig... eep.)

makonurikoryoko
12-15-2003, 04:16 PM
oo awesome!!! XD I dlove to see all of you >< ::prays that she will be able to go::
Maybe I shoul dbring my manga Belldandy.. ::contemplates::
Lia Lia, you're going to look great in that costume! XD Don't worry about getting into shape, you're too cute already!

Silence Glaive
12-15-2003, 08:57 PM
You've got your Celestin right here...after 2 years I'm sure I can still pull it off. lol. If you want to see pics, just check my gallery.

Sweet~Pea
12-15-2003, 09:08 PM
dragonrage: I mentioned that I may be an Urd, acturally :) (I believe)

Question: Would this just be at the convention or would anyone be willing to walk over to the public gardens for a small outdoor shoot? If it's nice out.
Cheers
-Christa :japan:

Ali
12-15-2003, 09:56 PM
I'd be up for that.

Now I really got to work on transporting that wig...anyone got advice for transporting a Belldandy wig on a plane?

Koumori
12-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Now I really got to work on transporting that wig...anyone got advice for transporting a Belldandy wig on a plane?

I transported mine to A-Kon and back last year pretty successfully. I just put her up in her hairnets, pinned her very securely to her wig head, and packed her in a plain cardboard box that was the right size so she didn't slide around much. She needed some combing out on the other end, but she usually does.

Lil
12-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Or... If your as nuts as me... I'd just wear the thing on the plane... along with the costume.... and wave to people... hehehehehehehehehehehe. Brahahahahah! (yes I really would!) I wore my Peorth wig around Walmart the other day. It was quite entertaining.

lialia
12-16-2003, 05:00 PM
oooh sweeet! look at the great group we got going :D just imagine the the mayhem we will cause O.o

After reading thru the posts, I gathered that everyone would most likely want to do this on the friday right?

Silence Glaive
12-16-2003, 08:55 PM
While Celestin is usually my Saturday costume, I could certainly move it back to Friday if that is what the group wants. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Kurthy133
12-16-2003, 11:07 PM
any day is good for me ^_______^

<3

Lil
12-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Hmm.. whatever everyone else wants to do. My Peorth is gonna be the better of my 3 costumes so I'm going to base my other costume days off what day I need to wear Peorth.

Dragonrage
12-19-2003, 11:28 PM
dragonrage: I mentioned that I may be an Urd, acturally :) (I believe)

Question: Would this just be at the convention or would anyone be willing to walk over to the public gardens for a small outdoor shoot? If it's nice out.
Cheers
-Christa :japan:

They have a public gardens close by!? I want to take some really nice artistic nature pictures then if anyone else is willing to come. It'll be a cool photoshoot to do.

Studmaster
12-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Yeah the garden is like a block away. Friday is fine with me, lucky its an easy outfit ^^;

Rukawa
12-20-2003, 02:13 AM
bah forgot to switch SN with Stud there. ~_~

makonurikoryoko
12-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Friday would be better for me

Dragonrage
12-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Friday seems like a great day for the group to get together for random mayhem and pictures. Because of the close likeness of my other costume just a quick shower some temp hair dye and styling gel and I'll be keichi on call if anyone wants me to hang around then and have some fun being insane. I do like the idea of a garden photoshoot, my artistic mind is run wild with all the cool things i can take pictures of. I hope no one minds if I play the part of my character and run away in fear at times get knocked to the ground.

Koumori
12-22-2003, 05:47 PM
I don't think we'll be able to make your group, as I'd rather not wear my masq entry around on Friday. Have fun!

Silence Glaive
12-22-2003, 11:43 PM
My only real issue with wearing Celestin on Friday is...well...the guest of honor. If they're going to do a signing, it's probably going to be on Saturday. If I'm going to wear Celestin, I would love the character designer of the movie to see it. Just a thought.

Koumori
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
I don't believe they've made any final announcements about guests yet. Or non-final ones for that matter.

Silence Glaive
12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
According to the Katsucon website, he's coming. And having staffed so many conventions, I know that normally guests aren't announced until they are confirmed, it's bad form to have to make constant cancellations. Believe what you will, but I'm going to just assume they're coming for the time being.

