PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : [1] 2

Tealeafy
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Is anyone planning to cosplay this show? I just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. It had some really great costumes -- especially Snow White's beautiful gowns.

Anyone making plans?

pigtailedgirl99
10-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I know a whole bunch of people who have plans to do outfits from the show!! They are sooo pretty!! I would love to do Snow White regular white dress!! It i so pretty and I have no idea where to start!!

moonflower.
10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I want to do most of Snow White's outfits and Sister Mary Margaret's. I found a wig in my closet that sort of looks like Mary Margaret's hair so that made me happy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315848_10150429228685715_731470714_10727382_175987 0749_n.jpg

Tealeafy
10-25-2011, 09:27 PM
^ You look just like the actress in that wig. You should definitely go for it.

moonflower.
10-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Thank you! I think my friends and I just decided to do these costumes for Dragon*con, Though I think we're leaning towards the fairy tale versions, which means I'm probably going to do her coffin dress, or her woodsman-like outfit from episode 3, though it definitely looks like we'll be getting lots more outfits for her which makes me happy!

I'm also so sad because I fell in love with one of her dresses from Storybrooke and found it on ebay in my size but it was $200 after shipping. -cries-

Musicalpencil
10-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm so tempted to do an outfit of the Queen. Watching the show only made me love the character even more and I'm excited for the next episode.

Drackt
10-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Firstly.... http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=243154

Secondly, I had finished Rumpelstiltskin for Halloween this year. :)

Full Body (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4116.jpg)
Close-up (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4119.jpg)

I had seen an alternate outfit for ep. 4 that I've been wanting to do...except due to certain circumstances, it'll have to wait. :/ (Also debating if I want to cosplay as his real world alter ego Mr. Gold...)

moonflower.
10-29-2011, 10:10 PM
That costume is epic!! awesome job!!

So i found one of Mary Margaret's dresses on ebay in my size and then i cried because it was 200 and i can't afford that for a dress. sigh. So I'm going to spoonflower the pattern. But I'm officially doing one of snow white's outfits for dragon*con, either her coffin dress or http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttp1p0Tmo1r2vwqco1_500.jpg (costume spoilers from episode 3). Or anything else fun if they pop up.

Tealeafy
10-31-2011, 09:42 PM
@Drackt: Sorry about the double thread. I searched to make sure there wasn't one already and nothing came up. I'll be more careful next time.

Your Rumplestiltskin looks really great. How did you do the makeup?

Aria Marier
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm definitely considering Emma Swan. Trying to ID her jacket and boots!

ravenmist
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm going to try and make her wedding dress next year. It's so pretty. Unless an outfit I like more comes along. And if my husband will be able to go to DragonCon he'll be my prince! =)

touchmon
11-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I really like this show. I'm not sure who I would cosplay. I think maybe Snow White. Her outfits are cute.

Drackt
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
@Drackt: Sorry about the double thread. I searched to make sure there wasn't one already and nothing came up. I'll be more careful next time.

Your Rumplestiltskin looks really great. How did you do the makeup?

That's ok, it happens a lot.

I did put up a tutorial on YouTube for the makeup-
http://youtu.be/YwtxHZJih90

Musicalpencil
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
After seeing the second episode, I kind of want to tackle Maleficent as well. I love her dress (the horns not so much though) and the staff is to die for!

moonflower.
11-03-2011, 10:58 PM
It's sad. I want to make all of snow/MMB's dresses/outfits. it's like my new obsession. Guess she's my new Shilo and Amy. XD

Tealeafy
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
@Drackt: Thanks for the link to your tutorial.

@Musicalpencil: I was thinking the same thing. I'm so used to Maleficent's Disney design (which terrified me as a kid) that I really fell in love with her design on the show. But I agree -- not crazy about her weird horn-crown-thing.

@moonflower.: Let it happen! Embrace it! XD

lisaspieces
11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm definitely wanting to do the Evil Queen, even though Maleficent looks easier to make.

moonflower.
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Already started working on snow white's rogue outfit. So excited for it to be finished!!

moonflower.
11-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Ordered a wig and bookmarked halfchaps, and then found some leather for the vest that I'm looking into. So excited

moonflower.
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I totally just bought the anthropologie dress for Mary Margaret XD

moonflower.
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AfXR2grCAAAxcU-.jpg woohoo! got my dress.

also other people need to post so i'm not trippleposting XD

lisaspieces
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
The rogue outfit would be so fun to make. Are you going to be at Ohayocon?

ShadowDrac
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
^ Agreeing on the rogue outfit. I feel in total love with it when I saw that episode.

I'm glad I'm not one who wants to cosplay from this show! XD I love it so far. I've never been sucked in by a series before. I'm doomed.

moonflower.
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
The rogue outfit would be so fun to make. Are you going to be at Ohayocon?

everyone keeps telling me i need to, but it's kind of last minute so I don't think I am. I wish i could though.

ravenmist
12-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm working on a couple MMB outfits, too. Not too many, but enough for some photoshoots.
A friend and I recently when to Steveston in BC, Canada where the film some of Once Upon a Time and took some photos. But it was soooo cold and wearing a dress and a super thing cardigan was not smart so I didn't get very many pictures. However, it was so much fun and I can't wait to go back.

AmoreMiAmor
12-08-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm planning to watch this show? is it good? I've watched the trailer and it's kind of fascinating, i like their costumes:D

maybe i'll just finish american horror story first before watching this show.. lol

moonflower.
12-13-2011, 11:57 PM
http://once-wardrobe.livejournal.com/1415.html I started a list of Mary Margaret Costume pieces IDs. ^^

Drackt
12-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Fortunately, I've received a Jo-Ann gift card for Christmas, and I'm playing with the idea of starting 'Alchemist' Rumpel (http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/photos/themed-galleries/behind-the-scenes/_m_OUT107BTS014)...not something I'm rushing to do, but still, can't wait to do it. :)

ItalianPeach
12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
<3 This show! I plan on Cinderella. I'm not sure which outfit yet. I loved all of them, included Ashley's (I have this weird thing where I really want a pregnant costumes...) I also really like Ruby's get-up. Though she may be a little to pale for me...

Musicalpencil
01-07-2012, 05:17 AM
After seeing the Evil Queen suddenly get a whole splurge of new outfits, I officially want to do the her. But I'm not sure which one(s) to do; I want them all!

Lucifer
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd really love to cosplay from this show, but none of my friends are interested, plus no idea who I'd cosplay at this point. Who knows as the season progresses though..

moonflower.
01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd really love to cosplay from this show, but none of my friends are interested, plus no idea who I'd cosplay at this point. Who knows as the season progresses though..

doooo it! join us! I'll cosplay with you!

Moofingham
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I covet the costumes in this show. I wish they'd release a guidebook or something to it, because they are worth seeing from each angle....so I can shamelessly cosplay them.

Just saw the most recent episode, and I really want to dress up as Fairytale land Red Riding hood. (Much less exposed than her Storybrooke counter part) I swear I've seen the pattern for her bodice before amongst my pattern travels. Or just make the cloak. I really, really want a massive hooded cloak of wonderfulness....in every colour.

Drackt
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
I am happy to say I'm 50% done with Alchemist Rumpel...now to the headache of the vest...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4144.jpg

Celiaskyleaf
01-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I covet the costumes in this show. I wish they'd release a guidebook or something to it, because they are worth seeing from each angle....so I can shamelessly cosplay them.

Just saw the most recent episode, and I really want to dress up as Fairytale land Red Riding hood. (Much less exposed than her Storybrooke counter part) I swear I've seen the pattern for her bodice before amongst my pattern travels. Or just make the cloak. I really, really want a massive hooded cloak of wonderfulness....in every colour.

So do I. I love this show!!!

So might make something for Costume Con 32 as the theme is Myths, Monsters and Legends this might just work :)

Also is that Cinderpunk for AN a cyber or steampunk version of cinderella you are working one ???

ayaasan
02-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Cinderella's gown is officially a "go" once I have enough saved up after Wonder Con next month. I don't have a set convention for her yet, but my goal is to get her done by Halloween for Mickey's Halloween Party :) It's so gorgeous! The overlay fabric alone makes me drool :D

patriciarakel
02-13-2012, 08:59 PM
If I didn't already have so many projects I'm working on, I'd totally try for Belle's blue dress from this week's episode. I love how they changed it while making it still totally recognizable, and as a person who got to play Belle in a local production of Beauty and the Beast, the blue dress is the Belle staple. :)

redsheep
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm planning a Disney Snow White cosplay. I would love to add a OUaT Snow as well. :3

Ani_BEE
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I love this show but haven't fallen in love with a costume yet other then a few from the Evil Queens wardrobe. If this goes into a second year I might make an effort to do one for the summer of 2013. ^_^

tatooine
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Any tips on making Emma more recognizable? I was thinking about making a "Once Upon A Time" book.

ValentineKitty
02-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Any tips on making Emma more recognizable? I was thinking about making a "Once Upon A Time" book.

Having the book would be perfect! Other than that I'm not sure what else. :/ Kidnap a kid to be Henry? (Kidding...)

Afer watching the Belle episode, I'm seriously coveting her dresses. I always wanted to dress up as a Belle as a kid, so this seems like a perfect excuse. << Although I don't even want to think about how much money I'd have to spend on it right now. Belle will probably have to wait awhile. x-x;

Drackt
02-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I finally had gotten 'Alchemist' Rumpel done...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4156.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4163-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4164.jpg

As much as I would love to start his 'Fairy Godfather' costume from ep. 4, it'll have to wait. Still, I am planning to wear this one out to the Bristol Ren. Faire. :)

NoxRose
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm becoming such a huge fan of the show! I freakin' love Rumple, and Belle is adorable! <3 I have always had a weakness for Belle and I like how they did her blue dress in this show, but that will take some time. The Evil Queen's outfits would be pretty easy for me. I might try to do both possibly. I want the Evil Queen's wardrobe! She's such a horrible person and nothing like me, but her outfits are sooo my style.

EnchantMe-X
02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm thinking about attempting either Red Riding Hood or Belle for London Film and Comic Con this year. Can't decide which one I want to do more tho. =/

MelodyStarlight
02-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Evil Queen is definitely on the top of my to-do list, preferably the pilot outfit. I have a general idea of how I'm going to go about with everything, I'm still figuring out the jacket, corset (the top of it), and the lace circlet thing she wears. Everything else I've got kind of figured out.

Moofingham
03-05-2012, 08:20 AM
So do I. I love this show!!!

So might make something for Costume Con 32 as the theme is Myths, Monsters and Legends this might just work :)

Also is that Cinderpunk for AN a cyber or steampunk version of cinderella you are working one ???

Cc32 would an excellent venue for ouat costumes.

Nah, it's just an original design that didn't match the term steam punk so I dubbed it cinder punk instead. Having said that, steampunking Disney princesses? Hells yeah.

Ouat's side, did anyone else get a jellyfish vibe from the fairy godmothers dresses? Not in a bad way, but very oceanic nonetheless.

Drackt
03-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Cc32 would an excellent venue for ouat costumes.

Nah, it's just an original design that didn't match the term steam punk so I dubbed it cinder punk instead. Having said that, steampunking Disney princesses? Hells yeah.

Ouat's side, did anyone else get a jellyfish vibe from the fairy godmothers dresses? Not in a bad way, but very oceanic nonetheless.

It does look like that, yet I've always thought it was because the producers wanted Lady Gaga in the role. And it does look like something she'd wear...

Moofingham
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
LOL, if these outfits are what "normal" people would be wearing, Lady Gaga's outfit would truly boggle the mind. She'd make an awesome guest star as great fairy or something.

I'm hoping the Red Handed episode next week will provide more insight on what is on the trimming of Red's hood. In the earlier episodes, all I could see was there was fuzzy purple stuff on the edges. Feathers? Feathers attached to red tapestry trimming?

Dear Creators of OUAT. Please make an artbook dedicated to the costumes.

Sincerely, One-Who-Does-Not-Need-More-Ideas.

PSY-chan
03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I have been watching and enjoying the costumes in the show, too. I hope to see Sleeping Beauty's fairies at some point...not that I need more cosplay ideas at the moment.

@Moofingham: I think Red's cloak is trimmed with needle felting, but I could be wrong.

Moofingham
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I have been watching and enjoying the costumes in the show, too. I hope to see Sleeping Beauty's fairies at some point...not that I need more cosplay ideas at the moment.

@Moofingham: I think Red's cloak is trimmed with needle felting, but I could be wrong.

Flora, Fauna and Merryweather <3
Oh, great. Now I need to see that movie again.
Oh, god. Ideas. NO. BAD BRAIN. BAD. Go back to your respective hemispheres!
*ahem*

After just googling needle felting, I think you might be right, or at least it's a pretty good guess. Hmm. Not a skill in my ciriculum vitae. (why am I typing like I mean to make this?) Perhaps this week's episode will have other variations of her cloak. (Seriously, I should not be worrying about this.) Otherwise, we're going to have to get creative. (Someone distract me with something shiny.)

