PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden III

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
10-28-2002, 03:41 AM
The game came out a few days ago and I'm hooked (The original Suikoden was always my favorite console RPG so it's a given I'd be hooked on III as well). The game is superb and one thing I noticed is the absolutely huge potential for cosplayers in this game what with 108 very unique main characters. Is anyone planning on doing any Suikoden III cosplay?

Oh god I just had a fanboy moment. NOOOOOO!

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 09:33 AM
Yes! We have the destroyers planned for AX!

I think Celine will be Sera, Shad will be Sasarai, I will be Yuber, and I forgot who will be Luc and Albert...

We should plan a huge SuikoIII group!

Hungryjack
10-28-2002, 10:04 AM
I am so close to finishing KH. I had to force myself to put Suikoden down when I was checking it out at the game store last week. I cannot wait to jump into this game!

Celine
10-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Ehee, Admin. ^_^ Suikoden is something you should be proud to be a fan of! I had a moment when a certain doctor character showed up that I wasn't expecting to see...

I'm sure lots of people will be doing S3 cosplay. Er, at least, I HOPE so... there were never enough S1 and S2 cosplayers. I am definitely doing Sarah. Someone on these boards is doing Lilly. I'm trying to talk one of my friends into doing Hugo, because I'm in love with his character design.

Sami
10-28-2002, 11:26 AM
I hope to do Lilly for one of these crazy cons.. of course, Culgan is trying to fixate itself in my head in her place.. and there's always Millie.. or even McDohl.. GRAH! Too many damn characters! Thank you, Konami! :D :D :D

ElfEater
10-28-2002, 01:53 PM
Gragh I wanna play this game so bad but Im still trying to go thru Kingdom Hearts! ^_^ We got commissioned to make a costume from it not too long ago, "Fire Hero". I was looking around trying to find pics and cam across some other really cute designs! There are soo many characters! While looking around, I also found a cosplay site that these people wanted to make every character from Suikoden..or something! ^_^

Fire Hero: (and me looking like a freakin boy! -_-)
http://shop.elfeater.com/galleries/firemonk02.jpg

Sami
10-28-2002, 01:55 PM
OOH, that costume came out so nice!! *awe*awe*

Speaking of Suikoden cosplay, a friend of mine and myself were tooling around with the idea of making a Suikoden cosplay site, and trying to find as many Suikoden cosplayers as we could.. it's in the works, but moving very very slowly. ^^;;;

Celine
10-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Sami, are you serious? I've been talking to some friends for months about making a Suikoden cosplay site. It needs to be done! If yours is already in the works, any chance you are looking for any help? There are lots of Suikoden cosplayers out there (I have tons! gotta catch 'em all and whatnot)... I used to have a collection of Suikoden pics somewhere on my computer that I could dig up if you wanted.

ElfEater, nice job on the Fire Hero! Play Suikoden! Do cool costumes from it! You won't be disappointed. ^_^

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Oooh a Suikoden cosplay site, what a great idea! I'd love to pitch in and help! =)

Hungryjack
10-28-2002, 02:37 PM
from ign.com:

"With the jump to 3D, Suikoden not only sports the best visuals in the series' history, but also the best character designs. Detailed and appropriately fantastic, the unique cast of characters begs your attention. From the exquisite costumes given to Hugo and Chris to the outlandish wackiness of Sgt. Joe and Landis, the art direction in an RPG hasn't been this good since Xenogears in 1998. (Save for Lulu in FFX, she ranks up there as one of the best designs ever)."

-----

Despite the fact that I said I wouldn't, I broke down after reading this review and bought it during lunch. Looks like there's going to be lots of cosplay potential in this one. :juggler:

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 03:14 PM
> but also the best character designs

From what I've seen trolling around Suikosource, I beg to disagree with that review, as Suikoden II undoubtedly takes the cake. Or at least, it has a higher numbers of unique designs that made me go "WOW".

> Save for Lulu in FFX, she ranks up there as one of the best designs ever

I always wondered what the deal was with Lulu. Chris to me is a much more impressive design, and Seed trumps it easily when it comes to originality. I think Seed and Nash (both in their Gaiden versions) are my favorite Suiko character designs.

Celine
10-28-2002, 03:28 PM
>Suikoden II undoubtedly takes the cake. Or at least, it has a higher numbers of unique designs

Yes. Look at the number of S3 characters who are dead-ringers for S2 characters. It's kind of silly. Yoshino's daughter looks EXACTLY like Yoshino. Then there are those two girls who look exactly like Meg (that new girl with Gadget) & Millie (Mel, the hand puppet girl). The man in the coat (Albert?) looks just like Seed. As nifty as Chris is, she looks exactly like all the other Zexen knights.

I do give them credit for some truly awesome designs like Hugo and Lucia, though. As we *expect* from Suikoden, there's a lot of attention given to detail. ^_^ And some new and exciting characters- like the horse cowgirl chick with the giant pink hat.

Sami
10-28-2002, 03:59 PM
> Yes. Look at the number of S3 characters who are dead-ringers for S2 characters.

Agreed. Even while looking at character pics (and trying not to spoil anything!), there was some guy that looked JUST like Miklotov.. and for the longest time I thought "Man in Coat" WAS Seed, and I was so very excited. ^_^ I also agree that Lucia has one of the most awesome character designs! I'm glad the Karaya play a bigger part in this one, they were pretty neat. And Sergeant Joe is just cool. Come on, who couldn't love an armored duck? :D

I seem to remember two of the character names being Samus and Reed.. and I couldn't help but think of Camus and Seed.. at the very least, they could have gone without the goofy rhyming. ^^;

As for the friend in question, he goes by the name Clive Van Houten (and is a pretty prominent figure in the Suikoden fandom), and he's generously offered to host the site at his webspace, suikocastle.com. We've been chatting about it for some time, and I'm actually going to e-mail him today about starting work on it because I'm all excited now (yay!!), and I would DEFINITELY love the help! I'd pay you in cookies!! It seems to me that there's so much Suikoden cosplay, but it's just not.. really out there, yet. *making no sense?*

Celine
10-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Small world! Clive actually emailed me about it a few weeks ago... ^^ craziness. But, yeah, definitely, having a group of people would probably help everyone to be motivated. Whoo! Though, if you want to pay in cookies, I'm not complaining. XD

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Isn't Clive the Albert cosplayer too? LOL

> and for the longest time I thought "Man in Coat" WAS Seed, and I was so very excited.

Yup that character is a dead ringer for Seed, and even dresses in the same type of clothes... come on they could at least have done without the stripes!

It gets worse... there was this guy in a mask that dressed just like Culgan and had gray hair and his description was that he used to be part of a comedy trio shrouded in mystery and my mind just went... "Seed, Culgan and Solon Jee! The Highland comedy trio!"

*is insane*

ME-MANIA-Sama
10-28-2002, 05:33 PM
I sadly haven't gotten the chance to play Suikoden III yet 'cuz I just got Wild ARMs 3, which came out like 3 days prior to Suikoden III.... and aghhhhh! I must perfect my Suikoden II data still! Anyway, anybody got any opinions on it yet? I assume most of you are halfway or more through by now.

JoeBoeing
10-28-2002, 05:38 PM
I want to play Suikoden III but my sister won't let me play her PS2 and I'm too broke to get my own.

As to Suikoden cos-play I was once thinking of making a Jupo costume but that is still beyond my sewing skills.

Nanani is just sooooooooo cute. There was this really good Nanani cos-player I saw once. I think it was at AX 2000 or AX 2001. I felt like proposing but I think the guy was her BF.

From,
Jo9e Boeing

Adella
10-28-2002, 06:10 PM
I'm doing Sarah too. ::snickers::

the Nanami cosplayer was probably Hi-chan Joe.

Kenshin Ken
10-28-2002, 06:16 PM
*grumbles* grr.... ;_;... looks like I'll be a late-comer to the suikoden troupe... no PS2 around to play with until I save up enough cash.

I'd love to do a costume..^^;; but I cant' get the feeling of doing one until I actualyl start playing the game ^^;;...

* thinks about after-thanksgiving sales*..^^:; maybe that'll help....

JoeBoeing
10-28-2002, 06:30 PM
No, it wasn't Hi-chan... this Nanami was taller and her face and build were differant.

I think I have a pic of her in my Photo Albums... but I fear it's the missing album.

Celine
10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Aeris, either I need to stop copying your ideas or you need to stop copying mine! XD What are the chances that we keep picking the same characters? Heh.

Adella
10-28-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Aeris, either I need to stop copying your ideas or you need to stop copying mine! XD What are the chances that we keep picking the same characters? Heh.

I won't do it if you don't want me to >_<; I just thought "her name is sarah and she's cute.. what better a person to cosplay?"

I really want to cosplay Chris.. but that's ONLY if my old boss Brand will let me back into the Armour Store to use the shop.

Shadra D
10-28-2002, 10:57 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread! AH!

Ok, yes, Suikoden cosplay site, PLEASE go for it! Clive Van Houten, one of the staff at Suikosource.com, has been wanting to help out with a Suikoden cosplay site for ages, and of COURSE it would get free advertising and linkage on Suikosource (as soon as the revamp is finished)

As for Suikoden 3 cosplay, we have a large group planned for AX 2003, which started by my foolishly talking to Howling Guild@Suikosource, a staffer at AX for 8 years, now, about doing it....

and of course the thing escalated horribly. She would be doing Luc, who is likely going to be as antisocial as the character himself, considering she's greenroom staff and I will have to DRAG her out for at least two hours to have fun with us.

I would be Sasarai, my favorite character *heart*, Cybele would be the Most Awesomely Sexy Yuber, Celine our mysterious and beautiful Sera/Sarah, Amy, another Suikosource artist, is making a Queen outfit.. I'm still trying to get Clive to get out there and go as Albert, but the likelyhood of that is getting smaller, sadly. Buying cars is bad for cosplay!

I believe we may have an Ayame, and I believe my friend Kirstin is going to be Nash. Her roommate Melissa I am trying to get to go as either Annie or Rico, and if she is Rico, I am trying to get their friend Damon to go as Fred.

Please, please, let's get more people!

Yggdrasil Pie
10-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Tehehe! It would be great if we got a Fred! I would be so hyper and stuff...^^;;;

I wish there were more people! I'm trying to get more people...

I was the one who was going to attempt to do Ayame and I'm gonna beg at least one of my friends to be Watari...@_@

You know people at suikosource.com? Waii! ^___^

Celine
10-29-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Aeris
I won't do it if you don't want me to >_<; I just thought "her name is sarah and she's cute.. what better a person to cosplay?"

Please don't misunderstand me! ^^ You should totally cosplay her if you want... she is gorgeous and I'm sure you would do a fabulous job as her. I just think it's sort of funny that you have so many of the same ideas that I do, that's all! She would probably be a good match for you, though Chris is excellent as well (I fear Chris's armor, but if you can make it, mad props to you). Do whomever you want! ^_^

ReiChan
10-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Watari is rad. Just his design. I need to play this game.

Shadra D
10-29-2002, 12:29 AM
WHOO, the Ninjapair!

Yeah, I'm one of the resident artists, there ~_~ that's how I met Clive and Amy and everyone.. Anyone who was at AX this year may have seen her as Viki.. the, ah, non-ghetto Viki (I loved the Ghetto Viki costume, though >D). She was gonna be Mel, but decided she wanted to do Queen. Queen's got a pretty costume, though *_*

But, yes, we really should try to do a group effort for a Suikoden Cosplay site.. I think it'd be a lot of fun o_o v

Shadra D
10-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Oh, and as for Chris.. You guys know she also has an out-of-armor outfit, too, right? n_n I'd love to see a Chris cosplayer, but everyone's always so intimidated by the armor.

Well, I would be too, but... ._.;

Celine
10-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Today: Suikoden cosplay site
Tomorrow: SUIKOCON!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Oh, and we need a Thomas. Because he's like... important... and he sucks, though he's cute in a sad way. Plus, I'd like a Thomas around just so I could hit him for sucking so much. ^^ Kenny, do a Suikoden 3 costume. It'd be good for you. But don't do Thomas. He sucks.

Shadra D
10-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Oh come on, I like Thomas! He may be pathetically weak, but he's got a strong heart!

... well, he gets one eventually c_C;;

Hungryjack
10-29-2002, 08:54 AM
I just started playing S3 yesterday. I'm still new to the whole Suikoden thing, so I am going to need to pay attention and find someone I like. Lord knows there's enough people to choose from.

I'm tall, slim, blue eyes, short blonde hair, and I have a tendency towards pirate types. Any suggestions?

Celine
10-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Skies of Arcadia. :P

Seriously, I'm not yet far enough into the game to have seen enough characters to suggest anyone. Being Suikoden, there are tons of nifty designs. Have you got the means to do armor? A whole bunch of the characters are quite armor-happy... so if that's not your thing, you can rule them out right there.

Rosiel
10-29-2002, 09:46 AM
> I'd love to see a Chris cosplayer

I say it now. No. LOL. Someone else mentioned that again. It's my Chris curse. X__X

Go Aeris! Do Chris! Then people will stop hounding me. LOL.

> I'm tall, slim, blue eyes, short blonde hair, and I have a tendency towards pirate types. Any suggestions?

Do you have a picture? It would help...

> A whole bunch of the characters are quite armor-happy...

I know... I am feeling the urge to make Percival...someone stop me... X___X

Lady
10-29-2002, 11:05 AM
I wonder what the other people in my cosplay group will think when I tell them about the surge in Suikoden cosplay*laughs* Back in August we decided to do a Suikoden 1 and 2 cosplay, consisting of Hix, Tengaar, Lorelai (though I'm trying to get her to go as Sylvinia instead), Elza, Nash, and a Clive partially because we'd only ever seen a Viktor and a Flik before.

Which cons are you guys planning on doing your Suikoden costumes? My group will be at Otakon 2k3, and it'd be super fun if there was a big ass Suikoden group pose like they do with the FF kids!

-Lady

Rosiel
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
> Which cons are you guys planning on doing your Suikoden costumes?

The Suikoden III group is for Anime Expo 2003.

> we'd only ever seen a Viktor and a Flik before.

I guess you weren't at Katsucon in February... we had a big Suikoden group... *thinks* Seed, Culgan, Flik, Nina, Futch, Sierra, Kinnison, Elza... and I think I am forgetting someone... X___X

A partial group shot (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4321&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500)

> My group will be at Otakon 2k3, and it'd be super fun if there was a big ass Suikoden group pose like they do with the FF kids!

That would be a lot of fun. If Sami makes her Culgan I will wear Seed and we can join you. ^___^

Shadra D
10-29-2002, 12:26 PM
heheh. Blond hair, blue eyes? Pirate type? So he's not a pirate, but he's got a parrot, meet SCOTT!

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/scott.jpg

I can get a larger and more detailed picture if you need one, I just don't have access to it at the moment! What I saw of his costume was pretty much a European or spanish-style fancy dress clothes, sorta. He's a trader, and his costume design is very nice, I think!

And, Rosi.. you forgot the SuperSekrit 109th star! c_C the swordbearer! .. person... thing.. n_____n *Cackles* I am a fruitcake today...

