PDA

View Full Version : Roommate(s) wanted (Hilton)

Gunslinger1888
10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I have a room with a king sized bed at the Hilton for Thursday, August 30 through Tuesday, September 4th.

I would love to find some cosplaying roommates for dragoncon 2012.

The room costs $1171.60 divided by the number of roommates. 4 people would be $292.90 each. 3 would be $390.50 each. 2 would be $585.80 each.

Check my profile for a little about me and PM me if interested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This room is now full.

DrakaDark
10-24-2011, 08:57 PM
am interested in getting into a room but isn't 292.90 a little high for a room??? if u decided to get more people in the room to lower the price contact me

Icurnezko
01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
am interested in getting into a room but isn't 292.90 a little high for a room??? if u decided to get more people in the room to lower the price contact me

Not at all...she's dividing it evenly. For 5 nights with only 4 people, $292 would be a great total rate. I got a room with 2 doubles in the Hyatt for 4 nights and we're splitting it 6 ways (I'm also bringing a double air mattress) so it's going to be less than $200/person total.
If you'd like to get a room yourself and try to fill it up, I believe they still have some at the Sheraton (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/rates/room.html?departureDate=2012-09-03&iATANumber=7724054&arrivalDate=2012-08-30&numberOfRooms=1&ctx=search&numberOfAdults=1&propertyId=1144) for $276/night before taxes.

DrakaDark
01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Not at all...she's dividing it evenly. For 5 nights with only 4 people, $292 would be a great total rate. I got a room with 2 doubles in the Hyatt for 4 nights and we're splitting it 6 ways (I'm also bringing a double air mattress) so it's going to be less than $200/person total.
If you'd like to get a room yourself and try to fill it up, I believe they still have some at the Sheraton (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/rates/room.html?departureDate=2012-09-03&iATANumber=7724054&arrivalDate=2012-08-30&numberOfRooms=1&ctx=search&numberOfAdults=1&propertyId=1144) for $276/night before taxes.

Thank you, this is the first year I'll be going to Dragon Con and I have no idea what the rooms r usually priced for.

I know I have a bunch of friends going but they haven't talked about hotel yet and I want to have options opened so I'll actually have a place to stay while there

ne0ven0m
01-25-2012, 09:08 AM
I hope your friends have already gotten rooms but just haven't mentioned it, because the hotel rush seems worse than ever. A track director is reporting record pre-reg numbers too, so that may explain why.

And for reference, I'm staying at a host hotel and splitting it 4 ways to come out around $200 per person for total of 4 nights or $50/night.

If you have any other questions or concerns about your first time going, feel free to shoot me a PM!

DrakaDark
01-25-2012, 12:44 PM
well a lot of my friends don't plan to almost last minute I've spoken to a few and they said They are waiting a few more months before looking into hotel or a place to stay. Considering based on the info I have of the con I though it was a better Idea to start looking early so thats what am doing.

So if anyone needs another roomie please let me know because I really want to do this year, I missed on last year due to moving but this time I will be going.

Icurnezko
02-01-2012, 02:13 AM
well a lot of my friends don't plan to almost last minute I've spoken to a few and they said They are waiting a few more months before looking into hotel or a place to stay. Considering based on the info I have of the con I though it was a better Idea to start looking early so thats what am doing.

So if anyone needs another roomie please let me know because I really want to do this year, I missed on last year due to moving but this time I will be going.

Yeah...waiting until last minute for a place to stay is NOT an option. I have 2 rooms to make sure there's enough room for all my friends to have somewhere to stay. Like I said before, for the person reserving the room (if it's a con room) the cheapest I've seen is $212/night after taxes...and that's for 1 King Bed!
Just make sure you work out arrangements soon, and DON'T feel like anyone is trying to overcharge if you're paying a little over $50/night for 4 people in a room. :-)

Spiritwalker
02-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I sent a PM. I finally decided I want to go to Dragon*con to make up for no Blizzcon this year (might get a few more Blizzcon refugees besides myself)

It scared me when I looked a few days ago and saw how few rooms were available. It's barely February and I had to check a bunch of other stuff at the same time to make sure it would all work. I would much rather bunk with a fellow cosplayer or two than go myself though, might make some new friends :)