PDA

View Full Version : WWE/Wrestling Cosplay!

Perrydotto
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been digging through threads and can't find anything, but I'm dying to know ...

Am I the only one here doing WWE/Wrestling related cosplay or do we have more cosplay fans, who also love the craziness and the characters of the most acting- and illusionbased sport, Professional Wrestling? I'd love to discuss costumes and everything, so please post if you plan or already have a Wrestling related costume and would like to chat and discuss things here.

Kayfabe
11-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I think wrestlers, besides Jrockers, are the best people to cosplay. Who in the world are more colorful and vividly loud then professional wrestlers?? They are custom made for cosplay! My vote is for the 80's and 90's eras, personally... they're the best I think. I mean, with gimmicks like The Hulkster, The Macho Man, The Nature Boy, The Hitman, The Heartbreak Kid and The Reaper... c'mon now, wrestlers are perfect for cosplay. But don't get me wrong, Jrockers are good too. :-)

So no, you're not the only one, I'm portraying Shawn Michaels in his 1995 Summerslam ladder match gear, sometime in the future. It's in the process of being made as I write this. I have no sewing talent to speak of, so I found a great guy who professionally makes the gear for actual professional wrestlers. He's doing it for me and at a very reasonable price too. I'm excited.

ne0ven0m
12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Sometime or another, I'm going to start some wrestling costumes. I've been a fan for over 20 years, so it's long overdue. Some folks on my list: Macho Man, Rockers version of Shawn Michaels, as well as mashing up wrestling with other fandoms.

EnchantMe-X
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I put together a Jeff Hardy costume last year, but never used it because I missed the event I was planning on wearing it to. =( May have to give it a whirl this year at some point instead.

Wrenk
04-05-2012, 04:08 AM
I am big fan of WWE as well WWE superstars and all among of them I like John Cena and Undertaker.

seiryuux
04-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Hulk Hogan is still a popular cosplay to do, even these days.