Sami
10-29-2002, 12:40 PM
> That would be a lot of fun. If Sami makes her Culgan I will wear Seed and we can join you. ^___^

I will definitely do it! Highland ahoy!! (Now if we only had a Luca and a Solon Jhee.. >D) We could have Regular Jhee and Headless Jhee, for variation! *quiets now* ^_______^;

Rosiel
10-29-2002, 12:47 PM
> I will definitely do it! Highland ahoy!!

Then they can count on it: the ambiguously gay duo will make its appearance. ;) I'll rehaul Seed before then, and make the banner out of ribbons so it'll be prettier. And, Sami, you might have to wear heels, I think you're shorter than I am. ^__^

> We could have Regular Jhee and Headless Jhee, for variation!

I can see it now, something like a headless horseman costume, his head tucked under his arm.

Culgan: Solon, old boy, you're looking rather down.

Sami
10-29-2002, 01:27 PM
> And, Sami, you might have to wear heels, I think you're shorter than I am. ^__^

I'm DEFINITELY shorter (5'4"; the shortest Culgan there ever was!).. however, I'm looking forward to an excuse to boot-shop for new boots. :) :) :) :) *adores boots to a fault..*

Hungryjack
10-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Shadra D
heheh. Blond hair, blue eyes? Pirate type? So he's not a pirate, but he's got a parrot, meet SCOTT!

Scott, huh? That pic is kind of limited. If you have a bigger one, great. Also, when will I run into him in the game? I'll keep an eye out for him.

Sami
10-29-2002, 06:03 PM
Umm, a little OT, forgive me..

Anyone that's interested in helping out with the Suikoden cosplay pages, I'd appreciate it if you dropped me a line at miklotov@jibrille.org ASAP.. I've actually been doing a good chunk of work on it today, and now I need... content!! I'll tell you what I'm looking for in the e-mail, it's not really that hard and involved. ^^;

And now, back to blond pirates! *puts a stuffed parrot on her shoulder* :D

Celine
10-29-2002, 07:38 PM
>Also, when will I run into him in the game? I'll keep an eye out for him.

Early on! Thomas chaper one. ^_^ He's not hard to get, either!

Sami, I will email you... happy happy!

Adella
10-30-2002, 09:57 AM
NO AMOUNT OF ARMOR SCARES ME!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! FINE THEN CELINE AND ROSIEL! I WILL COSPLAY CHRIS! YOU WILL SEE KYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I mean... >.>; ya I'll do it. armor chris not out of armor chris.

I want to be sarah too one day just cuz of the name......thing, and the costume is easy.

Sami
10-30-2002, 12:02 PM
*wants to see armor Chris* Oh my.. o_o That would be.. just WAY too cool.. although heavy and noisy I'm sure, but FRIGGIN' COOL!!!!...

Rosiel
10-30-2002, 01:57 PM
> I want to be sarah too one day just cuz of the name......thing

I had the most incredible surprise when I found a character that actually shared my uber-rare name... forgot which RPG, but the weird thing is that she was tall blonde, with the same exact hair I have. X___X

Strangest thing I ever saw. LOL.

Celine
10-30-2002, 03:26 PM
>I had the most incredible surprise when I found a character that actually shared my uber-rare name... forgot which RPG, but the weird thing is that she was tall blonde, with the same exact hair I have.

Oh yeah! I have seen that. Talk about strange. If I were you, I would have cosplayed her just out of the principle of the thing. Then again, if I EVER find a character with my name, I'd cosplay her no matter what she looked like! Because I would wager that no character would have my name. ^_^ Ever. The closest so far was the mouse from An American Tale.

Sami
10-30-2002, 03:36 PM
> Then again, if I EVER find a character with my name, I'd cosplay her no matter what she looked like!

LOL! I was so surprised to find Sara of Angel Sanctuary (my real name, correct spelling and all!) And there's Sarah from Suikoden.. doubt I'd ever cosplay either of them, though. ^^;

Rosiel
10-30-2002, 03:38 PM
> I was so surprised to find Sara of Angel Sanctuary

Of you should be Sara you'd be so cute! ^___^

Shadra D
10-30-2002, 06:00 PM

That's why I changed my name, at least, unofficially (college + online) to Shadra, because my real name, -SARAH- is just too common! I always have a Sarah in my classes and I get so confuzzled ;_;

But hello, another Sarah! *laughs* I would cosplay her because of the name thing, but we don't look a thing alike. Hmm.. I could be Sarah from S1 *laughs* There'd be some unite attack u_u

but to avoid my own confusion between the two, I go by the katakana spelling of 'Sera' because I get freaked out.. like when I read the translation of the 6th perspective in SIII and I'm like.. Dude... self insert.. bad.. but.. it's... AUGH! *insane*

Ok, right. What was I doing? Oh, yeah.. No, wait.. uh... .. *flops*

Oh, and I personally have a grudge against Sera because.. well.. she gets in the way of my favorite Suikoden Yaoi pairing *SNEEEF* gosh darn canon heterosexual implied relationships! and I'm not even a yaoi obsessed fangirl ._.; suckage...

*returns to the real world*

Sami
10-30-2002, 10:13 PM
> I always have a Sarah in my classes and I get so confuzzled ;_;

LOL yes! Someone else shares my problem!! There were four Sara/Sarah's in my highschool graduating class, myself included.. and we all had a lot of the same classes, so anytime a teacher asked for "Sara/h" we would all look up.. -_-;; It stunk, bigtime. I don't wanna share my name with other people in my class! [/mini tantrum]

A lot of people refer to me as Sami now, which is cool. Matter of fact, the only people that refer to me as Sara are my immediate family; friends, online and IRL, and my boyfriend all refer to me as different nicknames, LOL.

*quietly stuffs canon in a box* :D :D :D Yay!!

Rosiel
10-31-2002, 10:04 AM
I never had that problem. I'm the only person I know with my name, but then unique names lead to a lot of teasing... so maybe having four more of me wouldn't be that bad...

As for Sera... Yay for her! I think they make such a cute couple!
It's strange but, other than Culgan/Seed, I'm really not into any of the yaoi pairings in Suikoden. For someone reason the het ones are so much more poignant. (Flik and Odessa... *siiiiigh*)

Hungryjack
10-31-2002, 10:19 AM
I don't think I have ever seen my real name in an anime or in an RPG. Oh well, I'll keep looking. With my luck, it would probably be a girl, since it name seems about as common for women as for men--at least with my spelling.

Hungryjack
10-31-2002, 10:28 AM

Oh, I met Scott last night. I really dig the parrot thing (sadly my parrots are grey and blue/red instead of green) but there's two considerable problems I'm not sure if I can overcome. First off, he's a little kid. That one will not be easy to pull off in my late 20's and 6'2". Secondly, and I might be able to get over this one MAYBE, is that he dresses really flamboyantly and I don't mean badass flamboyant like Kefka. It's more of the 'clothes are too small and too bright--I'm sending out the wrong signals' flamboyant.

I might be able to get over it, but since he's not really a key person, I wonder if anyone would recognize me or if I'd just end up being the fruitcake in the corner who swears he is a video game character. (stay away from that guy) If only he had a more exciting outfit, or if he had a more exciting role than running a trading shop...

Maybe it would help if I included a picture. I'll try to get one up by this weekend. I'm trying to find time to do a server (that has all my web stuff including pictures) rebuild while also trying to finish Kingdom Hearts and play Suikoden 3 (did I mention that Vice City and DDRMAX are out?)

Rosiel
10-31-2002, 10:40 AM
> Maybe it would help if I included a picture.

I'm sure it would. ^___^

> while also trying to finish Kingdom Hearts and play Suikoden 3

I feel your pain. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night due to compulsive Suikoden3 playing. z__Z It's a drug, I say, a drug!

Celine
10-31-2002, 11:17 AM
>I might be able to get over it, but since he's not really a key person, I wonder if anyone would recognize me or if I'd just end up being the fruitcake in the corner who swears he is a video game character. (stay away from that guy) If only he had a more exciting outfit, or if he had a more exciting role than running a trading shop...

^_^ Welcome to the world of Suikoden cosplay! First of all, most people haven't played, or even heard of, the game! Secondly, most people who do cosplay it choose a main character. Therefore, they get some recognition. The fun of Suikoden is that there are so many characters that you can choose someone you like... all the diehard fans will recongize you. For example, I cosplayed an optional character from Suikoden 2. All he does is change your sound effects... ^_^;;; That's all. He has just about zero plot or characterization. His costume is basically a shirt and pants, and a sorta funny and cute hat. And people recognized it. Not many, but a few!

Rosiel
10-31-2002, 11:42 AM
> First of all, most people haven't played, or even heard of, the game!

I can vouch for that! I got precious little recognition as Seed, part of a group, and with a Culgan to boot. And it's not like they are small bit characters either.

Although it seems Suikoden is becoming more mainstream so that might get better and better.

I still didn't get over how people recognized Kinnison then turned to Seed and Culgan to ask who we were. >_<;;;;;;

As a side note... I feel the urge to cosplay as Borus. He is so adorable and short and blonde and I love his skirt!

Hungryjack
10-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
As a side note... I feel the urge to cosplay as Borus. He is so adorable and short and blonde and I love his skirt!

Borus is a punk ass! I should have beat him down when I had the chance!

Hungryjack
10-31-2002, 12:37 PM
The fun of Suikoden is that there are so many characters that you can choose someone you like... all the diehard fans will recongize you. For example, I cosplayed an optional character from Suikoden 2. All he does is change your sound effects... ^_^;;; That's all. He has just about zero plot or characterization. His costume is basically a shirt and pants, and a sorta funny and cute hat. And people recognized it. Not many, but a few!

OK, that gives me hope. Sadly, the crown jewel of any Scott costume would be the parrot, which I cannot bring to any cons. Actually, my birds really get freaked out when they see me looking un-normal. I was Captain Morgan last halloween and my big bird kept trying to attack me. Even if I could, I'd have to dye her feathers green (ha ha! :rofl: ) because I know of no green parrot in existance with a crest.

Hmm, a cosplaying parrot would be novel. Damn, that could be funny as hell. I digress.

I prefer Augustine's dapper duds to Scott's rainbow boy scout image. Oh well, there's still plenty of time. I'm sure I'll find someone who fits perfectly. There's over 100 of them after all :) :) :)

Rosiel
10-31-2002, 12:38 PM
> Borus is a punk ass! I should have beat him down when I had the chance!

He is NOT! He is enthusiastic, opinionated and hot-headed, a great asset in battle, and touching in his feelings for Chris!

I <3 Borus.

Hungryjack
10-31-2002, 12:42 PM
> Borus is a punk ass! I should have beat him down when I had the chance!

He is NOT! He is enthusiastic, opinionated and hot-headed, a great asset in battle, and touching in his feelings for Chris!

I <3 Borus.

Er yeah. I used the phrase 'punk ass' as a term of endearment. What I really meant was, ah, that he was, er, enthusiastic, opinionated, and hot-headed *eyes shift nervously* Wherever did you get the impression I didn't like him? *moves slowly towards the door*

Kellie
10-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Sami has successfully pulled me into desperately wanting the Suikoden video games now. However... even if I did purchase them... I NEVER GET TO USE MY DAMN PLAYSTATION because EVERYONE ELSE in the damn apartment is always using it to play MY video games. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sharing, but I'm dead serious. I never get to use it. ;_; So, even if I DID get to buy Suikoden III, I'd probably never get to play it. I can't even restart my Kingdom Hearts game that my roommate accidentally erased (I was at Hallow Bastion) when she was playing it. *sigh* Perhaps I'll try and get it over christmas while I can have time to play.

Sami
10-31-2002, 02:57 PM
YEAAAHHH!!! *Stuffs Kellie into an Annalee costume and drags her to Otakon* :D :D :D

Shadra D
10-31-2002, 06:12 PM
As far as pairings I am sorry, I really only like Luc x Sasarai as far as non canon yaoi e_e I dun like Sera x Luc ;;;_;;; she's half his age, and then some! and.. and stuff! ;;_;; darn it!

Luc and Sasa is just so durned cute ;.;

But that's off topic. Right. Cosplay.

Hungryjack, if you did Augustine, I would be THRILLED! :D He creeps the hell out of me, but all of the narcassists are AWESOME! >D

And I am so happy now, Celine, since I helped you figure out the SasaKasa you're going to make an extra for me sometime? I want to use it as a purse at AX! Since they got rid of my silly poofy hat for S3 ;;;_;;; I admit, Sasafras looks a lot nicer in the crisp uniform, but.. the hat! The HAT! It's just so poofy and adorable and silly looking and only Sasa could pull that off! He's just that good! ._.;;;

Bweeee....

Celine
11-01-2002, 12:11 AM
>I was Captain Morgan last halloween and my big bird kept trying to attack me.

That is the most amazing costume idea. XD

>And I am so happy now, Celine, since I helped you figure out the SasaKasa you're going to make an extra for me sometime? I want to use it as a purse at AX!

Provided I can get it to work in the first place! Although I think I understood what you were talking about, actually making it will be much harder. Yeah... we'll see... I don't want to make any promises because I'm not yet sure I can actually make it. ^^ I'm not very talented.

>I can't even restart my Kingdom Hearts game that my roommate accidentally erased (I was at Hallow Bastion) when she was playing it.

Augh! That is terrible!!! ^^

Hungryjack
11-01-2002, 09:13 AM
OK, my server is rebuilt. I finally have access to my pctures again. I hope maybe these give you some clue as to my build and might give you an idea as to what character might fit me. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like the idea of Augustine. The pix of me are from Costa Rica because that was the most recent time I have had photos me me taken I guess.

Here's me with my sunburnt face and a little friend - http://party.devinbrown.com/me.jpg

Here's a more complete shot of me with my wife -
http://party.devinbrown.com/me2.jpg

Oh, and here's me as Captain Morgan last Halloween :p -
http://party.12thfloor.com/images/halloween_01/Dev.Thibo.jpg

Looking at it after playing KH I think I look a little more like Capt Hook, but oh well.

Celine
11-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Pirates!!! Hehe, pirates rule!!! ^_^ As long as you did the Captain Morgan pose, then you were definitely *not* Captain Hook. Hehe. Did you have any rum?

Hungryjack
11-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Hehe. Did you have any rum?

I can assure you that I had a bit of the Captain in me that night. :)

Kellie
11-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sami
YEAAAHHH!!! *Stuffs Kellie into an Annalee costume and drags her to Otakon* :D :D :D

*stuffed and dragged* XD I feel so violated! *cackle* I think I AM going to try and make Annalee though. ;)

Rosiel
11-01-2002, 03:04 PM
*emerges from Suikoden 3 for an instant*

You know you'd make a great Suiko3 Nash! *______*
I'll keep you posted if I see someone else...

ryuichi fangirl
11-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Ohayo! I'm new here and this my First real post, I'm so proud of myself..anyway...S3 costumes? That sounds cool, I wanna be Luc! (my absolute favorite character) ...hey, I saw "the man in coat" pic too, you mean to tell me it's NOT seed? ...crap, that sucks, he was really cool ...

