PDA

View Full Version : The Automatic Subscribing

ThatYaoiBoy
12-06-2003, 06:58 PM
Honestly I hate it. I post in so many threads that when I check my mail I'm almost done with my file quota and I can't remember to go into subscriptions and cut all of them off. Even though I do that however, I still get sent e-mails. It's flooding my mail account and makes me rather irritated :/ is there a way I can completely get rid of this?

psythe
12-06-2003, 07:51 PM
User CP > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode

set it to Do Not Subscribe

ElvishBoi
12-06-2003, 07:53 PM
I kind of agree with ThatYaoiBoy..
I mean.. some posts I will make a comment that is relevant to the forum once or twice, and for the next ten years I'm receivin replies to it :P
It's actually ironic too, the forums I don't want replies from, I am constantly updated about.. and the ones I wouldn't mind I'm not reminded of.. but really, I can log on and see what's up when necessary.
c.c

psythe
12-06-2003, 07:53 PM
see above.

Karisu-sama
12-06-2003, 08:33 PM
But the default original setting is supposed to be "do not subscribe". It got changed somehow. Admin said he will be looking into it.

(I NEVER got subscribed to any threads, until it started happening recently, and I hadn't changed anything.)

EDIT: There's something really weird going on with the display in the edit options page too --- it specifies what option you are changing, but then I have to scroll down loads of empty page until I get to the actual selection box. Very odd. (using IE on OSX)

Miaka No Baka
12-06-2003, 08:47 PM
what i find is also weird is that it says "if you don't check the thread you won't receive more updates" but yet I stop checking whatever thread I don't wanna hear about anymore and yet I still get messages long after I stopped going into that thread. Is there a problem with that?

Miaka no Baka

Admin
12-07-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm really not sure why it switched the defaults, but I'll put it at the top of the to-do list.