KGaleway
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Red has a couple different cloaks throughout the series, the one that appears pre-Red Handed has embroidered floral trim I believe, whereas the one she wears in Red Handed seems more like an embossed velvet or some kind of heat pressed fabric. One of my teachers is an independant contractor on the show and mentioned something about the material of Red's cloak a while back, I'll ask her again if anyone wants clarification.

Moofingham
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Red has a couple different cloaks throughout the series, the one that appears pre-Red Handed has embroidered floral trim I believe, whereas the one she wears in Red Handed seems more like an embossed velvet or some kind of heat pressed fabric. One of my teachers is an independant contractor on the show and mentioned something about the material of Red's cloak a while back, I'll ask her again if anyone wants clarification.

The Red Handed one does look velvety, though I swear I have seen the same patterns in the drapery sections of fabric land, in a different colour mind you. (though, I wasn't looking for red at the time.) if you have the opportunity to ask her (and she doesn't mind divulging the secrets) I'd love to know.

Would also like to point out snow's outfit was also awesome in that last episode, and I swear I saw fabric just like it on queen St, on the weekend. This show threatens my self-control.

Kat11120
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm planing to cosplay on-the-run Snow White! She is so awesome!!

Is anyone on here going to Cos & Effect 2012?

redsheep
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
So Snow's outfit while she's all bitter in the dwarves' house is awesome. And she finally gets to be girly.

I have to cosplay it, but it's there for so short of time that reference photos may be hard to find.

Moofingham
03-24-2012, 11:54 AM
So that red riding hood outfit I said wasn't going to make? Somehow I ended up with patterns for the cloak and bodice. At least I can't start making it anytime soon, since I don't have the time or funds. But I can feel them there...watching..waiting....though until I find the perfect fabric it won't matter either way.

And despite the fact that the evil queen was in 1x16 for like, two seconds, that was a fantastic riding habit.

Ani_BEE
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
The queen of hearts with the mad hatter this past episode put a simile on my face because of that big head/hair/hat. It has the Tim Burton feel to the costumes.

But the queens hair is dark brown you can see at that top.

fandalia
03-30-2012, 11:34 PM
i've been thinking about making a cosplay of the siren when she uses the illusion to look like snow white.

ayaasan
04-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Hello!~ I'm currently working on Cinderella, and I was wondering if anyone knew the specific name for the type of necklace she wears with her gown?

http://tinypic.com/r/348kdhh/5

I'd like to start researching, but I'm not sure if it's a bib necklace, choker, etc. :)

Ani_BEE
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I've heard it refereed to as a chandelier necklace in the same regard as chandelier ear rings in that style.

Your more then likely need to crest it from scratch with bead you find and the center piece you need to make. Etsy and my local fashion district in a major city is were to find ornate finding.
This is also a good place to find vintage finding.
http://www.jansjewels.com/

ayaasan
04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Thank-you so much :) I've never made jewelry from scratch other than some simple earrings, but there's no time to learn like the present!~ This should be fun! *off to research*

I can hardly wait for all of the organza to arrive so that I can get started with the bead-work and bedazzling. I even found the perfect flowers in the $1 sale section at Michaels, go figure ;)

sweetnsassy
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one who fell in love with ALL of Regina's outfits in "The Stable Boy"?

u2ecila
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Am I the only one who fell in love with ALL of Regina's outfits in "The Stable Boy"?

I loved how the costumes and makeup made her look so young!

I adore Snow's ball gown from Cinderella's wedding.

http://offcolortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tumblr_lunrfdzKHk1r3761so1_250.gif

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lumqjutfkM1r5rcqpo1_500.jpg

I have a bolt of lilac silk that will be perfect for this dress!
Anyone have a better image of the embellishments on the bodice?

thanks!
Alice

Ani_BEE
04-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I recommend finding the episode online and taking screen capture for reference.

tajiri786
04-16-2012, 06:58 AM
thanks dear i think Irene Adler

TheFontBandit
04-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Throwing this out here in case anyone is interested. I've started uploading screencaps of various costumes for reference on Photobucket. They're just from Hulu+, so they're only 720p, but it's better than nothing. ;) (I can get okay caps if a character stands still for a second or two, but Hulu seems to like using some pretty gnarly compression when characters are moving around a lot).

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/fontbanditBJD/ouat/

Stills/promo shots and unsorted images are in the main folder. Sub-albums of screencaps on the right listed by episode. It's a small selection so far, but I'm going to start trying to get caps of some of the costumes I like and add them. If anyone has suggestions for additional costumes to add, let me know.

Ani_BEE
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I just about died when I saw this outfit for the second last episode (20?). If it showed up before I missed it as I've missed a few episodes about 3.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/fontbanditBJD/ouat/?action=view&current=Regina-Apple.jpg

When I'll make it I'm not sure but it's on my radar I as I love every last bit of it including the Ursala hairdo. (Maybe Fan Expo 2013) It will probably become a costume-con Toronto outfit as well given time contrasts. Might even drop my steam punk for this as I've always wanted to do the Evil Queen but finding a costume design that i liked would be hard.

I also think it's her ring she got from her lover (I total forgot his name lol) she is wearing as a necklace? Do you think it's corseted int he back or just form fitted? lol

Out of curiosity do you think they are at least work with Disney with the lovely references they have done with the cartoons?

Edit: I've officially dubbed this Regina's Poison Apple Dress.

Dose anyone have recommendations for the top/jacket pattern?
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/fontbanditBJD/ouat/?action=view&current=Queen-laugh.jpg

TheFontBandit
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
That outfit is gorgeous! I love the pleats in the collar. :) I'll re-watch the ep closely to see if they show the back of the jacket.

As far as working with Disney, ABC (the network that produces and airs OUaT) is owned by Disney.

sweetnsassy
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I just about died when I saw this outfit for the second last episode (20?). If it showed up before I missed it as I've missed a few episodes about 3.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/fontbanditBJD/ouat/?action=view&current=Regina-Apple.jpg

I actually gasped out loud when I saw this outfit. SO MUCH WANT!!!

Limeyaku
05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Amazing props at amazing prices!! (http://aelynn.tumblr.com/post/23047894113/fellow-oncers-i-need-to-brag-and-you-can-too) A friend from the Replica Prop Forum is selling these...so...SO PERFECT. AND AFFORDABLE! I got the book, keychain and badge today and the metal stuff is solid...amazing quality. *_* Nothing for Regina yet...but maybe someone can ask for the ring Daniel gives her!

Ani_BEE
05-14-2012, 03:27 PM
The book looks great but its rather small at 8" x 6" I'm actually surprised an official one has not been released.

ayaasan
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
You are evil, ya know that Limeyaku? Here I am saving up for my Disneyland trip, and then an affordable Snow White ring. Guess I'll just have to wear it at the park and call it one of my souvenirs :D

sweetnsassy
05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Oooh, I'd like to get my hands on a replica vial of Snow's Cure for Love.

ToasterPuppy
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I have plans to make the Blue Fairy's dress <3 I can probably get a simi big group for this too X3

TheFontBandit
05-17-2012, 10:29 PM
*happy dance* Where are you planning on wearing the Blue Fairy? I'm hoping to have a Nova costume put together in time for Dragon*Con. *fingers crossed*

lisaspieces
05-18-2012, 11:27 AM
I was thinking of making the egg from the finale, but if someone on the RPF is doing things in metal you should ask them to attempt it, Limeyaku!

ToasterPuppy
05-18-2012, 09:55 PM
*happy dance* Where are you planning on wearing the Blue Fairy? I'm hoping to have a Nova costume put together in time for Dragon*Con. *fingers crossed*
Darn you D: I don't think I can get it together this year because I already plan on undertaking Sister Evelyn's dress from The Fall and I am really still a novice TT_TT Plus I have never been to a big convention but I have been wanting to branch out

AngelicKey
05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Recently finished a Emma Swan wig for a customer. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/229167/

PeregrinTook310
05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm starting on Regina's ensemble from 'True North' soon, and my bf practically owns one of Sheriff Graham's entire outfits. We picked up an amazing vintage jacket from Ebay the other day:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqV,!lcE9R8yOOBDBPh3G!pHnQ~~60_58.JPG

I did a run through of Regina's makeup as well:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/526719_362631363784277_193671420680273_918593_2293 74969_n.jpg

I've actually used the fabric from her bodice dress from 'True North' before in an historical costume! So I know exactly where to find it...which extremely helps! The only thing I can't find is the flowery-patterned vinyl. I'm thinking it's custom or foreign, I'm on the look out for it though!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GWvdcOG4EN0/T0fshQ0sjJI/AAAAAAAABiM/SnAx3jmTo2E/s1600/ouat-evil-queen-outfits-1x09-1-01.jpg

princemercury1
05-26-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm starting on Regina's ensemble from 'True North' soon, and my bf practically owns one of Sheriff Graham's entire outfits. We picked up an amazing vintage jacket from Ebay the other day:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqV,!lcE9R8yOOBDBPh3G!pHnQ~~60_58.JPG

I did a run through of Regina's makeup as well:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/526719_362631363784277_193671420680273_918593_2293 74969_n.jpg

I've actually used the fabric from her bodice dress from 'True North' before in an historical costume! So I know exactly where to find it...which extremely helps! The only thing I can't find is the flowery-patterned vinyl. I'm thinking it's custom or foreign, I'm on the look out for it though!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GWvdcOG4EN0/T0fshQ0sjJI/AAAAAAAABiM/SnAx3jmTo2E/s1600/ouat-evil-queen-outfits-1x09-1-01.jpg

This is ridiculously awesome! I'm sooo excited for this. =)

cecenaroSed
05-26-2012, 03:40 PM
ставлю пять!

cecenaroSed
05-26-2012, 07:08 PM
отлично!!! вместо книги на ночь.

PeregrinTook310
05-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Haven't finished modding the jacket yet. Still need to make the badge and waiting on the cop holster to come in from an Ebay purchase! But here is my boyfriend as Graham!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/547436_741492027565_127586637_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/401665_741491957705_69400318_33600785_1843115445_n .jpg

Mehdia
05-28-2012, 12:24 AM
@PeregrinTook310: Your make-up for Regina is just AMAZING! You look so much like her. And your boyfriend is going to be awesome as Graham. I love the show and love seeing people cosplaying from it already. It definitely inspires me (even if I won't be getting around to any costumes from it for a while).

TheFontBandit
05-28-2012, 12:28 AM
*flail* He makes a perfect Graham!

PeregrinTook310
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys! I'm going to go pick up my Regina fabric a bit later. Can't wait to get started!

Miss Miri
05-28-2012, 01:11 PM
@PeregrinTook310: He's seriously fantastic as Graham. That jacket especially was a great find. Very, very cool. =D

Arlette
05-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Holy crap, there's a thread for this! This could be helpful in the future! This show is actually my newest Favorite Thing Ever and I'm really beyond obsessed (we'll just leave it at that for now, lol.) As such, I'll be doing a few costumes from the series.

First on my list is Rumple from "Skin Deep" in the burgundy brocade waistcoat and gold silk shirt. I have gathered all the materials, as well as the make-up. So far, I've only gotten the bootcovers mostly completed. I'm waiting until my next payday (this Friday) to purchase an eyelet setter with some JoAnn's coupons I have. Because I have to put in about 100 of the damned things, and I'm not doing it by hand!

After that I plan on making Rumple's outfit from the finale, when he fights Charming in the Infinite Forest. With the jacked up cloak and everything. Honestly, the man trades you his cloak and you can't even take care of it? FOR SHAME! XD

Those are both for Dragon*Con, as well as Belle in her blue dress. Because I'm kind of obsessed with Rumple and Belle. I daresay I have a problem.

Also on my list for sometime in the future is Nova because I own about eight tons of pink fabric (all different varieties) and I really want a jellyfish dress, and Regina from "True North" in that BAD ASS purple brocade dress with the leather mantle and the fierce hat.

(I hate Regina, so it's my dedication to the show and my lust to just own that outfit that forces my hand, lol.)

At some point this summer, pre-Dragon*Con, I'm supposed to throw together Charming's outfit from the pilot when he's running through the palace with baby Emma. Simply for a photoshoot, because my friend/photographer happens to have a baby and a white knitted blanket that she's going to let me add ribbon and the name "Emma" to so that we can get some bad ass shots of me with him.

Because, yeah, her baby is a boy. But that's okay, the plan is to use the photos against him someday when he's 15 and emo.

So there we are! I definitely need motivation since I've been a lazy ass since February.

