PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!

damiensrealm
12-10-2003, 07:02 PM
does anyone know how to run an avatar that is more than 150 x 150 pixels?
if not then how do you convert it????

plz help

-damien

the_tennyo
12-10-2003, 07:06 PM
well it cant be over 150 pixels....
convert, in paint you can sketch and skew it.
or just...trim it....something I dunno :)

Chiri
12-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Yeah, the limit is 150x150 so avatars aren't out-of-control huge.

I fink this belongs in Site Help :U

ZiggyB
12-10-2003, 07:30 PM
damiensrealm: You're obviously new here. Welcome to Cosplay.com

For future reference, you may want to make the title of your threads a little more informative. For instance, "Avatar size help" or some such thing, not what you used as most people will ignore such a random thread title.

Anyway, in regards to your question, as was previously said, avatars are limited to 150x150 pixels, you can scale down any image using any number of graphics programs from MS Paint that comes with Windows, Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro which is a shareware graphics program.

Also since this post is site related, I'm moving this thread to the Site Help forums.

psythe
12-11-2003, 08:22 AM
While were at it, let's limit the size of signature images too :D:D:D

ZiggyB
12-11-2003, 04:54 PM
psythe: Haha, I think there is an unofficial size limit somewhere. I dunno, I turn signatures off anyway since, IMHO, most of them are quite annoying.

Admin
12-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Note to two people in this thread: There IS a sig limit in the rules, and it says:

1. Only one image per signature (several very small images are allowed in lieu of one larger image), not to be larger than 30K in size or about the size of a normal banner. We reserve the right to delete any images in sigs which exceed this limit. Many surfers are on dialup connections, and when a page is full of images the page will often take forever to load.

So that pretty much means once I have a bit more time to go through posts, your signature will most likely be deleted. Just a fair warning.