Koumori
12-23-2003, 02:15 PM
According to the Katsucon website, he's coming.

Right... but this thread is for Anime Boston. :)

Kurthy133
12-23-2003, 06:18 PM
lol. it's ok adam *pat pat* ^^

*cheers for the big 100th post*

Sweet~Pea
12-23-2003, 09:10 PM
kurty-*congrads on the 100th post ;)*
My two cents... I agree with friday as well:) Usually Friday isn't quite as hecktic (sp?). There regs. and all but not a whole lot "major" (in my opinion) happened on friday last year. Oh yes and My friend Kimmy has a Skuld Cosplay I believe she is bring to AB04 (got to check with her, but pretty sure) so Urd will bring Skuld along to the shoot as well :japan:
Cheers
-Christa

Silence Glaive
12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Okay, I'll just go bury myself in embarrassment now...so...yeah...Friday is great for me. *jumps off the roof*

hikura
12-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Ok time to throw my two cents in*ping ping*.I am doing a simple keichi.From when he appears for the first in the manga.So anytime will be good for me.

lialia
12-24-2003, 02:51 AM
Okay so Friday it is, a time will be decided as the con comes closer. all we need is a Mara and a Rind now :)

Kurthy133
12-24-2003, 10:50 AM
coolness - maybe i can get in touch with my friend, megumi, who has done rind before ^_^

<3

Poisonous Intent
12-24-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, my friend Aya and I will go as Mara and Welsper. ^_^ SD Demons to wreak havoc.

Dragonrage
12-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Its great they we have nearly all the major players. As like LiaLia said we have all the time in the world now for the photoshoot, I was thinking on having two for at the con and then the one at the gardens because it'll be awesome. We got a welsper too! that's so awesome!

lialia
12-25-2003, 12:46 PM
*jumps up and down*

eee a mara and a welsper! awesomeness

Sweet~Pea
12-25-2003, 05:28 PM
This sounds like it's going to be a great group *jumps for joy ;) *
*thinks to herself "now the tough chose of which version of Urd I want to do, lol" *
Cheers
-Christa

Silence Glaive
12-25-2003, 06:03 PM
*laughs* Well, you could always take it up a notch and do Hild instead.

Dragonrage
12-27-2003, 11:49 PM
I think the pre-Hild Urd formal costume would be cool but that's just my opinnin. By the way does anyone know where to get translations for the books after the rind arc?

lialia
02-16-2004, 01:32 AM
ok now that Katsu is over Its time to focus on AB!

so still looking for a few more characters, I think it would be great to find people to do the goddess' angels and such and maybe a few more human characters ;)

Kurthy133
02-17-2004, 04:04 AM
ok, maybe you guys have seen it, maybe not...

i would really love to bring along my banpei to the shoot - but i have no way of getting him there - i really dont want the hassle and cost of a taxi like i did for katsu -___-;

what do you guys think?

Sweet~Pea
02-17-2004, 07:27 AM
That would be really cool, if you could get him there easily somehow:)
Cheers
-Christa

makonurikoryoko
02-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I want you to bring Banpei soooo badly!! Its sooooo cute!! XD I must see him!!

Silence Glaive
02-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Well, I will be up there on Thursday for the con, so if you want me to give you a hand with him, just say so and I can make a side trip. We will have more than enough room in the car for you and Lord Banpei (lol)

Ali
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
coolness - maybe i can get in touch with my friend, megumi, who has done rind before ^_^

<3

That's so nuts that you know this chick. She lives something like 15 minutes from me (back home, that is...) and is one of the small handful of NoBrand attendees...

I'm still in shock. The world is crazy. ^_^

(And, if at all managable (and cheap) you should bring Banpei!!) (best prop ever....)

Kurthy133
02-17-2004, 01:29 PM
That's so nuts that you know this chick. She lives something like 15 minutes from me (back home, that is...) and is one of the small handful of NoBrand attendees...

