PDA

View Full Version : Ah my goddess skit

Akiko Ki
12-06-2003, 01:59 AM
What do you all think of a Ah my goddess skit I want to do one for the challage and was wondering if it would be a good idea or not.

Eleryth
12-07-2003, 04:05 AM
Well, what was your plan? What are you planning on doing on stage? If you have a good idea, why not go for it? Personally, I haven't seen any AMG skits, so that would be cool. (I attend smaller Canadian cons.)

Akiko Ki
12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Well, what was your plan? What are you planning on doing on stage? If you have a good idea, why not go for it? Personally, I haven't seen any AMG skits, so that would be cool. (I attend smaller Canadian cons.)
REally not sure yet i have done about 4 different skits so far to see which i lke more but I am still not sure on what I want to do. My friends like the I am an ugly girl song and wanted me to do a dance and lipsinc thing to it but I also have a serious one and 2 other comadys

Akiko Ki
12-09-2003, 09:28 PM
I am so in need of ideas its so not funny this will be my first year acually being in a Mascrade but I all ways watch them when I go to convetnions so i know what they look for but I need help !!!!

Eleryth
12-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I am so in need of ideas its so not funny this will be my first year acually being in a Mascrade but I all ways watch them when I go to convetnions so i know what they look for but I need help !!!!

Ok... usually a masq is to show off the costumes. Best in show is sometimes the most (ok, usually, from my experience) impressive costume (or set of costumes) and has a fairly simple skit. Some use the masq just to entertain the audience, but if your con has a skit contest, that is what that is for, in a way. So, questions for you...

1. Do you want to show off your costume or just have a good time on stage and entertain the audience?
2. How many people will be in your skit?
3. What is your time limit?
4. Do you have access to a mic to record speaking parts of your skit?
5. Do you have any special skills i.e. dancing ability, flexibility, martial arts...?
6. Who are the people in your skit dressing up as? (and in what versions? as in, not just Belldandy, but Bell's battle outfit, or Bell's demon outfit, etc)
7. Are you allowed to ask for assistance from the stage ninjas? (in removing people from stage, say)

That's all I can think of right now. This sort of information is helpful in getting assistance, because the more information your provide the better. :) Easier to think of something that way.

Akiko Ki
12-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Ok... usually a masq is to show off the costumes. Best in show is sometimes the most (ok, usually, from my experience) impressive costume (or set of costumes) and has a fairly simple skit. Some use the masq just to entertain the audience, but if your con has a skit contest, that is what that is for, in a way. So, questions for you...

1. Do you want to show off your costume or just have a good time on stage and entertain the audience?
2. How many people will be in your skit?
3. What is your time limit?
4. Do you have access to a mic to record speaking parts of your skit?
5. Do you have any special skills i.e. dancing ability, flexibility, martial arts...?
6. Who are the people in your skit dressing up as? (and in what versions? as in, not just Belldandy, but Bell's battle outfit, or Bell's demon outfit, etc)
7. Are you allowed to ask for assistance from the stage ninjas? (in removing people from stage, say)

That's all I can think of right now. This sort of information is helpful in getting assistance, because the more information your provide the better. :) Easier to think of something that way.
1. Have a good time on stage
2. 3 people will be in the skit
3. 3 mins
4. yes
5. Yes danceing for 2 years
6. Sano form Rk, Skuld goddess out fit, Belldandy goddess outfit ( could also go as Misao)
7.Not sure?

Eleryth
12-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Well, if you have the two goddesses, they can be doing something on stage, and then talk to each other, about where Keiichi is, and why is he late, etc, and Sano comes out. Everyone looks confused. Girls 'Youre not keiichi!!' Sano shurgs,' I know, sorry - he's sick today, so they sent me as a replacement. So.... what am I supposed to do? ' kinda thing.

That was just a really rough idea. Crossover skits are hard, too, unless you do something completely random. Like having the goddess sing 'Venus' or have sano sing some song (if one exists) about goddesses or angels or something, and the girls can be backup dancers. (lip synched, of course)

Or sano comes out, and the girls are waiting, and he says something along the lines of 'ok, girls, ready for your workout?' then richard simmons music comes on, and sano leads them thru an aerobics routine, ended with 'jogging' which takes them off the stage.

Or sano staggers on, wounded, and the goddesses show up, and contemplate saving him, and make comments like 'yeah, but I hear he's so stubborn....' 'He's hot tempered....' 'He doesn't wear a shirt....' 'I heard he thinks hes a badass....' and so on, and then they drag him off the stage at the end, continuing their debate.

Or sano staggers in, dying, and misao is crying and trying to help, and begs someone to help her, and skuld comes in, takes one look, and says 'oops, I'm sorry, wrong series....' then prances off the stage.

Um... ok, I think I am done thinking up completely inane ideas.... but its easier, too, because I don't have to actually think. I hope one of these inspires you to think of something.

Good luck!

Akiko Ki
12-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks a bunch I got a new skit wrote out all reayd just need a start and you help me with that thanks ^_^ If you want I can send the skit to you

Eleryth
12-13-2003, 12:00 AM
Sure, send away! You can PM me if you like. Glad you got something you enjoy!

DeadLegato
12-13-2003, 12:30 AM
It sounds like you've got a better idea in the works with the other people around, but I did want to caution you away from ideas like your original idea DEPENDING on the convention. I know Anime Central discourages skits that are merely lip-sync and dance because they have an Anime Kareoke even that's more appropriate for that.

Eleryth
12-13-2003, 12:45 AM
It sounds like you've got a better idea in the works with the other people around, but I did want to caution you away from ideas like your original idea DEPENDING on the convention. I know Anime Central discourages skits that are merely lip-sync and dance because they have an Anime Kareoke even that's more appropriate for that.

Interesting! I have only been to cons in Canada, so I didn't know about that sort of thing. I am a little confused, though. The Karaoke we have at our cons is a karaoke competetion - people actually have to sing. Is there something where you don't actually have to do the singing?

I suggested the lip synch as well because using a prerecorded track is way easier than trying to project in a large room with lots of people. Many people can't do it and so go unheard. I have also noticed in some pics (from afansview) that many cons give the contestants a microphone, which is something I have never had an experience with, and had no idea if the masq would have that.

I do understand where they (the con organizers) are coming from, wanting to limit the lip-synch and all if they have another section where that is better suited. I think it also would make people be more creative in their skit ideas and help cut down the time of the masq, as I imagine many people might think they'd have to do the entire song.

Another option is to rewrite a song, and record that, then dance and lip-synch to it. I imagine that would be allowed?

Akiko Ki
12-13-2003, 12:45 AM

I figured that out and I did not really like the idea so I made about 2 min of skit before it and then at the end we Lipsyinc the song and the song ties in with the skit before hand. The song is only 1 min long so its not to bad. I can PM it to any one that wants to read it and tell me what they think

Katsu-Kia
12-14-2003, 01:34 AM
I like the way the skit is going now Belldandy. If Sano tries hard anough it might accually be good! *shrugs* if he can't remember his lines we could just improvises and beat the crap out of him.