PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Trunks official licensed jacket review

vandonovan
11-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Have you or anyone you know ever bought the official licensed Trunks cosplay jacket?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JqbaF4HeL._SX385_.jpg

I feel like the colors are a little wrong on it, like the jacket (at least in the anime) is darker. (See here (http://images.wikia.com/ultradragonball/images/6/67/Mirai_Trunks.jpg) and here (http://www.rubberslug.com/user/0233baa15b054e8c988441e924824aeb/266177-9501246-trunksblushingbig.jpg)) However, I can only find that one photo of the jacket, so it's entirely possible it's darker in person and the photograph just makes it look lighter, etc.

So I'm curious if anyone has ever bought this jacket, or knows someone who has it, so I can see some other pictures of it in sunlight/inside, etc. And of course to ask whether or not the quality is nice or if it wears well or any other info anyone has. I'm probably not going to get it anyway, but I am nevertheless curious since if it was actually perfect I'd be willing to pay the price for the licensed one...

Ragtime Mouth
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Color aside, it looks rather flimsy. I don't know of anyone who has bought it, but how much is it? Because if it's more then $20 it looks like a rip off to me. When I say rip off, I also mean that quite literally, it looks like someone took a blue formal shirt and ripped off 70% of it. His jacket is very "full", almost like demin, in theory it looks like he'd rip that at the seams by accident.

I would just look for a pattern for a coat/jacket and change the sizing to be shorter in length before considering spending any dosh on this. I'm sorry I don't have any images of it personally, just giving my opinion on it.

vandonovan
11-24-2011, 10:30 PM
I agree completely, actually. It looks like the wrong color and the wrong material, which is why I really wanted to try and contact someone who had bought one or seen one in person/had other pictures of it, so I could see if it just looks like that or if it actually is as flimsy as it looks. I've definitely see bad photo graphs of clothing that looked cheap because of the flash or something. So I want to give the thing the benefit of the doubt since it's "official" and usually Japan is pretty good about official stuff. (As opposed to like, the cheap "official" Harry Pottter scarves, etc.)

But I'm totally content to make/commission/find my own if I can't get any confirmation on the quality of this. I don't have the kind of money needed to take a risk and find out myself. Alas.

FE Freak
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
What a piece of junk. As a Trunks fanboy I'm appalled this even got through the licensing phase. Why Toei? Anyway, the quality of the material looks cheap and lacking in structure, too wrinkly, the color is too light even for Trunks. It should be a little lighter than standard blue or just plain blue depending on what looks accurate and looks good on your skin. The patch is way too small as well. They have the correct seams at the very least. Overall, the construction appears to be fine it's just the major stuff that needs to be fixed; color, material, patch size.