PeregrinTook310
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
[EDIT] I'm going with the purple ;).

threestories
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm so happy I found you guys! I'm going to cosplay this Emma Swan outfit for DragonCon 2012:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25200000/Cast-Promotional-Photo-Jennifer-Morrison-as-Emma-Swan-once-upon-a-time-25200053-446-595.jpg

I have long, blonde hair already, and the outfit is pretty much done except for the sheriff's badge she wears on the show, a silver swan pendant and the lace-up boots on the way to me from eBay.

Musicalpencil
06-09-2012, 05:09 AM
So as you guys probably know, the Disney California Adventure park has a few Once Upon a Time costumes as a window display of their Off The Page store. I went there and basically was all over the window with my camera taking as many shots as I could. I know there's way better quality photos of them somewhere out there, but here's some close-up shots anyway.

(DISCLAIMER: I am clearly not a skilled photographer and I don't know how to work properly around a reflective sunlight glare nor how to take night shots without flash. I needed three trips to get some overall decent enough pictures of every part I could.)

Snow White's post-wedding/pregnant dress in the pilot (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/303552_10151011026425767_2028859523_n.jpg)

Evil Queen's pilot outfit - top (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/294996_10151011028260767_906780865_n.jpg)
middle (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205362_10151011028035767_523909949_n.jpg)
bottom (night time w/ flash) (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/7947_10151011030745767_2001079715_n.jpg)
coat tail (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/551180_10151011029800767_2106714731_n.jpg)

Fabric of Maleficent's dress (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560062_10151011028555767_1533295172_n.jpg)
Maleficent - torso (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554589_10151011444115767_113831796_n.jpg)
collar and horns (night time w/ flash) (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560598_10151011029095767_1904167978_n.jpg)

Katieasaur
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
I soooo want to do Ruby's outfit in the magic land lol

Basically I found a perfect skirt for fairly cheap but that's about it though

That exactly corset will be impossible to find unfortunately

http://ouat.roneyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/littlered.jpg

LinkPwnsGanon
06-10-2012, 01:46 PM
So as you guys probably know, the Disney California Adventure park has a few Once Upon a Time costumes as a window display of their Off The Page store. I went there and basically was all over the window with my camera taking as many shots as I could. I know there's way better quality photos of them somewhere out there, but here's some close-up shots anyway.

(DISCLAIMER: I am clearly not a skilled photographer and I don't know how to work properly around a reflective sunlight glare nor how to take night shots without flash. I needed three trips to get some overall decent enough pictures of every part I could.)

Snow White's post-wedding/pregnant dress in the pilot (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/303552_10151011026425767_2028859523_n.jpg)

Evil Queen's pilot outfit - top (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/294996_10151011028260767_906780865_n.jpg)
middle (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205362_10151011028035767_523909949_n.jpg)
bottom (night time w/ flash) (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/7947_10151011030745767_2001079715_n.jpg)
coat tail (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/551180_10151011029800767_2106714731_n.jpg)

Fabric of Maleficent's dress (http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560062_10151011028555767_1533295172_n.jpg)
Maleficent - torso (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554589_10151011444115767_113831796_n.jpg)
collar and horns (night time w/ flash) (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560598_10151011029095767_1904167978_n.jpg)
I love Maleficent's dress and is something I want to make! Nice pictures!

I soooo want to do Ruby's outfit in the magic land lol

Basically I found a perfect skirt for fairly cheap but that's about it though

That exactly corset will be impossible to find unfortunately

http://ouat.roneyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/littlered.jpg

I too want to make Red's outfit! The skirt and cloak I can probably do but that corset/bodice is what's bugging me :P

And can anyone see her necklace?

Katieasaur
06-10-2012, 03:23 PM
plus this cloak is totally diff with a all over velvet baroque-esqe print

http://static-l3.blogcritics.org/12/03/12/177541/red.jpg?t=20120312074743

Celiaskyleaf
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
I love this show and if any of you are interested I do make corsets.....I love making them and wearing them so if you want to talk contact me here or on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SkyleafCreations

Moofingham
06-10-2012, 11:23 PM
I love Maleficent's dress and is something I want to make! Nice pictures!
I too want to make Red's outfit! The skirt and cloak I can probably do but that corset/bodice is what's bugging me :P

And can anyone see her necklace?

I've been working on red, in the back of my mind, so I know the feeling. I've narrowed to probably the best two patterns I've seen for the cloak and the bodice, that would only need minor changes to make them accurate. I'll have to look up the numbers, but the cloak was a simplicity and the bodice was a buttericks, I believe. I think the hardest part is the fabric match; Though I've only tried fabric land.

LinkPwnsGanon
06-10-2012, 11:56 PM
I've been working on red, in the back of my mind, so I know the feeling. I've narrowed to probably the best two patterns I've seen for the cloak and the bodice, that would only need minor changes to make them accurate. I'll have to look up the numbers, but the cloak was a simplicity and the bodice was a buttericks, I believe. I think the hardest part is the fabric match; Though I've only tried fabric land.

Thanks! I've just looked some up!

Do you think this one will work for the cloak? Pattern C (http://cdn1.stuff4sewing.com/catalog/product/cache/9/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/9/496154_env_front.jpg)?

And I'm thinking about one of these two patterns for the bodice:

http://butterick.mccall.com/b5662-products-14512.php?page_id=385

http://butterick.mccall.com/b6196-products-2202.php?page_id=385

Yeah I need to search far and wide for the fabric Xo

Faraday
06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
weee, checking in here! I'm in the middle of making a Snow outfit for Comic-Con this year! My friend is making Belle to accompany me :)

I bought my blouse from Forever 21 (http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?category=top&ProductID=2002928570&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=product_feed) and have plans to use a piece of lacey gauze to extend the sleeve into the suede cuffs I'm making (I'm forgoing the gloves this time around and going for this look (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120323013860/onceuponatime8042/images/1/19/Snow-white-once-upon-a-time-29472452-1873-2500.jpg)). Though I didn't know that "cream" was actually so pink! eesh. So here's hoping a thorough tea soak can make it more tan.

I picked up some green fabric, I wanted something leafy like this (http://i45.tinypic.com/qzqkvr.jpg) but never found anything I was 100% happy with so I settled for another green fabric because I dug the texture. it'll do for now.

Gonna pick up some khakis soon and age those as well + add the racing stripes/laces. Though I am upset I found the perfect distressed faux leather but I passed it up and now it's gone. :< so idk what to do about the knee patches at the moment. But I have enough to focus on with altering what I've got to worry about that right now.

Moofingham
06-11-2012, 10:30 PM
@Linkpwnsganon - that's the cloak pattern I went with as well. I think it would work with either version of Red, only with minor mods to insert the hand holes for the embossed velvet one... If that fabric could even be found. I found something similar but the colour is just too raspberry. It's not that brilliant red tone.

For the corsets, I'd go with the second one. I looked into the first one for another project before and aside being a bit of the tough side getting it fitted, I don't think it would go over a peasant shirt too well. There's a lot of tight shaping and boning in that. The second looks pretty good - the one I was planning on using was actually a mcalls, now that I got off my butt to check it: http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m4107-products-1009.php?page_id=915
The neckline isn't the same but it could be modded. I'd say either would work, depending on which one you like the fit of better. The butterick one would need less overall modification, but the lacing in the back of the mcalls would make it easier to have those non adjustable hooks in the front. 50 50.

@faraday - that looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Rei2Rei
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Has anyone had any luck finding a fabric that's similar to Red's corset/bodice? <3

ChibiRinoa
06-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Has anyone had any luck finding a fabric that's similar to Red's corset/bodice? <3

Finding that exact print is pretty tough, but there are a couple of cotton prints that could work if they are dyed with a brownish gold color and stabilized with some interfacing. These prints are kind of similar:
http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=152888&sid=31U9Hz2yTALA7vP-30112355971.44

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=152414&sid=31U9Hz2yTALA7vP-03112314371.b6

If you don't want to dye anything this fabric is sorta close but a little more brown
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=7edfa5c8-7706-4814-901d-9a4ea1fb2565

Also, I started my Regina costume today! I'm working on the red velvet tailcoat she wears in the beginning of An Apple as Red as Blood.

threestories
06-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I posted a costume breakdown for Emma Swan's promo photo/S1 outfit here (http://threestories.tumblr.com/post/25750418954/cosplay-costume-breakdown-emma-swan-from-once-upon-a), including (non-affiliate) links to the screen-accurate vendors/designers/etc., in case anyone wants to see it.

MelodyStarlight
06-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Anyone know of a good pattern I can use for the Evil Queen's pilot coat?

ChibiRinoa
06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Anyone know of a good pattern I can use for the Evil Queen's pilot coat?

You'll have to do some pattern alteration to get it close but this pattern has a lot of similarities: http://www.simplicity.com/p-6060-misses-steampunk-costume.aspx
You'll want to ignore the "fins" on the sleeves and draft in the open cuffs she has, lengthen the coat to the floor, ignore the pocket flaps and finally draft the big collar. You'd basically just be drafting a large flat collar so instructions like these http://www.myinnocentia.com/2010/12/technique-tuesday-drafting-your-own.html would help.

MelodyStarlight
06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
You'll have to do some pattern alteration to get it close but this pattern has a lot of similarities: http://www.simplicity.com/p-6060-misses-steampunk-costume.aspx
You'll want to ignore the "fins" on the sleeves and draft in the open cuffs she has, lengthen the coat to the floor, ignore the pocket flaps and finally draft the big collar. You'd basically just be drafting a large flat collar so instructions like these http://www.myinnocentia.com/2010/12/technique-tuesday-drafting-your-own.html would help.

Cool, thanks so much!

PeregrinTook310
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Currently finishing up my bustier to the my Regina, and I'm about to start sewing up the riding over dress! Finally came across the floral patterned vinyl yesterday at Hobby Lobby, and a possible hat base! No full construction images yet, but they'll be soon to come! Here's some fabric pr0n though :P!
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/165797_376731865707560_902918323_n.jpg
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/428542_384095121637901_19610303_n.jpg

Ani_BEE
06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
^ i have no intentions of doing that costume of Regina's but I want that godly black vinyl(?)!!!

Faraday
06-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeeee, my Snow is done! https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548767_259978260770918_810912818_n.jpg
please excuse the crappy test pictures, I'll have better ones after Comic-Con :)
I ended up lining my vest but it's really hot so I might just cut it out because I surely cannot wear it in San Diego summer weather. still have to dinge up the knee patches so it actually reads on camera and maybe add flower details to some of the vest patches if I have time.

LinkPwnsGanon
06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeeee, my Snow is done! https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548767_259978260770918_810912818_n.jpg
please excuse the crappy test pictures, I'll have better ones after Comic-Con :)
I ended up lining my vest but it's really hot so I might just cut it out because I surely cannot wear it in San Diego summer weather. still have to dinge up the knee patches so it actually reads on camera and maybe add flower details to some of the vest patches if I have time.

It looks fantastic! I hope I can find you at comic-con! :D

PeregrinTook310
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
You look awesome!

moonflower.
06-30-2012, 05:19 PM

that looks amazing!!! i hope mine turns out half as good!

Katieasaur
07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
whoot I'm going as Ruby to AX today :D

Arlette
07-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Finally made some real progress! Rumple's waistcoat from "Skin Deep" for Dragon*Con! This thing has been extraordinarily hard to sew.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/sensitivinferno/360216/353298/original.jpg

PeregrinTook310
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Here's some progress! Have to cut out the capelet, add the buttons down the front of the over-dress and bustier, and I'm in the process of making the hat from scratch.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/391273_388025754578171_1901159603_n.jpg
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/428394_388025721244841_85850533_n.jpg
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/380664_388025741244839_434129756_n.jpg
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/246460_388025777911502_144916765_n.jpg

PSY-chan
07-06-2012, 01:56 AM
@ Arlette and Peregrin: Wow! Nice job ladies, those look spectacular!

I'm waiting to see what characters show up in season 2. Maybe something will inspire me to make a costume...

Arlette
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
@ Arlette and Peregrin: Wow! Nice job ladies, those look spectacular!

I'm waiting to see what characters show up in season 2. Maybe something will inspire me to make a costume...

Well, Aurora and Mulan have just been cast! Something tells me Aurora is going to be particularly popular with the ladies. XD

Drackt
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I know I will not start this until next month, but I was thinking of making Rumpel's cloak (The one he had from James that he apparently hacked up with scissors...) as I have so many leathery scraps around....

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/scifi/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=111&pid=77435#top_display_media

The problem I'm having is where to find the fur. I couldn't find anything similar at Jo-Ann and I won't be able to check Hobby Lobby until next week. If I don't find anything, how the heck would I dye the 'pelt' to get it looking right?

Arlette
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I know I will not start this until next month, but I was thinking of making Rumpel's cloak (The one he had from James that he apparently hacked up with scissors...) as I have so many leathery scraps around....

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/scifi/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=111&pid=77435#top_display_media

The problem I'm having is where to find the fur. I couldn't find anything similar at Jo-Ann and I won't be able to check Hobby Lobby until next week. If I don't find anything, how the heck would I dye the 'pelt' to get it looking right?

