PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gallery Concerns and Suggestions

LuckInSpades
12-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, it had been awhile since I was going to put anything in my photo gallery here. Mostly because I am out of space. I had asked a few times for more space, but my requests went unanswered. So, I then decided to try and weed out some pictures.

When I get in there, suddenly I see all my pictures amassed into one huge gallery. I had previously sorted all my convention photos into their own folders, but those were all gone.

I sighed and went to do my deleting. I realized it was taking a whole lot of forever to delete the pictures one-by-one. So, could there perhaps be a mass-deletion system? Like, a checkbox on the thumbnails that will allow several of them to be deleted at once.

Then I went to put my pictures back into galleries. Had the same problem. So, instead of having that checkbox just be delete, have a scroll-down action menu saying stuff like "Delete," "Move," "Edit," etc. It would make life so much easier for those who have large galleries because they do a lot of photography at cons and photoshoots.

Also, if we can be informed of what our total space limit is (like, for those who like to put their con photos up, costume photos, reference pics, etc), that would be really helpful when planning to put up con photos. Thanks.

KuroBara
12-06-2003, 02:35 PM
It says exactly how much space you have on the Upload photos page. Admin wrote an excellent tutorial on shrinking your photos' filesizes without affecting quality, have you read that? Initially I blew through all my space because my pics are too big. For con pictures, you can post them in Member Con Galleries, I don't think that affects your total photospace, but I could be wrong.

Admin
12-06-2003, 03:48 PM
The whole photo gallery thing happened a month ago and was detailed numerous times so I'm not going to go too far into it again . . . but really all you have to do is re-make the folders and you can move each individual picture back into them. There's no need to delete them and then re-upload them. You should have a move option when you look at your photos if you're currently logged in.

The mass-delete option might pop up in the future but it's way down the "to-do" list right now. Stuff like that I have to code myself and I have to make something like that for the photo moderators first, which will test it out anyway.

I'll see about making something that shows you what your limit is when you log in or on your photo page or something, but for now if you go to upload a photo it should show you right there how much more space you have.

LuckInSpades
12-06-2003, 11:26 PM
First off, my apologies Admin. I have not been on the site in a bit more than the said time, as I have been very busy getting a job and with school. That could be why I missed it all.

Okay, I know what my current limit is. But, what I meant to say was what limit we can expect to get from requests. I lack webspace in general and I lack the funds to get most webspaces. Anything I can ususally get I would fill up very quickly (usually with art, not convention photos). If I don't have the space to put up my photos, I probably won't take them anymore.

I had put my con photos in the member con galleries previously, and it ate up my space. I lack most imaging programs to keep quality, and I have cropped most of my pictures down to what I consider tolerable.

I wasn't deleting and re-uploading any of my pictures. I was deleting pictures to make room. Yeah... I guess I have to be more clear. I'm sorry.

jaxxy
12-08-2003, 11:43 PM
i was wondering if the ablum option will become aviable again? cuz i noticed they disappered. just wondering.............

liz-maru
12-09-2003, 04:45 PM
i was wondering about that as well :/

Admin
12-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Can you not make an album anymore? You should be able to.

jaxxy
12-10-2003, 12:36 AM
yea ur right..... i just noticed you can make them..whoops.. but still i remeber i made some like two weeks ago and they disappered.