I'm still in shock. The world is crazy. ^_^

LOL! i know! such a small world, ne? I hope she can make it to AB this year with her Rind (and if we are even luckier) she can bring her friends that were Cool Mint and Spear Mint!

^____^

Poisonous Intent
02-17-2004, 11:13 PM
wow, I would love to see your Banpei f you can get him to the con safely, it would totally enhance the shoot. ^_^ Though it's not so good for me since Banpei is the "anti-Mara tactical strike robot" -_-;

Dragonrage
02-19-2004, 09:25 PM
I think at AB will be so awesome I dunno if any any of the other days will be as good than that friday with the whole group together. Is anyone going to the dance? My group will be there thrusday too so if you need help with Banpei I'll lend a hand.

Ali
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh, those Cool Mint and Spear Mint costumes are so cool up close. And they wore them in MARCH! in WISCONSIN! (it was like: "I don't know what they're dressed as, but they're my heroes...")

Oooh... I hope we can find a way to get Banpei to the photoshoot... sounds like we have a lot of volunteers! I mean, at least you won't have to pack him up in a giant box this time, right? ^_^

(hmmm... I gotta get cracking on that Belldandy costume, don't I? aaaagh...)

Rukawa
02-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I doubt Banpei will even have room to move around at the con. Mostly last year it wasn't even as easy to get around. You can already see bad things happen to him if its brought since its so fragile. I mean even at Katsu I y hit one peice of him and it was a slight contact. But then its Kurthy's choice ^_^

dressdragn
02-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I've linked this thread in the Anime Boston events, photo shoots and gatherings thread. So if you change the date/time of your even please up date it there. Also when you decied on a specific time and location to meet up, please post it there.

Thank you and good luck with your omg cosplay,

~Anna

Ali
03-17-2004, 01:29 PM
woo hoo! Finally finished my Belldandy AND transported it back to Boston (wig 'n all). I can't wait to get pics with all you guys! Just have a few costume kinks I need to work out, but I'm glad I won't be sewing it right up until the morning of the con. ^^

Lil
03-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Shall we all decide on a time? I think before noon would be best.

Poisonous Intent
03-21-2004, 01:02 PM
most con activities start at 10:00 and keeping it before noon is a good idea. 10:30 or 11 sound reasonable?

Sweet~Pea
03-21-2004, 06:29 PM
11 would be better for me. I'm taking the train in that morning from Kingston.
Cheers
-Christa

Lil
03-21-2004, 07:21 PM
I like 11. It's eaisier to time.

Kurthy133
03-21-2004, 09:32 PM
can it be 11? pleasie... it takes me so long to get into costume XP

Poisonous Intent
03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Hehe, 11's good 4 me, maybe we should try and think of a meeting place too?

Sweet~Pea
03-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Hehe, 11's good 4 me, maybe we should try and think of a meeting place too?

Well, who's up to going to the park for pictures as I suggested a while's back? If so we could meet in the lobby or out front and all walk over there.
Cheers
-Christa

Kurthy133
03-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Sounds wonderful~ let's meet in the main lobby, since we will all know where that is, and take a stroll...

I think the park would be very pretty - i can't wait for spring and flowers *_*
<3

Poisonous Intent
03-23-2004, 04:19 PM
alright 11 in the main lobby sounds great.

animechicky2040: do you possibly know if they have places to change at the park? I made 2 mara costumes. just wondering.

Sweet~Pea
03-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm not entirely sure, to tell you the truth. :japan: Although, the hotel is quite a short walk to the the park so you may be able to run back to the hotel, change and return;if you needed to.
Cheers
-Christa

Kurthy133
03-23-2004, 09:48 PM
do you possibly know if they have places to change at the park? I made 2 mara costumes. just wondering.

they most certainly do - one side for guys and the other for girls ^^

ok guys, i need opinions x__x i'm not sure what Bell costume to wear to the shoot - i just figured the blue one, but now i'm considering mini-bell... for consistency should i just be in the blue one? ugh o__x

what do you think? lookie in my gallery - thanks a bunch!
<3

Dragonrage
03-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I think meeting at 11am in the main lobby would be a good idea, and then we can decide to try and go to the park afterwards, and decide if we want to be this massive group hanging around together (that would be cool but I think everywhere we went would would get 50million pictures of us which i think is awesome! :D) I had a lot ideas for some cool park pictures if people could humor me and my artist ways. (check out my gallery for the resent photoshoot I did of a belldandy if anyone want to use that for ideas of pictures for themselves) I think it would be awesome to hang out as a group for a while then break off into our own things then hang out as a group again later on. Will anyone be going to the dance too?