This is kinda ghetto, but let me tell you what I did twice with fur and it worked really well!

I had white fur both times, and one I needed to have gradient gray, and the other I needed it to be light pink. So I took Sharpies and went back and forth over the fur, while running my hand (wearing latex gloves) over the Sharpie'd fur while it was still wet. Over and over again, until I reached the correct color. Then I let it dry. The key was blending it in while it's still wet on the fur. Then when it dries, you have the desired color. I also enjoyed the control over getting the exact shade I wanted. So for that brown color of the cloak, say you can only find white fur...take brown Sharpies and try this technique and it should work! Hell, since the fur is all jacked up, I'd say use your fingers to bunch and twirl the fur while it's wet from Sharpie to give it that matted appearance, too. Kill two birds with one stone.

Drackt
07-08-2012, 01:13 PM
This is kinda ghetto, but let me tell you what I did twice with fur and it worked really well!

I had white fur both times, and one I needed to have gradient gray, and the other I needed it to be light pink. So I took Sharpies and went back and forth over the fur, while running my hand (wearing latex gloves) over the Sharpie'd fur while it was still wet. Over and over again, until I reached the correct color. Then I let it dry. The key was blending it in while it's still wet on the fur. Then when it dries, you have the desired color. I also enjoyed the control over getting the exact shade I wanted. So for that brown color of the cloak, say you can only find white fur...take brown Sharpies and try this technique and it should work! Hell, since the fur is all jacked up, I'd say use your fingers to bunch and twirl the fur while it's wet from Sharpie to give it that matted appearance, too. Kill two birds with one stone.

Oooh, that is a good idea...I did try that before with a wig, so it definitely could work. :bigtu:

amiah
07-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Wow that's awesome!!!!
I love the Regina's costume! I did one too, from the Episode 9 ^__^

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/721046599882329667590450751989959484n.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=721046599882329667590450751989959484 n.jpg)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/222160IMG8577.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=222160IMG8577.jpg)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/932069IMG8590.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=932069IMG8590.jpg)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_412584Sanstitre5.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=412584Sanstitre5.png)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_176738Sanstitre4.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=176738Sanstitre4.jpg)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_708363Sanstitre3.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=708363Sanstitre3.jpg)

It's far from perfect, but I like the way it turns out ^^

Riko-chan
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
wow, all your Regina costumes look great! I tried making it fro Connecticon 2012, but was unable to finish. I made just the dress, but not the shoulder cover, hat, or gloves. Where did you all get your fabric? I searched all over but couldn't find the nearly exact match that you seemed to find. I found a similar motif, but it was a smaller, and did was I could. My costume came out poorly, because the pattern I used for the top of the dress kept coming out too short despite my attempts to lengthen it (I am very tall) so the waist is not at a flattering height. But in the end people at the convention liked the dress itself, so it wasn't a total waste ^_^

ChibiRinoa
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I am making progress on my Regina costume for Dragon*Con. I am almost done with the jacket. All that is left is to finish the trim on the sleeves. Then I have to make the rest of the outfit!
Anyway, here is a progress picture:\
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/ChibiRinoa/DSC_0056.jpg

Arlette
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Super fierce! :D

I am making progress on my Regina costume for Dragon*Con. I am almost done with the jacket. All that is left is to finish the trim on the sleeves. Then I have to make the rest of the outfit!
Anyway, here is a progress picture:\
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/ChibiRinoa/DSC_0056.jpg

Arlette
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Hey, Oncers! I just want to let you all know that the site Once Upon a Fan is intent on opening up a gallery to display fan cosplays, based on a suggestion from yours truly. ^_~ Right now, though, they need submissions to get things rolling! Can't have a gallery without photos! So if any of you guys have your costumes completed, here's the info:

"We want to see your designs and #OUAT inspired cosplays for a new feature on the fan site. Send them to gareth@onceuponatimefans.co.uk"

Anyway, just wanted to get that out there! Gareth is the main site admin. The site is awesome because the actors actually follow it, and the admins get access to exclusive interviews a lot and stuff like that!

PeregrinTook310
07-18-2012, 10:16 AM
My fingers are DEAD. But I'm done with the hat beading.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/539781_391847087529371_453322376_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/315313_391846850862728_101974546_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/376412_391847034196043_402539522_n.jpg

Katieasaur
07-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Well now my Ruby feels extra wonky lol

PeregrinTook310
07-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Almost done save for the gloves and taking a little more fabric out of the capelet.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/544624_392661914114555_1640644813_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/425038_392662044114542_1920310563_n.jpg

Arlette
07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Super fierce Regina! :D I love that outfit of hers so much.

I posted this over in the Dragon*Con thread, but here's a preview pic of my in-progress Belle! JoAnn's was out of boning the other day, so I still need to get some and fix the wrinkly bodice. Stupid coupon days, they were out of everything I needed. >:|

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3250773/

Almost done save for the gloves and taking a little more fabric out of the capelet.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/544624_392661914114555_1640644813_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/425038_392662044114542_1920310563_n.jpg

Faraday
07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah, well as for Snow, um, this happened at Comic-Con: https://twitter.com/ginnygoodwin/status/224239559997796352
Leading up to the m&g was the biggest and most frustrating roller coaster of emotions like you wouldn't believe!

Gonna do a few more touch ups before I get some non-con photos taken in a few weeks.

PeregrinTook310
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Awesome Faraday! You look great!

And thank you Arlette, your Belle looks awesome!

Arlette
07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, well as for Snow, um, this happened at Comic-Con: https://twitter.com/ginnygoodwin/status/224239559997796352
Leading up to the m&g was the biggest and most frustrating roller coaster of emotions like you wouldn't believe!

Gonna do a few more touch ups before I get some non-con photos taken in a few weeks.

OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME! I think I actually remember her tweeting that!! I was a super-stalker for news and stuff that weekend.

_rinoa_
07-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm just working on a closet cosplay of regina at the moment (with random rinoa wig at the moment), but eventually want to make her evil queen red outfit from episode 7 http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/kuniconstl/529358_632572463090_304224616_n.jpg

ChibiRinoa
08-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Hey everyone! Costumers Guide just posted a link to a gallery of the current FIDM TV exhibit which has a bunch of OUAT costumes in it. The costumes are on pg 2-3 of the gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peddler_creates/sets/72157630798896562/?page=2
There are lots of up close pictures!

strawintogold
08-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Once I lose weight (for my own benefit, no one else's!) and learn to sew (lol), I'm DEFINITELY taking on Red's costume. I adore her.

Your costumes are all AH-MAZE-ING and I'm SO jealous! Arlette, I love your Belle!

MedievalGirl
08-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow. Those photos from the Costume Guild are wonderful though there are tantalizing glimpse of other outfits from the show in the background. I wonder why there are no images of the fairy or Charming's doublet. The mitering of the fabric pattern on Abigail's dress is masterful.

I want to make Charming's outfit but I'm not even sure what color it really is. Some pictures it looks blue but it can also look black or brown. Also, I'm not sure how the closure is supposed to work. Three pairs of grommets wouldn't keep it closed without gaps. The hardware on the belt came from Tandy leather but I didn't see anything like those silly grommets.

My husband and I do historical reenactments so I made him a doublet out of blue grey wool and reddish trim with Charming's clothes in mind. Since I couldn't find grommets that worked I just used buttons. (The original costumer's sketch had buttons. grrrrrrrrr) Here he is. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hroller/7681570702/in/set-72157630831214616) I think the wool is a good color but the trim is too red. The shirt and leggings are based on historical patterns for one of our events and have nothing to do with OUAT. I'll make the right sleeves and trousers eventually. If I come across leather the right color I might make another go at the doublet now that I have a pattern.

I want to make Snow's bandit outfit for myself. Faraday's is so cool. We have a fairy tale themed party to go to at Halloween. Its been years since either of us have been to a con but if I get these done we'll have to go. I've been doing historical costuming for years but this is my first cosplay. It has reinvigorated my interest in sewing.

Drackt
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm NEARLY done with Rumpel's cloak...

The bat is there for obvious reasons... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4315_zpse16b7b3a.jpg)
Hem detail and reminder I need to continue work on my Princess dresses... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN4307_zpsb05365f0.jpg)

I am definitely considering redoing my first costume to make it look more screen accurate...though it will perhaps include making another shirt for underneath. I noticed a subtle fire-like pattern on it...

As for new ones, I may consider Aurora as she's been my favorite Disney Princess since I was a girl...I'll just have to watch to see if I like it or not...

ChatNoir
09-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I love Once Upon a Time and was thrilled to find this thread! I'm looking into cosplaying fairytale world Red Riding Hood. I already have a bodice similar to the one she wears, as well as a long dark wig. If anyone has any suggestions as far as where to find a hooded cape, gloves or a skirt like hers please let me know. :) I'm going to check out the Halloween stores that have been popping up for a hood.

ToasterPuppy
09-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Loving all of the progress photos *lurks often without posting XP*

Real sad I am going to miss the Season premier because of work TT_TT Does anyone know what ep Captain Hook is going to appear in?

Arlette
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Loving all of the progress photos *lurks often without posting XP*

Real sad I am going to miss the Season premier because of work TT_TT Does anyone know what ep Captain Hook is going to appear in?

Yep! :D Apparently it will be episode 4, "The Crocodile." It's supposed to be Rumple-centric.

moonflower.
09-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Finished it at the con, but I'm so proud of how my Snow White came out!! These photos were taken at Dragon*con by the amazing Christa J Newman

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/262853_10151679905580715_475808184_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/426291_10151679907060715_1312077204_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/69101_10151679906320715_1688181516_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/534322_10151679874840715_1175962101_n.jpg

everything but the half chaps and boots was made by me.

We also got Storybrooke pictures at dragon*con

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/548584_10151670254620715_133282010_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/601631_10151670254805715_107264904_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310646_10151670255200715_186497531_n.jpg

It was so much fun!

Arlette
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
This sort of reminds me...of all the places I could have plugged this article, I forgot to plug it here!

Let me preface this by saying that months ago I told the Once Upon a Time Fans site owner that we had a big group for Dragon*Con in the works. So just a few days before this feature was to come out (during "Rumbelle Weekend" this past weekend) he asked if I could write a little something up about it. So I mentioned Rumbelle as much as possible to go along with the rest of the features (easy enough since I cosplayed them both, lol) and so on and so forth!

http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/the-magic-of-cosplay

It's not like a super detailed piece that really gets into the craftsmanship aspect of it, but that wasn't really the intent.

I am going to try and talk to him about giving the idea of a permanent cosplay feature one more go. There were very few submissions before D*C happened, so he was going to scrap the idea...but maybe now that there's more of us, it can be a real possibility!

touchmon
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Just saw the first episode of Season 2 and my flame to cosplay from this show has come back. I still don't know who I could cosplay though. :/ I don't think I fit any of the characters that have appeared so far.

Arlette
10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Just saw the first episode of Season 2 and my flame to cosplay from this show has come back. I still don't know who I could cosplay though. :/ I don't think I fit any of the characters that have appeared so far.

You should just cosplay whichever character you like best! I like to prance around as a 51-year-old Scottish man in my free time, so I'd say that anyone you pick should be fine!

Depending on how this Hook situation goes, I may have a new love that I'll need to make my husband cosplay. XD

Moofingham
10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone else thrilled for the return of Ouat? If anything for Snow's hilarious line: "We were cursed!"

I feel my purchase of Red's cape material, has firmly cemented the fact I will eventually complete that outfit. Likely in time for Animenorth next year, but gosh darn it I am supressing the urge to finish it in time for winter and run majestically through the snow filled forest...providing it actually snows this year.

Took a while to find one I liked. I loved the texture of the velvet cape she has in the later episodes, but I had no luck finding anything in the right colour. But I did find an awesome red cordoroy with a slight floral threading in it, so it reminds me of a mix of the velvet cape and the plain red one. Therefore not really going with a 100% recreation so much as an adaptation of the style her character wears. Providing I can find a bodice material I like. *melo-dramatic cosplayer problems*

SuperBee
10-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I kind of really want to do Mulan's armour outfit....

Ani_BEE
10-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm still undecided on who and what to make but I got the feeling I'll pick something for costume-con 2014. lol

Found another shot of Regina's apple dress that shows the colour off.
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/once-upon-time-recap-regina-intentions-revealed-025205902.html
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9y0eh0gXy1qjur4wo4_500.jpg Nice shot of the back o the collar.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9xve9WYvq1qijguso1_250.jpg
http://faithtvs.tumblr.com/

Ugh! Where are you suppose to find black 2 shade of blue and purple brocade. This is the dress so far I've been wanting to do.

