PDA

View Full Version : Blizzcon 2011 Day 1 Photos

Pashko
10-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Edited a few photos after a long amazing day at Blizzcon, MMA is awesome. I still have a lot more photos to go through but I thought I would put up a few. Let me know what you guys think.

http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2011/Day-1

If you want me to take photos of you send me an email. I will have my phone on me and I'll be checking it: albinoboy4life@gmail.com

See you all tomorrow at Blizzcon!

Tonksie
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
The pics look great! I really like your photography style.

Pashko
10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
The pics look great! I really like your photography style.

Thank you so much! I was only able to get one photo of you from Day 1 but I have a few from the shoot on Day 2. I'll start editing those photos tomorrow. Just finished editing all of my photos from Day 1 and they just finished uploading.

http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2011/Day-1

Athielian
10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Really nice pics, wish I knew some photographers at Blizzcon.

Pashko
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Really nice pics, wish I knew some photographers at Blizzcon.

Thank you! I have gone the last 4 years and am planning on going next year so if I see you there I would be more than happy to take as many photos as you like :)

AnimeGamer
10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Your photos are amazing man. Far better then the crap I put out - and also I fail at photoshop so I tend to just toss my pictures out to the wind, lol. Anyway, great work out there this year!

Snizabelle
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Wow, those are great! Everyone looks really amazing and I love that picture of me!

Athielian
10-24-2011, 01:01 AM
I really like your style! Is that done by your camera setting or in post(noob w/ cameras)?

Anyway I'm glad you got a shot of me in your gallery, didn't have very good ones my self.

Pashko
10-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Your photos are amazing man. Far better then the crap I put out - and also I fail at photoshop so I tend to just toss my pictures out to the wind, lol. Anyway, great work out there this year!

Your photos are amazing! I have the hardest time asking people to pose and you have such unique and interesting poses. Any tips?

Pashko
10-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow, those are great! Everyone looks really amazing and I love that picture of me!

Thank you so much! I really like the tint of green you went with. It complements your hair color very well.

Pashko
10-24-2011, 02:23 AM
I really like your style! Is that done by your camera setting or in post(noob w/ cameras)?

Anyway I'm glad you got a shot of me in your gallery, didn't have very good ones my self.

Most of the pictures I take look terrible straight from the camera haha. I process all my photos with Photoshop. It usually takes me ~5-10mins per photo if I know what I am going for. I have only ever shot cosplayers 3 times now so I am still trying to get a feel for what you guys like. I also try to remove any acne or blemishes and whiten teeth (if needed) because thats what I would want done if someone took a photo of me. I never let the people I am photographing watch me edit because I don't want them to feel self-conscious. So once I get the tones and lighting right, the skin and teeth perfect, and the sharpness just right I export and thats what my post looks like.

Sorry my comment was so long. Hopefully I did not go completely off topic ;)

dbchan
10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I had to do a lot of post processing too!

I'm just glad if I can get a picture decent enough that the cosplayers can enjoy it!

AnimeGamer
10-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Most of the pictures I take look terrible straight from the camera haha. I process all my photos with Photoshop. It usually takes me ~5-10mins per photo if I know what I am going for. I have only ever shot cosplayers 3 times now so I am still trying to get a feel for what you guys like. I also try to remove any acne or blemishes and whiten teeth (if needed) because thats what I would want done if someone took a photo of me. I never let the people I am photographing watch me edit because I don't want them to feel self-conscious. So once I get the tones and lighting right, the skin and teeth perfect, and the sharpness just right I export and thats what my post looks like.

Sorry my comment was so long. Hopefully I did not go completely off topic ;)

Yea, my post-production Photoshopping skills are absolutely horrid. It's something I'm still struggling to work on. I know if I can just get my Photoshop skills on par to the skills I've learned over the years as a rinky-dink point-and-shoot Photographer, I can put out much better high-quality photos of everyone instead of just jettisoning my photos out to the internet.

To me, posing is actually relatively easy. Everyone makes it already easy for you, since nearly every cosplayer I ran into at BlizzCon this year had their own set of particular poses. So really, all that needs to be done on the Photographer end is to take the picture in a interesting way. If there is a particular shot you want, never be afraid to ask. One thing that I'm starting to realize about myself as a Photographer over the past year, I'm starting to develop my own type of style that's more focused toward getting the best shot possible on-scene, compared to just firing off my camera and hoping I have a photo or two I can use in post-pro because my Photoshop skill is so weak.

And it also helps a bit to be able to talk to other photographers such as Mike Rollerson (http://www.cosplay.com/member/213734/) - he's been a immense help to me.