PDA

View Full Version : J-rock cosplay help... >.o

Starlit Rose
12-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Dyargh, I've no creativity when I WANT to draw or do things like this, so I'm asking for some help.

I'm going to wear my "Myaku" Kaoru outfit and a friend is going to wear her "Myaku" Shinya outfit (if the outfits make any difference). There's a possibility that another girl will be coming, and she'd cosplay Toshiya. (She needs a ride! Anyone going to Ohayocon that could give someone a ride from Indianapolis...please contact me!! XD)

Anyhoot, I'm not asking for full skit ideas...just some ideas to work off of. x.x; Can anyone help me? lol *muchly appreciated!*

Eleryth
12-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Dyargh, I've no creativity when I WANT to draw or do things like this, so I'm asking for some help.

I'm going to wear my "Myaku" Kaoru outfit and a friend is going to wear her "Myaku" Shinya outfit (if the outfits make any difference). There's a possibility that another girl will be coming, and she'd cosplay Toshiya. (She needs a ride! Anyone going to Ohayocon that could give someone a ride from Indianapolis...please contact me!! XD)

Anyhoot, I'm not asking for full skit ideas...just some ideas to work off of. x.x; Can anyone help me? lol *muchly appreciated!*

Sadly, I don't know anything about Jrock... but the most recent Jrock themed skit I saw they did a dance routine (nothing really complicated) involving a few basic steps and fans and those paper umbrellas and stuff.

So, dance routine is one suggestion.

Um, have them being misaken for someone else? I have no clue what they look like, sorry...
Or, um (assuming they are males, like most jrockers that I have heard of, even if they look female), have them be called women and they get really upset?
Or something totally off the wall, like start out with a rock type intro, then burst into song - singing twinkle twinkle or something really simple and easy.
Or unrelated - have them start fighting about something inane, like the newest pokemon card or something...
Or an infomercial, promoting something strange... like, jrocker makeup. If you order today, you get free boxes of pocky!
Play music and dance together to it? To show off the costumes?
Come on stage, pretending you don't see anyone, and the stage\room is empty, then play leap-frog across the stage?
Play DDR? Have a dance-off?
Advertise water? And say its better than volvic (Because gackt advertises for volvic)?

Um..... sorry...I was getting really really random. :thumbsup:

Starlit Rose
12-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Hehe, thank you for replying! *hugs you*

You had a couple of ideas that might be nifty to work with. XD The one with acting like a character thinks there's no one in the room is cute...he could belt out into a song he's always wanted to sing, or dance a weird jig, or talk to himself about something he'd never want anyone else to hear and then have another person walk in on him. Hehe.

Well, in math today, we had a sub and she said that the teacher had apparently left her with nothing to do, so I had the entire class to brainstorm. ^^; I came up with a couple of things that I wouldn't mind someone commenting and/or suggesting for it. ^^

Here's what I thought up. I had read a translated interview where the drummer, Shinya, had said that his favorite gift from a fan was a vacuum cleaner, and I was a bit inspired to kick something off from there. And just for reference - Shinya is the "cute" one and is always picked on, Kaoru is the mature and calm one (but aslso a big dork), Kyo is the weird one that is called "cute" all the time (he's short) and loathes it, Die loves to pick on Shinya, and Toshiya is the "slut" of the group and also likes to pick on Shinya.

I thought maybe it could start out where everyone's on stage except Die, and Die walks on with a fanletter saying to maybe Kaoru, "Hey, check this letter out. This girl's obsessed" and then read some of it <cue humor, like have something on the letter like "I love you so much Die!! I wish you would give me mouth-to-mouth!!" or something to that extent...weird things>. Then Shinya might say, "My favorite thing is still that vacuum a fan gave me..." After that, Toshiya would read a letter that had a ShinyaxToshiya shounen-ai/yaoi doujinshi in it, and Toshiya would be looking at the pictures and say in Shinya's direction "Ooohh...Shinya so sexy...*growls*" and Shinya would roll his eyes. The last idea I had was have one of the characters (probably Kaoru since he wasn't doing anything) be called for a package that had just arrived, and then he would drag it onto center stage for the others to see. It would be a large box, and as one of them would open it, out would pop a rabid fangirl, and she would be all squeaky and crazy yelling "KYOOOOOOOOO-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" and chase everyone off stage. O.o;;

Mebbe something could be thrown in between the doujin part and the end...dunno how long that would even be. ^^;

And by the way, it turns out we now have all but a Kyo. O.o;

Eleryth
12-10-2003, 11:04 PM
I like the 'fangirl in a box' idea... I worry that doing the entire thing might be too long. The cons I compete in, we get 60 seconds - including time to come on stage and off (or they turn the lights off on you). I noticed that the time for skits is longer in the US - about 2-3 minutes instead of 1.

