PDA

View Full Version : A new cos-play troupe looking for members

JoeBoeing
10-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

I've been wanting to form a cos-play troupe for a while and with me bieng a King of Fighters fan I thought I'd make it on the Psycho Soldiers team.

I'm going as Kensou and I have an Athena pending. However I need a Bao and Chin.

The make-shift site is at: http://www.geocities.com/chibijoe/PsychoSoldiers/Troupe.html with info.

Like the site says, Martial arts skills are not required but it does make the fighting on stage more realistic. However if you have a good idea of of body movement that is just fine.

I hope to have this troupe preform at Ani-Magic every year and maybe Fanime and Anime Expo.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

SohjiroX
10-30-2002, 10:56 AM
well I am doing chris and the other male teenager not bao for the athena team. if you check the fun fighting thread you will find me talk to a athena about a con I will meet her at and if you want I will plan on that for you ok?

JoeBoeing
10-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Are you doing Riot of Blood (Orochi) Chris or regular Chris?

Actually, this might be for the time being a west coast cos-play troupe (mainly California based), but the gal I asked to play Athena lives in Las Vegas.

I've been thinking of haveing special guest appearances by other characters though for skits. I'll be needing them for re-enacting bosss battles and endings.

I can't wait to see pics of you as Chris. I don't have Kensou's size and I'm not as athletic as I use to be but I do have his personality and can easily portray him.

I want to see pics of your Psycho Soldiers group.

If I don't find a Bao and Chin I can always turn this into a Psycho Soldiers Arcade Duo... but I doubt anyone remembers the old arcade game with Athena and Kensou from 1986.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

makio
10-30-2002, 01:33 PM
I didn't realize how serious you were before about this idea! :thumbsup:
I suppose I could try to be Chin Gentzai, though I might be too tall for the role... but feel free to mark me down in being willing to participate!

JoeBoeing
10-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Makiotwist - Your location says you are from Florida... can you make it to California a couple times a year to be with the troupe?

Also, do you have a pic of yourself? I'm curious as to what you look like since I don't think I've seen you. I don't remember meeting a person with your alias.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

makio
10-31-2002, 02:34 AM
If you tell me ahead of time (i.e., 2-3 months in advance), I'll try to make it out there. As for images, just click the gallery button below my post or on my profile. :devil:

liz-maru
10-31-2002, 08:06 AM
im definetly goin to animazement as at least two if not three versions of athena! ^^ and orochi shermie as well cause hopefully i can meet up with SohjiroX and were you gonna come too?! ^_^

JoeBoeing
10-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Liz-maru- I'm currently not working thus no real funds... but if I get a job it could be a possibility. but right now I have to save up for my room for Ani-Magic and a plane ticket to Dallas for A-kon to meet Melissa. and I'd like to be able to preform at AX with the Psycho Soldiers troupe I'm trying to form.

makio
10-31-2002, 03:13 PM
Liz-maru, I don't think it'd be a problem for me to make it to Animazement, but AX has and probably always will be hard to find time to get to. In the past I've either had work or relatives visiting the weekend AX comes around...so who knows if I can truly make it in 2003. At least we'll hang out at one convention! :)