PDA

View Full Version : 2004 info

Kiss_Me_Kill_Me
12-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know when and where the 2004 con will be....I've talked with some staff and its sounds like its still up in the air (the date and location) but that was a while ago....http://www.shoujocon.com/ is useless

Eriol
12-05-2003, 11:46 AM
If the site hasn't changed, no new information has occurred. If the staff doesn't even know, then you can be sure nothing has changed yet.

makonurikoryoko
12-15-2003, 04:01 PM
:: prays for it to be in Jersey so she has a good chance to go!::

KaineMaxwell
12-19-2003, 11:03 PM
I hope for NJ too, be nice to be nearby for this and Anime Next.

SailorMo
12-29-2003, 10:28 PM
I've heard that they're looking to go back to the New Brunswick Hilton sometime in October.

KaineMaxwell
12-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Sweetness. Be nice that they did return to NJ.

Genki Chan
01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
It's supposedly returning to New Jersey. It's weird- the three anime cons that were being held at the Rye Town Hilton, are all leaving it this year! x__x damn, and it's like 15 minutes away, too!

KaineMaxwell
01-03-2004, 10:38 AM
maybe they're switching every other year?

Eriol
01-03-2004, 01:10 PM
If the site doesn't say anything yet, that is never a good sign.

If they tarry too long, many customers will have made plans already, and then they can't get anybody to go.

echocharlie
01-03-2004, 03:17 PM
If the site doesn't say anything yet, that is never a good sign.

If they tarry too long, many customers will have made plans already, and then they can't get anybody to go.

Just saw a post from the Shoujocon Chairwoman on a list that I'm on.
She says they're still negotiating with a hotel for 2004. They probably
will announce dates once they have a signed contract.

KaineMaxwell
01-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Didi Shoujocon have a good 2003 to keep going?

Eriol
01-04-2004, 02:54 AM
Just saw a post from the Shoujocon Chairwoman on a list that I'm on.
She says they're still negotiating with a hotel for 2004. They probably
will announce dates once they have a signed contract.

Is this the Shoujcon internal mailing list or a convention mailing list?

I hope they declare those dates soon. Timing is of the essence. People plan these events almost as soon as the dates are declared.

Didi Shoujocon have a good 2003 to keep going?

Turnout in 2003 was smaller than expected. If they are still trying to negotiate a contract, the con is still running.

echocharlie
01-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Is this the Shoujcon internal mailing list or a convention mailing list?

Neither. It was on a convention organizers list I'm on.

Eriol
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Ok, I have heard of such lists. Thanks.

makonurikoryoko
01-06-2004, 06:23 PM
well i suppose they realized that NJ is the place to be since I'm here with my shoujoness lol. Though it was really mostly cause it was on the day that everyone was moving back to college, which made me and all my buddies super sad! hopefully it will be a better day as well this time round!

KaineMaxwell
01-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Sure Mako, they're moving the con back to NJ just for you. :P

Jezeroth
01-20-2004, 09:56 PM
I hope they don't move back to New Brunswick. I'm not forgetting the security issue my friends and I had with the staff. Their irresponsibility on that whole incident on Saturday night of 2002 Shoujocon, refusal to become involved in something that was THEIR legal obligation, and their RUDENESS on a more personal encounter with a manager was highly undesirable. If they move back there, I know I'm not attending.

Puchuu Puchuu!
01-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I hope its still in rye. its the only con I've ever went to (Besides BAAF) and its the closest one to me. It sucks, my parents really wont give me that much money to stay in a Hotel - - Wish there were a con in Greenwich Connecticut.

kijo
01-29-2004, 12:02 AM
I hope it moved back to NJ...I mean the hotel was mean, so I hope maybe they could find another place around. Cuz since I've moved, I'm only 10 from their old NJ spot! *sighs* so unfair...but if they come back somewhere close to there I'd be happy! ^.^

Eriol
01-29-2004, 12:19 AM
I hope its still in rye. its the only con I've ever went to (Besides BAAF) and its the closest one to me. It sucks, my parents really wont give me that much money to stay in a Hotel - - Wish there were a con in Greenwich Connecticut.

Well, I wouldn't think Shoujocon would pick a hotel that would be too expensive on its attendees. Shoujocon has traditionally picked affordable hotels. BAAF, wanting prime real estate in the heart of Manhattan, ended up at a hotel with expensive rates for most attendees.

Ranma Saotome
02-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Can I say this?

It was my suggestion that they goto Rye. After that fiasco in 2002, I suggested either New Rochelle or Rye... Who would've guessed that they'd take my idea? But anywho, I think SJCon should take the same hotel Anime NEXT is in this year and be in October, ne? ^_^

Eriol
02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Can I say this?

It was my suggestion that they goto Rye. After that fiasco in 2002, I suggested either New Rochelle or Rye... Who would've guessed that they'd take my idea? But anywho, I think SJCon should take the same hotel Anime NEXT is in this year and be in October, ne? ^_^

October is during the school year. I don't think Shoujocon could attract enough people during the school year. Its venue is very specific.

You weren't the only one who raised the Rye idea. Don't take credit for yourself. heh

Ranma Saotome
02-02-2004, 03:42 AM
I think SJCon can do it.

Well I didn't know until now that I wasn't the only one that suggested it. I was only joking around with Wolfie with it too. :/

Resuka
02-03-2004, 12:19 PM
I would vastly prefer October, myself ^_^

The last few years Shoujocon was scheduled way to close to Otakon- I always had to choose one or the other. Both would be a nice option, this year!

Eriol
02-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I would vastly prefer October, myself ^_^

You're not in school, per se.

A good chunk of the demographics were people in school.

makonurikoryoko
02-03-2004, 11:30 PM
indeed college was what got in the way for like 10 people i knew who could have gone had it been before school started

Eriol
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
10 people would not have made a difference.

makonurikoryoko
02-04-2004, 01:26 AM
but still I am saying if there were other people who knew 10 or so people it can add up pretty fast. All I know is that if it is on the day everyone is moving back into college I'll cry

Eriol
02-04-2004, 09:59 AM
*hands you a handkerchief*
It'll be amazing if we have a con at all this year. Feb. is already here.

Resuka
02-04-2004, 11:16 AM
You're not in school, per se.

A good chunk of the demographics were people in school.

Ah, you see- I'm hoping that Shoujocon will go ahead and make the choice to move to October simply because I would find this personally convenient ^_~

In all seriousness, while the school calendar does impact Shoujocon's attendance, it's proximity in time to other nearby conventions may have an equally negative effect. Several people I know had to choose between Shoujocon, BAAF/AXNY, and Otakon this last year, when they would have gone to all three had they been scheduled differently.

Additionally, October may be a better time for many students than late August, when a lot of colleges start classes.

Lets just hope they don't move the date to Never :P

Eriol
02-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Ah, you see- I'm hoping that Shoujocon will go ahead and make the choice to move to October simply because I would find this personally convenient ^_~

Always looking after yourself. heh

Lets just hope they don't move the date to Never :P

No idea. It's February already. If they are going to make a move, they better get the ball rolling. Otherwise, it's more dollars to spend at Otakon or elsewhere.