Poisonous Intent
03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
thanx for the infor, but thinking about it a rather not lug my mini-mara wedding dress to this con, since my friend's not coming as gan-chan. ^_^ So i won't be needing to change. I'll also be going to the dance and hopefully if the weather's nice I can take a couple of black and white photographs at the park for my photo class of the group. Kurthy, I personally love your blue goddess bell dress, but your mini goddess one is cute too. 'll be going in a mini-mara costume, but I wish my firend was coming ' could've done a mini-goddess piccy with gan-chan.

Dragonrage
03-26-2004, 01:11 AM
Lil, Myself and our little group was wondering if anyone else will be there thrusday that would like to hang out and look for local close eateries. And then get our passes that night at 7pm.

Ali
03-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Lil, Myself and our little group was wondering if anyone else will be there thrusday that would like to hang out and look for local close eateries. And then get our passes that night at 7pm.

I won't be in costume then, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to pick up my pass after class on Thurs. ^_^ So I'll try to find you to say hi, at least.

Dragonrage
03-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I won't be in costume then, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to pick up my pass after class on Thurs. ^_^ So I'll try to find you to say hi, at least.

LOL we won't be running around in costume thursday... umm well I know I won't but someone else in the group I'm with might be 0.o that would be cool to talk to you ali give us some hints on where to eat and where not. and you can get a sneak peek at the Artshow pieces we have of Oh! My goddess.

Kurthy133
03-29-2004, 04:51 AM

I think Id like to do the same - Id really like to beat the masses and get my pass early ^^;

I have class until 5 on Thursday - wanna go out to eat? Ali and I both really like eating at Shilla - its a nice japanese restaurant in Boston <3 there is always places in chinatown to eat too if you arent a big sushi fan ^^

but i :heart: sushi
XD

Ali
03-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Oh man... now we *have* to do that. ^_^
I have class til 5, too... we could probably meet at Harvard Square after that... get some food, then head over and register... or the other way around... I'm up for either, as long as I get more mochi ice cream. ^_^

Lil
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Unfortunatly for me it's passover, so the only restraunt I'd be able to eat in is Vegan.
-_-0

Ali
03-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Could you just eat the veggie tempura? (like I plan to do... I'm not a huge fan of sushi ^^;... )
If not, I know a few vegan places. I can get the names and locations of a few more for ya. I think there are a few downtown... in easy walking distance from the con, too. ^_^

Lil
03-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Could you just eat the veggie tempura? (like I plan to do... I'm not a huge fan of sushi ^^;... )
If not, I know a few vegan places. I can get the names and locations of a few more for ya. I think there are a few downtown... in easy walking distance from the con, too. ^_^

Rice and breaded veggies are no good. (At least I think rice isn't kosher for passover I gotta check). The batter they use on the fried veggies isn't kosher. And Niether would be the cookware. The reason for vegan restaurant is that none of the cookware has had meat and cheese mixed. Normally I wouldn't even care about that, but it's passover. If rice is ok I could eat sushi because there is not meat/cheeze used on that cookware. If I go to a vegan restaurant I could order mixed veggies with no beans and perhaps some salmon. If I could find a Kosher deli, if they are open, I could get some kosher meat everyday and make a sandwich with the matzah I'm bringing.

neoangelwink
03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
ooh ^^ can i join too.

lialia
03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
of course you can the more the merrier ^^

Kurthy133
04-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Carrie, if you are joining, are you wearing your Belldandy costume or something else? If you wearing Bell, then i'll wear Mini- Bell <3

^_^

neoangelwink
04-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Carrie, if you are joining, are you wearing your Belldandy costume or something else? If you wearing Bell, then i'll wear Mini- Bell <3

^_^

i will be wear one i wore for katuson. mine is basic on the figure limited Edition veritant figure1 and little touch of the cover page of vol.17 oh my goddess traveler on the back of the dress.u look great in both also bring out the goddess with in u so wondful. ^_^
im very happy i get be with very one for oh my godess shoot. becouse i was mostly dizzy on satday at katuscon.