Edit the many shade of Regina. lol
http://gothicmoomin.wordpress.com/tag/once-upon-a-time/

Lucifer
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
With the show's return, I'm seriously wanting to make SOMETHING from OUaT. My husband wants to dress as Mr. Gold, and Rumple if possible as well, which I am estatic over. I'm just torn as to who or what I'd make for myself x_X;

touchmon
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
You should just cosplay whichever character you like best! I like to prance around as a 51-year-old Scottish man in my free time, so I'd say that anyone you pick should be fine!

Depending on how this Hook situation goes, I may have a new love that I'll need to make my husband cosplay. XD

Lol. XD. After thinking for a bit I think I want to tackle Red. However a part of me wants to not plan until after more characters from S2 appear so I won't change me mind halfway through. Silly brain, being rational for once.

Ani_BEE
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
^ That's my thinking as well. Sure I could try to find fabric now but if it goes onto a 3rd season then I might just find another costume I really like in 2014. lol

Moofingham
10-03-2012, 10:22 PM
^ That's my thinking as well. Sure I could try to find fabric now but if it goes onto a 3rd season then I might just find another costume I really like in 2014. lol

*laughes* If the show stays with us, there might be enough fans at cc32 for us to have our own mini-ouat gathering! I'll likely wear Red as a hall costume, methinks. Added plus is it fits our con's theme.

moonflower.
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
With the show's return, I'm seriously wanting to make SOMETHING from OUaT. My husband wants to dress as Mr. Gold, and Rumple if possible as well, which I am estatic over. I'm just torn as to who or what I'd make for myself x_X;

you would be a fantastic regina. just saying.

Lucifer
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
you would be a fantastic regina. just saying.

Thanks! That's who I'm leaning towards. Plus it'll be fun to get pictures of my husband and I practically strangling each other xD

moonflower.
10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks! That's who I'm leaning towards. Plus it'll be fun to get pictures of my husband and I practically strangling each other xD

always a plus!!!

moosedoom
10-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I am so glad this thread exists. I want to be regina for halloween so bad..and probably for a con or 2. :D Her dresses are so freaking amazing.

Mehdia
10-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Thought I would drop in and share a find I had! If anyone who was interested in cosplaying this version of Regina (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8bcfnJHdS1rtkvgdo1_500.jpg) lives near a Hancock Fabrics, you might want to stop in and check out their costume collection right now. I found this fabric (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mehdia/Cosplay/DSCN2241.jpg?t=1349401869) that would be good for that costume today (excuse to color, it's a darker purple than the photo makes it look) for something totally unrelated to UOAT but thought I would share it with others who might want to do that costume. It's a flocked taffeta. The black is a really soft velvet. I normally would have walked right past this but saw it because I was shopping for a black and purple print for a commission I'm working on and fell in love with this. It was 30% off too, so I paid like $6.50 a yard for it.

EMT_Phares
10-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I dunno why I haven't been here before; this is such an awesome site!

I was just wondering, has anyone thought about cosplaying a "black knight" from the show?

Arlette
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I dunno why I haven't been here before; this is such an awesome site!

I was just wondering, has anyone thought about cosplaying a "black knight" from the show?

My friend is considering it. :) Mostly because he doesn't look like anyone else on the show. He could pull off Grumpy, but he doesn't like the character. Anyway, I would certainly like to see someone as a knight, maybe with a Regina. That would be cool.

TheFontBandit
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Thought I would drop in and share a find I had! If anyone who was interested in cosplaying this version of Regina (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8bcfnJHdS1rtkvgdo1_500.jpg) lives near a Hancock Fabrics, you might want to stop in and check out their costume collection right now. I found this fabric (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mehdia/Cosplay/DSCN2241.jpg?t=1349401869) that would be good for that costume today (excuse to color, it's a darker purple than the photo makes it look) for something totally unrelated to UOAT but thought I would share it with others who might want to do that costume. It's a flocked taffeta. The black is a really soft velvet. I normally would have walked right past this but saw it because I was shopping for a black and purple print for a commission I'm working on and fell in love with this. It was 30% off too, so I paid like $6.50 a yard for it.

Urgh! As if I need another fabric to add to my hoard of "OMG this is perfect and I should buy it now JUST IN CASE I ever decide to make that costume" fabrics. :crylaugh: I love most of Regina's outfits but the fabrics for most of her wardrobe are so tricky to duplicate! I'm not a huge stickler for 100% screen-accuracy, but for some of hers I couldn't even find anything close. That purple one was a particular fave though.

Mehdia
10-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Urgh! As if I need another fabric to add to my hoard of "OMG this is perfect and I should buy it now JUST IN CASE I ever decide to make that costume" fabrics. :crylaugh: I love most of Regina's outfits but the fabrics for most of her wardrobe are so tricky to duplicate! I'm not a huge stickler for 100% screen-accuracy, but for some of hers I couldn't even find anything close. That purple one was a particular fave though.

You don't even know how tempted I was to buy extra so that I could hoard it away myself, and I don't even plan on doing a cosplay from the series! But her costumes are amazing enough to make me give OUAT cosplay a second thought.

TheFontBandit
10-09-2012, 12:01 PM
You don't even know how tempted I was to buy extra so that I could hoard it away myself, and I don't even plan on doing a cosplay from the series! But her costumes are amazing enough to make me give OUAT cosplay a second thought.

Aren't they though? OUAT is basically costume porn. >_< Every week I find myself drooling over another costume (or two, or three).

Bummer for me though - Went to my local Hancock Fabrics and it wasn't there. I found other colors, but no purple. >_< I guess I'll just check next time I stop in to see if maybe it gets restocked. I guess if I don't find it, it wasn't meant to be. There are always plenty of other OUAT costumes to make!

Mehdia
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Aren't they though? OUAT is basically costume porn. >_< Every week I find myself drooling over another costume (or two, or three).

Bummer for me though - Went to my local Hancock Fabrics and it wasn't there. I found other colors, but no purple. >_< I guess I'll just check next time I stop in to see if maybe it gets restocked. I guess if I don't find it, it wasn't meant to be. There are always plenty of other OUAT costumes to make!

That's the problem with that fabric. I found it in one Hancock Fabrics, but not another. It's not in the one I work right next to, so I had to go to another one.

MedievalGirl
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
As if making Once costumes for myself and hubby wasn't enough I think I need to make young Snow's dress for my daughter. Where to find that daisy fabric?

EMT_Phares
10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
That's the problem with that fabric. I found it in one Hancock Fabrics, but not another. It's not in the one I work right next to, so I had to go to another one.

I may just have to check that place out.

EMT_Phares
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM
I was also wondering, what kind of fabric do y'all think is used for a "knight's" tabard from ONCE? Specifically from The Evil Queen's guard?

Cadwyyn
10-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Just ordered all the fabric I'll need - and it will hopefully be enough. As Halloween is approaching, I also decided to try with Once upon a time... so there'll be another Rumpelstiltskin, if I'm successfull. I'll post my progress. :)

Moofingham
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I think that show is a one hour taunt to all of us cosplayers.

"Do you like that dress? HOW ABOUT THESE????"
"Why be an Evil Queen when you can be an Evil Queen with Style?"
"New Character Alert! Need MOAR ruffles! And a matching cloak."

f I won a trip into the wardrobing vault of OuaT I'd.... I don't know. You know Foamy Guy in Avatar cartoon? That would be me.

Snow's battle dress in Sunday's episode? I want it, in all the colours.

</rant-mournful pining-thing>

touchmon
10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
^I loved Snow's dress. Seriously. I would probably try to hug all of the OUaT clothes in order to absorb awesomness if I could get into the wardrobe vault.

I finally decided that I want to cosplay Red. This (http://images.wikia.com/onceuponatime8042/images/6/6a/OUaTRedRidingHood.jpg) outfit. Which I noticed, she wore in last Sunday's episode too. Does anyone know what her red skirt is made out of? I have no idea.

Celiaskyleaf
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
^I loved Snow's dress. Seriously. I would probably try to hug all of the OUaT clothes in order to absorb awesomness if I could get into the wardrobe vault.

I finally decided that I want to cosplay Red. This (http://images.wikia.com/onceuponatime8042/images/6/6a/OUaTRedRidingHood.jpg) outfit. Which I noticed, she wore in last Sunday's episode too. Does anyone know what her red skirt is made out of? I have no idea.

It looks like a crinkled taffetta or velvet

Mehdia
10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I totally agree that Snow's newest outfit was gorgeous. I think that's the prettiest she's looked in the series thus far, and that's saying a lot because she is always pretty. I might have to attempt to cosplay Snow some time in the future. Her or Red. They are my favorites when they are in their fairy tale forms.

touchmon
10-16-2012, 05:59 PM
It looks like a crinkled taffetta or velvet

Thanks. :)

I get really into the Once Upon a Time mood and started gathering ref images for Red's outfit. I felt like I wanted to cry when I found a close up of the corset. The details. T_T The clasps and the flowers and everything about it.... This is going to take a long time.

Quinn The Spazz
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm so happy this thread exists!

Maybe it's just because I LOVE top hats, but ever since I saw it, I've wanted to cosplay Jefferson's Mad Hatter outfit. I think this might be a good excuse to get my sewing machine fixed...

Moofingham
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks. :)

I get really into the Once Upon a Time mood and started gathering ref images for Red's outfit. I felt like I wanted to cry when I found a close up of the corset. The details. T_T The clasps and the flowers and everything about it.... This is going to take a long time.

Yay! Another Red Cosplayer! And tell me about it with that corset. (Do you have a really good close up pic?) I have a pattern to make it, bar altering the neckline of it slightly, and it should adapt to those clasps. But it's that fabric that's the problem. I haven't been able to find one similiar, or at least, one that gives a similar enough feel that I would be happy to use instead. Such is life.

Have you seen the promotion pics they did for this season? Red's in another outfit altogether!

@Mehdia - Doooooo it!

touchmon
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Yay! Another Red Cosplayer! And tell me about it with that corset. (Do you have a really good close up pic?) I have a pattern to make it, bar altering the neckline of it slightly, and it should adapt to those clasps. But it's that fabric that's the problem. I haven't been able to find one similiar, or at least, one that gives a similar enough feel that I would be happy to use instead. Such is life.

Have you seen the promotion pics they did for this season? Red's in another outfit altogether!

Here you go (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Touchmon/tumblr_maso85ub6m1qa48x8o1_500.jpg). I need to start researching on how to make corsets like that so I can have a plan. I already know I'm going to embroider the flowers on so it's more or less finding the base fabric and figure out how to tackle those clasps. Oh and how are you tackling the skirts?

And yes I have! Her outfit is so pretty. *_*

Moofingham
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Here you go (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Touchmon/tumblr_maso85ub6m1qa48x8o1_500.jpg). I need to start researching on how to make corsets like that so I can have a plan. I already know I'm going to embroider the flowers on so it's more or less finding the base fabric and figure out how to tackle those clasps. Oh and how are you tackling the skirts?

And yes I have! Her outfit is so pretty. *_*

Oh thank you, that's great! (Jeeze oh man, that fabric is even more detailed than I thought). For the skirts, if I end up doing the one from the above picture, it seems like it's a tafetta material, so I'd make it out of that, probably using those simplicity medieval skirt patterns to get the proper fullness. To get the crinkly effect, I'd probably dampen the finished skirt, and then twist it around itself and then lash it together for a few days until it creases. Kinda what people did to those cottony crinkle/broomstick skirts from the 90s, when you washed them; you stored them twisted. And there's some sort of thin petticoat under it, to give it a slight floof?

....but I really like the promo pics skirts....would it be so bad if I frankensteined the original bodice to the new skirts. Would it????

PSY-chan
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Glad the new season started. My fav Disney "princess" is Mulan, andy her outfit thus far is pretty bad ass. But I'm still waiting to see Aurora's fairies...

MedievalGirl
10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I've not been one for the Evil Queen outfits but I like the one she's wearing when she tries to escape her wedding. I may even have that fabric. Not enough and its been made into something else but I have it darn it.

I like Snow's dress in Lady of the Lake as well. I think that may be because it has no feathers.

heaven_firings
10-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Thinking of cosplaying the Mad Hatter at some point but I'm so excited for Captain Hook. I think it's gonna be a tough choice deciding once he's properly introduced. I guess time will tell.

touchmon
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Oh thank you, that's great! (Jeeze oh man, that fabric is even more detailed than I thought). For the skirts, if I end up doing the one from the above picture, it seems like it's a tafetta material, so I'd make it out of that, probably using those simplicity medieval skirt patterns to get the proper fullness. To get the crinkly effect, I'd probably dampen the finished skirt, and then twist it around itself and then lash it together for a few days until it creases. Kinda what people did to those cottony crinkle/broomstick skirts from the 90s, when you washed them; you stored them twisted. And there's some sort of thin petticoat under it, to give it a slight floof?

....but I really like the promo pics skirts....would it be so bad if I frankensteined the original bodice to the new skirts. Would it????