Yggdrasil Pie
11-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Heh...I just encountered Luc in my game...he kinda scares me, but yet, he is cool...XD

It would be soo cool if you were Luc....but I dunno if anyone else is being him...^^;;

Shadra D
11-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Actually, we do already have a Luc (he is one of my favorite characters too ~_~ Luc, Sasarai, Gremio *heart*), that would be Vivi-chan, who I started this whol horrible thing with c_c; She's not a member of cosplay.com, she's greenroom staff at AX, so it's gonna be a lot of work for me to ninja her out of that place to go, you know, have fun. I personally don't really mind more than one person cosplaying the same character, but if you wanted to do someone else, that'd be cool too n.n

The list is, at the moment:

Luc
Sera
Chris
Yuber
Sasarai
Nash
Rico
Ayame
Fred*
Queen
Albert*

* = uncomfirmed, likely not going to happen

Anyway, can any of you get any more people?

And props to our Chris for going for the armor o_o ganbatte! That looks like pure hell x_x;;;

Fire Hero
11-02-2002, 02:22 AM
Wow, if I don't make it to this con I want to see pictures of this Suikoden cosplay group.

Celine
11-02-2002, 03:19 AM
>Anyway, can any of you get any more people?

Yes. Definitely. I'm sure that some of the people who did Suikoden this year or before might be interested. And, if nothing else, my sister would probably be up for it. She just started the game so I don't know who she would do. And nobody looks like Sarah so we can't use our twin-ness! ^^

Hehe, she should do Thomas.

Yggdrasil Pie
11-02-2002, 03:52 AM
Oh wow Shadra, You seem to know alot of people...XD
I feel so unknown...^^;;;;

Hmm...we have a while until AX, I guess there's alot of time to find more people...^^

But, I don't know how long it would take to organize all of this anyways...@_@

Shadra D
11-02-2002, 05:57 AM
LOL, know a lot of people? Sorta.. maybe.. *laughs* I have.. many contacts ~.~ *creepy* Ok, I am a complete fruitcake tonight *dies* Anyway.. Yes, yes, Celine, I want a Thomas!! I love Thomas, I don't CARE how weak and cowardly he is he *SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER* for Sasarai and he's just so.. cute! ^o^

Mmmmyesyesyes.

I am replaying Suikoden 1 right now on my friend's PS2 memory card.. before the quarter is out I'll buy my own, transfer it, and probably S2 and then steal someone's PS2 to immerse myself in S3 this winter break. Mwhahaha. *o*;;;;

Rosiel
11-02-2002, 10:16 AM
We need an Albert! ;______; We need a full group of Destroyers!
Someone be Albert!

And the more I play, the more I think that Yuber is extremely spiffy... although with the length of his hair, I think I'm barred from cutting mine until AX!

And, Shad, I hope your friend WILL come out of the green room a lot on the day we're Suiko, because Yuber on his own is rather boring... sort of like an Amish with swords.

LOL.

As a side note, if ANYONE is willing to do either Percival or Borus, I will be very tempted to do the other... they are too amazing for words.

(As for immersing one's self, the spell is broken. I am forced to play through all the scenarios and my motivation just died. *shaking fist* I refuse to play as a Grasslands barbarian!)

Hungryjack
11-02-2002, 12:07 PM
*emerges from Suikoden*

Oh! We need a Lilly and a Mel for sure!!!

Oh, and the run-down castle is the most awesome place ever. I have grown to really enjoy Thomas's storyline.

Gotta run!

*goes back to Suikoden*

Yggdrasil Pie
11-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Hehh...Rosiel, you're cosplaying as Yuber right? If you areeeeeee... I'm gonna run around and glomp you!! (If you don't mind, not very Ayame like...^^;;;) I just met up with him and I love his character...XD

Oh my, I think I'm growing a new obsession...^^;;;

Rosiel
11-02-2002, 12:34 PM
> Rosiel, you're cosplaying as Yuber right?

Yes, I am! I hope my hair will be long enough by AX... I don't want to deal with extensions. X___X Come on, hair, about 6 inches to go! (LOL)

> If you areeeeeee... I'm gonna run around and glomp you!! (If you don't mind, not very Ayame like...^^;; I just met up with him and I love his character...XD

No problem! LOL. You'll probably be my only glomp, I can't imagine poor Old Yuber being all that popular... I am looking forward to the mismatched eyes though...

> Oh my, I think I'm growing a new obsession...^^;;;

Mine has been full-fledged since Suikoden 1 so beware once it starts it never ends! >_<;;;;

As a side note I am miffed because they are forcing me to play through everyone's scenarios! How awful to be an ugly penniless weak rif-raff mercenary after having been the Silver Maiden! I can't even enter half the places I used to because everyone thinks I am dirt!

RAR.

*returns to play Suikoden*

Celine
11-02-2002, 01:24 PM
>I refuse to play as a Grasslands barbarian!

I like that Grasslands barbarian. Someone needs to cosplay him. I want to make the outfit, but I can't wear it. Every time I see him, it's just so tempting to give in and make that outfit (Hugo's got my favorite design, no contest).

*needs artbook*

>Oh! We need a Lilly and a Mel for sure!!!

I thought someone around here was planning on doing Lilly...? ^^ And Erin's been talking about Mel (I think it's Mel. It might be the other "M" girl).

Rosiel
11-02-2002, 02:43 PM
> I like that Grasslands barbarian.

^___^ I'm stuck as Geddoe right now and it annoys me to no end. I think I got used to the amazing offensive/defensive capabilities of my knights so I tend to follow my usual strategy and just got my ass kicked. LOL.

I wish Shad lived nearby.. I'd drop off my PS2 at her house for her to play Hugo and Geddoe's scenarios. I want to return to Chris's story! I miss Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash!

> Someone needs to cosplay him.

I want to see someone do Albert. And one of the Zexen knights. I love my knights. ^___^

> (Hugo's got my favorite design, no contest).

Chris is mine (armored version). I also really really like Sarah.

> *needs artbook*

Same here. *___*
I still need to find the Suiko2 artbook too, I've never been able to get my hands on it. ;___;

> I thought someone around here was planning on doing Lilly...?

Nicole said she would.

Hungryjack
11-02-2002, 03:16 PM
How awful to be an ugly penniless weak rif-raff mercenary after having been the Silver Maiden! I can't even enter half the places I used to because everyone thinks I am dirt!

Slow down, Princess! I'll have you know my Geddoe would lay the beat down on pretty-boy Borus any day of the week!

Don't disrespect the man just cause he has no depth perception.

:p

ryuichi fangirl
11-02-2002, 03:21 PM
...darn...Luc's taken....huh, maybe i could go as Flik from S2.... he's hot to ...
hmm........

Celine
11-02-2002, 03:36 PM
>Slow down, Princess! I'll have you know my Geddoe would lay the beat down on pretty-boy Borus any day of the week!

You know, there is something really funny about the fact that everyone playing through the game right now associates with one of the characters. ^_^ It's fun to read Rosiel's comments, especially, because I really can't stand the knights. I don't want to play Chris's scenario because I'm positive that you have to see the whole Lulu thing *again*. Once was enough! ...but Lulu is a very silly name, especially for a boy! ...just needed to share that.

If you think playing with Geddoe is bad, try Thomas! Augh!! AUGH!!! Playing as Thomas with his defensive ability of 6 (I'm not exaggerating) and crappy attack... not to mention, he starts on level 1... is SO PAINFUL.

Shadra D
11-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Dammit, Rosi, if you take the PS2 and S3 to Nekocon I will -SO- stay up and play those for you! *cries* Geddoe~~ Jacques >D

".... bunny..." LMAO >D

But I did want to see Nash ;_; *Cries*

Oh, yes, Lilly @_@ I completely forgot! I haven't talked to Nicole in a while o-o gwah! I want her to still go as Lilly.. Really, I just want someone with one of those big poofy feathers.. I can get them locally *_* LOVE! God, Rosi, you need to come down here sometime to go to the costume store if only because of the HUGE WALL OF FEATHER BOAS.. I mean.. they're HUGE! And gorgeous and fluffy and.. and.. the wigs, too! *Cries*

Mmmyes Suikoden.. Just recruited Templeton.. it's so easy the.. uh.. umpteenth time *laughs* Hrmm... must beat game by Nekocon.. when I get back.. I shall attempt S2.. and then.. maybe I'll steal a game and start S3.. before I go home for a month or so for winter break ~_~ mmmph.

*Cries* god dammit I want to play ;;;;;_;;;;; Oh, Rosi, for Sasa... I'm so excited *_* I want crisp, starched uniform.. bweeee~~~ *_*;; Sasa. WAI!! I'm such a frump, and he's so cute and a naiive and cute and.. and...

... no, I didn't get much sleep, and today I help my friend finish Kuja and tomorrow we go take photos at an old fort on Tybee Island. WHEE!! I'll post them here, I guess.. .Kuja and Neferenia.. both nice, nice costumes *_*; whee.

Right. Off, now c_c;

Sami
11-02-2002, 04:30 PM
GOD I NEED TO GET THIS GAME NOW. >_< *combusts*

Yes, that is all. ;_;

Hungryjack
11-02-2002, 07:06 PM
If you think playing with Geddoe is bad, try Thomas! Augh!! AUGH!!! Playing as Thomas with his defensive ability of 6 (I'm not exaggerating) and crappy attack... not to mention, he starts on level 1... is SO PAINFUL.

You know, I totally felt the same way when I started playing Thomas, but my opinion abuot him and his story has changed a lot. Castle Budehuc has got more personality than any location I've ever seen in a game and the fact that everything revolves around it is just awesome in my opinion. Now I have all these crappy vases displayed around the castle :bigtu:

Shadra D
11-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Thomas is at his best in the 6th perspective... oh I nearly cried to hear about it x.x;;

Eurobeat King
11-06-2002, 03:43 AM
AGGHH!! Suikoden 3 is preventing me from getting ready for Nekocon! hehe But I'm determined to finish up the main characters' Chapter 3 before I leave on Thursday, so that when I get back, I can begin Chapter 4 of the game. ;) I just need to finish Geddoe's Ch.3 (Chris & Hugo are waiting for his slow butt to get there.. hehe) and it's not too difficult.

I want to get in on the Suikoden cosplay also, but there's sooo many cosplays to do, it's difficult to decide! I could do Albert, since I'm named after him, but I think Rosiel would look better ;) But he's not a bad choice for me to cosplay as a villain again. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! ahem.. I like Thomas even though his scenarios were short, and his party couldn't stand up against that crab-boss.. haha I have to show pics of Mel to my friend named Mel (MelBell here), and she's willing to do that AND make a Branky hand-puppet, if only she has pics to see. If she cosplays as Mel, she'll even BRANKY-BASH the puppet against a wall repeatedly! :D

If I'd cosplay anyone, meibi I'd cosplay as PERCIVAL, since he's kewl, mature, and a bad-@$$ (no, I don't think he's gay, since ALL the knights (I dunno about Salome) like Chris) hehe I think I could do Percival, since I LUV HIS HAIR, but ALL THAT ARMOR!! :thumbsup: We'll see.. perhaps later in the game the knights will have casual clothes like Chris does.. *hope & pray*

Incidentally, minna-san: what name did you give the Flame Champion and to Thomas' Lake Castle? Mine were:

Flame Champion: Ryu
Lake Castle: Eurobeat Castle :skidude2:

Celine
11-06-2002, 04:03 AM
>AGGHH!! Suikoden 3 is preventing me from getting ready for Nekocon! hehe But I'm determined to finish up the main characters' Chapter 3 before I leave on Thursday, so that when U get back, I can begin Chapter 4 of the game. ;) I just need to finish Geddoe's Ch.3 (Chris & Hugo are waiting for his slow butt to get there.. hehe) and it's not too difficult.

*blinks* Who wrote this? Did I write that or did someone else write that? XD Seriously, my three Nekocon costumes were reduced to one (which is half finished) thanks to Suikoden 3. I only have Chris's chapters to do now.

>I want to get in on the Suikoden cosplay also, but there's sooo many cosplays to do, it's difficult to decide! I could do Albert, since I'm named after him, but I think Rosiel would look better ;)

She's doing Yuber, actually. I think we're looking for an Albert- but double check. ^_^

>AND make a Branky hand-puppet, if only she has pics to see.

Branky frightens me.

>Incidentally, minna-san: what name did you give the Flame Champion and to Thomas' Lake Castle?

A picture is worth a thousand words. ^_^
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~tsl/happy.JPG

Rosiel
11-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Big compilation of posts...

> I'll have you know my Geddoe would lay the beat down on pretty-boy Borus any day of the week!

Not on MY Borus! And especially not in a pair with Percival. ^__^
These two sneeze and all the enemies are dead. It's great. I wuv my pretty knights.

I wish we could have fights with other player's parties... it would be so much fun!

> You know, there is something really funny about the fact that everyone playing through the game right now associates with one of the characters.

And really really hates the opposing group too. LOL.
*stomps on Grasslanders who betrayed the Zexen Knight's trust and butchered their men in a surprise attack*

> I really can't stand the knights.

Zexen forever! LOL

> I don't want to play Chris's scenario because I'm positive that you have to see the whole Lulu thing *again*.

Yes you do, but it's very brief. And he was sort of asking for it.
The boy needs to learn that little kid with knife jumping an armored knight from behind is a BAD idea.

> GOD I NEED TO GET THIS GAME NOW. >_< *combusts*

You can always drop by my place if you want to try it out. ^__^ I'll share the Suikogoodness.

> If she cosplays as Mel, she'll even BRANKY-BASH the puppet against a wall repeatedly!

That would be amazing!

> If I'd cosplay anyone, meibi I'd cosplay as PERCIVAL

I love Percival. *___*
If you actually went and made all that armor, I would make a Borus to match.

> no, I don't think he's gay

He is OBVIOUSLY not gay, unless Chris is really a man. I mean he even brought her home to mom! LOL.

Flame Champion: Rekka
Lake Castle: Odessa Castle

Hungryjack
11-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
I have to show pics of Mel to my friend named Mel (MelBell here), and she's willing to do that AND make a Branky hand-puppet, if only she has pics to see. If she cosplays as Mel, she'll even BRANKY-BASH the puppet against a wall repeatedly! :D

If I ever saw a Mel with a convincing Branky, I think I'd have to throw out a glomp and I'm not the glomping type. When I play as Thomas, I *NEVER* go out without Mel. She's practically the only member of the party who never gets rotated out.

Celine
11-06-2002, 11:22 AM
I wish we could have fights with other player's parties... it would be so much fun!

Totally! I could take you all down with Thomas!! XD

>When I play as Thomas, I *NEVER* go out without Mel. She's practically the only member of the party who never gets rotated out.

Yes, Mel is a MUST! Especially because when you get her, both Thomas and Cecile have about 100 or less HP, and Mel comes on level 32 with 300 or so HP. She's tons of fun. ^_^

Rosiel
11-06-2002, 11:28 AM
> Yes, Mel is a MUST! Especially because when you get her, both Thomas and Cecile have about 100 or less HP, and Mel comes on level 32 with 300 or so HP. She's tons of fun. ^_^

Uh-ho... I recruited her in Chris 3 so I guess I can't access her with Thomas... X___X

Celine
11-06-2002, 11:36 AM
>Uh-ho... I recruited her in Chris 3 so I guess I can't access her with Thomas...

^^ That's such a shame! Well, hopefully you didn't recruit everybody already- you really need Thomas to have a good support group (Piccolo and Juan are NOT enough!). I guess it's a good thing that I played through Thomas's scenario before doing two of the other main characters. I think I recruited at least ten people. Ghetto recruited 2, and Hugo recruited about 2 as well.

