PDA

View Full Version : super cuddley inu!

The Lord XL
12-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Ok ive had this costume since BAAF 03 but I have not had anyone say anything about it.
This is my first costume so please be realy REALY kind ^_^

dizzylizzy
12-03-2003, 12:33 AM
i really can't tell from the pic.... it's rather small.

but.... it looks shiny... if you used satin or shiny velvet..... ummm.... to be honest... it doesn't look right. it looks wrinkled. ^^ and to be accurate... it wouldn't be shiny. it would be cotton-like cuz IY runs around outside. ya know what i mean?

considering it was your first costume though.... kudos!

The Lord XL
12-03-2003, 02:31 PM
it looks shiny...

Yea like I said this is a bad pictures; its not that shiny, I just used too much light >_<.

Heres a pic with less shiny. BTW its next to the kagome voice actor :jjacks:

Sorahana
12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
I likey =D. But yea the only thing ish the shiny fabric. To be honest for my Inuyasha outfit my top isn't cotton its I don't know lol XD. But nice job ^____^.
And you got to meet Moneca Stori.....no fair lol XD.
:wants to meet Inuyasha's english VA Richard Cox:

dizzylizzy
12-03-2003, 08:03 PM
^^ that's a better pic of the upper half, but still, you used a shiny fabric. costume satin???? ya gotta put yourself in the life of the character. would iy wear somethign reflective or fancy? ^^

also.... perhaps a better wig? i'm just being picky now. lol

just trying to help ya out.... i hate critiquing cuz i'm proud of every cosplayer. ^^

Gren
12-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Yup. Fabric definately shines. Most similar thing to Inuyahsa would be wool, since his outfit was woven from fire mouse fur (or something like that) But collon would also work well. Wig needs bangs. That's all I can offer up, with no clear imaged of your sleeves or pants.

The Lord XL
12-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok, the costume was purpously made shiney. My mom would only help me if we make it out of that material. Plus I think it makes me stand out :skidude:

Heres a pic with the sleves and the pants. I think you can tell which one I am, lol.

Sorahana
12-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Cute picture!! Is that at AnimeNext? Lol XD. I see Tiff and Cindy!! Lol XD. Anyway I love your costume! It's ALOT better than mine lol XD. Shininess=attention lol XD.

Kia
12-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Ok, the costume was purpously made shiney. My mom would only help me if we make it out of that material. Plus I think it makes me stand out :skidude:

Would you rather be the one who stnads out because their costume looks the most accurate and they resemble the character the most, or the one who stands out because their version just doesn't look right for some reason. Keep in mind though, I am in NO WAY saying that you're costume is the worst. I actually think it looks pretty good, aside the the fabric choice... and the fact that the wig looks like it's eating your face, but you wanted a critique and that's what I have to say.

Did you mother flat out tell you that you had to make if out of that fabric or did you both come to a decision on the shiny stuff together? But regardless of that, in the end I think you should follow whatever YOU think sould happen with your costume. And that way you'll feel so proud of it that no amount of negative comments will make you feel that you did something wrong with your costume... if that made any sense. ^_^

Again, I think the costume design is great. If you decide to remake it I don't see why you shouldn't use the same pattern... just maybe next time look for fabric a bit less ... shiny ... ^_^

The Lord XL
12-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Did you mother flat out tell you that you had to make if out of that fabric or did you both come to a decision on the shiny stuff together?

She said that its that or no costume. My mom is one of those people that want to spend the least amount possible. I actualy wanted to do my costume with a solid red mix of like cotton and polyester.

Btw that wig is a Gandalf the Gray one, it cost $20 dollars..... another one of my moms "great" (yeeeea great?....) decisions.

Kia
12-05-2003, 04:25 PM
^_^ Well, you CAN cosplay on a budget, believe me I'm living proof of this. All you have to do is give yourself plenty of time to make the costume. That way you can search around for great sales so that you manage to get the right fabric for the right price. Cheap doesn't always = bad cosplay. You just have to be smart and resourceful about it. ^_^

KHs_Sora
12-05-2003, 05:37 PM
^_^ Well, you CAN cosplay on a budget, believe me I'm living proof of this. All you have to do is give yourself plenty of time to make the costume. That way you can search around for great sales so that you manage to get the right fabric for the right price. Cheap doesn't always = bad cosplay. You just have to be smart and resourceful about it. ^_^

Its looks to shiny to me ^_^ but good

Panda_Brat
12-23-2003, 09:28 PM
It looks to shiny and the ears are lopsided.... Also the wig looks a bit scragally like it's wet. It also looks to wrinkly and baggy. I can't see the pants so I can't coment on that.

Aer
12-30-2003, 02:34 PM

Indeed. I agree on the shinyness, IY wouldn't wear that hehe XP But I do like the design, like a lot of others said!

Do give yourself time on costumes. I just keep checking my local JoAnn's Fabrics store and sometimes I'll be lucky enough to find the *perfect* fabric thats on sale. They do get different fabrics in from time to time so just keep checking back. I used some Fall Knit fabric or something to that effect. It worked really well in my opinion and I found it on sale ^_^. Ebay, is also an always welcome alternative for me. Wigs can be found for really cheap on there, and I've had good experience with buying wigs myself from Ebay.

You don't always have to be all spendy to make nice costumes! It's just the time and effort put into it.

Ashe
12-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Obviously these are just my suggestions, the decisions you make in revising your costume are up to you -

I would choose a matte fabric instead of satin- search around the discount tables at Walmart for a few weeks, I almost garuntee something will show up.

The white should be a separate undertunic, with the red slashed open and the white showing through.

The wig could be a bit longer but it definitely needs bangs, as well as the midlength pieces near the front. Try witchwigs.com - they have a large selection of wigs at really decent prices. The ears might be nice a bit larger.

Shoes... I know they require you to wear shoes, but the birks scream out of place - maybe jazz shoes? Something flesh colored.

I really like the pattern though- the front has the right amount of body and hang (ever notice Inu Yasha looks like a gangster? lol).