Huh, that's a good way to go about the skirts, didn't think of that, thanks! ^_^

And I say do it! :D It's still Red no matter what anyway!

Arlette
10-17-2012, 07:29 PM
So far, it looks like season two is going to have some amazing costumes! While I've never seriously been interested in cosplaying as Regina, I'm VERY interested in her apprentice costume from episode 5. Though my friends made fun of me by saying that I only like it because it's like a pretty femme Rumple. XD

http://i.imgur.com/TIdi1.jpg

Moofingham
10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
@Touchmon - *LOL* I just might. I think I might have worked out how that overskirt thing is made in the promo stot. In theory anyway. I must have something I can canabalize for a test....

@Arlette - That is an awesome outfit to cosplay. It's a lot less... EVIL QUEEN REGINA, but still very OUAT style. Not mention excellent usage of grommets and lacings on that jerkin.

Mehdia
10-18-2012, 12:26 AM
@Moofingham: I just might cosplay Red in the near future. I LOVE her character so much (as Red or Ruby) and she is so pretty and has a great story.

@Arlette: You are tempting me with that shot. I LOVE how Regina looks in it. I really do like a lot of her costumes from before she was the evil queen (and am I the only one that feels she might be a little less evil this season?). Now I'm gonna want to add more to my to-do list for next year's con time and won't know what to do...

Ani_BEE
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken this is the dress used during Cinderella's ball that Snow wore with her hair up at that time.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=413707162018117&set=a.193464700709032.51636.168914433164059&type=1&theater

Now I want that issue!

Katieasaur
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
red riding hood almost complete eeeeek

Moofingham
10-18-2012, 03:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken this is the dress used during Sleeping Beauties ball that Snow wore with her hair up at that time.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=413707162018117&set=a.193464700709032.51636.168914433164059&type=1&theater

Now I want that issue!

(I think it was Cinderella's ball) But yes, that's the one! However, she did not have the pretty pretty capelette on her shoulders. That is a really pretty cape....
The text's small, but that sketch in the bottom corner indicates there are possible more costume details to be found inside? The article link did not say.... but it did say they might off important characters this season. I did not like that part.

The Coscom fans of Ouat must know what's inside! Do we get that magazine in Canada?

Ani_BEE
10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Yess went to say Cinderella o_O. I know it's really hard to find references of that one.
http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/10/19/once-upon-a-time-snow-and-charming-debut-new-looks-in-this-weeks-ew-video/
Video have Snow's new riding/battle outfit as well.

You can order a subscription to ship to Canada. Maybe Chapters/Indigo would have it in the massive magazine racks.

Arlette
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Yep, lilac dress is from Cinderella's wedding and cape/shawl can be seen in "A Land Without Magic" when Charming wakes her up and then proposes. If anyone was curious!

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/tv/TVNP/albums/OnceUponaTime/S1/122/6/ouat122_1585.jpg

touchmon
10-19-2012, 06:48 PM
So excited. ^_^ I got a pattern for Red's corset. My friends also want to cosplay OUaT with me, so now I have a Rumple and Hook. Of course I need to make everything for them but I don't care. I have a group! XD I need to bother my friends to get as many ref images as possible so I don't have to.

Moofingham
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Yess went to say Cinderella o_O. I know it's really hard to find references of that one.
http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/10/19/once-upon-a-time-snow-and-charming-debut-new-looks-in-this-weeks-ew-video/
Video have Snow's new riding/battle outfit as well.

You can order a subscription to ship to Canada. Maybe Chapters/Indigo would have it in the massive magazine racks.

Hm, next time I'm in one, I am so looking for it.

I love how he's a combination of pleased with his work, and perfectly nonchalant about the crazy awesome he makes. It's just silk duponi and crystals after all. Just had that stuff kicking around. O_o;

I did not realize that the forevernownamed War Council outfit had a split in the back panel. *files that idea away for later* I doubt I'd directly cosplay Snoiw directly but a peplum jacket with a back skirting is too tempting not to adapt. And I would apparently want to wear that, while riding a horse, so that the tails would fly behind us as we galloped down the 401 highway. That would be epic....

touchmon
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Today's episode had so much FEELS.

I also spent a lot of time when Hook was on the screen trying to figure out his outfit. I really liked his leather coat. I really want my friend to give me the a-go that she wants to be Hook but she isn't sure. -_- Why can't you pick one of the girls with the pretty dresses? XD

I also found this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERA-WANG-Dark-Red-Taffetta-SKIRT-SZ-4-/280999473728?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D2911583469348828257%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D170899683826% 26) on ebay. It looks pretty good for Red but a little too big for me.

Moofingham
10-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Guys, I have scored the Entertainment Weekly magazine. The secrets to the OUAT world are now at our fingertips! Sort of.

There's actually less pictures in the magazine that I hoped. The article is good, and has some nice story timbits, but I wanted more pictures.
Basically there is:
-Cover: Snow, (lilac dress, white flower shawl) Charming (burgendy doublet)
-Snow (war council outfit) Charming (burgendy)
-Snow (white,lilac) Charming (blue velvet cape and armor)
-a collection of small screen caps for future episodes
-Snow (war council with a small sketch of the outfit in the corner)
-Charming (burgendy with sketch)
-Regina (purple and black gown with sketch)

If anyone wants a scan of any of them, let me know. I probably can jimmyrig something together in a few days, if need be.

Today's episode had so much FEELS.

I also spent a lot of time when Hook was on the screen trying to figure out his outfit. I really liked his leather coat. I really want my friend to give me the a-go that she wants to be Hook but she isn't sure. -_- Why can't you pick one of the girls with the pretty dresses? XD

I also found this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERA-WANG-Dark-Red-Taffetta-SKIRT-SZ-4-/280999473728?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D2911583469348828257%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D170899683826% 26) on ebay. It looks pretty good for Red but a little too big for me.

The Feels were many last night.
Hook's been promoted to a regular, so he should be popping up in that outfit often, I would imagine. Ready your screen captures! I was the same with Rumple's wife, whose name is escaping me. I didn't get a great breakdown of what she was wearing, especially since a good chunk of the scene was night, and then I was too distracted by yelling, TAKE THE HAND! at the TV. But it looked...interesting. I was liking the layers at least.

Aw, that would have worked well for Red too. Do you have any thrift stores nearby? I have a skirt that's almost identical to that, that I picked up like.... 5 years at the Good Will. You might luck out. I was debating about using my own for Red but it's not quite full enough for my liking....and the more I look at the promo image, I'm thinking that version of the skirt is crushed penne or velvet. (Probably with their budget, it's velvet) Great. I dislike stretch fabric...though maybe if I staystitch the waist it might not stretch so bad. But it rolls.... I hate rolls unless they are the bakery fresh kind...

EDIT: I also just found some pics from a recent show:

http://www.artfinder.com/work/once-upon-a-time-costumes-worn-by-actors-josh-dallas-as-prince-c/in/listing.the-outstanding-art-of-television-costume-design/

Starting from there and moving right, there's some nice shots of Season 1 stuff.

Ani_BEE
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
I had a moment a the end of the show thinking that Rumples son is/will be Peter Pan. O_O The boy that Never Grew up and ran away to Neverland via a magic bean. When Hook took his boat into the world-pool the magic bean created I had a freak out moment when he said their where going to Neverland.

And Smee's red hat I wasn't cluing into either. lol

The Genie/spirit of the mirror costume is so detailed!
http://www.artfinder.com/work/once-upon-a-time-costumes-worn-by-giancarlo-esposito-as-the-geni/in/listing.the-outstanding-art-of-television-costume-design/

Arlette
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
The Feels were many last night.
Hook's been promoted to a regular, so he should be popping up in that outfit often, I would imagine. Ready your screen captures! I was the same with Rumple's wife, whose name is escaping me. I didn't get a great breakdown of what she was wearing, especially since a good chunk of the scene was night, and then I was too distracted by yelling, TAKE THE HAND! at the TV. But it looked...interesting. I was liking the layers at least.

Milha (I believe that's how it's spelled, I'm trying to remember the press release) has a VERY elaborate and pretty pirate outfit, but I think the problem is going to be that not very many people like her, lol. I have a friend who is thinking about making it purely for aesthetic reasons and because she's making Hook for her hubby, but she's not sure yet. I liked the sheer sleeves of her blouse and her wide belt with all the STUFF on it.

*has already watched the episode three times because I have a problem.

But yeah, I think the problem is going to be that people dislike her because of the Rumple thing and won't want to make that costume. I didn't care for her, myself.

Moofingham
10-23-2012, 06:17 PM
@anii-bee: honestly I was thinking the same thing. It's totally possible still right? Same transport, would explain how bae wouldn't be dead after all those years, how he could be henry's father...

@arlette: *it's not a problem, it's attention to details!* yeah...personality wise...not the best, but such an interesting outfit.

MedievalGirl
10-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I liked Milah's costume too. It was practical in an adventurer's way and not boobilicious like so many female pirate costumes. Cool necklace too.

Bandit Snow and Charming are almost done. I had my husband put it all on together this evening. (He's been so patient about all of this.) There are pictures but I didn't get the light right.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-4.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-5.jpg

He still needs to put the conchos on his belt and I need to fix the collar and cuffs on the shirt. (It was made for something else.)

I have no picture of me because I screwed up the blouse. It went together really well and looked nice enough to wear out in the real world. Then I decided it needed washing to look more lived in. I turned it pretty pretty princess pink. I got most of the pink out and decide to tea dye it to hide the remaining color and give it character. Right. Character. At some point I decide to twist up the sleeves to make it more peasant blousely. I use binder clips. Turns out one of the clips must have been made of iron.

I really should have known better. In my historical reenactments I've made ink out of oak galls and/or walnuts plus iron sulfate and some other stuff. I taught classes on this this. With the tannins from the tea and the metal of the clip I end up with some very dark inky stains on the blouse. Sigh.

I don't know why I'm tell you this. I'm amused at the chemistry of the whole thing it being Mole day and all.

Ani_BEE
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Baelfire his name is interesting.
"Baelfire" (Old English spelling) or "balefire" (modern spelling) means "great (or "fatal" or "evil") fire."
Celtic Pagan it means "bonfire"

Bael is a type of asian fruiting tree that take 11 months to ripen. It was cinsider to have healing properties.

Bael as a name means "handsome" in french

And there is this one. Sound a lot like Baelfire.
http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/bael.htm

TheFontBandit
10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Milha (I believe that's how it's spelled, I'm trying to remember the press release) has a VERY elaborate and pretty pirate outfit, but I think the problem is going to be that not very many people like her, lol. I have a friend who is thinking about making it purely for aesthetic reasons and because she's making Hook for her hubby, but she's not sure yet. I liked the sheer sleeves of her blouse and her wide belt with all the STUFF on it.

*has already watched the episode three times because I have a problem.

But yeah, I think the problem is going to be that people dislike her because of the Rumple thing and won't want to make that costume. I didn't care for her, myself.

Yeah... I absolutely LOVE her costume, but she's not really a character I'd want to cosplay because (as of right now) she's a pretty flat, unlikable character. Which is kind of sad, because her story could have been given a lot more depth and made her more intriguing. I think the core problem is just that... she's just not very interesting. I mean, Regina is a terrible person (or at least she was in season 1), but people still enjoy her because her backstory has so much complexity and she feels like a fully fleshed-out character. Milah just really seems like a placeholder/throwaway/deus ex machina so that Rumple could meet Hook, rather than an actual person.

I'm hoping they give us more details of Milah's story... maybe a look at Milah and Rumple before the war, how they met and got married, the fallout when he came home from the war and the constant ridicule causing stress in the marriage, the arguing and tension... actually show pieces of the process of how everything really fell apart between them. Or even more about Milah's interaction with Hook the night before she left. Perhaps we could get to see the moment she made the decision to leave, from her perspective. It would be a lot more intriguing than just "wah, you're a big chicken so I'm running off with smexy eyeliner pirate, buh-bye!". And then she would be more fun to cosplay... even if she was still a "villain", she might be a bit more sympathetic.

Anyway... sorry for the ramble. It's something that's been a bit disappointing to me this season so far - the way everything just feels rushed, like we're skimming the surface of everything instead of really getting invested in any one part of the story at a time. I still love the show, but I crave that real sense of connection that I got with last season's characters. I bonded with Nova and Cinderella and Belle, even though each only had a starring role in one episode apiece. I have yet to feel that connection with any of the new characters this season, and I hope that they will go more in-depth later.

touchmon
10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
"wah, you're a big chicken so I'm running off with smexy eyeliner pirate, buh-bye!"

This made me lol. XD

So I told one of my other friends that I'm going to have a OUaT group for NYCC and she said she would be Snow for us. ^_^ Thankfully she can make her own cosplays so I don't need to worry about her.

