PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Matrix

Studmaster
12-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Matrix Cosplay has grown over the past year, and is steadly becoming one of the most popular non Japanese cosplays at Anime conventions. If it's a major con, expect to see some Neo's and some Agents dukeing it out.

Katsucon is no exception.

I'm brining my Morpheus costume to Katuscon X, and I was wondering if anyone else was thinking about Matrix Cosplaying at Katsucon, and if so lets collabarte our efforts and get a nice sized group togethe.

Lyn
12-09-2003, 08:02 PM
You're going to be a kick-ass Morpheus. ^^

Hey, I just now noticed the "Anti Fanboy Emperor" thing under your username. I nearly died laughing at that. ^_^ Though I wonder how long that was there and I just totally didn't notice it. x_x

Claireon
12-10-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm working on a Niobe costume for Arisia--a Boston scifi con that happens in January--and if it turns out alright I was thinking of bringing it to Katsu to wear on Friday. So if there's a group, I might definitely bring it. :)

I had a kickass idea for a skit, but unfortuantely have not the time or the people for it. And we can't compete Matrix costumes at Katsu... ah well! Long as we get some fun posed shots, I suppose.

Carmila
12-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Hum, maybe I should bring me "Neo" Coat and the skirt I am working on to go underneath it.He he he

DigitalCactus
12-10-2003, 01:05 PM
damn I wish I still had my pleather pants... I had a Matrix-eque outfit at one point... I may have to look into getting a new pair of those pants. I'll keep you guys posted

Studmaster
12-10-2003, 01:52 PM
You're going to be a kick-ass Morpheus. ^^

Hey, I just now noticed the "Anti Fanboy Emperor" thing under your username. I nearly died laughing at that. ^_^ Though I wonder how long that was there and I just totally didn't notice it. x_x

I put that as my user title like a few days ago. I needed a newer one, so I decided to go for it. (It came to me while writing a paper)

Neko Cathy
12-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Studmaster: Hell... fucking... yes! I'm hoping for an agent smith to come out because I glomped all the ones I saw at otakon. And it was great.

I can't cosplay any Matrix characters- no blondes in the series :(

ZiggyB
12-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey Studmaster. I do have a Matrix jacket that I made for Halloween. Hmm, if my luggage permits, I can bring that to Katsucon and join your group. :)

Studmaster
12-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey Studmaster. I do have a Matrix jacket that I made for Halloween. Hmm, if my luggage permits, I can bring that to Katsucon and join your group. :)

Coolness Ziggy, it would be an honor to Cosplay with you. :)

Seems like there is an intrest in this group happening. Hopefully everyone who has an intrest will show up to this, and we can have a kickass little gathering.

As for a group time and meeting place. I'm going to say early Friday afternoon, since I'm going to be arrving around 10 - 10:30 AM that Friday morning, and I would like a couple of hours to freshen up and relax, and I bet everyone else would appericate the same.

Studmaster
12-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Okay. Bump this up to the first page people. And right now it seems like we have.

(Note this list does not mean you're committed to bring a costume, just interested for now.)

Myself = Morephus
Claireon = Niobe
Digitial Cactus
Carmila
ZiggyB

Neko Cathy: You could always be a random agent.

DigitalCactus
12-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Count me in . I have a Morpheus coat that I bought off the rack, not really cosplay, but I'd love to join you guys and pose for some pics anyway.

BlueLady
12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
find the pants Dc *laughs*

I'll be there as random matrix background person LOL..

DigitalCactus
12-22-2003, 03:55 PM
hehe I'll try and see if i can find the pants. NekoCathy, we should hook you up in an all white pleather/vinyl outfit. That be tight. I know there was this one girl from the original movie that sported a white outfit

Carmila
12-22-2003, 05:02 PM
I still want to do one of the random background characters. That would be way cool!

DigitalCactus
12-22-2003, 06:50 PM
If I didnt have facial hair id go dressed as the Merovingian [the frenchman]. his Revolutions outfit owned. but we all know the hair stays. Im never shaving it off again. ever.

Claireon
12-30-2003, 02:07 AM
Ya could still dress as him. And NekoCathy could be Persephone, as ya wanna dress her in white vinyl!

DigitalCactus
12-30-2003, 02:45 AM
hmm Perhaps I should find a nice silk red tie to go with my red dress shirt... I dunno I'll most likely be a random Matrix rebel in a Morpheus-like coat. Must con NekoCathy into going as a Matrix type person

Studmaster
01-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Okay, the holidays are over, and it's time to gather everyone together to see what they are doing, and it looks like we have a nice sized group for this so far. Hopefully we can attract a Neo, a Trinty and a few more Agent Smiths, and make this little casual gathering ever better.

So...The Details of this little gathering...

Friday Feburary 13th, 2004 @ 1:00 PM on the Lobby of the convention Hotel, and now that the weapons policy is a more lax, we won't really have to go outside for weapons shots. Even though if the weather is warm enough, we could always go for a few action shots.

Particpants

Myself = Morephus
Claireon = Niobe
Digitial Cactus
Carmila
ZiggyB
Blue Lady
Neko Cathy

Studmaster
02-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Okay. Time to bump this up.
-----
Yes. The Matrix Gathering is still on. Sorry this hasn't been updated. But the details are these.

Time: 1:30 PM (This will give everyone invovled plenty of time to get ready.)
Place: Hotel Lobby.

From the Hotel Lobby, we will decide how we want to take Pictures. If weather and enough people permit, outside pictures will be taken.

Particpants.

Studmaster = Morephus
Claireon = Niobe
Digitial Cactus
Carmila
ZiggyB
Blue Lady
Neko Cathy

Everyone is invited. Just show up in Matrix Style Clothes and wear. I hope we can have a nice sized group and garner some attention.

Claireon
02-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Bwahhh ;_;
I'm not gonna have my Niobe done in time... No Matrix for me. I'm sorry, guys. :( I'm thinking of going to I-Con; maybe I can have it for then.

Anyways, hope to see you guys at the con. I'm sure you'll look great! ^_^

DigitalCactus
02-12-2004, 01:49 AM
hey Studs I know for a fact NekoCathy isn't doing a Matrix costume. I still am, however.