Fire Hero
11-06-2002, 11:38 AM
Living in a small city sucks. I want to get Suiko 3 :|

Sami
11-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Celine!! Good lord!!!

"We can defend this castle!
Happy!
Happy!!
Happy!!!"

*DIES LAUGHING* That is the most hilarious thing I've seen all week.. LMAO!!!

Celine
11-06-2002, 11:56 AM
>That is the most hilarious thing I've seen all week..

I'm glad I was able to amuse at least one person! ^_^ I got really stuck trying to come up with a castle name. I'm quite pleased with the results, though. XD

Rosiel
11-06-2002, 11:58 AM
> Well, hopefully you didn't recruit everybody already

Uh-ho... I sense a lot of frustration coming on really soon...
Thomas IS optional, right? X__X

*imagining myself levelling him up to 100 or so so he can make it through the forest*

Celine
11-06-2002, 12:02 PM
>Thomas IS optional, right?

o_o What? What? What? Thomas is *optional*??!!? How do you name the castle, then? And... you'd miss out on so much if you didn't play Thomas's scenario! Ah... errr... no! You have to play Thomas! He can't be optional. I would cry. ;_;

khamryn
11-06-2002, 01:25 PM
::Will try to do Hugo for AX so I can run around tormenting Rosiel as the Grassland brat XD::

Rosiel
11-06-2002, 01:42 PM
> ::Will try to do Hugo for AX so I can run around tormenting Rosiel as the Grassland brat XD::

I will walk around at AX with two swords as tall as I am, so tormenting me might not be a good idea. I could get in character on you.

MWA HA HA.

o_O;;;;

Hungryjack
11-06-2002, 02:29 PM
I think most people are probably further in the game than me but I basically hate the Zexens right now. They are arrogant, intolerant, they killed Lulu over a misunderstanding, and now they're trying to take Thomas's castle away.

Maybe something will put this in perspective for me, but I don't get very excited when it's time for me to play as Chris. Geddoe is much more my style because he's laid back and the group he starts with is fairly well-rounded and I have built them up to be quite powerful now. Thomas has become the most fun for me just because he's surrounded by goofballs and I enjoy building up the castle and recruiting people. Hugo, I could take or leave, but it's gotten to the point where I dread returning to Vinay del Zexay or the Brass Castle now just because of the knights. I'm cheering for the lizard people.

Oh, by the way, I hated Kabu when I started playing, but now I can clean up like nobody's business.

Rosiel
11-06-2002, 02:55 PM
> I think most people are probably further in the game than me but I basically hate the Zexens right now.

Being the one Zexen-supporter here, I have to note I'm probably not further in the game than you, but I played starting with Chris. So I got the Zexen POV from the begining, which, like the Grasslander's, is obviously biased, but, like you and the Grasslands, I suspended disbelief and bought into it.

> They are arrogant, intolerant, they killed Lulu over a misunderstanding, and now they're trying to take Thomas's castle away.

Er... Lulu was DUMB.
I don't see a misunderstanding here.

Someone with a knife suddenly jumps you from the side-back.
Isn't it normal to react on instinct and defend yourself?

As for being belligerent, the Grasslanders broke the cease-fire, not the Zexen. Although now that I have played Gueddoe I understand that it was not their fault as they were tricked. (The people who killed the lizard clan chief were imposters. That was not Chris.)

> where I dread returning to Vinay del Zexay or the Brass Castle now just because of the knights. I'm cheering for the lizard people.

That's what's so amazing about that game. How it builds a realistic situation, makes you hate the "evil" people who are fighting against you, while it's obvious that in the end not one of the main characters will be at fault. ^___^

I still dread playing Hugo though. X__X

khamryn
11-06-2002, 03:08 PM
>I will walk around at AX with two swords as tall as I am, so tormenting me might not be a good idea. I could get in character on you.
>
>MWA HA HA.

LoL XD I'll just make sure I can actually get the wooden knife out to fend you off. And run like a Grasslander if you do. :D heheh

>Er... Lulu was DUMB.

I'm biased toward the grasslanders.. but I have to agree.. Lulu was dumb. u.u; When your that small your just gonna run up and try and stab a fully armored KNIGHT in the back? o.O;;;

>(The people who killed the lizard clan chief were imposters. That was not Chris.)

::hasn't finished that yet but agrees.:: "their tracks are too light..." etc etc.. seems very.. Yuber?

Celine
11-06-2002, 03:26 PM
As for being belligerent, the Grasslanders broke the cease-fire, not the Zexen. Although now that I have played Gueddoe I understand that it was not their fault as they were tricked. (The people who killed the lizard clan chief were imposters. That was not Chris.)

See, I just found out that it wasn't her. I was angry. Darn it. That complicates my hatred of her. ^^;; Well! I still hate her anyway. I'll go start her chapter 1 now that I've exhausted all other possible chapters.

>They are arrogant, intolerant, they killed Lulu over a misunderstanding, and now they're trying to take Thomas's castle away.

YES. ZEXEN IS EVIL. I played through all of Hugo and Thomas's chapters and reached this conclusion (anyone who tries to take Happy Castle *must* be evil). Then, in Geddoe's chapters, they weren't much better. I think it's mostly the butchering of Karaya since that was *definitely* the Zexens. Of course, I didn't see it in Hugo's chapters, but seeing it in Geddoe's was... depressing and awful.

However, Percy is not entirely evil. Percy is the coolest Zexen person. I love Percy! He might be arrogant and usually fighting for the wrong side, but he helps Thomas. ^.^

As for Lulu... well, he was young and foolish. Then, Aila tries to do THE EXACT SAME THING. It must just be an instinct bred in to the Grasslanders.

>I will walk around at AX with two swords as tall as I am, so tormenting me might not be a good idea. I could get in character on you.

I guess I can just walk around and be... really sad... ^^

Though, you two can duel! And it'll be funny! XD Rosiel, you will enjoy that moment of Hugo's chapter (3), I promise!

khamryn
11-06-2002, 04:20 PM
>Though, you two can duel! And it'll be funny! XD Rosiel, you will enjoy that moment of Hugo's chapter (3), I promise!

Hehehe yeah. Cuz I'll... run. XD wahahaha

Shadra D
11-07-2002, 03:22 AM
La la la... well, tonight I did Suikoden IRL and recruited Lucia ~_~;; ok, more accurately, I convinced the president of the SCAD anime club to cosplay as Lucia for our AX group. She's going to be my transportation to get there, after all, and she'd do a wonderful job. Really, all I had to do was show her the costume and she's like 'I WANT TO DO IT!' and I'm like.. whee! n.n So, lucky Khamryn, you have a mommy! ^o^

Other updates: If I have heard correctly, we no longer have a Lilly, we have confirmation on Albert, and there is a slight chance that our Luc may be unable to escape her greenroom duties. As this is a possiblity, though uncomfirmed (and Rosi wants her Destroyers *laughs*) I'm going to make myself a Luc costume to go along with Sasarai, just in case c_c better safe than sorry.. and isn't it better that I look like my twin? Of course, Sasa's hair is longer, but.. ah o-o I can cheat ~_~; and then I shall have fun photoshopping myself in with.. ... myself. >_>; Oif. Also, I'm having to kick Fred into being Fred, I'll keep working at him ~_~ he's complaining about the armor u.u;

So then.. the list, as it seems to be now, is:

Yuber
Sera
Luc
Sasarai
Chris
Hugo
Nash
Lucia
Rico
Albert
Fred (unconfirmed)
Ayame
Mel (?)
Percival (?)
Thomas ( Celine, your sister wanted to be him, right?)

Did I forget anyone? o_O;;

meanwhile...

4TH EDITION OF SUIKODEN CARD STORIES! AHHHH!! OH MY GOD THEY'RE SO AMAZING! *WAILS* I want those Luc cards! And the Sasarai cards and their DUEL card is the CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD I want to cry ;_;

Ok.. really.. anyway. Leaving for Nekocon tomorrow c_C whee!

Oh yeah, and Celine? n_n Tell me as soon as you find out who the Chris imposter is n_n I want to hear your reaction ASAP n_________________n

*cackles wickedly and runs off*

Hungryjack
11-07-2002, 09:56 AM
I'm going to the Renaissance festival here in Texas this weekend and one of my main projects is picking up some Augustine props. Being a sword collector, I had planned on buying one this year all along. now I know the kind to look for :) I have every intention of creating an excellent Augustine because someone that exceptional deserves to be represented.

You don't see any problem with bringing a sword to AX, do you? It would be metal, but it would be a stage sword, as in flat-bladed and not edged.

Look at him, and you, and the world around us. Isn't everything lovely and beautiful today?

khamryn
11-07-2002, 10:48 AM
>So, lucky Khamryn, you have a mommy! ^o^

Whoo hoo!! XD ::Blink:: >.> Long as she doesn't squish me like in the game. eh hehe.. ^_^

HungryJack- I imagine if they peace-bonded it it would be okay.. but you might want to email them a description and ask about it.

Celine
11-07-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Hungryjack
Look at him, and you, and the world around us. Isn't everything lovely and beautiful today?

Augustine!!! :love:

He is my happy, frilly, narcissist pirate dude!!! I always use him. His happy rose attack has saved Thomas's sad butt soooo many times! I love talking to him in the castle, when he says something about how lovely and beautiful Thomas is! ^_^;;

>Thomas ( Celine, your sister wanted to be him, right?)

Er, I just threw that out as a suggestion. I don't know who (if anyone) she'll end up doing. ^^

>we no longer have a Lilly

hehe... I've been trying to talk Phavorianne into doing Lilly! I will continue to pressure her to do so. She fell in love with the design the other night when we were chatting. ^_^

>Oh yeah, and Celine? n_n Tell me as soon as you find out who the Chris imposter is n_n I want to hear your reaction ASAP

Oh, you will. I always share my Suikoden adventures. That's what my livejournal turned into- My Adventures with Suikoden. With lots of WHEE! XD

Hungryjack
11-07-2002, 02:13 PM
hehe... I've been trying to talk Phavorianne into doing Lilly! I will continue to pressure her to do so. She fell in love with the design the other night when we were chatting. ^_^

I haven't met Lilly in the game yet, although she showed up rather abruptly in Hugo's party when the evil Zexens tried to repossess my castle, which I am considering naming Castle DieZexen. But if you read it in German, that would mean 'Castle of the Zexen' which is the opposite of what I'm trying to indicate. The first time around, I named it 'this old' so they would always refer to it as 'this old Castle' We will defend the castle! this old! this old!!

Anyway, back to Lilly, I look forward to running into her in the game and I happen to think her outfit would compliment Augustine's pretty well.

Rosiel
11-07-2002, 02:15 PM
> we have confirmation on Albert

Yup. And "Albert" and "Yuber" spent a good part of last night laughing at the preposterous amount of Japanese websites dedicated to Al/Yu & Yu/Al. >__<;;;;;

> (and Rosi wants her Destroyers *laughs*)

You talked me into it! You better supply my Destroyers! LOL.

As a side note, Destroyers, here is a height comparison chart (http://www2.seian.ac.jp/~ethernote/crimson-EX/e_shincho.html)(which is more or less accurate based on the extensive research I did last night).

So, Celine, you're not allowed to wear heels or I won't look tall enough! =) You're about 5"6' or so right?

> and then I shall have fun photoshopping myself in with.. ... myself. >_>;

That will be the best!

> he's complaining about the armor u.u;

I wonder why... if armor was easy you'd have a Borus walking around AX.

> what my livejournal turned into- My Adventures with Suikoden. With lots of WHEE! XD

That sounds like MY livejournal too. When was the last non-Suikoden related post I wrote?

*crickets chirping*

khamryn
11-07-2002, 03:37 PM
>That sounds like MY livejournal too. When was the last non-Suikoden related post I wrote?

Sounds like what mine's turning into.... o.O;;;;; Eh hehehe.. aside from the IM flamer that was too amusing not to post... ^_^

Erm.. erm... anyone here know how to modify... sandles? ::staring at Hugo's shoes. sssttaarrreee.::

Rosiel
11-07-2002, 03:44 PM
> Erm.. erm... anyone here know how to modify... sandles? ::staring at Hugo's shoes. sssttaarrreee.::

You're playing through way too fast for me to keep up! You're in Chapter 4? I'm still struggling with Thomas and he keeps on dying on me to SPITE ME!

Shadra D
11-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Sandals! Um.. I guess, just get a pair of flipflops, with the cheap plastic thong that goes all the way through the foam and has a broad, flat piece on the bottom to keep it from pulling through. Just snip that off with scissors (may be a bit of work, not sure) and remove all of that... because those things will KILL your feet, and plastic is hard to work with. You'll want to replace it with either soft leather or some kind of strong cloth that won't kill your poor toesies. Secure some kind of flat stopper at the bottom, under the sandal, and then at the top, as you see, where it attaches to that piece of, what I'm thinking, is either leather or thick cloth.

The two other holes left from the other securings of the plastic thong are where the other two black strips will be secured, those either go up the calf and secure under the decorative shinguards, or they may hold above the heel, securing it that way. I really can't say, as all I have, at the moment, is the main character illustration c.c;;

Oh, for that pale yellow part of the sandal, where the black part that goes between his toes attaches to, I guess you can just sew it like a tube.. sew it to the sandal and you'd be slipping your foot through it, and it'd be secured, too, but the flat strip of the same stuff that goes around the bottom, keeping the heel in place.

All in all, they -do- look pretty comfortable... I think you just need to make sure they're tight and secure and then you could run around in them and fight and stuff!

... and that probably makes no sense, but.. eh o.o;;

Yuna_Braska
11-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Uhh... does anyone mind if I cosplay Geddoe? ^^ heee? ^^

khamryn
11-07-2002, 10:56 PM
>You're playing through way too fast for me to keep up! You're in Chapter 4? I'm still struggling with Thomas and he keeps on dying on me to SPITE ME!

Mwee hee hee.. the beauty of being a college student. >.> Too much time on hands. hahahaha.

Shadra D- :;saves all that:: yay. :D Thanks.. i'll give it a try when i start on it. :D gotta wait for the warmer months for the sandles though methinks.. hehe

Celine
11-08-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Yuna_Braska
Uhh... does anyone mind if I cosplay Geddoe? ^^ heee? ^^

Mind?? Are you kidding?? It'd be awesome to see a Geddoe!! ^_^ When would you be making it for?

Yuna_Braska
11-08-2002, 10:48 AM
Uhh... well... if it's ok... the AX group, since I'll most likely be taggin' along with Khamryn.... Or we'll be taking my car or something ^^ hehe

khamryn
11-08-2002, 01:04 PM
::Drags Yuna Braska with to AX:: XD XD I am evil. muahahhaa. First: Ax.. next.. THE WORLD!! j/k... ::has a bit too much energy.::

Edit- Anyone mind if Miyu does out-of-armor-Chris? ::looks at Aeris and everyone.::

Rosiel
11-08-2002, 02:26 PM
> Edit- Anyone mind if Miyu does out-of-armor-Chris? ::looks at Aeris and everyone.::

I guess Aeris has the last word on that since she claimed Chris... although she did not mention what con she would wear it to.

^___^

Although I must say, my personal preference would be not to have doubles as it doesn't look as good and leads to awkward situations (like, say, my trying to run my swords through any other Yuber LOL).