Arlette
10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Anyway... sorry for the ramble. It's something that's been a bit disappointing to me this season so far - the way everything just feels rushed, like we're skimming the surface of everything instead of really getting invested in any one part of the story at a time. I still love the show, but I crave that real sense of connection that I got with last season's characters. I bonded with Nova and Cinderella and Belle, even though each only had a starring role in one episode apiece. I have yet to feel that connection with any of the new characters this season, and I hope that they will go more in-depth later.

Yeah, I'll have to agree with this to a point. I fell in love with Belle and she became my second favorite character after only one episode. Hell, one particular SENTENCE made me fall in love with her and told me so much about her. I do feel that they are trying with Aurora and Mulan, but I haven't had that "ah ha" moment yet. I love Hook, but some of my love is based on his sass. I do love characters who are facetious.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, I think I'm going to make Rumple's crazy!Rum costume instead of another of his more "gentlemanly" ones. I've already done that, you know? So I'm shooting for his main costume, the alligator skin one that he's worn since the pilot. Although I may make the burgundy cloak that he wears with it in The Crocodile (which I think is the same one he wore in The Return) to go with it and make it a little different. I did an online search and found black CROCODILE SKIN vinyl that is perfect, and it made my day because I'm a nerd and have no life.

touchmon
10-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I did an online search and found black CROCODILE SKIN vinyl that is perfect, and it made my day because I'm a nerd and have no life.

May I have a l have a link for this? I think my friend wants the alligator skin vest for her Rumple cosplay.

Arlette
10-27-2012, 06:44 PM
May I have a l have a link for this? I think my friend wants the alligator skin vest for her Rumple cosplay.

http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Black-Crocodile,Snakeskin,Fabric :)

Just make her promise not to buy it all up! ;)

touchmon
10-27-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Black-Crocodile,Snakeskin,Fabric :)

Just make her promise not to buy it all up! ;)

Thanks! And don't worry, as I'm going to be making it for her, I'll make sure she doesn't buy it all. ;D

Ani_BEE
10-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I read the Entertainment weekly article and they mention that the purple dress is considered Ragina's purple dress to be her signature look. :P Now I must do it some how, why must the fabric used be so unique!!!!! Even my Red Queen I found something that was close but the floral pattern they used on Ragina's has 3 different shades on black!!!

Quinn The Spazz
10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX

Arlette
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX

Haha, right. Not to mention that cocky Jefferson = love. I decided to go ahead and make that one for my hubby for our Katsucon group. I was planning on making Hook for him (and the outfits are similar in many ways) but now I DEFINITELY feel like flashback!Jefferson fits him better. Besides, he can keep with the theme of doing more of Jefferson's outfits!

Mehdia
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM

Dude, I feel ya! He looked so AWESOME in this episode.

Haha, right. Not to mention that cocky Jefferson = love. I decided to go ahead and make that one for my hubby for our Katsucon group. I was planning on making Hook for him (and the outfits are similar in many ways) but now I DEFINITELY feel like flashback!Jefferson fits him better. Besides, he can keep with the theme of doing more of Jefferson's outfits!

I definitely agree that cocky Jefferson is so much better than whiny, woe-is-me Jefferson. He just had that Mad Hatter feel when he was being cocky.

And was it just me or did anyone else call that Dr. Whale was going to be, highlight here since this is a spoiler for those who missed last night --> Dr. Frankenstein? The second the episode began, who he was finally fell into place and I was practically yelling it at my TV saying I knew who he was. I had wondered about his character since last season and finally got some closure on who he was.

Arlette
10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
And was it just me or did anyone else call that Dr. Whale was going to be, highlight here since this is a spoiler for those who missed last night --> ? The second the episode began, who he was finally fell into place and I was practically yelling it at my TV saying I knew who he was. I had wondered about his character since last season and finally got some closure on who he was.

Well, the eyecatch started out basically trying to give it away...but ABC really gave it away in the promo that played after last week's episode. I mean, even if you knew NOTHING about the show, they pretty much showed who he was and what the plot was about so anyone with half a brain could have put it together. I wasn't mad because I'd read a theory that made some very good points about his identity being what it is (and I'm sure the person who wrote that theory is very proud!) but I was disappointed that they would give it away after all this mystery and build up. Even David Anders was annoyed, lol. I SUPER LOVED the eyecatch, though, and that his land was in black & white. It gave me feels. Woo, Gothic Horror Land! XD

Oh, and I really want to see cosplay of him, but I'm afraid that people might think they're Dr. Horrible. ^_~ David Anders even said that he's often mistaken for NPH!

Mehdia
10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, the eyecatch started out basically trying to give it away...but ABC really gave it away in the promo that played after last week's episode. I mean, even if you knew NOTHING about the show, they pretty much showed who he was and what the plot was about so anyone with half a brain could have put it together. I wasn't mad because I'd read a theory that made some very good points about his identity being what it is (and I'm sure the person who wrote that theory is very proud!) but I was disappointed that they would give it away after all this mystery and build up. Even David Anders was annoyed, lol. I SUPER LOVED the eyecatch, though, and that his land was in black & white. It gave me feels. Woo, Gothic Horror Land! XD

Oh, and I really want to see cosplay of him, but I'm afraid that people might think they're Dr. Horrible. ^_~ David Anders even said that he's often mistaken for NPH!

I didn't get to see the promo last week since I had to close at work and watched the episode online the next day. But yeah, the eyecatch started to totally give it away in an instant. I loved that they made him the character they did though because it made for a twisted character that could rival some of the other twisted stuff going on in the series. And it got us to have awesome Jefferson^^ But I did love how they did his land, so cool. I hope they do more with him since it was an intriguing idea.

TheFontBandit
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM

Yes! I was visiting with family this weekend, so I watched the ep with my Mom and my Grandma. They kept laughing at me for ogling the outfits. :P As soon as Jefferson showed up, I actually blurted out, "that COAT!"

I'm also digging Regina's dressed-down look in this episode - her leather vest had some nice details.

Moofingham
10-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes! I was visiting with family this weekend, so I watched the ep with my Mom and my Grandma. They kept laughing at me for ogling the outfits. :P As soon as Jefferson showed up, I actually blurted out, "that COAT!"

I'm also digging Regina's dressed-down look in this episode - her leather vest had some nice details.

I think Jefferson wins for most lusted after garment of the episode. I mean, regina's jerkin was excellent.... But that coat. I also admit to a brief moment of fangirling when hook, Jefferson and rumple were all on screen doing their evilish, sly thing.

Mehdia
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I also admit to a brief moment of fangirling when hook, Jefferson and rumple were all on screen doing their evilish, sly thing.

OMG yes! I love seeing them all be their evil selves. Something about that whole "evil is sexy" thing I think. Jefferson so totally needs to stay that way instead of the way he was when first introduced in the show. I like his confident, sly side so much more.

Moofingham
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Red Cosplayers! We get an Red-centric episode next week. Ready the screen shot buttons, 'cause there's research to be done! Perhaps there are new outfits we can make?
'cause I haven't bought material for anything other than the cloak, so I am open for more awesome choices.

This episode, not really costume centric, though I'm happy Jorge Garcia was in it. You are not a bad giant...and I can't see Neal as anyone other than Rene from True Blood, which is creeping me out. And Hook. You sneaky, more than likely doublecrossing in the future pirate. You are....an extremely good looking man. Stop it.

Arlette
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Hook, you sexy bastard. Stop being such a sexy bastard.

On topic: Ordered the vinyl and grommets for my new Rumple costume! Very excited to get started! I'm also excited about people possibly cosplaying as young!Emma with hipster glasses. XD

Mehdia
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree ladies, Hook is just a sexy man. A bit evil, but sexy.

And Moofingham, yes, I can't wait for next week to see more of Red. I really am considering cosplaying her and would love some good references for her costumes.

touchmon
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
^Yes. So excited for next episode. Hopefully she will have an outfit that won't make me want to cry with the amount of work on it. Oh Red. Why can't you have a simple riding dress of some kind?

As for this episode, I could feel the HookXEmma radiating off of it. Well, at least until the end. XD

Ani_BEE
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Regina's floral pleather/vinyl seen in her Black Capelet can be found at Len Mill stores in Ontario. Of course that not the fabric I'm looking for but I could not help but ogle at it. >__<

Yes Hook was doing his "I'm sexy and I know it" thang.

Moofingham
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I spent a pathetically long time at work wondering what OUAT cosplayers would be called. I mean, Glee fans are Gleeks right? And I think they call OUAT fans Oncers? But what are we cosplayers called? My brain is CONVINCED there is a proper and respectable term for our art. Sadly the only slight play on works I could come up with was "Spinners" refering to Rumple's spinning into gold, like how we make fabric into gold quality bespoke art. At that point, I went back to daydreaming, I mean, cleaning.... chalking it up to be a bad job.

Regina's floral pleather/vinyl seen in her Black Capelet can be found at Len Mill stores in Ontario. Of course that not the fabric I'm looking for but I could not help but ogle at it. >__<

Yes Hook was doing his "I'm sexy and I know it" thang.

Noooo... stop tempting me with fabric, Ani Bee! I don't want to cosplay the Queen and her awesome tremblebeforemeandmyornate outfits.
....I thought I saw the shimmery purple and black velvet fabric that goes with that at fabricland not long ago. I think it was tafetta though.

Ani_BEE
11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes taffeta with black felted pattern, I've seen them have it in store (not my local on enough lol) you can also get it online.

MedievalGirl
11-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm a little late but I wanted to share my Bandit Snow and Charming costumes.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-1.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file.jpg

And last but not least my baby boy objecting to having to play baby Emma
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-8.jpg

MedievalGirl
11-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I've tried to post a couple times with links to my Bandit Snow and Charming costumes. I seem to be be getting caught in new member moderation. :(

Ani_BEE
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes they do this to prevent spammer.

You can post the link without www. at the beginning as text for now.

MedievalGirl
11-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Snow
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-9.jpg

Charming
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-10.jpg

Our baby boy objecting to being cast as Baby Emma
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-8.jpg

Moofingham
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
So, I haven't even finished.....or started Red and I'm having ideas on how to photoshoot it. A customer of ours comes into my work today with her Malamute. Her beautiful, giant malamute. A doggy that would easily work as a small pony for a child.... or a wolf if placed in a winter forest. It is taking a good chunk of my willpower not to run up to her like a madwoman next time I see her, and beg to borrow her dog so I can photograph Red Riding Hood in the woods, complete with wolf transformation.

Snow
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-9.jpg

Charming
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-10.jpg

Our baby boy objecting to being cast as Baby Emma
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/BabyGirlH/Costumes/file-8.jpg

You guys look fantastic! The costumes turned out great. And "Emma's" outrage is spot on. Your wee one should be proud.

SailorAndromeda
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I totally just now found out about this thread, haha! So yeah, making my hubby Hook for Katsucon and going to be part of Arlette's group. I'm also making Milah, just ordered a wig for her today from epiccosplay. It would be nice if they'd share more of her backstory, but I won't hold my breath. Also, I don't know how she could abandon both Rumpel AND Bael. I would have taken Bael with me, he could've learned pirate-y things, lol. ANYWAY.
I'm now searching for good screen caps, of which there aren't many. Oh darn, I'll have to watch episodes over and over... ;)

MedievalGrl, your family looks great! Your son is adorable :)

Arlette
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I totally just now found out about this thread, haha! So yeah, making my hubby Hook for Katsucon and going to be part of Arlette's group. I'm also making Milah, just ordered a wig for her today from epiccosplay. It would be nice if they'd share more of her backstory, but I won't hold my breath. Also, I don't know how she could abandon both Rumpel AND Bael. I would have taken Bael with me, he could've learned pirate-y things, lol. ANYWAY.
I'm now searching for good screen caps, of which there aren't many. Oh darn, I'll have to watch episodes over and over... ;)

MedievalGrl, your family looks great! Your son is adorable :)

Now now, surely no mother would WANT her son to grow up to be a pirate? XD

Also, she was drunk.

Mehdia
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Now now, surely no mother would WANT her son to grow up to be a pirate? XD

Also, she was drunk.

And Hook was kinda hot...so there's that too.

Arlette
11-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's some progress on Rumple. I think I'm getting carpel tunnel from setting the eyelets. Only about 100 more to go! ;___;

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdc5cl5Iqu1qbyr9n.jpg

Mehdia
11-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Here's some progress on Rumple. I think I'm getting carpel tunnel from setting the eyelets. Only about 100 more to go! ;___;

That is looking fantastic. And I sympathize on the eyelets. I make a lot of corset and hand-set all the two part grommets and it can take forever and kill your hands. But it does allow me to hammer out some aggression.

Arlette
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
That is looking fantastic. And I sympathize on the eyelets. I make a lot of corset and hand-set all the two part grommets and it can take forever and kill your hands. But it does allow me to hammer out some aggression.

Yeah I did grommets in leather once (well, my friend was doing it and I was helping) and I was like...nope. Never again! I don't even have the upper body strength!

