PDA

View Full Version : A-kon was fuuuuun! ^^

Philia Philis
06-03-2002, 02:55 AM
A-kon was so awesome! Oh my goodness, did anyone have as good a time as I did? I met lots of really cool peoples, many of whom I will get to see again next month at AX! YAY! :D

Like no one except one person recognized Vincent. It was very sad. XD I actually got quite a bit of recognition as Marion.... A lot more than I had expected, anyway. XD

Anywho! Yeah! *passes out from exhaustion*

Ranma Saotome
06-03-2002, 03:41 AM
Marion? Who's that?

Philia Philis
06-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Heehee... I guess Ranma would've been one of the ones who didn't know who I was. XD Marion is from an RPG called Thousand Arms. She's this totally insane inventor girl. ^^ I had to cosplay her just 'cause she's such a FREAK. XD

Duncan
06-03-2002, 05:37 PM
*collapses on the ground* A-kon was certainly fun. My group won the Hall Cosplay, so that was cool! *dances* It was nice to meet Michi and Philia!

Ali-kun
06-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Duncan - Ooh, you guys won the hall cosplay? How exciting ^_^ Wonder if I saw you...do ya have any pictures?

*glomps Philia Erin Person Friend* I recognized you as Vincent! Even though, erh, I had very little clue who Vincent was...but I still, um, recognized you. Or maybe I recognized Erin and Erin's boots, which I saw half done at your house...ahehe...
Nobody wuvs Naoki ;_; However, lots of people wuv Ayashi no Ceres and Team Rocket, so it was okay...*hugs poor abused Naoki* (They should have had DDR 5th mix there so I could play in costume *giggles*)

I am so pathetic. I had not even left the hotel and I started thinking "oooh, I would -love- to do -this- character's costume!"
(was flipping through Alice 19th manga ^^;; I was only looking at the pretty pictures then because I am not good at reading Japanese even when I am NOT moving, but Yuu Watase is good at pretty pictures)

Ach. Now to go make some money so I can keep spending it...especially since evil D-chan and Erin are 'strongly encouraging' me to go to AX next year o_O;

Nabeshin
06-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Akon was fun..and my hide costume was ok i guess though i need to change it somewhat...hehe i think a total of 5 people took my picture. hehe Kevin Lillard didn't even take a pic...oh well it's not abotu that anyway. i need to figure out some new pose too...i started to think the little flexing thing from when he played "Lassie" live got old after a little bit.

Philia Philis
06-04-2002, 12:08 AM
> My group won the Hall Cosplay, so that was cool! *dances*

Wow, I hadn't heard that! Congratulations! ^__^

> It was nice to meet Michi and Philia!

It was nice to meet you too! :D

> especially since evil D-chan and Erin are 'strongly encouraging' me to go to AX next year o_O;

You're darn right, missy. You had so better come. >=D

> think a total of 5 people took my picture

I was one of them! Yay me! XD I thought your pose was awesome, BTW. ^^

I can't wait to get my film developed! Wheeeeeeee!

Duncan
06-04-2002, 02:11 AM
http://www.usagichan.com/archive/Akon13test2.JPG Lindze
http://www.usagichan.com/archive/Akon13test4.JPG Me http://www.abcs.com/sirrub/mappyakon31.JPG Christy

That's all I've found right now.

*roots around* :crylaugh:

Michi
06-04-2002, 03:21 AM
Eeeee!! It was so much fun meeting so many online friends~!
I can't even BEGIN to name them all O_O

And I hope lots of you will be at future cons! AX especially. ^_~ Oh maaaan I need to start working..

Oh~ and that Kuja walking around wasn't me. :P I was her Zidane in the masquerade.
My stupid ghetto ass Zidane costume. *cries*

At least my blue Mai went over well. ^_^

Philia Philis
06-04-2002, 06:41 AM
OHHHHHH, you guys were the Persona group! I didn't recognize any of you except Christy. ^^; Those costumes were so awesome! *_* I was so annoyed at my camera because it ran out of film like right when you guys had the group together. Oy. >_<;;;;

Yay, your blue Mai was very cute, Michi! ^^
*stands behind her to block the random backside shots* Evil perverted fanboys. *kicks them away*
The Zidane was cute, too! ^^ I do not really know what exactly the costume is supposed to look like, so I can't tell if it was ghetto. ^^;;;;;