Hungryjack
11-08-2002, 03:23 PM
leads to awkward situations (like, say, my trying to run my swords through any other Yuber LOL).

You'd better watch out, Rosiel. Your list of people to run through is getting kind of long. After Hugo and any Yuber imposters, will you still have the strength to handle surprises?

Rosiel
11-08-2002, 03:52 PM
> You'd better watch out, Rosiel. Your list of people to run through is getting kind of long. After Hugo and any Yuber imposters, will you still have the strength to handle surprises?

I have a lot of ambition and the stamina to back it up!
I can run on chocolate for days!

But I don't want to kill Hugo anymore. I'm playing through his scenario and lo and behold he does not suck as much as Geddoe! (Geddoe is so bland he syphons the willpower right out of me, and I can't get worked up enough to even want him dead.) And I can't hate him when his gryphon is named Fubar! LOL.

I really got attached to Thomas, to my utmost surprise. He drove me insane at first, dying by one hit of the pink bunnies on the plains, but he grew on me somehow... a little like mold in the back of the refrigerator I guess. LOL

khamryn
11-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Rosiel- Yeah.. I figured as much. And naturally agree on the no repeats being nice. :D But she made me ask. eh hehe. ::Stares at Adella now.::

Of course Hugo dun suck!!! ::Cuddles Hugo:: ;.; He's a cute lil grasslander :p

Yuna_Braska
11-09-2002, 02:59 PM
;-; my poor little Geddoe. Don't worry, Geddoe, I'll always like you (because I'm a pervy scruffy man fancier, oh yea.)

*glomps Geddoe* I bought the fabric for that yesterday... uhh... actually, i have a few questioonnnsss...

http://home.attbi.com/~Regina2012/ged.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions about the boots and the gloves? I have some ideas about it....... like... for the gloves, buying men's riding or hawking gloves and modifying them (and buying them like.... two... sizes too big because his gloves are huge) and then... buying some knee-high boots, and then modifying them with chording. x.x yea.

Rosiel
11-09-2002, 06:19 PM
> ;-; my poor little Geddoe. Don't worry, Geddoe, I'll always like you (because I'm a pervy scruffy man fancier, oh yea.)

From that sentence I BET you're an Aragorn fan! LMAO.

> for the gloves, buying men's riding or hawking gloves and modifying them (and buying them like.... two... sizes too big because his gloves are huge)

...would be a great idea. Believe me you DO NOT want to make gloves. Listen to me repeat: you DO NOT want to make gloves.

I tried and it nearly killed me. X____X

> and then... buying some knee-high boots, and then modifying them with chording. x.x yea.

You don't even need knee-high ones. Just get shoes that look right (hiking boots would look perfect) and make boot covers out of fake suede or fabric then add the details. It'll probably be cheaper too.

Since I am completely anal-retentive, how tall are you?
I should try to find Geddoe's official height just to know if you need heels or not. (Whee! An excuse to browse Japanese Suiko3 websites!)

Although I have to admit I'll be a chibi Yuber, even if the /relative/ heights will be ok, at least for the Destroyers.

And a question for Suikoden fans... would it be shameful if I had one red eye one blue eye but not one SLITTED (cat-eye) red eye one normal blue eye? The contacts that would look perfect only come in plano and while I can function without vision correction, it limits my ability to gawk at other people's costumes. ^___^ (But then, the world looks SO pretty as a tradeoff.)

khamryn
11-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Rosiel- she's my height. :x ::Can't help piping up.. lives 10 minutes from Yuna Braska.:: :) ::Blink:: I wouldn't mind if you just had the one red one blue and not slitted red. @@ if you find out the heights.. lemme know. XD ages would be cool too o.O;;

Rosiel
11-09-2002, 09:39 PM
> I wouldn't mind if you just had the one red one blue and not slitted red. @@

I am a horribly anal-retentive about details so I am still unsure of the way I will go. X__X I mean I just spent two hours figuring out how to make a Zechs costume with the seams at the same place his are (read: in all the WRONG places).

> if you find out the heights.. lemme know. XD ages would be cool too o.O;;

I'll have to look again... ^___^ I'm trolling Suikoden fanart sites at the moment and drooling all over the carpet. Stupid cold, I'm sleepy and it's only 9:30 on this end.

khamryn
11-09-2002, 09:50 PM
>I am a horribly anal-retentive about details so I am still unsure of the way I will go. X__X I mean I just spent two hours figuring out how to make a Zechs costume with the seams at the same place his are (read: in all the WRONG places).

@.@ Eee.. well.. I spose I shouldn't talk.. ::kinda anal too:: hehe

>I'll have to look again... ^___^ I'm trolling Suikoden fanart sites at the moment and drooling all over the carpet. Stupid cold, I'm sleepy and it's only 9:30 on this end.

Okay. ^^ Erk.. your sick too? x.x bah... stupid colds indeed. ::nod:: ::Trying to figure out where i'd get a wide leather belt for Hugo::

Yggdrasil Pie
11-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Eh....height... I'm gonna feel so weird around everyone... I think everyone's gonna be 5-10 inches taller than me... T____T

Rosiel
11-10-2002, 10:55 AM
> Eh....height... I'm gonna feel so weird around everyone... I think everyone's gonna be 5-10 inches taller than me... T____T

Well it could be /good/, depending on which character you choose. ^___^ Will you be cosplaying with us?

Jack will have to kneel for group pictures because I am supposed to be the tallest. LOL. And with my heels and my hat I might be about 6 feet tall... Which would still be about 2 inches shorter than Yuber, tall non-human thing that he is. X__X

Rosiel
11-10-2002, 01:40 PM
As a side note to Celine, Katan, and Shad, at the Ancient Highway point at the beginning of Hugo chapter 2 you get really good shots of the /backs/ of the Destroyers. I for one needed that for Yuber...

^___^

Yggdrasil Pie
11-10-2002, 05:53 PM
> Eh....height... I'm gonna feel so weird around everyone... I think everyone's gonna be 5-10 inches taller than me... T____T

Well it could be /good/, depending on which character you choose. ^___^ Will you be cosplaying with us?

Jack will have to kneel for group pictures because I am supposed to be the tallest. LOL. And with my heels and my hat I might be about 6 feet tall... Which would still be about 2 inches shorter than Yuber, tall non-human thing that he is. X__X

Of course I'm gonna be cosplaying with you all! ^^ Except, I'm supposed to go as Ayame, the ninja...and I'm like 5'1 (Very very short ^^;;)

I'm not really sure about Ayame's true height though...

You're really tall!! I'm gonna look up at you...^^;;;

Yuna_Braska
11-10-2002, 07:22 PM
>> ;-; my poor little Geddoe. Don't worry, Geddoe, I'll always like you (because I'm a pervy scruffy man fancier, oh yea.)

>From that sentence I BET you're an Aragorn fan! LMAO.

Me? A rugged kinda man fancier? *grins* how'd you guess?? ^^ though I really... really... like... Boromir. Purrrrrrr ^^ hehehehe

>>for the gloves, buying men's riding or hawking gloves and modifying them (and buying them like.... two... sizes too big because his gloves are huge)

>...would be a great idea. Believe me you DO NOT want to make >gloves. Listen to me repeat: you DO NOT want to make gloves.

>I tried and it nearly killed me. X____X

Eeeeeee... I'll take your advice on that one hehe ^^

>>and then... buying some knee-high boots, and then modifying them with chording. x.x yea.

>You don't even need knee-high ones. Just get shoes that look >right (hiking boots would look perfect) and make boot covers >out of fake suede or fabric then add the details. It'll probably be >cheaper too.

Oh... I dunno.... The idea of covers really doesn't... float my boat, so to speak. I dunno, I think I'd just rather buy the boots and then modify them.... I could probably find them somewhere second hand or something like that... maybe going over to the thrift store or something, see if they're right...

>Since I am completely anal-retentive, how tall are you?

hehehehehe. That's the way I usually am too, especially in group things like this... I'm 5'4" or 5'5", somewhere around there.... ^^ uhh... let's see... oh yea...

hehehe... Ok, well.... I've been talking with Kham about Gettoe's costume, and... I actually have a question for some people, maybe Rosiel can give me an answer about what she thinks.... x.x yea.

Anywayyy....

http://home.attbi.com/~Regina2012/ged.jpg (just in case you can't find the link above...)

Now... if you look at the costume there.... on Geddoe's left side (our right as we look at the picture) he has a big part of his coat cut out, and it looks like... a shirt maybe underneath or something? Maybe though it's just chording... but it looks like it is cut out there, because the coat below his belt is really like that.... but anyway... to get onto my real issue here....

I'm wondering if the sleeves are actually attached to the jacket, or are they a part of that shirt underneath? If they are, then i can get away with using a little less fabric to do this with, if they are, then I can get away with wearing a muscle shirt or an undershirt or something so that i don't die and overheat. lol..

Oh, and also... the shoulder pieces... what do you think I should make them out of? They seem very... stiff... or something. Maybe it's just that I need to put shoulder pads in the shoulders or something to make my shoulders SQUARE LIKE A DAMN FOOTBALL PLAYER... MUHAHAHAHA

Sorry. ^^

And any ideas for the front parts where the leather is tied together as to what I should use? Maybe hot gluing black cording together would work (if no one else has noticed, they are also attached to the overcoat, so somehow I'll be doing that...) to get the effect of the leather peices being tied together with those little leather thongs, because I -know- that it won't stay together just by tying it. Ideas?

^_^ hee

khamryn
11-10-2002, 07:34 PM
>.> completely unrelated but someday i swear i will do percival. for what actually coaxed me... ::giggle:: an amusing thing including me shiney and clinky. :D haha

Shadra D
11-10-2002, 10:45 PM
dead on feet z.z

Nekocon was cool. Rosi, saw your stalker. Found a guy who looked like Ged o_O now I go crashycrash z.z;;;

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 12:50 AM
OK, since I am new to cosplay and I'm all excited about assembling my Augustine costume (and because a big group of us went to the Renaissance Festival this weekend) I got some hard-to-make goodies.

First off, Augustine's sword. Well, it's a little small. By small, I don't mean freakishly small, but it looks more like a shortsword than a longsword, but the important part is that it has the right kind of handle/pommel and all in gold and the sheath is even blue. Needless to say it came home with me.

Secondly, the leather sword belt. Well, Augustine's is brown, and this one is black. Other than that, it's the exact right style. Well, yeah, I know I could have probably fabricated one a lot cheaper, but there's just something cool about having the real deal.

Third, the hat. I have his hat now. Down to the blue fabric ring around the black hat with one side pinned up. I even got a blue plume, which I wont be using for Augustine, but I'm sure I'll find another use for it later.

Lastly the boots. I kinda deviated on this one. His are brown moccasin-type boots. I got black leather thigh-highs--the kind you fold down at the knee. At first I hesitated to spend the money for real leather boots because they weren't cheap, but then I started thinking about how I had to use boot covers for my Captain Morgan and how I have my Zoro costume in the works as well. The decision really wasn't that hard.

So what's left? Well, the long blonde wig, but that's no problem. After that, I need a tie-up frilly white shirt, black pants (tights? :eek: ) and the blue vest, which we're going to make, and I'm going to get every piece of gold piping perfect on it.

I'm sooo far over budget already, but I couldn't be happier right now. Do I sound excited? WHEEEEE!

P.S. - For the record, Augustine will probably be 6'3" plus the hat so I may have to take a knee for group pics.

Shadra D
11-11-2002, 05:18 AM
Ahhh, ok, mind is back. Ged costume~!

No, he is wearing a shirt and a coat over it. However, so you don't die, you may want to make a light undershirt and sew the heavy sleeves on to that, maybe even just making something of a vest to sew on to the undershirt. You must be very careful that it will never show when the coat moves, however.

The coat itself is very strange (as if you haven't already noticed), in that it's something you slip one arm though, and the other gets the coat clipped beneath the arm, on his side.

As for the ties on the leather straps, hot melt glue won't do the job alone. really, it's not that difficult if you just make two pairs of holes next to each other, get some thick leather cording, and then loop them through, tying the ends underneath. The leather straps move a lot, see, if they were all stiff he wouldn't be able to fight o.o v

If you have any more detail questions, just lemme know c_C

Rosiel
11-11-2002, 09:56 AM
> P.S. - For the record, Augustine will probably be 6'3" plus the hat so I may have to take a knee for group pics.

Yes you will because you will dwarf Yuber! And no one is allowed to dwarf Yuber! LOL

I can't wait to see your costume! I love Augustine, he's so... what's the politically correct word? Eccentric. ;)

Back on the topic of Yuber...

I'm having the hardest time locating Yuber's strange "quaker" hat with the round top and the flat sides. X___X I trolled the web for hours with no real success...

I did find the perfect contacts, all that is left is going to the optometrist to get a prescription that's not 4 years old... I hate going to the optometrist, and I wonder if I can persuade him to write down my prescription as lower... each time I get contacts that match my vision exactly, it weakens dramatically. Did anyone else experience that?

Shadra D
11-11-2002, 10:07 AM
I will get to the costume place again sometime. They have a HUGE aisle of hats, and I think they have one like that o_o I'll look again!

*gloooooooooomp* WUVVLES!

No.. no sleep for Shadra ~_~;

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 10:19 AM

I did find the perfect contacts, all that is left is going to the optometrist to get a prescription that's not 4 years old... I hate going to the optometrist, and I wonder if I can persuade him to write down my prescription as lower... each time I get contacts that match my vision exactly, it weakens dramatically. Did anyone else experience that?

Nevermind getting an eye checkup for routine body maintenance, but when it comes to cosplay, we spare no expense :p

Rosiel
11-11-2002, 10:22 AM
> Nevermind getting an eye checkup for routine body maintenance, but when it comes to cosplay, we spare no expense

LOL. I avoid going to doctors/dentists/optometrists/etc as much as possible, but now I am stuck. Yes! I will brave the evil men and their letter-charts for cosplay! LOL

Seriously, I hate going the the optometrist due to the correlation I found between upping my prescription and my vision going down faster than usual. (My vision really started deteriorating when I started wearing glasses/contacts all the time as opposed to when I refused to wear them.)

khamryn
11-11-2002, 10:26 AM
>.> Well everyone else is posting questions about costumes.. ::Coughs.::

I think I've discovered where I can get the leather for a decent price to make that huge wide belt.. and the black string/beads shouldn't be a problem... but how am I going to make the gold decorations so that they a. don't fall off and b. don't break. o.O;; no sculpy use for this! u.u;;;;

There's also his bracelets... I haven't got a clue how to make something sturdy that's that thick. u.u;

Shadra D
11-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Bracelets: wood

decorations: gold vinyl

I can explain in more detail when I'm not so dead z.z;;;

khamryn
11-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Shadra- Problem.. I don't work with wood.. u.u;... and gold vinyl seems a bit flimsy for it.. o.O;;

Shadra D
11-12-2002, 11:53 AM
I could possibly make more props for people, but I'd worry about matching colors... you could make them out of sculpy if you're careful and sand it when you're through, then paint, but it'd take a lot of anal detail work to make them look right.