Anyway, about 7 hours of work on this thing is done. I had nothing to do today other than wait for the new episode, so...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcfjvorKS1qbyr9n.jpg

Celiaskyleaf
11-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Yeah I did grommets in leather once (well, my friend was doing it and I was helping) and I was like...nope. Never again! I don't even have the upper body strength!

Anyway, about 7 hours of work on this thing is done. I had nothing to do today other than wait for the new episode, so...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcfjvorKS1qbyr9n.jpg

you guys need to get one of these Eyelet Tool (http://www.handyhippo.co.uk/p5685-crop-a-dile-big-bite-eyelet-setter.html) . I got mine at Michaels and it worked great on setting grommets into leather and even my parts of my corset but for the lacing of corsets I cheat and use this Lacing Tape (https://www.farthingalescorsetmakingsupplies.com/tips.php?article=20) that's the how to page, and here is the to buy page Eyelet/grommet/lacing tape to buy (https://www.farthingalescorsetmakingsupplies.com/products.php?cat=lacing) works like a charm and save tons of time and it can be dyed :wave:

Mehdia
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I actually kind of enjoy setting my grommets by hand. I used to use a pair of setting pliers when I only did eyelets, but now with the two piece grommets I use I have a mallet and setting piece that make it really easy. A few hits and bam, it's in. I want to invest in an industrial setter, but man are they expensive.

But Arlette, the Rumple costume is looking great so far.

Rexluna
11-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Yay! I'm glad there's a thread for this!

Everyone's stuff looks great so far (I didn't have time to go through all 16 pages but what I did see was great!)

I'm working on a Red (http://onceuponatimeabc.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/7d859c20be58b8ac533848414724dc09.jpg) costume, her version from Season 1. I found the freaking perfect (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/522308_237459933050082_1817285382_n.jpg) (nearly) fabric. I got the wrong hook things for the corset but I really like them anyway.

But seriously, what the heck is happening with her hood? After seeing the new episode, I noticed her hood has this random details that I couldn't see before. First, I noticed that apparently, the hood has a strip (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29800000/1x15-Red-Handed-once-upon-a-time-29816410-1280-720.png) at the edge instead of just being one piece. And it has arm holes (http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbo=d&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS506US506&biw=1440&bih=756&tbm=isch&tbnid=kpycabG8IvqcsM:&imgrefurl=http://sciencefiction.com/2012/03/12/once-upon-a-time-red-handed-recap/&docid=I_DqSIM6KVti2M&imgurl=http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hood-1.jpg&w=503&h=533&ei=DLehUJvKI6GmigLXv4Bw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=94&dur=147&hovh=231&hovw=218&tx=68&ty=128&sig=107193173835830624994&page=2&tbnh=139&tbnw=122&start=26&ndsp=37&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:20,i:159)? And then it looks completely different here (http://s1.tvequals.com/tv/up/2012/11/once-upon-a-time-red-822x462-550x309.jpg). This (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c194.0.403.403/p403x403/561499_409381382467286_1308542877_n.jpg) picture too, is different. What the heck? How many different versions of this "one of a kind" hood do they freaking have?! So frustrating...

Ani_BEE
11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
I usually interface and layer the crap out of the eyelet/grommet area I'm setting. I'm do my setting by hand as well with a form or some times just on a block of wood and a hammer. The eyelet-setter looks nice though.

My Red Queen, Knginku and Yuriruka has needed the large eyelets for the obi and bodice, the most time consuming thing was cutting the starter holes. lol

As for Red they like to make doubles for stunts and close ups, there might have been an issue with the original one being damaged and not finding the fabric to match it perfectly again. The key thing is that her hood is tone on tone red pattern fabric.

Regina..... I hate not finding that fabric online. It's going to be hard sourcing anything like it the Toronto Fabric area. I'm never had luck finding brocades there.

Moofingham
11-13-2012, 08:40 PM
@Arlette. Bravo! That looks superb!

I enjoy the hammering aspect of grommets but mine always end up so rough on the inside. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Would eyelet pliers help with that?

@Rexluna. Welcome to the thread of Red. And yes, her cloak seems to change. I think last weeks episode was the first time we got a daylight shot of the lower hem of her cloak. And she has a strip of plain fabric followed by another patterned piece, on that one, which I remember seeing in the red-handed episode. Hello, more details.

And the costume review of last weeks episode. Other than the cloak close up, not too much new stuff for red. Pity. Loved anita's outfit though. There was excellent layering on it. I wish I had a screen cape on those sleeves.

Rexluna
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
God yeah, her outfit was awesome!

Mehdia
11-14-2012, 01:13 AM
I enjoy the hammering aspect of grommets but mine always end up so rough on the inside. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Would eyelet pliers help with that?
Are you using the two part grommets or eyelets that have the little ridges cut into them to make them fold down? If you are using the second, I suggest getting two part grommets. They aren't pre-cut. Instead they are made to roll down over the washer as you hammer. They give a much smoother finish inside that won't possibly cut you if put against bare skin.

Moofingham
11-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you using the two part grommets or eyelets that have the little ridges cut into them to make them fold down? If you are using the second, I suggest getting two part grommets. They aren't pre-cut. Instead they are made to roll down over the washer as you hammer. They give a much smoother finish inside that won't possibly cut you if put against bare skin.

....I think the second ones? I know I have used grommets before, but I cant find where I put the piece that has them, so I don't remember if they did the same thing. The last few projects I used: http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/Dritz-Eyelets-100-Count-Brass.html
With the associated tool, which does look slightly different than the grommets one. It's not really rough on the skin, but there are rough edges in the "tunnel" where the ribbon or cord goes, fraying the lacing. I often have to squeeze those flaps inside the tunnel to get them to lay flat?

Rexluna
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
I've used both kinds of grommets, the kind you hammer and the kind you use the tool for. I like the tool because I tend to work on things late at night...and I'd wake up my family with the banging xD Before I had the tool, I tried to do it quietly, using my leg as a sound buffer. All I got were bruises lmao

I noticed with the tool that no matter what the back looked like, it always smoothed it out. I didn't have any fraying cord. Though it could be that I'm just bad with a hammer...I dunno.

Ani_BEE
11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes those small ones don't come with mates to press together to form a nice tube like the larger size ones do. I wish they make two part one in that size. >_< There's not much you can do about that when doing the hand method.

Mehdia
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Two part ones definitely cut down on the tear on the ribbon or cording that laces up whatever you need to lace. I use these (http://corsetmaking.com/grommets-washers/CMS-GW-0SDZ.html), they have a 1/4" inner diameter and they are great for just about everything. They also have these (http://corsetmaking.com/grommets-washers/CMS-GW-00SDZ.html) with a 3/16" inner diameter. The site sells the setting tools and everything you would need to put them in. There are also more colors besides silver on there. I tend to buy most of them by the gross so that I don't have to keep ordering them all the time, but then again, I make corsets all the time, so I need the grommets.

Also, hammering them in can be fun. Since my house is elevated, my floors like to give under the hammer, so I have a cinder block in my room that I cover with a towel or something and use that to give the right resistance to make the grommets set easier. It usually takes two or three good hits and they are in.

Ani_BEE
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
^ totally worth the shipping as both Fabricland and Len Mill chains in Ontario don't carry anything but the one sided ones. >_<

Mehdia
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, corsetmaking.com is pretty high on their shipping, but it's worth it for sure. I've looked at other sites that sell the same things, and they have much higher base costs and their shipping makes it even more expensive. Corsetmaking.com also ships extremely fast, so you aren't pacing around waiting weeks for your stuff to arrive. And it always arrives packaged really nicely so that your materials are safe. I've been supporting them and telling anyone I can about them for years. They are just a great site to order from.

Celiaskyleaf
11-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, corsetmaking.com is pretty high on their shipping, but it's worth it for sure. I've looked at other sites that sell the same things, and they have much higher base costs and their shipping makes it even more expensive. Corsetmaking.com also ships extremely fast, so you aren't pacing around waiting weeks for your stuff to arrive. And it always arrives packaged really nicely so that your materials are safe. I've been supporting them and telling anyone I can about them for years. They are just a great site to order from.

What about duty and taxes added on? I order from here www.farthingalescorsetmakingsupplies.com cause they are canadian and I don't have to worry about any of that... There base prices might be high but there shipping isn't. I just did a comparison and farthingales was $5and change cheaper and that was with tax and shipping on farthingales and just shipping on corsetmaking.com

TheFontBandit
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=Rexluna;4548875
But seriously, what the heck is happening with her hood? After seeing the new episode, I noticed her hood has this random details that I couldn't see before. First, I noticed that apparently, the hood has a strip (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29800000/1x15-Red-Handed-once-upon-a-time-29816410-1280-720.png) at the edge instead of just being one piece. And it has arm holes (http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbo=d&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS506US506&biw=1440&bih=756&tbm=isch&tbnid=kpycabG8IvqcsM:&imgrefurl=http://sciencefiction.com/2012/03/12/once-upon-a-time-red-handed-recap/&docid=I_DqSIM6KVti2M&imgurl=http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hood-1.jpg&w=503&h=533&ei=DLehUJvKI6GmigLXv4Bw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=94&dur=147&hovh=231&hovw=218&tx=68&ty=128&sig=107193173835830624994&page=2&tbnh=139&tbnw=122&start=26&ndsp=37&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:20,i:159)? And then it looks completely different here (http://s1.tvequals.com/tv/up/2012/11/once-upon-a-time-red-822x462-550x309.jpg). This (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c194.0.403.403/p403x403/561499_409381382467286_1308542877_n.jpg) picture too, is different. What the heck? How many different versions of this "one of a kind" hood do they freaking have?! So frustrating...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems like there are definitely at least two cloaks. One is a red-on-red textured velvet with a floral or damask pattern that appeared in Red-Handed and Child of the Moon.The other is a solid red (maybe wool) with a loose, felted-type trim - it's appeared in a few flashback scenes, like in Heart of Darkness... one where Red tells Charming to leave because she'll hold off the men that found them... she takes it off to transform.

Felted trim version screencaps: http://s820.beta.photobucket.com/user/fontbanditBJD/library/ouat/1x16_HeartDarkness

Red-on-red pattern screencaps: http://s820.beta.photobucket.com/user/fontbanditBJD/library/ouat/1x15_RedHanded

Moofingham
11-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you for the grommet tips, everyone. I had no idea there was so much more to them outside of fabricland. (I still love you Fabricland...and your sales) I think the next time I need to use some, I am going to invest in some #0's, from one of these corset making companies.
<-is so looking forward to not having frayed ribbon....

Also on OUAT topic: Planning on starting my Red cloak soon. I'll see if I can get over to my aunt's friend place with the giant cutting table in a few weeks. Then...it's just nice, straight stitching...

Arlette
11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
I use the little eyelet pliers, but they still make me feel like I'm getting carpel tunnel most of the time! At least they're quieter than hammering. I used to feel like a jackass when I had to use a hammer and made so much noise.

Anyway, since the costume I'm doing is specifically from "The Crocodile" I am now torn on what kind of material to get for the cloak! We're doing a group at Katsucon and there's a big fake pirate ship I wanna shoot on and everything, so I wanna be legit. What do you guys think it looks like? And what COLOR, because it could just be dirty?

http://screencapped.net/tvshows/displayimage.php?album=257&pid=455541#top_display_media

http://screencapped.net/tvshows/displayimage.php?album=257&pid=452536#top_display_media

I think it's the same one he wears in "The Return" but I'd have to go back and check.

Ani_BEE
11-16-2012, 10:15 AM
He seem to have to capes on a burgundy and ones a brown. >_<

It could be wool with the brown one.

Mehdia
11-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree that it could be wool. Though the closer one looks almost like it's got a suede or velvet texture to it...

Moofingham
11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
...The first one looks like it has a definate burgundy undertone, and the second it a very earthy brown, whaaa? and I agree with Medhia, the first one could pass for wool, but the second does look suede like... or even the trimming on it looks almost suede like, rather than leather, while the material looks.... woven? Not like rough canvas but there's some crinkles on top of it that reminds me of the creases in demin like fabrics. That might just be my computer though....

Ani_BEE
12-03-2012, 08:23 AM
It doesn't look like we will get to see the mermaid or the octopus (Ariel and Ursula)... But I was certain of who the Queen of Hearts was. ;)

I liked the teaser scenes for the second half of the year. Love Regina's reaction in it.... also loved Regina's dresses there was 2 new ones this episode!

TheFontBandit
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Am I the only one absolutely smitten with Cora's blue dress/cloak? *swoon*

Ani_BEE
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes there was SO MUCH detail in it. O_O I feel the need to down load the episodes to take screen capture.

Also they not insane textile pattern ti is it's all beading and appliques. Most of her dresses also has bell sleeves at the elbow. If I can't get the Fabric i want for Regina, I'll tack Cora's instead as she in the dress for a longer period of time/episodes.