*goes back to working on AX costumes*

Lillyxandra
06-04-2002, 09:04 AM
YAAAAAAYYY a-kon was sooo much fun! I had a great time cosplaying^_^ I had no idea that it was this much fun! I love it when people would yell " hey! hand maid may! can i take a picture of you?) My sister and i could not walk walk 2 feet without someone stoping us for a picture. but i had fun^_^ one guy asked me to show him my pantiesO_o I was like whhhaatt? weird fanboys.... It was cool chating with other cosplayers MichiMizer, Philia Philis, the girls from paper wings, yaya, Daitenshi and many many more!! I cant believe that my sister and I won Steve Bennett's Award!?!??! eeee I cant wait till next year!!

here a pic of us in fansview^___^
http://www.afansview.com/2002/akon/akcosp.htm

Lilly

Yuna
06-04-2002, 03:25 PM
w00t! It was fun XD

Ali-kun
06-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Duncan
http://www.usagichan.com/archive/Akon13test2.JPG Lindze
http://www.usagichan.com/archive/Akon13test4.JPG Me http://www.abcs.com/sirrub/mappyakon31.JPG Christy

Aaah! How did I miss you o_O;; Even though I -don't- know the characters, those are very distinctive costumes...oh well, from the pictures, they are awesome XD

Michi
06-04-2002, 06:40 PM
I can't believe people were actually taking backshots... *cries*

I'm actually being hard on myself with Zidane ~ it's only missing a belt, the right shoes, and gloves. ^_^; But STILL, I'm a perfectionist. ^^;

I loooooved your May costume, Lilly! =D

I'll have my photos soon.. my friend and roommate accidentally took my camera home with her, and she's in Texas and I'm in California. *falls over* So it'll be a while til I get my A-kon photos up. @_@

Ginny
06-04-2002, 11:48 PM
ARg! I missed sooo many people! *cries* I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! my A-kon mini-report is up on my LJ. I'll get pics up later maybe ^.^ http://gchan.livejournal.com

Michi
06-05-2002, 01:03 AM
Ahh G-chan~ I saw you at Otakon as a Moomba and I luuuuuved your skit at A-kon. ^_^ I kept meaning to talk to you but was always really busy. x.x

HuongStar
06-05-2002, 12:13 PM
It was really nice meeting Michi, Cybelle, Erin (Philia) and Celine but I wasn't much for conversation! ^_^; I enjoyed the peppermint patties and I gave one to a beatnik otaku that was requesting money.

Lilly, you and your sister looked absolutely adorable!!!

Nessa was the cutie monkey!!

As for "cheeky shots": boy am I glad I bought bloomers because I can almost see naughty bits in Celine's picture! ~chii~

Celine
06-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Meeting a lot of people I wanted to see was great! I hope that there are more meetings to take place in the future!! It was fun hanging out with all these cool people... and such awesome costumes from everyone. I posted my report in my lj and my pics on here.

Twinkle: We'll talk some time, I know it! I was glad that I was able to hunt you down (thanks to Mappy) and at least exchange hellos. I noticed that the picture was a tad too exciting... but hey, you have great long legs that everyone can see... really well. ^^

G-chan: I've never met you, but I wanted to give you a congratulations for your masquerade costume. I really loved the dress, and that wig looked great. Plus, you did a great job choreographing the entire thing and making the violin playing look pretty realistic (I played violin for six years, so I appreciate your effort!).

Rosiel
06-05-2002, 07:19 PM
I had so much fun! And I got to meet Erin! *glomps Erin*

What blew my mind was the number of people who actually knew who I was cosplaying as. *____* Although my friend as Belleza got a lot more compliments... at least from the male fans. Must be the heavily padded boobs. ^___^

But, still, Ramirez had fangirls! Whee! How unexpected!

Rosiel
06-05-2002, 07:21 PM
> It was really nice meeting Michi, Cybelle, Erin (Philia) and Celine but I wasn't much for conversation! ^_^;

Oh my... I'm horrible with remembering nicknames/names when I hear them for the first time... would you mind jogging my memory?

