PDA

View Full Version : Costume make up for Zelgadis

rogue2999
10-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a place that sells make up for cosutmes on any day of the year other then halloween. One of the characters that I'm going to cosplay as is going to be Zelgadis and I would like to get the face makeup as close to the character as I can make it. Does anyone know of a type of place that I can go to that will supply me with this kind of stuff. Please note that I happen to live in Fresno CA. Which in some cases make it hard around here.

Felix

Cassandra
10-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Any theatrical store will have makeup. (Look in the Yellow Pages under Theatrical Supplies or something like that.)

Hikaruchan
10-28-2002, 04:35 PM
Also you can sometimes find face makeup year round at some Party City stores, and even some formal wear stores if they have a costume section.

MarshalBanana
10-30-2002, 02:05 PM
go to fsu and ask the theater department for some good places, the people there are really nice ^_^

peacecraft
10-30-2002, 03:15 PM
damn, most of the places I know of are LA local... I did the whole zelgadis make-up thing myself. You can do it pretty cheap if you just get your self some liquid laytex and face paint.

Farfarello
10-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey Felix just go to the halloween store where the old Barnes and Nobles used to be. It's across the street from Hero's Comic Book store. That's where I got my knife for my Farf costume. And tehy've got lots of makeup.

rogue2999
10-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Only problem with that is the fact that they're not going to be there after the 1st of the month. They check out after that till next year, and I actually need something that's going to be sticking around year round.

Felix

Farfarello
10-31-2002, 03:20 AM
What about Party Works, I think they might carry stuff year round. It's on Shaw, past the Fashion Fair mall... going towards Clovis... I could be wrong though on the location.

rogue2999
10-31-2002, 10:42 AM
They moved a long time ago. Heck I don't even know where in the world they happen to be located any more I tried looking in the phone book, but they haven't even updated that yet. And the location has moved about three times now as it is.

Felix

Cassandra
10-31-2002, 10:49 AM
You can call information, ask for their phone number, call the place and ask them where they are ;)

rogue2999
10-31-2002, 12:08 PM
Actually I had already thought about doing that, but the question is now, will the phone number be up to date as well.