That said, you don't have to use all 3 minutes for your skit. I think if it's short and funny, it will leave a better impression on the audience. When my group tries to come up with something, we try to have ony one really 'big' punchline, and that's it. Too much and it gets hard to follow/'crowded'.

Also, because not everyone knows jrock, I think the jokes should be simple and easy to undesrtand, and not inside jokes. Your suggested skit was good, in that it provided the background information necessary (mostly, anyway), and a joke for each chara. Maybe work off that idea... have a tv host interviewing them all on their favorite 'fan gifts'? Or each rocker gets delivered a present by a stage ninja - one of them is the vacuum cleaner, etc, and the last one a fangirl in a box? (sorry, I just have this great mental image of a girl popping out of a box and sqealing)

Glad you have some ideas. Now, just sit down, have lots of sugar with your pals, and talk about what you think would work. That's how we do it, and come up with some pretty random stuff that (sometimes) works. :)

Good luck!! Jrock skits are hard.

Starlit Rose
12-10-2003, 11:33 PM
I like the 'fangirl in a box' idea... I worry that doing the entire thing might be too long. The cons I compete in, we get 60 seconds - including time to come on stage and off (or they turn the lights off on you). I noticed that the time for skits is longer in the US - about 2-3 minutes instead of 1.

That said, you don't have to use all 3 minutes for your skit. I think if it's short and funny, it will leave a better impression on the audience. When my group tries to come up with something, we try to have ony one really 'big' punchline, and that's it. Too much and it gets hard to follow/'crowded'.

Also, because not everyone knows jrock, I think the jokes should be simple and easy to undesrtand, and not inside jokes. Your suggested skit was good, in that it provided the background information necessary (mostly, anyway), and a joke for each chara. Maybe work off that idea... have a tv host interviewing them all on their favorite 'fan gifts'? Or each rocker gets delivered a present by a stage ninja - one of them is the vacuum cleaner, etc, and the last one a fangirl in a box? (sorry, I just have this great mental image of a girl popping out of a box and sqealing)

Glad you have some ideas. Now, just sit down, have lots of sugar with your pals, and talk about what you think would work. That's how we do it, and come up with some pretty random stuff that (sometimes) works. :)

Good luck!! Jrock skits are hard.

Yeah, you're right about using up all of the time we're allowed (not sure how long we get yet...I'll have to check up on that). It probably would be best if it was somewhat short. Don't want to tire everyone out with a long act. And yeah, I was trying to keep it so that most people could still enjoy jokes even if they aren't into J-rock, and make it especially enjoyable for the ones that are (hard to keep it that way though XD you want to fall into so many dumb inside jokes). I'll keep working at it though! Might write something out, like an outline or something, hehe.

I hope I can find a big enough box. XD I wouldn't want a box that would make it obvious that someone was inside, but rather have a box that the person could curl up in a tad (they'd only be in it for about 5 minutes!), tape the flaps closed right before we went on, and then just take the tape off then.

Yes, J-rock skits are hard! @_@;

Eleryth
12-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Sorry, just had an idea to work in a little inside joke...

The box comes one, and that guy says 'I hope that's another vacuum cleaner!! That was my favorite fan-gift!!!' Then the girl pops out and he can be all disappointed while she chases after the Kyo guy.

Because vacuum cleaners come in large boxes. :)

Or, if someoen could actually FIT in a vacuum box, the vacuum guy can get all excited 'its another vacuum cleaner! another vacuum! Yes!!!!' then open it., look inside, and sigh. 'kyo, this ones for you again.' and the girl can come out and chase after kyo, and vacuum man can sigh and say 'damn, I was really looking forward to another good vacuum....'

??? Ok. Lack of food causing giddiness. Sorry!

Kaede
12-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Ah it would be funny if you guys had a Kyo. YOu could always play around with Deg's fascination with engrish. Or set up a mock SHOXX interview and have Kaoru (leadersama) hogging the mike and Shinya saying something like "Oh yeah, I got married three years ago..." and Die being like "What! You never...oh right! The vacuum, the computer, the cow milking...it's clear now! YOu married Yoshiki!" Or something like that. Deg always does those written magazine questionairres so you could record your voices/thoughts and have each member thinking really strange things.

Starlit Rose
12-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Hahaha! Those are really good ideas! (The cow milking...XD)

Awww, I get this really cute image of Shinya hanging his head of disappointment. XD And I also like the idea of having one of them check the box first, then close it and say "Uh, this is for you, Kyo," and then clear the way or take cover.

Hehe, the Engrish would be fun, though it would be a little akward since we'd already be speaking (correct) English. o.o; Hmn.

I also like the recording idea, thooouuugh, I personally would prefer to avoid using recordings or music, as I'm paranoid and pessimistic and can't help but think that there'd be technical problems and it wouldn't work right, or we'd have a lot of trouble with timing. ^^; That is cool though!