PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Steampunk Theme

GearHeart
09-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Hiya guys.

Im going to a halloween party and i really want to go steampunk, but i was wondering how could i make it scary with a steamy twist? Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated :) Thanks!!

Mehdia
09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
You could always do a basic steampunk outfit and make yourself a zombie. That's always an easy way to make something a little scarier and fit the Halloween theme.

Ironhill
09-24-2011, 12:53 PM
You could do a mad scientist/evil doctor. Make a needle out of some copper or brass tubing. If you are going with someone, they can be one of your experments that went wrong.

Mehdia
09-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Ironhill, that's a righteous idea! I love the mad doctor idea, and to have a friend be the experiment, that would be so cool! The possibilities could be endless with that sort of idea.

Ironhill
09-25-2011, 01:14 AM
I saw it done at a con. The guy was the doctor and his girlfriend was the experiment/patient. She was in a straight jacket, had black circles around the eyes, and a metal cage over her head. I wasn't sure if she was a psych patient or a zombie.

Mehdia
09-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Maybe she was a little of both^^ But the possibilities really are endless with an idea like that.

GearHeart
09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
You could do a mad scientist/evil doctor. Make a needle out of some copper or brass tubing. If you are going with someone, they can be one of your experments that went wrong.

I aboslutely LOVE this idea!!! :) Thankyou so much Ironhill! It works out so well because me and my boyfriend love to match and we love steampunk, so coming up with a matching costume is great. He wants to be the experiment and ill be the mad scientist hehe. :) I was thinking of making some sort of straight jacket for him, i could be a evil nurse maybe? I do like the mad scientist idea though.

undertaker22
09-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Put a little voodoo in the mix that's what I did its fun skulls, vials, and all kinds of crazy makeup jus an idea

Mehdia
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Put a little voodoo in the mix that's what I did its fun skulls, vials, and all kinds of crazy makeup jus an idea

Now this makes the idea even more fun! I love Voodoo lore and to see it mixed with steampunk could be totally righteous.

Ironhill
09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Never thought of adding voodoo. That could be fun.