PDA

View Full Version : Renting houses for photo shoots?

BetwixtPhotos
10-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Does anyone have any resources for finding houses to rent for photo shoots? I'm specifically looking in the Atlanta/North Georgia/Southern Tennessee area but general ideas of plecaes to look would be awesome as well.

I would be looking for places with large staircases, big windows and possibly an ornate wooden bed for some pictures I have in mind for a friend's costume. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gypsyangelf4i
10-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Like Antebellum Homes? Maybe contact the Atlanta History Center? http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/

Or even any of the areas local historical societies...that's what they're there for and doing photoshoots at these houses is more common than one might think.

BetwixtPhotos
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the good idea! I'll check it out.

Mehdia
10-14-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't know about in the areas of TN nearer to GA, but down here in Memphis there are a lot of historic homes that do allow for photo shoots, but the one I would love to use costs just too much for my friends and I to use for our Kuroshitsuji cosplay, especially because we don't have a professional photographer hear us that we would like to use for such a grand setting. But as Gypsyangelf4i said, contacting the societies is going to be your best bet.

quantafoto
09-14-2012, 02:05 AM
While not strictly for photography, you can rent quite interesting B&B places fairly inexpensively. There's a variety of unique locations, many what you'd not typically think of as a B&B

www.airbnb.com/