Kurthy133
04-02-2004, 05:48 AM
oh i can't wait to see you again! <3 i guess i'll bring both! what the heck, right?

XD

Dragonrage
04-02-2004, 10:53 PM
ooh ^^ can i join too.

You should have said you were going to boston On the PSA forum, we'll be more then glad to see you and hang out with you.

TheAnarCHris
04-02-2004, 11:52 PM

^_^

Yes, I demand cute poofy action from K-chan! This is usually the part where I would say I'd be cosplaying K-1 opposite of N.A.W., but seeing how I've promised Number 18 I'd cosplay Trunks for her since like animeNEXT, I gotta do that instead. But when is said PS, I do wanna take photos.

Rukawa
04-03-2004, 10:14 PM
haha don't we all Chris

Silence Glaive
04-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Boy, I've been out of it for a while...I forgot that AB was coming up until 3 days ago. Silly me.

Okay, let me just make sure I've got this right. Friday at 11 in the lobby, right?

Hmmm...if I'm doing Celestin on Friday, I might actually bring out Clari for Saturday...much to think about.

neoangelwink
04-04-2004, 12:13 AM
oh i can't wait to see you again! <3 i guess i'll bring both! what the heck, right?

XD
yes ^_^ indeed

TheAnarCHris
04-04-2004, 01:13 AM
haha don't we all Chris
We're all in debt to number 18....damn!

TheAnarCHris
04-07-2004, 02:18 AM
I come bearing news from everyone's favorite poofy Belldandy cosplayer (aka Kurthy)

The AMG! ps has been pushed back til 1/1:15 to accomidate all the out of towners schedules. Same location though.

Kurthy133
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
I hope this is ok with you guys? let me know if not. i actually have class on Friday morning that i can't get out of x____x *bows* gomen! ;____;

Carrie and Starwind had both told me that they werent gonna be able to come because of the early time as well. but having it later in the day would enable them to join.

But! because this is a last minute request, we can stick with our previous time if its better with all of you guys *sorry to be a bother*
<3

makonurikoryoko
04-07-2004, 12:45 PM
:3 uh wheres is the location? I am scurrying around with schoolwork so i cant really go through the thread to find it. Sorry I suck! :D But if its at 1 I will probably be there

Kurthy133
04-07-2004, 12:57 PM
*lol* that's fine Makonnurikoryoko! I can't even believe we've made almost 10 pages about this event! how did that happen? O.o

I think we are all gonna meet in the huge main lobby and walk to the public gardens from there.

lialia
04-07-2004, 01:01 PM
unfortunately its supposed to rain on friday :( i may still drag my freezing bum out ther cause i guess the over cast dreary day would make for some good incharacter shots... but itd definately be short and sweet for me

Silence Glaive
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Rain = Bad....

The later time on Friday actually works better for me. And besides, at that point, there will be more people there, and more people = more pictures. Always good!

Sweet~Pea
04-07-2004, 10:20 PM
My only comment "bring an umbrella" lol
See you all on Friday.
Cheers
-Christa

Dragonrage
04-13-2004, 01:15 PM
I got some pictures from the shoot up in my gallery I'm just waiting to see if I get more space to upload more pictures.

neoangelwink
04-14-2004, 01:08 AM
sadly i miss the shoot ;___; do bad time on the road.

Ali
04-14-2004, 02:48 AM
'Twas a pleasure meeting you later, though. ^_^

makonurikoryoko
04-14-2004, 08:49 AM
yeah we arrived at 5 on friday so no shoot for me! Ah well the photos look lovely guys!