Most of the gold decoration can be cut from the vinyl with a sharp exacto blade and both glued and sewn on with pale/tan thread with very very small stitches. To make it look good will take, like any costume, a heck of a lot of time and patience, but it can be done! o.o v

khamryn
11-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Shadra- I've already ruled sculpy out actually. u.u; It'd break way too easy being on a big belt... and I like making things myself so no worries. :D About the vinyl.. I want to use something 3 dimensional and the prospect of sewing tiny little vinyl tubes scares me. o.o Oh well.. I'll figure something out. u.u;

Rosiel
11-12-2002, 12:43 PM
> Most of the gold decoration can be cut from the vinyl with a sharp exacto blade and both glued and sewn on with pale/tan thread with very very small stitches.

You'll want to spray paint the wrong side gold around the edges of the white backing will show. And gold vinyl is too shiny for tan thread. Get gold.

As for cutting small sewing scissors work best. Good quality vinyl is so stretchy exacto blades will not cut well.

(Experiences gleaned from Ramirez)

If you want 3D you don't need to sew little tubes... why not get gold cord? They make the elastic kind that is round or half circle to begin with..

khamryn
11-12-2002, 12:59 PM
>.> Good ideas Rosiel but i don't think the cord will work for the big pieces... ::has been sketching off the pics.:: its.. odd. i should scan what i have but its downstairs and i feel lazy. :D

round or half circle to begin with? @.@;; huh?

Shadra D
11-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Er, I meant sculpy for the bracelets c.c;; instead of wood.

As for the belt decorations, really, all they are are intricate weaves of a tan or gold colored leather... for a costume, you'd probably use vinyl, and.. argh, it's hard to put in words @.@;;;

maybe I can do a diagram sometime @.@;;

But the materials you'd probably want to get would be sold at a country/western store, or you could find stuff like it in Michael's craft store.. uh.. brain is so dead @_@

Hungryjack
11-12-2002, 05:16 PM
I am having HELL finding reference pictures of Augustine. So far, I have found one single picture that is useful. Alternately, I can just walk into the painting room of the castle and see him from all sides as he walks around. It looks like I'll be making his vest, which I am excited about and dreading at the same time. I'm also trying to think of ways to fabricate his sword in case I have problems bringing in the metal sword I have.

If anyone knows of anywhere where I can get even one more reference picture of Augustine, I'd be very grateful. Here's the one I have.

Shadra D
11-12-2002, 05:31 PM
That's the only published official illustration of him. Your best bet is to ask someone to get a screenshot of the back of his costume and work from that. As he's a rather minor character, you're unlikely to find anything more o_O; What are you having trouble with?

Hungryjack
11-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Not having trouble with anything right now. It's just always good to have as much reference material as possible. I found that picture about ten minutes before I posted the message so my frustration level is very low right now.

I found a place to get an art book featuring all 108 stars of Suikoden II. Maybe it's a little early to hope for the same for Suikoden III but it would be cool if one came out, not just for my character, but as a general reference to all the characters.

I have thought about your idea of getting stuff from the game. I noticed that when in the painting room, sometimes, you can get the camera to zoom in on things in the foreground. I may use that trick to fill in any blanks (it's not like there's a cult of Augustine purists to call me on inaccuracies anyhow--although Augustine would be very flattered if there was)

I guess I just got spoiled by the way I could grab characters from the journal and rotate them in Kingdom Hearts. That sure made things easier.

Shadra D
11-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Heh, yeah. There is an artbook with all 108 characters, with information and at least one illustration, but the one you linked to is the only one that exists, as far as I know ^^; I can ask my friends who have it if there's anything more, but as far as I know, there isn't ~_~;

Rosiel
11-12-2002, 06:48 PM
> it's not like there's a cult of Augustine purists to call me on inaccuracies anyhow--although Augustine would be very flattered if there was

I don't have anything useful to say other than drinking while reading this post was /almost/ a bad idea.

Since you can see people's backs in battles it could help too.
I had the hardest time finding the back of Yuber's suit! X___X

Spike_CBbebop
11-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Umm...you guys don't mind if I try to be Watari?...do you?^^;

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 12:15 AM
We don't have one as of yet, and since we have an Ayame, a Watari would be great!

YAAAAAAAAAAAY, Ninjas RULE!

Spike_CBbebop
11-13-2002, 12:18 AM
yay!...well..Ayame is the one who talked me into beening Watari!!heh^^;;

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 12:31 AM
's what I thought >D Coolness! How are you going to do his hair? n.n He's got such cool hair *_*

Celine
11-13-2002, 12:37 AM
(relevant) Yay, Watari! We'll be haaaappy to have you!!!! ^_^

(irrelevant) I JUST GOT TO WATARI. He's mysterious! I like his design... ^_^

khamryn
11-13-2002, 12:49 AM
Shadra- >.>;;; Oh.. well.. I'm gonna have to buy leather for the belt anyway. ^__^ hehe. Why not a bit for the rest? :)

Spike- WATARI! YESSS!!!!!!!!! ::Cheers:: Hot ninja! XD hehe

Celine- ::likes his design too:: his hair also rocks.. ^___^ hehe

Spike_CBbebop
11-13-2002, 09:20 AM
His hair is going to be easy.I'm going to be Haru for the AX03,I'm in Ayame's skit for her Fruits Basket thing...expect we got no plot.Just name "Pick On Kyou Day". So it's no prob for me!XD

Rosiel
11-13-2002, 09:50 AM
As a side note, any of you know how to braid hair in what we call "fishtail"? I noticed that ("noticed that" such a casual way to say "I was staring intently at Yuber's butt when my eyes strayed a little higher..." LOL) Yuber's braid is not a normal braid, but a fishtail braid, and while I can do it on other people, it's too hard to do on myself.

So, well, Shad? Someone?

(Luc braiding Yuber's hair would be so daaaaaaaaarling, although if we follow Japanese crackpot pairings, the task should befall Albert.)

khamryn
11-13-2002, 10:30 AM
Rosiel- Hmm... I recognized it for a fishtail braid but I'm unsure of how to do one.... ::Ponder.:: I've always wanted to learn though... hehe. ^_^

Rosiel
11-13-2002, 10:51 AM
> I've always wanted to learn though... hehe. ^_^

I guess if someone else in our group has semi-long hair I could show you how to do it and then you could braid my hair! =)

Fishtails are a /pain/ to do to yourself. X___X

Celine
11-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Cool! Let's turn Suikoden cosplay into hair styling class! ^_^ Honestly, I'd love to know how you do that type of braid. One day... when I have long hair, I'll try it all out! However, my knowledge right now of braids is pretty limited. ^^ Just normal and french-braid.

edit: ooh! oooh! Also, here's a little Suikoden 3 cosplay site http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~cocolu/gensui3-10.html Yay Suikoden!!!

Hungryjack
11-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Is this the fishtail braid you are referring to?

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip462.htm

Rosiel
11-13-2002, 11:35 AM
> Is this the fishtail braid you are referring to?

Yes! So, any volunteers to braid Yuber's hair? ^___^

Which might be trickier than a normal fishtail braid if my hair doesn't reach Yuber-length by AX (which I see as a VERY distinct possibility as my hair has been boycotting getting any longer for a while) as extensions will have to be braided in...

Come on, it's a challenge! LOL

Hungryjack
11-13-2002, 11:44 AM
> Which might be trickier than a normal fishtail braid if my hair doesn't reach Yuber-length by AX (which I see as a VERY distinct possibility as my hair has been boycotting getting any longer for a while) as extensions will have to be braided in...

Heh, my hair is about an inch long. How are my odds? I'm thinking I'll be wearing a wig :) :) :) But the good news is that Augustine appears to have a regular braid.

Celine - Cool link. I see Thomas and Hugo, but I really don't recognize the others.

khamryn
11-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Rosiel- That could work. ^_^ ::g::

Celine- Hehe yeah! With all those hairstyles we'll all become super-good at it. hehehe

HungryJack- he has a braid? i was sure it was just wavy and tied near the bottem.. @@

edit- ::stares at link:: >.>;; now.. how am i going to do that good? ::whimper:: x.x oh yeah.. cuz i'm a perfectionist.. ~_~;; ::rolls up sleeves.::

Spike_CBbebop
11-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I haven't seen a picture of Yuber with braid. The one I've seen is just long at the back.

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 08:17 PM
I almost got dissuaded by that link too, but.. GAH! Must out do them! Turn intimidation into energy, that's what I say! you can do it, Kham! :D

Oh, and our Nash tells me that she has a friend who wants to do a photo shoot for our cosplay group o_O start planning now! :D

Celine
11-13-2002, 10:25 PM
Hungryjack- You saw a Thomas on there? ^^ I thought it was just Hugo, Sasarai, Luc, and Sera...

The braid in Yuber's hair starts at the bottom of his neck... so it kind of looks like a ponytail in some shots- but it's definitely the fishtail braid when you see it up close.

Next time I go out to JoAnns, I'm going to be buying stuff for Sera!! eeee! I need to decide what sorts of fabric I want to use... hmmm...

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm actually thinking of velvet for Sasa's happy jacket suit, and denim for the pants.. the velvet looks incredibly good in those photos, and for such a fancy uniform, I could believe it would be used. As for Sera, I would think that cotton broadcloth for the blue/white part of her dress.. the coverlet sorta thingy. For her shirt, something woven and thick, though I'm not sure.. Not sure about her skirt either.. eeeegh, I'm not very helpful!

For Luc's jacked, I'd be using leather as much as possible, vinyl in some parts, and perhaps a green canvas for the sleeves.. vinyl for the cuffs.

Hmmm... hm. As for the cosplay site, I saw the CUTEST Sasarai and Luc pictures, and there was an adorable fishing trip, and one of the Bocchans was amazing (the snow pictures)

My favorite picture, though, is probably Luc in the river.. of course, I was like, 'NO, COSTUME WET BAD!!' after a while, but.. it's just such a lovely picture. I want to e-mail gushing compliments to them.. sure wish I knew more japanese ~_~;

That one Sera, though her costume has the wrong colors, has a fantastic wig o_o I was also highly impressed by the Hugo! Woooowww... there are always improvements to be made, of course, but that was still pretty dang good! And.. I loved the Sasa and Luc pics @@; I know I said that already, but... NNNG ;;;;_;;;;

Oh well. I really should concentrate on Katsucon c.c;; need pink fabric e.e;

Hungryjack
11-13-2002, 11:31 PM
I stand corrected. Augustine has no braid. Not sure where I got the impression he did.

Also, maybe it wasn't Thomas. That would mean Hugo is the only one I recognize. Either the others are from earlier Suikodens or I have not made it far enough to recognize the others.

I'm almost 60 hours in and I still havent made it to chapter 4 yet. I'm starting to get a complex about it. Now Geddoe has to duel Duke and not only do I suck at duel in general, my hits don't even register on Duke, yet when I lose, I have to start over from my save point. That one's a doozy.

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 11:48 PM
No, Thomas wasn't on that site n.n the one that Celine directly linked to had Sasarai, Luc, and Hugo, and then some group shots. The main picture page had a lot more characters from Suikoden 1 and 2, though n_n

And expect to put over 100 hours into this game. On average, each chapter can take up to 20 hours if you complete it thoroughly, or so Howling Guild said c-c she's a completist, though, if you rush through, you could probably do each one in about 10, if not less.

Wheee~~~

Shadra D
11-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Oh, yes. o_o and it's possible that we may have a Sgt. Joe cosplayer.

Fear.

Hungryjack
11-13-2002, 11:57 PM
The problem is that I mostly play at night, so I pick up the game and play for an hour, then I start getting drowsy, but I continue to play and I miss details so I have to explore all the areas until I happen onto the right place again. Plus, I'm trying to get every single one of the 108 stars. I fear I may have missed my chance on a couple of them, though. We shall see...

Example: I started Geddoe chapter 3 last night. Apparently I was supposed to go to Vinay del Zexay, but I didn't know that because I'll bet I was half asleep when it went across the screen. So I start on the east side of the map and explore EVERY area on my way over. I did pick up the newspaper guy as a result, though. Furthermore, everyone in Geddoe's party has all skill slots full now and all skills and spells have been trained to max and everyone has over 1000 skill points that are going unused. Everyone in my party is level 42 or so with all the best defense eq I can find, 999,999 potch, and level 10 weapons, yet still I cannot beat this Duke guy in a duel and Geddoe continues to not be able to hit the butterflies.

If I got laid off, I could probably get some quality game time in and maybe make some real progress... hmm.

Hungryjack
11-13-2002, 11:57 PM
Oh, yes. o_o and it's possible that we may have a Sgt. Joe cosplayer.

Fear.

NO WAY!!!

Celine
11-14-2002, 12:47 AM
>Oh, yes. o_o and it's possible that we may have a Sgt. Joe cosplayer.

*fears lots*

>Either the others are from earlier Suikodens or I have not made it far enough to recognize the others.

Ah, you've run across them... just you may not have gotten a good long look at their costumes. ^_^

>Everyone in my party is level 42 or so with all the best defense eq I can find, 999,999 potch, and level 10 weapons, yet still I cannot beat this Duke guy in a duel and Geddoe continues to not be able to hit the butterflies.

Those damn butterflies!!! ^_^;;; Why do they bother Geddoe so?? Anyway, that is weird, I think I beat Duke down at about level 33. You're talking about the one in that weird place north of Vinay del Zexay, right? Errr... be sure to defend whenever he desperate attacks... that's all the advice I can think of right now. ^^

I can't get that jerk of a bath guy to join me- I think he's refused all of my characters. Except maybe Hugo, since I don't think Hugo's been allowed that far west in chapters... I haven't found the newspaper guy. I didn't have the right selection of people for the theatre guy. I basically just suck at the game.

Hungryjack
11-14-2002, 12:58 AM
I can't get that jerk of a bath guy to join me- I think he's refused all of my characters. Except maybe Hugo, since I don't think Hugo's been allowed that far west in chapters... I haven't found the newspaper guy. I didn't have the right selection of people for the theatre guy. I basically just suck at the game.

If you want the bath guy, bring an appraiser in your party. As for the theatre guy, only Geddoe can get to the city where he is and I am unable to change up Geddoe's party, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get him. It's a shame too, since I hear people saying the theatre scripts are hillarious when you put odd people in the various roles.

Shadra: Tell me about this Sgt. Joe candidate. You can't just idly mention you may have a Joe and then not explain. I am dying to know about this.

khamryn
11-14-2002, 01:04 AM
Shadra- :D Actually I really looked at the Hugo... it seems rather... not well made in my humble opinion.. :x and >.> I only have 40 or so on the game and i'm to roughly the end.. u.u; A Joe would be awesome! XD

HungryJack- I got the bath guy but there's no bath house. ;.; Its not fair. ::sulks.:: as for the theatre guy... i got there with hugo in.. ch 4.. or 5... u.u;;

Shadra D
11-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Perhaps my standards are too low, then? o.- I've seen only one other Hugo cosplayer and that wasn't so good, so.. Ah, well. n.n

As for Nadir, you need a party comprised of, ah.. what was it.. 3 men, two women, and a child? Or.. lemme check... Yes, I was right. As for the bath guy.. yeah, someone like Mio is good to have along.

