PDA

View Full Version : Strong Bad and Trogdor

Evil Dr. Axis
12-03-2003, 01:24 PM
My friend and I are thinking about doing Strong Bad and Trogdor costumes for our next big con. Any suggestions? I was thinking of making the Trogdor really ghetto, like out of foamcore or something. I would just hang my arm out of the back and growl a lot. The Strong bad may be more difficult. Post me some tips on constructing the coolest guy in Strongbadia and the the Burninator.

Evil Dr. Axis
12-03-2003, 01:27 PM
need a reference?
http://www.homestarrunner.com/vcr_sb.html
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

Hanyaan
12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
TROGDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* I've seen Homestar Runner cosplay before. You might want to try and find the people who did Strong Bad and Strong Mad at Anime Expo this summer.

Otherwise I'd say that for Trogdor, you might want to try my Extremely Ghetto 3D Object strategy for the arm. Here's how it works. Make a base. Cover it in newspaper and LOTS of duct tape. Cover all but the part you're going to be attaching (normally with glue of some sort) with lightweight airdry clay, like Paperclay or Crayola Model Magic. Surprisingly this method DOES work quite well.

ainslye
12-04-2003, 04:46 PM
I would love to see a non-ghetto strongbad cosplay. I've been very tempted to do one but... ughhh.. I don't know... seems there's one at every con now. I dunno. This is not to say you shouldn't do it.. definately do it if that is what you want to do.

And as for ghetto-trogdor... make sure if it's ghetto, that you do it ghetto all the way. duct tape, boxes, etc. That would be hysterical. :)

dylan no tama
12-04-2003, 05:46 PM
a good trgodor cosplay would win any contest,
all would bow to it's majestsy

Sarcasm-hime
12-12-2003, 09:55 PM
I was thinking that the perfect Trogdor would be just a cardboard cutout with Trogdor drawn on in marker. ROFL

ACXchan
12-13-2003, 03:47 AM
Dude I saw the Strong Bads at AX too XD

I would WORSHIP you if you cosplayed Trogdor, although Sarcasm's suggestion is a good one too. You'd have to get someone to hold up a big sign that says "BURNINATE" for you XD If you want to go for a full blown body costume though, I think you could always find yourself a dragon costume (or Godzilla) and alter it all ghetto-like XD

Lottie
12-13-2003, 12:08 PM
You could also wear all green except with the arm and get one of those "Hello my name is" stickers and write Trogdor on it. That would be great. I do like the ghetto Trogdor idea alot, good luck with that.

daguru
12-13-2003, 01:29 PM
just if you're interested, the musical group i'm in (otapunk) will be playing an extra-cool version of trogdor at Otakon. If you wanna be there....or something....

Nekobun
12-20-2003, 06:26 PM
I've done a Strong Bad (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=7700) costume already, and it's really not that hard, save for the mask. It's not for the easily embarassed, but I had to get my base mask (red spandex) from an online fetish store, since that was the only place I could find one. After that, it was mostly just putting it on, marking where the eyes and mouth needed to be, and then taking it off to do a lot of cutting and hand-sewing work. If you do a little math with proportions in regards to pictures of the guy, it's not that hard at all. To be honest, I'd like to see a few more unghetto Strong Bad and Stinkoman cosplays, and pretty much Homestar Runner in general.

nothing
01-05-2004, 03:53 PM
if you do strong bad you should make as huge head helmet and huge gloves like strong bad.....also maybe if you could find someone to be the cheat your set.