*feels aaaaaaaaaaawful*

quixotic
06-06-2002, 01:49 AM
i had a good time at A-Kon, but not as much as i could have, i think. i'm not as big into anime as most people there, i'd guess, but i'm probably more into it than the average person. it being my first con, it was kinda like dipping your foot in the water before you jump in. i think next year it'll be a blast and i'm really looking forward to it.

Philia Philis
06-06-2002, 07:07 AM
Lilly:
It was lovely meeting you! Your costume was great! :D Congratulations on your award!

Twinkle:
I'm glad you liked the Peppermint Patties! ^^ You were one of the few people I actually remembered to give the darn things to. Oy, I'm forgetful. ^^;;; It was nice meeting you, and your Chii was very cute!

Cybelle:
Yay, Cybelle! *glomps her back* Ahh, you are so cool! And you smell like roses! That is just beyond awesome! :D BTW, is it Cybelle or Cybele? I just assumed it had two L's, but I see people spelling it with one L, too, so I'm confused now! ^^;;;
I sooo wanna play Skies of Arcadia now! Wah! You guys were so cool!

G-chan:
Legend of Mana! AAAAHHHH!!! *cough* Calm, calm calm! Sorry. XD I didn't say much to you guys, but you were all awesome! Great costumes!

Celine:
Ahh, that evil evil Celine! She was the most terrible person at the whole convention! XD Just kidding, of course! You know I hearts you, Tania! ^^ Now finish that Marjoly, dagnabbit, so we can have costumes from the same game for once! XD

Michi:
Ya know, in a way, it's a compliment for fanboys to be taking shots of your rear. ^^;;; But they still deserve to have their teeth kicked in! *kicks their teeth in*

Quixotic:
I waited until my second con to cosplay too. It's muuuuuch more fun when you cosplay! You'll have 100x more fun next year! ^^

Rosiel
06-06-2002, 08:48 AM
> Yay, Cybelle! *glomps her back* Ahh, you are so cool!

You too! I'm so happy to have finally met you!
We need to hang out more at AX! I'll give you my cell # so we can meet up. (AX is soooo huge we won't be able to otherwise)

> And you smell like roses! That is just beyond awesome!

^___^ Thanks.

> BTW, is it Cybelle or Cybele?

Cybele, with an accent on the 'e'. (the one that looks like '\' I don't have this computer set up for using French ;___;)

> I sooo wanna play Skies of Arcadia now! Wah! You guys were so cool!

Yay! More Skies of Arcadia cosplayers! You will be assimilated!

HuongStar
06-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Yeah... :eek: I saw that picture and I nearly died! Thankfully, I bought "spankies" for the occasion. >_<

Cybelle, I met you through Mappy on Friday and Saturday night. My name is Twinkle (real name); HuongStar is my main online moniker. :D

Thank you both Erin and Celine for the compliments! I realize that I'm not built for Chii but she's too darn cute not to cosplay! ~chii~

Rosiel
06-06-2002, 09:01 AM
> Cybelle, I met you through Mappy on Friday and Saturday night.

Yes, I remember you now! *hugs* Nice meeting you!
I was so sleep and food deprived at A-kon it's a wonder I remember anything at all. ^_____^

Philia Philis
06-06-2002, 09:39 AM
> We need to hang out more at AX! I'll give you my cell # so we can meet up.

Yes, definitely! ^^ I will give you mine (ie: my dad's XD) as well! AX will be fun fun fun! I still haven't gotten used to using that phone.... Seems like every time someone calls, I hang up instead of answering. ^^;;;;;; *pokes at cell phone* Technology... I... don't.... understand.... *puts on dunce cap* ^^;;;;; Aaaaanywho, I'm really really happy to have finally met you, too! It's like "Ooh! These people... They're real!" XD

> Cybele, with an accent on the 'e'.

Ahh, silly me! I have been spelling it wrong all this time! *fixes it* Yay! Okies, everyone! Go read my A-kon report with the newly corrected spelling of Cybele! XD
http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=philiaphilis&itemid=1039#cutid1

My piccies are at Walgreen's right now, so obviously I can't set up a gallery yet. XD I will try to after I get them back! *cries over how she'll have to scan all of her photos when she could've just used her brother's digital camera*

yayahan
06-06-2002, 03:25 PM
I made in on here! XD
It was so nice to see everyone and I wish I had more time to spent with you guys, like Lilly, Haruka, Cybele etc ;_;
I was so busy running around, I didn't even get to buy one thing in the Dealer's room. I hope you all had a great weekend, I've been looking at the A-kon galleries and am amazed at the raise in quality costumes this year ^_^. A-kon was a little slow when it came to the Cosplay department but it seems like they finally realized that Cosplay draws many people to a convention! Let's hope that the Jrock Cosplay Contest will get many many contestants next year ^_-.