And for Sgt. Joe.. He's also known as Clive Van Houten from suikosource.com, a friend of mine, and cosplayer as well n_n and he really likes the duck for some reason o_O;; so.. if he can make it to AX, which he's really not sure about right now, he'll have Sgt. Joe and will overwhelm us with his utter coolness.. or so he will have me believe *laughs*

Celine
11-14-2002, 08:59 AM
>As for the theatre guy, only Geddoe can get to the city where he is and I am unable to change up Geddoe's party, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get him.

I never went back to Caleria with Geddoe... I found him in Chris 3, but at a time when my entire party was fixed (BAH to those stupid ducks, I say). I figured that in chapter 4, I'm bound to get some more flexibility and I'll try it again.

>He's also known as Clive Van Houten from suikosource.com

I thought he was doing Albert. ^^; Eh... I'll give up and let you people keep who is doing what straight.

Shadra D
11-14-2002, 09:28 AM
No, someone else took over that ~_~

It's alright, I've got -most- things straight @.@ except our friggin cast list! *laughs*

Rosiel
11-14-2002, 09:50 AM
>I'm actually thinking of velvet for Sasa's happy jacket suit, and denim for the pants..

Noooooooo! It would look so bad! X____X

He travels in that outfit, it's a UNIFORM no matter how fancy it looks. You need some nice stiff cloth to get all the folds to look right and clean and starched.

> the velvet looks incredibly good in those photo

I don't think so. X__X I think it looks rather bad, sorry to say. It reminds me of this Zechs cosplayer who made his uniform out of velvet, it looked so tacky...

> As for Sera, I would think that cotton broadcloth for the blue/white part of her dress.. the coverlet sorta thingy.

For Sera I could see something a little more fancy, but not too much, as she does travel in the dress.

> I thought he was doing Albert. ^^;

Nope. Since he wasn't sure he would come it ended up that Katan will do Albert. She is 100% sure she will come and we (ok, I) want a full set of Destroyers. ^__^

And now for the Suikorant!

THOMAS YOU IMBECILE!

I'm stuck in Thomas2, it's the most random chapter ever where I never know what to and where after going through the same room 10 times an event happens. I am /so/ lost and /so/ frustrated.

khamryn
11-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Shadra- Nah... I think its just cuz I wanna do the costume.. its good, yes, but it doesn't look very.. durable etc. ^^

Shadra D
11-14-2002, 02:28 PM
*flails* Oh come on, Rosi, you know I couldn't afford any velvet anyway *laughs*

And, if you say so, Khamryn n_n

Rosiel
11-14-2002, 02:31 PM
> Oh come on, Rosi, you know I couldn't afford any velvet anyway *laughs*

You're my friend so I have to be the Good Taste Brigade to make sure you don't look tacky in your costume!

Hence I veto the "Sasarai made all out of mirrors" too.

LMAO

Shadra D
11-14-2002, 04:35 PM
But that would be so cool!!

khamryn
11-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Shadra- I do. Hehe. u.u; It makes me feel more secure anyway. ::laugh::

Rosiel- you have the best way of typing. XD

Shadra D
11-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Khamryn: *laughs* Awesome >D

You know.. I wonder if anyone here will cosplay as the Fire Hero o_o I know it's been done a few times, though in America, I can't remember.. probably should have one... *is squishing her little Fire Hero plushie* Squiiiiiiiishhh

Celine
11-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Shadra- ElfEater made a Fire Hero for somebody... the link is on one of the first pages of this thread.

By the way, I officially hate this game. Plot-wise, it just pissed me off (finished chapter 4. GRRRRRR). I hate all of the main characters, except Thomas. And the game won't let me play as him, because it is evil. I don't want to play as ANYONE ELSE. They all suck. And, in many other ways it aggravates me because every time I turn it on I find another character I need to cosplay. My sad list keeps growing... argh!

>I'm stuck in Thomas2, it's the most random chapter ever where I never know what to and where after going through the same room 10 times an event happens. I am /so/ lost and /so/ frustrated.

I like Thomas chapters. I miss Thomas chapters and the unending, idiotic walking-around-recruiting-people thing. It never does tell you where to go, though sometimes Piccolo gives moderately useful clues. Walking in circles helps. I want to restart the game and try it all over again, and see if it doesn't irritate me the second time around. *mopes*

But the game is calling me back... see what it says to me? (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~tsl/happy5.JPG)

CliveVanHouten
11-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Hello. I've been meaning to join Cosplay.com for a while, but I suppose I'm just so busy with other things that I just never got around to it. Anyhow, nice to meet all of you. ^_^

From reading the posts here it seems like you all would prefer that someone who is 100% able to attend AX next year to go as Albert Silverberg. Thatís the best idea, as I am unsure if I will be able to make it there or not. Itís on the opposite side of the United States from where I live and I could have college plans that could interfere with AX. Itís something Iíll have to play by ear. Anyway, Iím glad that you all have a backup plan for gathering all of the Destroyers, besides Albertís costume is quite a sewing job for someone as inexperienced at the hobby as I am. ^^; Iím more of a props and armour guy. Besides, this way I won't have to wear earings. I almost had to wear them for a Larva costume awhile back. ^^;

I've enjoyed making difficult full-body costumes ever since I first made Parn's costume from Record of Lodoss War and had the random desire to make a Lynx costume a few years back. Lynx isnít even one of my favorite characters, I just thought the costume would be fun to put together, meow. ^^ Same goes with this new random idea for possibly designing a Sergeant Joe costume. I do not love the duck, but I cannot deny the fact that he is quite a sexy duck. Oh yeah baby! (http://www.suikocastle.com/GSIIIPremiumPack/sergeant_joe_page.jpg) That and I doubt many other Suikoden cosplayers are crazy enough to attempt making it. I love a good challenge. HmmÖweíll see though, right now the idea is up in the air. Some people have mentioned that I might make a good Percival, Borus or Camus, so those are options to consider as well. Regardless of what I make, I do plan to make a Clive costume at some point. I just have to know what I look like in his getup. Even if I cannot attend AX, I may appear at other cons in Suikoden cosplay. Iíve been out of the con scene for too long and Iím just itching to get back into it. ^^

I'm also looking forward to the Suikoden cosplay site that is in the works. If you all need any help with it, such as hosting, there is a gunner for hire.

-=Clive=-

Shadra D
11-15-2002, 01:55 AM
*patpats* Don't play the game when you're in a bad mood o-o; It will allll be better tomorrow. o_o or different, at least o.-

*squishes the fire hero some more* wheee~~

and...

AHHHH, CLIVE! *GLOMP* There you are! It's about time you joined us, you big goofball!

khamryn
11-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Shadra- I would add the Flame Champ but I figured a tan one would look rather odd. ~_^ So I'll do him... LATER. haha

Oh as a sidenote...

I got to the bath house finally... (thanks to HungryJack I believe :D ) but all you do is.. sit in it. I couldn't find a way to modify it or anything. ;.; Waste of time in my humble opinion. ::Cough.::

Hungryjack
11-15-2002, 11:01 AM
You could have certain items in your inventory when you go in (a little toy boat--my favorite, or a rubber ducky, or different beads that change the water color)

The real fun, though, is when you go in with an interesting party makeup and people start talking about stuff. Go in there with Lilly and her assistants. That one was kind of fun. There was another one with Geddoe's crew. I've heard there are all kinds of combos you can do. None of what they say is terribly important, but it's entertaining.

Celine
11-15-2002, 11:38 AM
I want to decorate the bathhouse, darn it! What am I supposed to do with all the ornaments and stuff? I have urns and kennels, and I don't know what any of them do. Why can't you see the characters chilling in the bathtub anymore? ^^ Rrrgh.

Hi Clive~! Welcome to our crazy Suikoden thread. ^_^

Shadra D
11-15-2002, 01:15 PM
Vivi said that there are some simply priceless conversations you can see.. A lot more than Suikoden 2, that is. I'll try to get a list of fun combos from her... is there one on Suikosource yet, Clive?

Kham: Hey, he was always in the grasslands, he probably got a tan or something! There just isn't any shade o.- wahh... He's got such a cool jacket and headband *.*

*squishsquish*

I feel positively horrid today, but goofy o_o

Rosiel
11-15-2002, 01:47 PM
> I have urns and kennels, and I don't know what any of them do.

You can decorate the castle!
I went completely nuts with Thomas moving pictures and pots around. I cant help it, my girlie side is showing.

> I wonder if anyone here will cosplay as the Fire Hero

I'm supposed to make one for my Friend Terry.
I don't know if it's gonna happen though because I looked at it and if I want it to be accurate it's going to be HELL. I think Elfie based hers on a screenshot because the artbook once is insanely detailed. X__X And I don't know if I want to take on so much work on top of my own costumes.

And HI CLIVE! Shad talks about you all the time! LOL
Do you have pics of your Parn costume? (A Sergeant Joe would be such an amazingly random costume btw!)

khamryn
11-15-2002, 01:55 PM
HungryJack- Yeah, I equipped that stuff. Thought it was boring. o.O

Shadra- True but he looks rather pasty to me. ::Laugh.:: ^_^ I will someday. Along with.. Percival! Or is it Borus now? u.u ::Eyes Rosiel.:: Course the only difference would be in the wig I think.. ::lol::

Hungryjack
11-15-2002, 02:45 PM
You can decorate the castle!
I went completely nuts with Thomas moving pictures and pots around. I cant help it, my girlie side is showing.

Yeah, I filled up all the vase/pot spaces pretty fast, but now i have nothing but horrible graffiti hanging on the walls. It's pretty weak. Oh, I replaced the goddess statue with the knight statue, which is IMHO much cooler.

Plus I like going in the painting room because my buddy hangs out in there ;)

Celine
11-15-2002, 03:02 PM
>Plus I like going in the painting room because my buddy hangs out in there

Ok... this is driving me NUTS. What can you place in that room!??!?!! The random duck or whatever that is in there tells you that things will mysteriously vanish if you set them in there. However, I can't set the kennels or the pots or the hex dolls in there. I don't get it!!

I like walking into the entrance of my castle because I have a painting of a beautiful lady there. ^_^ So much better than that awful graffiti!

Shadra D
11-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Clive, now I almost want to cosplay as Dupa.. preettttyy Lizardman! Then we just need a Ruby and we'll have the Second Biseinen attack! *DIES*

Oookay, Shad's insane... If I ever say I want to have Sasa's overly formal robes like he wears in the Card Stories and the opening movie, shoot me or something.. Tenthat.. hee hee.

CliveVanHouten
11-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Eh? Shadra talks about me? I hope itís all good stuffÖ of course knowing me itís most likely the opposite. ^_^;

To answer your question Rosiel, I do not really have too many good pictures of my past cosplaying endeavors unfortunately and the ones I can find are wellÖum, not going to be shown at the present time. ^^; I did manage to screen capture a picture of my Parn (http://www.miraigamer.com/Misc/Parn.jpg) costume from a recording that a friend of mine made. Itís not the best pic, but this was done before places like fansview started making cosplayerís lives a lot easier. Watching that cosplay video really brought back some memories! That was like six or seven years agoÖMan does time fly.

I also did a Cloud Strife costume that didnít turn out too bad right around the time FF7 was first released. Unfortunately, all I can offer is a pathetic excuse of a screenshot (http://www.miraigamer.com/Misc/Cloud.jpg) of part of the FF7 skit we did. Then there was a Kenshin one which didnít turn out so well but was fun to do. My last costume and one of the better ones Iíve ever managed to pull off, is one of Lynx/Yamaneko from Chrono Cross/Radical Dreamers:

Lynx Vs. Kidd (http://www.miraigamer.com/Misc/Katsu-booze.jpg)

Ö. Oh, Whoa! Um..wait a minuteÖ That wasnít errÖthe right Katsucon picture. ^^;;;;;;
Ah here it is! (http://www.miraigamer.com/Misc/Kidd%20Vs.%20Lynx.jpg)

It was so hot in that thing I just about died. @_@ I couldnít see, hear, speak, breathe or walk very well to say the least, though surprisingly enough I could dance in it to some extent. ^^; I would imagine a fullbody Sergeant Joe costume to be just as much trouble, but I think the idea of cosplaying as a giant duck with a halberd would beÖwell, exciting! ^_^ Iíve seen some thick white fur that could be ruffled to look like a duckís feathers. Maybe Iíll buy some of that and play around with the idea. It canít be too much harder than a Genma Panda suit.

Shadra, you would consider to go as Dupa? Man, thatíd be a tough costume to make methinks. Oh yes and do you still need to come up with plans for how to design Yuberís swords? If I go to AX, Iíll bring my string my friend Pat along and make him go as Viktor or something. ^_^ By the way you mentioned you were looking for this card stories scan the other night: Sasarai Vs. ďThat GuyĒ (http://www.miraigamer.com/Misc/Sasarai%20Vs%20Luc.jpg) Iíve checked and I have extras of that card, so I can send you one snail mail sometime if you want it.

-=Clive=-

Shadra D
11-16-2002, 12:26 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!! I love that card! *DIES* So cuuuuuuteeeee~~~

And when have I said a bad word about you, you big dork?

And yes, we still need to work on those swords, and I need to decide on materials for Sera's staff. More in terms of the decorations, I've pretty much decided what to use for the jewel and the orb. I want to see how well I can handle silver leafing to get an interesting finish on the setting.. hmm hmm hmm.

I would love to go as Dupa! I could so plan that costume out to a T, but heck if I'd have the drive to follow through and finish it @_@; but it would be so cool! Dupa is pretty o/~

And as a recommendation for wearing another fuzzy costume, like the duck, get a few mini-batterypowered fans to stick somewhere inside o_o; that's what most mascots at, like, Disneyland survive o.o;

Hungryjack
11-17-2002, 12:45 AM
I'm excited. I had some friends over tonight and we hung out and talked while I played Suikoden. One of my friends does antique furniture and painting restoration and he has a particular specialty in scultping and painting to give a "distressed" look. You should see this guy's Gundam models. They look like they have been in battles. It's great.

Anyway, We started talking about Fred Maximillian and the armor he has and we started talking about how we might go about making it. We're going to make a few samples to try to gauge how much work it would be to make the breastplate and how it would look, but the prospect of making a set of armor is pretty exciting to me. If we come to any conclusions that I think anyone here might find interesting, I'll document them.

khamryn
11-17-2002, 12:58 AM
HungryJack- ::Gets out notepad and awaits results:: ~_^ Not having to pay an arm and a leg would be sooo nice :D

Yggdrasil Pie
11-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Spike_CBbebop
Umm...you guys don't mind if I try to be Watari?...do you?^^;

I couldn't believe I missed your post! *slaps herself*

WAII!! WATARI!! XD *jump tackle glomps*

I'm dead late...^^;;;

Hungryjack
11-18-2002, 02:21 PM
I know two things about wigs (and Jack left town) and I was browsing the wigs site Rosiel posted on another thread and it occurred to me that aside from Augustine's wig needing to be long and blonde, I have no idea what kind of a wig I should get for the costume.

Are any of the other four people who participate in this thread wig-savvy? Well, let me rephrase that. ROSIEL! Which witch wig will work?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Rosiel
11-18-2002, 03:06 PM
> Well, let me rephrase that. ROSIEL! Which witch wig will work?

You have two alternatives... you're tall, hence a normal wavy girl's wig will probably not have the right length on you (and you need something that will reach mid-to-lower back) so you need something 30+ inches probably. (Measure to check because if you need more than 35 inches you will be stuck with a Godiva and option B!)

A) The easy route:

Get a showgirl wig in a warm blonde (not too light!). It comes pre-waved but the wave on most I have seen might be a little too curly for Augustine. Still I think it would work. You might want to shake it out a few times before the con to encourage the curls to loosen. Letting it hang for a while while you blowdry it on a really low setting might help too.

(Example of a 35 inch showgirl (http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/Wig_Cart_cart/images/32.jpg))

(Real-life picture of that showgirl wig, but in brown (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=7382&papass=&sort=1&thecat=3033))

B) The anal retentive route:

Get a wig of the appropriate length in blonde with the right part (in the middle) and no bangs. Then:

1) Get fat rollers or lots of empty toilet paper rolls.
2) Separate the hair into chunks. Remember: the bigger the chunks, the looser the wave, the longer it'll take to set.
3) Roll hair on rollers, making sure you don't roll all the way up except perhaps on the side where the curls is against his face, and that the rollers are perpendicular to the wig (i.e. they follow the way the hair falls). Warning: rolling all the way up will make you look like Louis the XIVth.
4) Secure with hairpins.
5) Use a hair dryer on the lowest setting then leave it be for a while.
6) Take off the rollers. Shake it out.

This will get you softer waves but might be annoying if you're not used to dealing with hair.

Shadra D
11-18-2002, 06:15 PM
You can tell which on Rosi uses by the name alone *runs away*

I'm slightly miffed that I can't find the right color wig for Luc and Sasa's hair *grump* It's really almost greenish in color.. I suppose it depends on whether or not I want to be anal retentive about it when I go from Luc to Sasarai, since Sasa's hair is longer, I really should get two wigs, but I haven't found any decent ones T_T; oh well. I could fake it by brushing my hair differently (Sasa's is neater and parted down the middle, while Luc's has something of just one spot in the middle where the hair spreads from.. he's weird.)

Anyway... o_O;

Celine
11-18-2002, 06:38 PM
I completely agree with Rosiel, a showgirl wig would work very well. Here's another suggestion when it comes to choosing the actual wig itself: Another showgirl wig (http://store4.yimg.com/I/wowwigs_1715_390627) I think this one is a bit less curly.

Anyway, as for colors... *consults color wheel* ^_^ I would say that you need to get 16, 24B, or 25B/C. If you call them up, they can probably tell you what those numbers mean (if you order from Witchwigs, since they are stupid and do not list the numbers on the site). I can't remember if I got my color ring from Witchwigs or Wowwigs, but I'm 99% sure they use the same colors scheme.

Hungryjack
11-20-2002, 12:47 AM
After 66 hours, I have finally made it to chapter 4!!! And I have found the best line of the game.

Geddoe (retort to Bishop): ...I know that some poor village is being deprived of an idiot right now.

That one had me laughing out loud.

Rosiel
11-20-2002, 12:58 PM
I always thought the "best" line of the game was: "Chris, I am your Father". (I guess it could be a spoiler if it wasn't so blatantly obvious.)

If it hadn't been so late and I wasn't so tired I would have probably started banging my head on the table repeatedly.

And, wow, 66 hours? My Chapter 4 time was 36.
But then I am one of those people who finish 3 hour exams in 45 minutes.... I wish it didn't extend to games. ;___;

I'm almost done with the game now, as I made it to the point where your party is split into multiple teams... I'm 104/108 but I know that means 108/108 because someone spoiled me a long long time ago.

If only the game was longer! I didn't get to play with my favorite characters nearly enough!

(Does anyone else think there are wayyyy too many True Runes in this game and that it does not make them all that special anymore?)

Celine
11-20-2002, 02:21 PM
I always thought the "best" line of the game was: "Chris, I am your Father". (I guess it could be a spoiler if it wasn't so blatantly obvious.)

XD Totally! Did you read my little mini-summary of chapter 4?

>If only the game was longer!

I think the game is too long (I'm also used to being able to finish anything in about 30 hours). I'm at the point you are, but I have over 50 hours wasted on it. I don't even have the 104 people... bah.

>(Does anyone else think there are wayyyy too many True Runes in this game and that it does not make them all that special anymore?)

Yes. There are five floating around which are explicitly discussed, and some others which might be there as well. It always used to be that the hero has one, and his enemy has one, and maybe one or two people who don't use theirs as an ally in battle... controlling three characters who can all unleash the power of the rune is insane.

Shadra D
11-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Well, regarding the runes... there are 27 True Runes in total, they're not even close to revealing any others! *flails* And.. I don't know if only -two- games previous can set what the 'standard' is in terms of plot..

As for the translations... ~_~;; It's enough that Blue Moon wants to make an International Suikoden Fan Council to, I don't know, FIX them and ones in any future games.. because they suck, and suck a lot e.e

I want Murayama and Ohta to come back ;.; stupid FFX-2..

Rosiel
11-20-2002, 02:54 PM
> there are 27 True Runes in total, they're not even close to revealing any others!

Yes but you can have 4 in your party and you can probably play with people who have 2 more in the last scenario... it's just too much. It's not special anymore. Especially since you have the 5 elementals which are the coolest ones!

What, little boy? You're sad because the big bad knight from Zexen got the rune? Heeeeeeeeeere we have more where that comes from!

It's just too much power to have on your side at once, as they are all major True Runes, not like the crap Sierra or Jeanne has...

> controlling three characters who can all unleash the power of the rune is insane.

4, actually, Sasarai comes with True Earth.
But yes it's insane.

khamryn
11-20-2002, 03:03 PM
>.>; Well... I'm gonna turn this to a slightly amusing thing:

I was wandering around as Hugo, refusing to go beat the probably final boss, and instead collecting characters... and I made the mistake of talking to the lil dog, Koroku.

And then I got to run around as Koroku and talk to everyone and they all had some amusing comments to make. ::Cheesy grin.:: Maybe I'm just amused far too easily... ^.^

Rosiel
11-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Did you talk to Jeanne as the dog? My brain BROKE when I did.

*does not want to think about it*

Shadra D
11-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Bwehehe, Koroku >D

And actually, the 5 elemental runes are not necessarily more powerful than the other runes, since only wind and earth could not be completely dominated by the True Circle Rune of Hikusaak's. The power is all relative, anyway, but I agree with you when you say that having so many runes in one party.. dayamn @_@ should be fighting something more insane, then!

And.. I sure hope those rumors that Koroku's viewpoint was supposed to be Sasarai's, but they never finished it.. that would make me very very sad!

Did you guys find the dancing dog in the temple? n.n;; that thing frightened me...

*flailflails* I hope they get to meet Hikusaak in the next game! I wanna see Harmonia against the Sindar! Order versus Chaos! Pretty much, at least... I keep forgetting, sometimes, in my 'HIKUSAAK IS EVIL!!!' mindset that he probably isn't such a bad guy.. but his rune kinda dictates what he's supposed to be doing, which is creating order in the land, which would kinda mean conquering it and stuffage. *babbles* Hikusaak is coooll.. and a complete freak, but cooooool~~

... freaky.

Hungryjack
11-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Since I used Thomas to pick up so many of the characters (including Augustine) I have a horrible feeling I'll never be able to use him or any of them again.

Please tell me this is not the case.

Please.

Shadra D
11-20-2002, 06:51 PM
That depends on what you mean by 'use' o.-; If you mean 'control', well... but if you mean put them in your party, you can always put them in your party.

And.. put them in the plays! *_*

Celine
11-21-2002, 12:04 AM
>Please tell me this is not the case.

Don't worry, soon you will get to use everyone again... as far as I can tell, the only characters you can't have in your party at once (at least, right before the Big Battle Where Sarah Repeatedly Kicks My Ass in chapter 5) are Chris, Hugo, and Geddoe.

One thing that amused me greatly tonight as I wandered about collecting characters (9 more -_- and I can't find some of them, even with the hints)... Thomas is my highest-level character! XD I am the scariest person ever!! He also can't really be hurt because he has a defense of 175 and the Sunbeam Rune. I rock!

khamryn
11-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Rosiel- Once. But I didn't get what she said o.O; lol

Shadra- Sasarai and Koroku?? Viewpoint?? Huh? Wha??? @@ ::Giggles:: the plays.. XD

HungryJack- I got full use of all of them.. ^^

Shadra D
11-21-2002, 01:12 AM
Yeah.. Koroku is the 5th viewpoint you can unlock. There's no point to it, no plot.. and people speculate that, with Murayama's departure, the staff didn't know what the hell they were doing and changed a LOT of stuff, and possibly removed what could have been a more.. meaningful viewpoint, most people thinking it would have been Sasarai's, though I'm not completely sure. Anyway.

As another note of interest, Mappyman says that he wants to cosplay as either Landis or Joan.

HAH >D

Celine
11-21-2002, 01:30 AM
>As another note of interest, Mappyman says that he wants to cosplay as either Landis or Joan.

He needs to do Juan. So that I'll have a reason to do Thomas. Yep. ^_^

I don't have this Koroku. I feel left out. ;_;

khamryn
11-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Shadra- Ohhh... o.O Its cute though. ::Laugh.:: Landis!!! rock on!! ::just got him.::

Celine- awww... he's on mt... thingie.. with the crap... wu tei or whatever... i kept callin it wu fei. ::lol::

Rosiel
11-21-2002, 02:25 PM
No! No! Mappyman needs to cosplay Scott! I mean come on it's his namesake and he is short and blonde like him! And I could laugh at his parrot!

I thought I had him convinced... ;____;

Celine
11-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I still think he'd be perfect for S2 Sheena.... ^_^ hehehe

Yggdrasil Pie
11-21-2002, 06:20 PM
Koroku has a viewpoint? He's the dog right? o_O
I got the dog...but I didn't get the viewpoint...is there anything special you have to do or something?

Shadra D
11-21-2002, 06:23 PM
HATE SHEENA! HATE HATE HATE! I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

*bristles* I have my reasons, too, more than one! I've hated him since S1, when the little punk died and didn't let me get my happy ending! DAMN YOU! And then, -THEN- he became popular somehow as a pairing with Luc. WHAT THE HELL? Luc x Sheena is MORE than wrong! o_O;; *flailflailflail*

And, as for Koroku, you have to have all 108 and then his little happy flame thing will appear.. I think.. I don't remember x_x

khamryn
11-21-2002, 06:35 PM
sidenote- matt sent me his copies of S1 and S2 and i'm in the midst of one...

Milch! I despise him! x.x ::assumes appropriate Kaneda voice:: GREMIIOO~~~~!!!

::cough:: >.>;;

I had 104 of the charas to get koroku... ^_^

Shadra D
11-21-2002, 06:56 PM
*WAILS* GREMIOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~!!!!

I had the exact same reaction e_e I was bawling. Inconsolable. 15 minutes before I had to go to work e_e; I hope you didn't kill Milich, tho O_O get all 108! Gotta catch 'em all!

GREMIO! >_<;; Yes, he is my favorite character, along with Sasarai and Luc e_______E bwaaah. u.u

And you're right about the 104, you can't go back when you have 108 @_@ Though a Japanese fansite made guesses at what the Destroyers would say if you talked to them as Koroku *DIES* Yuber was going to eat Koroku... LMAO.

Yggdrasil Pie
11-21-2002, 07:43 PM
lol!! Interesting...thanks! Although...It...will...be...a...long time until I beat the game...@___@

Gremio! He was my favorite character in Suikoden 1....*cries* T__T
I remember...I was playing late at night....and I screamed and woke everyone up... ^^;;

Spike_CBbebop
11-21-2002, 08:56 PM
you guys talking about the game? T_T...i feel so left out....yes...i'm poor...so poor i dont got the game...got a PS2.....with lame games...expect Grand Theft Auto Vice City...probably my only best game....i need to start saving money for the FY OVA3...

khamryn
11-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Shadra- Well I did.. and then I forgot to save and DIED. So I think I'll keep him this time.. u.u; haha. ::is up here cuz i really didn't feel like replaying an hour.:: ~_~;

::closes eyes:: nooo!! i haven't beaten it i dun wanna know! la la la~

::Blinks:: >.>;; no one else was home to see me get all sniffly over a 2d chara.... eh hehe...

Shadra D
11-21-2002, 10:02 PM
Well, I was downstairs, playing ALL NIGHT LONG and then.. BAM and I'm like.. o_o .... O_O... Q~Q GREMIOOOO~~~ and I sobbed and then Dad came down and I just looked like a mess and I started yelling 'WHY do they kill off my favorite characters? WHY?!' and he's like, 'I have no idea. It's 8:30. Work time!' and I'm like, e___E;;; bah.

khamryn
11-22-2002, 12:36 AM
Shadra- Awwww.... I'm just surprised they didn't animate it to pour a lil MORE salt into the wound. o.x

Shadra D
11-22-2002, 12:48 AM
Some freak made a fanart of it.. I was traumatized. It was awful o_o;;;;;

Meanwhile.. I FINISHED MY LUC COSTUME!!

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/ghetto/

Yeah, yeah, the surprise is ruined by the directory name, but.. FEAR! BWAHAHAHA!!

yeah, I was really bored e_e

Yggdrasil Pie
11-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Waii!! Shadraaaa!! I love the pictures with the glowing green ball!!!! XD

khamryn
11-22-2002, 01:08 AM
Shadra- that's awesome! XD

Celine
11-22-2002, 03:45 AM
Shadra's Luc with magical glowing green ball is awesomely fun!

Keeping in spirit, here's a link to my rendition of Yuber. ^_^ Inspired by Rosiel and Shadra, however, so it's slightly different than you might expect.

http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/ghettomain.html

Rosiel
11-22-2002, 10:03 AM
> And, as for Koroku, you have to have all 108 and then his little happy flame thing will appear.. I think.. I don't remember x_x

Nope once you get the dog the flame appears... I've been running around as Kuroku for a while now...

As for crying at 2D I /sobbed/ through a good part of Suikoden I. My parents thought I had lost it. From Odessa to Ted to Gremio... I was a MESS.

I cried is Suiko2, also, due to Seed and Culgan (Greenhill and the ending if I remember correctly), and sniffled more than once at the rooftop scenes.

Suiko3 is a big surprise because although I sniffled once (Booooooorus!) that was it. O_O I'm afraid the ending will change that, though... X__X

And, Shad, I'll say it again you're the perfect Luc!
Uncle Yuber will give you a big hug at Anime Expo! LMAO.

Hungryjack
11-22-2002, 10:13 AM

Keeping in spirit, here's a link to my rendition of Yuber. ^_^ Inspired by Rosiel and Shadra, however, so it's slightly different than you might expect.

OK, that's just awesome :)

khamryn
11-22-2002, 12:04 PM
>Uncle Yuber will give you a big hug at Anime Expo! LMAO.

Uncle Yuber????? ::Imagination running away, starts giggling:: I must get pics of that one. :D hehe

Shadra D
11-22-2002, 04:02 PM
UNCA YUBER!

And.. yes.. S3 ending.. I only heard it.. and I read a translation of the last viewpoint.. and I was a mess... e____e;;; Vivi was a wreck for about 3 weeks x___x;;

However. I don't hate it. So.

Whee!!

Yggdrasil Pie
11-22-2002, 09:43 PM

Weeeee! I love the slippers! XD

So CUUUTE! *giggles uncontrollably*