Yuna
06-08-2002, 01:00 AM
It was great to meetchu also Phillis! I wish you could have had your TMR costume with you *;_;* but I know they'll be other times ^^

w00t

Ringo
06-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Wai! Lots of people I know in here!
Just want to say it was great to meet you guys and had a great time.
For those people who don't know who I am I was a Kogal on Friday (for the j-rock cosplay), Sugar from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar on Saturday, and Dejiko from Di gi Charat on Saunday. Just wanted to say hi, see ya around!!

Philia Philis
06-08-2002, 10:07 PM
> It was great to meetchu also Phillis!

Thank yooouuu! ^^

>I wish you could have had your TMR costume with you *;_;* but I know they'll be other times ^^

Yeah, I was really sad that I ran out of time. ;_; I almost didn't even finish Vincent! X_X But at AX, we can get monkey girl, TMR, and Zidane all together! Monkeys take over AX! XD XD XD Would Thursday be okay with you? That's when I'm planning on doing TMR....

Duncan
06-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Ahh, Cybele! I remember seeing you in the resturant. Elly was sitting next to me.

Michi
06-08-2002, 10:46 PM
*pokes Philia* Mew, the Jrock event thingy is Friday~ Wear TMR Friday~ Of course for monkey takeover, I can easily wear Zidane on Thursday, I think.

Philia Philis
06-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Er... Weeellll..... I guess I could change into it again on Friday for a bit? Friday is actually the day for my main AX costume.... *kicks J-Rock event for interfering with her plans* But Karrie is going to be in my group with my main costume and has to change for the J-Rock thing anyway, so I guess I could too....?

Michi
06-09-2002, 03:17 AM
Heck, I'll be wearing 3-4 costumes per DAY. :P

sacha
07-02-2002, 06:01 PM
that sounds like you Michi XDD;;

I was in the same room with Michi and was afraid it wasn't her so I didn't say anything.. yes, I kick myself.. Michi kicked me too ^^;;

Next year I'm doing a costume a day, and will be participating in the jrock cosplay contest with a group of friends :D don't be surprised if a Bridal of Rose Kozi comes up and seduce-snuggles you randomly next year >D

I can see it now...
me: *goes up to random person*seduce-snuggles*
random person: WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! o________O;;
everyone around: *start taking photos*

XDDD;;

OneWinged09
07-05-2002, 03:16 PM
hehehe. ^___^ I liked a-kon this year, too bad I don't have any cosplay skills otherwise I woulda gone as Seifer cause I look exactly like him without my hair spiked. I just hope I can learn to make a costume before next a-kon.... without it looking like a monkey on alchohol put it together....

Cynthia
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Expect to see me there this year-I have no idea what I'll be wearing but I'll be there.

>My stupid ghetto ass Zidane costume. *cries*

There's nothing wrong with a costume being ghetto-as long as it doesn't look that way.

Zaneh
01-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Wow, no one's posted here for a while o.o Anyways, I cosplayed Zidane as well, though I only had a short walk on. To tell you the truth, all the camera flashing scared meh XD I mean, you walk on stage and then BOOM you're blinded! ANyway, the whole thing was great! I had sooooooo much fun!

Duncan
01-13-2003, 03:38 AM
Milk is full of calcium.

Michi
01-13-2003, 01:57 PM
o.o;;;;;; Zaneh? Zidane that my Kuja and I were talking to before the masquerade? XDDD Oioi~!

Duncan's so smart. :3

Duncan
01-13-2003, 02:45 PM
CHOCK full, I might add.

Michi
01-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Are YOU full of calcium? *pokes at your hipbone* :drink:

Zaneh
01-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Yup, that'd be me. ^____^ Err. . . milk is good if it isn't full of hormones like the milk producers keep putting in it which is slowly killing us all o____o but other than that, milk is wundarful. (Yes, mispelled on purpose, don't ask).